Curtisfootball
24 Mar 2009, 07:34 PM
How to get a Second Village

Contents:
Residence and Palace
Settlers
Found a New Village

1. Residence and Palace

Before you can found your Village and get Settlers you will need to build a Residence or Palace. The requirements for a residence is 'Main Building Level 5' but if you are getting a Palace you will need an 'Embassy' aswell. Choose wisely about the building you want. Residence costs less but a village with a Palace in is your capital. When you want to build your Residence or Palace, go to an empty square in your village, and build your residence or palace. A residence costs 580| 460| 350| 180, while a Palace costs 550| 800| 750| 250. You need it to be level 10 so you can get your Settlers...

2. Settlers

Settlers are the things you need to found a village, they cost quite alot to buy them but it will be worth it. Go to your Level 10 Residence or Palace, it will tell you how many resources you will need to buy one. Buy them in seperate times or build them all at the same time, its your desision. Buy three settlers but make sure you have 3 because there might be a glitch which makes your settlers disappear. When you have 3 it will be time for founding a new village.

3. Found a New Village

Go to the map, look around the map for places that are not already a village and are not oasis's. A 9 or 15 cropper is recommended(a place with 9 or 15 wheat fields). When you have found the place you want to build your new village click the button that says 'Found New Village'. You will need 750 of each resources for this, that will be the resources that will be put in the new village.

Remember:
1. You need 3 settlers to get a new village
2. You need another 750 of each resources to get a new village
3. A 9 or 15 wheat field place is a good place for a new village
4. You need enough culture points for a new village

by Curtisfootball

dragon5
24 Mar 2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe you could put the difference between a palace and a residence but otherwise very good.

Curtisfootball
24 Mar 2009, 07:54 PM
Maybe you could put the difference between a palace and a residence but otherwise very good.

kk, this is my first one

phil bmxer
24 Mar 2009, 08:05 PM
Pictures would be cool as well.

Residence, palace,

settlers,

and maybe like 2 villages next to each other highlighted on a map.

otherwise not bad for a first one.

MintyFreshDeath
24 Mar 2009, 08:12 PM
I tried making a FAQ about getting a second village but failed misserably :P So nice one to you xD

Jordan-Caso
24 Mar 2009, 08:19 PM
Leo r never got himselfs a 2nd village

Avi
24 Mar 2009, 10:51 PM
Hey Curtis, good start on the guide :). This is one of the most commonly asked questions from players, in fact quite a few don't even realize they can have moer than one village. If you've got the time, you may be able to incorporate Settling & Conquering into one thread called "Getting Your 2nd Village".

It's important to remember you are probably aiming the guide toward a total newbie. As the more experienced players know how to settle in their sleep. I helped someone out with a 2nd village a while back in Questions section. Have a read through, see if there's anything you've missed.

Keep up the good work!

Original Post can be found [HERE] (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?p=645646#post645646)

I think a second village is very important when you're starting out. Many things to factor in, especially if you're new. For example, you need to consider your surrounding area, and maybe answer the following questions:

a) Are you getting farmed?
This may be a good idea to base your 2nd village far away from a persistant attacker. Players who get farmed continually at the beginning of the game usually end up deleting as they can't play properly whilst dealing with the hassle.
If you're not getting farmed, or if you are the farmer yourself, you might look to expand within your first village 7x7 because you know the resource incoming will help you grow quicker. Alternatively, if you settle your 2nd village further away, you will now have 2 farming areas which may overlap or increase res bounty twofold.

b) Are you playing economy or military?
If you're looking to go economy, i.e.. spend resources on buildings and infrastructure to get your population up , a 4446 will help increase your output and supply and move on to a 3rd village very quickly. Wheat fields on the other hand only give you 0 population and the resource is counter produced, so croppers do not help if you are going down the economy route.
Note - even players who end up building very large armies may go for supply first, to enable them to feed their capital and begin queueing 24/7 early on.

If you are looking to go military, a cropper (333/9 or 111/15) would be the better option. This allows you to get multiple raiding armies going, and not worry about too much negative early on. Wheat is often something that baffles most first timers when they build into minus.
Note - the croppers rely on your troops to bring in the resources to build them up. So don't get one of these if you're not a regular farmer. Although the 9c will provide some output, it's fairly minimal and will still make it difficult to grow fast without the help of farming.
Note2 - Bear in mind if you are going for a cropper, there will be other players out there very willing to contest it and take it off you. As a new player, you have to be ready to defend it and fight for it. Are you prepared for this?

c) What are your plans for the server?
If you're a player looking to build a huge army to be aimed at a WW during end game, you might cater your 2nd village to a 15c with 150% oasis bonus. This percentage is applied to your village's output and increases the numbers of resources produced. Croppers are particularly hard to get hold of during the middle of the server as most are already taken and you have to rely on conquering or destroying them in order to settle. So you may choose to go for this first to secure a good capital.

Also, check your surrounding areas. Don't stop at your 2nd village, where will your 3rd be? If you are still happy to farm and focus on military, you might want a 3rd cropper. If you search at the beginning, you can find croppers next door to one another in the same 7x7, or an area far from your 2nd village which is particularly wheat populated (oases).

d) Where are your alliance based?
As a new player, you'll be very dependent on your first alliance. Which quadrant are they based in? Do they have their own powerbase? You may choose to move nearer to your fellow members to provide better protection and enable you to work together. Some alliances build a powerbase so you can help each other get started and build up your villages quicker, this is a great first step when you're facing a server of experienced players, and gives you some guaranteed safety.

You may notice on your alliance overview that you're at the opposite end of the map. You might choose to change alliances, or find one which is surrounding you so you don't have to move. Then depending on your local players, divide up the croppers and make a deal about who gets which one. There's nothing worse than getting your 2nd village destroyed after building toward it for a few weeks.

OPT
25 Mar 2009, 05:00 AM
Nice guide, but as Phil put it a couple pictures might help a bit.
Other than that nice guide as usual^^

:)

xibachao
18 May 2009, 09:00 AM
I train one settlers.Then I train second and third one.However my village is attacked when i finish only one.Settlers will die ,won't they?Are the settlers killed as same as other troops?

Wrighty116
18 May 2009, 09:10 AM
I train one settlers.Then I train second and third one.However my village is attacked when i finish only one.Settlers will die ,won't they?Are the settlers killed as same as other troops?

Yes, settlers have very weak defence and will die like any other troop would...

Wickerman
17 Jun 2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, settlers have very weak defence and will die like any other troop would...

settlers are one of the most defensive troops in the game ^^

Pretox
16 Aug 2009, 07:27 AM
just wondering can you clear a village and then raid it with a settler seen as the settler can carry 3000 resources?

G3rMaN
16 Aug 2009, 11:10 AM
just wondering can you clear a village and then raid it with a settler seen as the settler can carry 3000 resources?

Yeah you can, many guys do that, its possible and helpful.

charlie2009
22 Aug 2009, 08:49 AM
quick question
how do you rename your new village?

IC510
22 Aug 2009, 09:57 AM
quick question
how do you rename your new village?

Select your village you want to rename in the 'Villages' list.

Go to your profile overview.

Go to the section named 'Profile'.

You can change your village name there. :)