PDA

View Full Version : [Classic]Guide for installing Graphics Pack on FireFox

barcacl2006
24 Jun 2007, 10:45 PM
Before I start can I just thank Grizly for making this possible, for converting the US Graphics pack into the Uk one.

Ok to start off, unzip the two attachments. In the travian_moving.zip folder there should be a folder called travian_moving. Put that folder into the C: drive

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/yusefal95/untitled.jpg

After this is done go ahead and close the window. Open up the other folder titled 'com_us_uk_firefox_user.js.zip'. Inside that there should be a file called user.js. Now open up the C: drive or whatever letter it is and go on 'Documents and Settings'.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/yusefal95/untitled-1.jpg

Once you are in the Documents and Settings folder, you have to open your folder. In my case, mine would be 'your name'.(sorry I didn't want to say my name'

Ok now you need to add in an extra bit of text.

You should add the text in bold to your text.
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\application data
or
You could just double click application data.

Once you are there, you must go to the file named 'Mozilla'.

Then go into the file named 'Firefox'.
Go into 'profiles'
Then once you're there there should be a .default file. Place the user.js file into that folder.

AND THATS IT!

Restart Firefox and go into the graphics pack settings on travian.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/yusefal95/untitled-5.jpg

Click Activate and you're done!!!!!!!!

As I have quit travian, could mods/admins please update this thread if any changes were to be made to travian.

Thanks

cookyy2k7
24 Jun 2007, 10:50 PM
Briliant, I'll certainly be using it.

Grizly
24 Jun 2007, 10:52 PM
Wow, impressive work.
;)

redfev
24 Jun 2007, 11:13 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get the Original graphics back please? I boobooed and clicked the activate button instead of the test button and unfortunately it didn't work for me and now I have no graphics when I log in. I tried deleting the files and folders installed, but that didn't work.

rhu
24 Jun 2007, 11:24 PM
delete the path you entered and click the activate button.

Grizly
24 Jun 2007, 11:36 PM
who ever does something wrong, see this link for help:
http://help.travian.com/index.php?type=faq&mod=630

barcacl2006
25 Jun 2007, 07:10 AM
Again another thank you to Grizly for converting it. :)

redfev
25 Jun 2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks guys. All back to normal now.

barcacl2006
25 Jun 2007, 06:58 PM
Wow!Cool it got stickied :)

Stokie
03 Jul 2007, 11:08 AM
I still cant get mine to work! i dnt have the folders as shown in the tut, is everyone else on firefox 2 and windows xp?

Stokie
03 Jul 2007, 11:51 AM
Finally done it! all it needed was a bit of persistence and setting up lol thanks to all those involved in putting it all together

Rain
12 Jul 2007, 07:45 PM
Finally done it! all it needed was a bit of persistence and setting up lol thanks to all those involved in putting it all together

Yeah i have the same problem you were having, how did you fix it? I don't have application data in documents and settings, i think it's because i've got XP home, not pro.

Sovellius
12 Jul 2007, 10:20 PM
Rain,

You may need to turn on 'View Hidden Files and Folders' withing your folder options. The Application Data folder is a hidden folder.....Ya'll see the light now? :)

(Please don't take this as an insult to your geeky knowledge but 'I know you not from adam')

Sovellius

Rain
13 Jul 2007, 09:11 AM
Nope, that's not it. That was the first thing i tried ^^ There just is no application data in my documents and settings.
I'm pretty sure Stokie must have the same version of XP as me, as it sounds like he had the same issue.

Sovellius
13 Jul 2007, 09:43 PM
If you don't have it try creating it!

What's the worst that could happen!

Sovellius

Rain
14 Jul 2007, 09:57 AM
Well that doesn't work either, because it has to go in the firefox folder. I found that somewhere else, and copied the file into the bit its meant to go in, but it still didn't work. Nevermind, i'm buying a new copy of windows soon anyway, so i'll wait till then.

Grizly
14 Jul 2007, 12:37 PM
Rain, it has nothing to do with your Windows copy LOL.
Simply when you are in that folder as per FireFox instalation guide,add this line:
\application data
to the end of C:Documents and settings bla bla bla and hit Enter and it will bring up that folder where you need to copy your user file in.So simply is that.
Btw dont bother installing that new graphics pack relised by Travian as it doesnt work on any browser at the moment.They need to fix it themselves.As i dont have the source code i cant do anything but will give a try in evening and if i got something i will post here.

Rain
14 Jul 2007, 08:34 PM
No you don't understand, I don't even have an address bar to add /application data to!

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1714/helpdx5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Grizly
15 Jul 2007, 12:18 AM
Rain,
i think you didnt read the instalation properly !:confused:
Your immage shows me that you have opened My Documents.Instead you should go to:My Computer,Local Disk C and there you will find that proper folder,also bar will come up.Read properly dude.:twisted:

Shadow Pheniox
15 Jul 2007, 03:29 AM
try going to the folder options section in the control panell (click the show clasic vew at the controll panel to make it easyer to navagate) click on the second tab in folder options then select show hidden files and folders. then click apply

Taulphin
15 Jul 2007, 10:26 AM
http://www.bunker58.co.uk/appdata.jpg

The visual aid might help.

Rain
15 Jul 2007, 10:31 AM
Ok, you were right, i was being very stupid, BUT, it still doesn't work! Tell me what i've done wrong! :(

I put the user.JS in the correct folder:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6051/help2rh9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I then put the travian_moving folder in C:
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2157/help1wb0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Then I restarted firefox, and went on travian and put this in:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5089/help3rm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Am i still being really thick??

Taulphin
15 Jul 2007, 10:40 AM
Okay Rain this might help or not:

Next to the Firefox folder in the application data was there a folder simply called profiles?

If so hop into that folder and put the user.js in the default folder there and see if it does anything. Its a long shot really.

(I assume you are using the most recent version of Firefox?)

Rain
15 Jul 2007, 10:54 AM
I downloaded and installed the latest version of firefox, and did as you suggested, but no luck :(

Taulphin
15 Jul 2007, 10:56 AM
What about the original folder? Since you've now updated...

(tbh I didn't think the above would work, but it was worth a shot in case.)

Grizly
15 Jul 2007, 11:14 AM
Ohh Rain, now i understood.Sorry.
I thought you are trying to install the new graphics pack relised by travian but it came out that its main what you are playing arround with.

When travian relised his new pack,they changed the source code and announced following:
ALL PREVIOUS RELISED PACKS WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE APART OF THEY NEW PACK!!!

So sorry dude but even my pack doesnt work anymore as the source code has been changed.Apparently travians new pack doesnt work either as there is a problem in coding so at the moment there are no graphics packs for travian untill they fix the bugs.

Taulphin
15 Jul 2007, 11:21 AM
To be quite honest it had slipped my mind as well, :oops:

I assumed that it was a problem since the update?

Rain
15 Jul 2007, 11:26 AM
lol, well that's crap! :( Thanks for clearing it up though guys. Hopefully they will fix their new one soon and we can get that working.
I love computer games, but hate computers, sigh~~

Grizly
15 Jul 2007, 11:26 AM
yepp. the last update caused this.hopefully they will fix it.

funnyface
24 Jul 2007, 03:03 PM
the freakin pack isnt working!! for me it wont open it it corrupted

cookyy2k7
24 Jul 2007, 04:25 PM
Try re downloading it. If it is corrupted mostlikely it will be something to do with the download process.

SolomonKey
05 Aug 2007, 10:10 AM
Try re downloading it. If it is corrupted mostlikely it will be something to do with the download process.
I have done that a number of times, but the zip is faulty.

lHazardl
09 Aug 2007, 04:19 AM
Eurgh.
So from what i've read, does this mean no graphikpacks are working :confused:
due to travian :/

Shadow Pheniox
09 Aug 2007, 09:30 AM
yes. not just graphic packs but most of the fan made third party programs as well

kirky
02 Sep 2007, 02:36 AM
Hi.

Can.any1.tell.me.??WHAT.IS??.this.graphics.pak.and.how.can.i.get.my.hands.on.it??

Plz.do.tell

darsque
13 Oct 2007, 04:05 PM
I am getting corrupted zip message? I have tried redownloading several times and also cleared caches etc to be sure its not reusing old downloads.

Any help?

x-ray 367
29 Oct 2007, 09:38 PM
ok i am clueless how do i get travian moving

x-ray 367
29 Oct 2007, 09:43 PM
ok i found moving but it is currpot or invalid no matter how many times i re download it

LordoftheGoats
11 Dec 2007, 05:33 PM
it doesn't work. when i try unzipping it, it says that "there are no files to extract". when i try just looking inside it, it says "Cannot access data. File is most likely corrupted or damaged".

:confused:

elite arrow
12 Dec 2007, 03:27 AM
The first extracting file wont work the moving one :mad::mad::mad:

kendrone
23 Dec 2007, 07:50 PM
I agree it is corrupted which means, if we all are getting this now, the travian forums storage has been corrupted. Must be the job of a politician.
But seriously, it needs re-uploading.

soup-killer
12 Jan 2008, 12:54 PM
whats the advantiges of using the grapick pack?

kendrone
12 Jan 2008, 08:36 PM
Faster page loading of graphics, customisable, really funny when you make your villages look like cats, friends like bunnies and enemies like a smouldering heap of ash on the map!

playthegame
19 Jan 2008, 08:21 AM
How would yo do this with vista?

any help gratefully received :-)

othellotech
19 Jan 2008, 02:12 PM
How would yo do this with vista?

It's easy ... you read the entire thread which will inform you that ...
a) the graphics pack is corrupt so cant be used
and
b) that it doesnt work anyway due to changes @ travian

:rolleyes:

That aside, it would be the same install method.

zaper12321
30 Jan 2008, 10:45 PM
i need a zip thing does any1 know a free unzipper?

Mr ED209
03 Feb 2008, 10:29 PM
So... any ideas for Safari on a Mac? :)

mrfitzherbert
05 Feb 2008, 06:31 PM
As others have said, zip file is corrupted.

tlo11
07 Feb 2008, 08:59 PM
As others have said, zip file is corrupted.

Change the extension from .zip to .html and then open it with Internet Explorer or Firefox :)

But I don't think that Graphic Pack works anymore. So download this one instead http://www.2shared.com/file/2816330/61443795/travian_moving.html

Also for Vista users, copy user.js here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOMNUMBER.default\
and here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOMNUMBER.default\

frozen flames
09 Mar 2008, 01:57 PM
this is all very confusing oh well to the bungee jumping cliff with some pliers!

Sidewinder
29 Mar 2008, 01:26 PM
Anyone any ideas if this is possible in Firefox Portable? (The one from portableapps.com) as this is what I mainly use.

EDIT: Don't worry, worked it out.

Noush
20 Apr 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi don't know if anyone can help but am trying to do this and when I click on the first attachment I get a message popping up telling me the file is invalid or corrupted - am I doing something wrong?

Sir Cyan
29 Apr 2008, 04:02 PM
That aside, it would be the same install method.Nope.

Vista installs files into different places for Firefox, had it working easily in XP but on Vista I can't for the life of me work out where Vista's put the directory I need to find.

If anyone has actually gotten a Travian graphics pack to work under FireFox with Vista please post how they did it.

Touched
30 Apr 2008, 06:22 AM
have you tried going on search in start then "firefox"??? worked for me :p

Sir Cyan
01 May 2008, 04:26 AM
So have you gotten a graphics pack to work with FireFox & Vista?

Sidewinder
01 May 2008, 05:26 PM
So have you gotten a graphics pack to work with FireFox & Vista?

Yes, go:

[Disk]:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[Something.default]\

That's where it goes :)

Saffy
01 May 2008, 05:42 PM
i am on firefox 2 and also i am using vista (oh yay) so it dont work any one have any ideas for vista?

Sidewinder
01 May 2008, 05:42 PM
i am on firefox 2 and also i am using vista (oh yay) so it dont work any one have any ideas for vista?

Have you put it where I just said?

Saffy
01 May 2008, 05:44 PM
yes, i have i am not 5 i have and it doesnt work as it has different programming!

Sidewinder
01 May 2008, 05:49 PM
Have you restarted firefox since you put it there?

Saffy
01 May 2008, 05:51 PM
yep i did every thing i could as i am good with comps but not good to fix this

Pure Steel
15 May 2008, 08:12 PM
This may seem a stupid question, but where do you get the travian_moving file?:confused:

Sidewinder
17 May 2008, 11:16 PM
This may seem a stupid question, but where do you get the travian_moving file?:confused:

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13129

Sir Jack
06 Jun 2008, 07:45 PM
Lol, you need to have winzip to use it

Sidewinder
06 Jun 2008, 07:49 PM
Lol, you need to have winzip to use it

Not if you have XP - it can unzip .zip files natively as can vista. in fact, every recent OS I've used has that built in...

froosy
24 Jul 2008, 02:16 PM
Thanksssss

barcacl2006
09 Aug 2008, 05:06 PM
Wow :s

I had no idea this thread got so popular ^^

I just googled my name and found this :P

Can I say a thanks to the mod/admin that stickied this thread and...I hope its helped you all ;)

hunter9x
09 Aug 2008, 07:58 PM
the method for installing the graphics packages for Firefox IS identical to the Flock method (flock being a new mozilla based web-browser with uses the same base code as Firefox)

Jims
10 Aug 2008, 12:25 PM
i suppose its different if your on a MAC?

miri
19 Aug 2008, 07:25 PM
I have been reading this thread and I think I must be having either a blond hair day or a senior moment!!! I have absolutely no idea what the h#ll I should do to download the pack on my computer. I have the latest version of Firefox and Windows XP.

VelvetThighs
20 Aug 2008, 09:54 AM
I have been reading this thread and I think I must be having either a blond hair day or a senior moment!!! I have absolutely no idea what the h#ll I should do to download the pack on my computer. I have the latest version of Firefox and Windows XP.

just find the file, dowlond it and extract it :)

then follow the instructions :)

king of travian
21 Aug 2008, 04:38 PM
woooooow thanks man !!!

Yanoplathizo
19 Oct 2008, 08:56 AM
my winrar shows folders as corrupt???:confused:

Sidewinder
19 Oct 2008, 04:39 PM
Get 7-Zip then :P

Or just use the built in windows extraction tool. I've got them and they're fine.

Kendog
25 Oct 2008, 02:52 PM
Says they are corrupt for me also :P

Sidewinder
26 Oct 2008, 12:46 PM
See what you mean now. The user.js bit still works but not the actual graphics pack.

Try this one :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jxstmj5zkwc

Klis
27 Oct 2008, 06:43 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread for this question, so hopefully someone here can answer it for me :)

If I use a graphic pack and ask someone to sit for me... Will they see the new configured look or the normal travian style?

Sidewinder
27 Oct 2008, 07:23 PM
The normal style I believe - if it was the graphics pack any locally installed graphics packs would have to be in the same place on their computer as they are on yours.

Riot
05 Nov 2008, 03:18 AM
When I download the thing, it only extracts one file.....

I don't get the travian_moving thing or whatever.

Help me out?

Riot
05 Nov 2008, 03:21 AM
Huh....
It worked anyways. That's messed up. All I did was download, press extract, then press activate on the SKIN website, and it worked. Wtf? Cool....this winter thing is dirty...

suregai
02 Jun 2009, 12:08 PM
exists a mod that shows the members connected in you last 24 hours for last version of phpbb3???