PDA

View Full Version : Guide to the Trapper building

Ze Jones
29 Mar 2009, 02:11 PM
The Trapper

http://www.ebav.co.uk/travian/images/buildings/fallensteller.gif

This guide will help you understand the Trapper, which is only for gauls. Every tribe has a certain which mainly helps you out during the first few days out of beginners’ protection, with the gallic advantage of having a trapper.

The trapper can be levelled up to level 20, which can build a maximum of 400 traps. Each single trap can hold a single troop, for an example if you were attacked by 10 mace men and you had a level 1 trapper with 10 traps all 10 mace men would be trapped. If the attacker sends 20 mace men attack and you have 10 traps only 10 mace men would be captured. The other 10 would get through and into the village.

After your attackers 10 mace men have passed through and survived they would release the other 10 that are trapped.

With trapped troops you do not have to feed them, which mean's it does not affect your wheat consumption and production, though you have the option to release them, unfortunately; you can not kill them while they are in your traps. To release you must go to your Rally point witch is/can be built on the right in the centre of your village, you then find the troops and have the option to click Release. This will let them go back to the owner of the troops.

http://blackhalt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/rally-point.gif

Strategy

A strategy used by more experienced player is to counter attack the trapped troops. Here is a basic guide on what some players might do:

1.Attacker will send troops to attack you
2.You capture the troops
3.You wait until attacker sends another attack
4.Release the trapped troops and have some thing fast like TTs arrive 1 second after the trapped troops get back to the village; this way your TTs will kill the troops almost as soon as they get back home. You then hopefully capture the other troops on way to attack you and can repeat this, until the attacker realises what you are doing.

TT = Theutates Thunder
http://help.travian.com/img/troops/u24.gif

Building Infomation:

Prerequisites:
Rally Point level 1

Each trap costs: 20|30|10|20 0

Troops can not be freed with a raid. If the troops are freed by a successful attack, 33% of the traps are repaired for free. If the owner of the traps lets the trapped units free, 100% of the traps are repaired for free and become available for use shortly afterward.

Trapper level : Amount of Traps able to build

Level 1 = 10 traps
Level 2 = 22 traps
Level 3 = 35 traps
Level 4 = 49 traps
Level 5 = 64 traps
Level 6 = 80 traps
Level 7 = 97 traps
Level 8 = 115 traps
Level 9 = 134 traps
Level 10 = 154 traps
Level 11 = 175 traps
Level 12 = 196 traps
Level 13 = 218 traps
Level 14 = 241 traps
Level 15 = 265 traps
Level 16 = 290 traps
Level 17 = 316 traps
Level 18 = 343 traps
Level 19 = 371 traps
Level 20 = 400 traps

[Credit to Avi for researching this (Thank you!)]

Quite often Players will message you to ask for their troops to be released. Try and make offers with
them, like ask for them not to attack you again (unless you want defence points) or ask for defence or . Trapping 10 mace men later on in the game, when the server has been running for around a week then the attacker will most probably not notice, early on in the game when players only have 20 to 30 troops, this is when you should try and negotiate.

Some players consider the trapper a bit of a worthless building, I would only recommend building one in your first village though, and only build traps when you can afford to pay out for the traps, after a week or so there isn't much point upgrading or building more trap's as the armies will start to overcome this, which is where you should look for a bit of defence ;)

After all the trappers uses for defending your village; it can also be used to help yourself and other players. Many people use traps to store certain types of troops. These troops are often Settlers and Cheiftans/Cheifs/Senators. This is because traps are the safest place in Travian as they can not be touched by other players troops. The reason they are stored here is that you would not want to loose expensive troops that haven taken many resources and a lot of time to produce.

You can find my Gaul Defensive guide here http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38056

Hope this help's...

Ze Jones

Tullia
29 Mar 2009, 02:28 PM
OMG apostrophe overload.

If you PM me the text I will correct grammatical and spelling errors for you so you can edit your post.

NOTE: I am happy to do this for anyone posting a guide before they post to make them more legible.

Ze Jones
29 Mar 2009, 02:30 PM
OMG apostrophe overload.

If you PM me the text I will correct grammatical and spelling errors for you so you can edit your post.

NOTE: I am happy to do this for anyone posting a guide before they post to make them more legible.

Thanks ok, ill run through it, sorry

Tullia
29 Mar 2009, 03:38 PM
certain ‘special’ witch mainly helps you out during the first few days out of beginners’ protection, with the gauls advantage of having a trapper.

special shouldn't really be used nominally; it would be easier to add in, or simply substitute, an actual noun e.g. advantage. Also, there would then be no need for inverted commas.
witch should be which
gauls should be Gaul's or, better, Gallic
with the gauls advantage of having a trapper = poor phrasing; better and clearer would be something like "with the Gallic advantage being the trapper."

The trapper can be levelled up to level 20, what can build a maximum of 200 traps.

what should be which

Each single trap can hold one single troop, for an example if you were attacked by 10 mace men and you had a level 1 trapper with 10 traps all 10 mace men would be trapped.

one single is tautological, use one or single, not both.
an is redundant in this phrase

But if the attacker sends 20 mace men and you have 10 traps only 10 mace men would be captured. The other 10 would get through and into the village.

Please try to avoid starting sentances with "but".

After your attackers 10 mace men have passed through and survived they would release the other 10 on the way out.

Please clarify difference between RAID and ATTACK; the above is not 100% accurate.

With trapped troops you do not have to feed them, but you have the option to release them, unfortunately you can not kill them while they are in your traps.

Should be broken into two sentences not one, or linked properly. Suggest break point would be before "unfortunately".

Might be worth clarifying who does feed them; this guide will be read by people whose troops are trapped as well as Gallic Players.

To release you must go to your Rally point witch is/can be built on the right in the centre of your village, you then find the troops and have the option to click Release. This will let them go back to the owner of the troops.

witch should be which again.
Release should be in inverted commas or quotation marks really.
Rally point should have both words capitalised.

A screenshot of an actual RP, or better yet, the inside of a RP with trapped troops would probably be more useful than a shot of where it can be built, especially as they have to have built it already in order to have built a trapper to trap the troops with. Ideally you should highlight the location of the "Release" option.

A strategy used by more experienced player is to counter attack the trapped troops, Here is a basic step by step on what you can do:

You have used a comma instead of a full stop.
Again, I would suggest that "step by step" is not really a noun and you might want to add one.

4.Release the trapped troops and have some thing Fast like TTs arrive 1 second after the trapped troops get back to the village, this way your TTs will kill the troops almost as soon as they get back home, you then hopefully capture the other troops on the way and can repeat this, until the attacker wakes up.

Fast does not need a capital letter.
A semi colon might be more appropriate than a comma between village and this.
A new sentence might be better after "home".

I also think you really need to clarify this procedure in better detail.

Quite often Players will message you to ask for their troops to be release, try and make offers with them like ask for them not to attack you again (unless you want defence points) or ask for defence or even some resources to repair your traps, if you only have 10 mace men trapped you may as well release them anyway, as these are probably nothing to the player attacking you.

release should be released, and you should end that sentance there and begin a new one with "try".
You need a sentence break between "traps" and "if".

I would also say that it very much depends on the player size and length of time the server has been running as to whether or not ten macemen is "nothing".

Some players consider the trapper abit of a worthless building, I would only recommend building one in your first village though, and only build traps when you can afford to pay out for the traps, after a week or so there isn't much point upgrading or building more trap's as the armies will start to over come this, witch is where you should look for a bit of defence ;)

Again, you need to consider breaking into actual sentences.
A bit is two words not one
Traps in this context does not need an apostrophe.
Overcome is one word not two.
Again, it is which not witch.

I would recommend defence a lot sooner than a week or so in.

Hope this help's...

Helps does not need an apostrophe here.

Overall for a first attempt, it's not bad, but very very basic, and not 100% accurate.

The bad layout and spelling makes it harder to read.

Some of the pictures are not overly professional-looking; people have volunteered to help with images; if you took them up on it it would make your guide look much more appealing.

In terms of content, your ordering of material is a little odd, I would follow the process through more chronologically; first build a trapper *then* release the troops.

You haven't really approached the Trapper from the point of view of a non-Gaula ttacking it, so you are missing a fair bit out.

I would say it was a good starting point but you should collaborate with a more experienced player or writer (or both) to improve it.

horse
29 Mar 2009, 04:29 PM
Part of me earnestly wishes the mods would just edit typos regardless of permission. I do it if I'm quoting someone ;)

I didn't see it mentioned, but no Gaul strategy guide is complete without mentioning the trappers real use as catapult/settler/senator storage.

Tullia
29 Mar 2009, 04:38 PM
Part of me earnestly wishes the mods would just edit typos regardless of permission. I do it if I'm quoting someone ;)

I didn't see it mentioned, but no Gaul strategy guide is complete without mentioning the trappers real use as catapult/settler/senator storage.

I am considering asking Laika for permission to mod this section for that very reason :oops:

And good point :)

Ze Jones
29 Mar 2009, 04:43 PM

Oooo thanks, didn't think of that :)

gazer
09 May 2009, 04:18 PM
Level 1-----10 Traps
Level 2-----20 Traps
Level 3-----30 Traps
Level 4-----40 Traps
Level 5-----50 Traps
Level 6-----60 Traps
Level 7-----70 Traps
Level 8-----80 Traps
Level 9-----90 Traps
Level 10----100 Traps
Level 11----110 Traps
Level 12----120 Traps
Level 13----130 Traps
Level 14----140 Traps
Level 15----150 Traps
Level 16----160 Traps
Level 17----170 Traps
Level 18----180 Traps
Level 19----190 Traps
Level 20----200 Traps

this is out of date with the new 3.5 update

Ze Jones
09 May 2009, 06:19 PM

Yeah sorry :( forgot about this, ill update As soon as possible.

El Wanderer
09 May 2009, 07:46 PM
I see the numbers have been updated, but are still wrong. It's not 20 traps per level, but you get progressively more with each upgrade.

For example, a level 15 trapper lets you build 265 traps.

Tacticus
10 May 2009, 01:53 AM
I see the numbers have been updated, but are still wrong. It's not 20 traps per level, but you get progressively more with each upgrade.

For example, a level 15 trapper lets you build 265 traps.

i was under the impression it went up by 20 every time now

Ze Jones
10 May 2009, 09:12 AM
i was under the impression it went up by 20 every time now

Sorry, still going through it, i've been busy in rl, i will delete that part for now untill i get time to write it back up.

NooNoo
10 May 2009, 10:13 AM
Thank you Ze for posting this guide, regardless of grammatical imperfections.
It was a good thing you've done there and was informative as, playing as a gaul myself, I hadn't realised the depth of details which go into the traps and trappers.
Thanks again for taking the time to post it.

Severus
10 May 2009, 12:04 PM
Yes indeed. I think I will start a Gallic village in the not too distant future as I fancy trying out a defensive game. Your advice on trapping has been invaluable.

Ze Jones
10 May 2009, 12:20 PM
Yes indeed. I think I will start a Gallic village in the not too distant future as I fancy trying out a defensive game. Your advice on trapping has been invaluable.

Try this then http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38056

Avi
11 Jun 2009, 09:50 AM

Yeah sorry :( forgot about this, ill update As soon as possible.

Sorry, still going through it, i've been busy in rl, i will delete that part for now untill i get time to write it back up.
Did you get the chance to find the new numbers Ze Jones? I've done a bit of searching for you, so if you log on you can add them^^

Level 1 = 10 traps
Level 2 = 22 traps
Level 3 = 35 traps
Level 4 = 49 traps
Level 5 = 64 traps
Level 6 = 80 traps
Level 7 = 97 traps
Level 8 = 115 traps
Level 9 = 134 traps
Level 10 = 154 traps
Level 11 = 175 traps
Level 12 = 196 traps
Level 13 = 218 traps
Level 14 = 241 traps
Level 15 = 265 traps
Level 16 = 290 traps
Level 17 = 316 traps
Level 18 = 343 traps
Level 19 = 371 traps
Level 20 = 400 traps

P.s.. I am sure the % repaired has also changed with the new T3.5, a few of my players have complained their traps no longer get automatically repaired since the server upgrade.

Ze Jones
16 Jun 2009, 08:21 PM
Thank you VERY much Avi!

Things have calmed down now in real life, should be able to be more active on forums now to.

orionstarr
17 Jun 2009, 03:38 AM
I rent my traps out as storage space for valuable troops. also traps are 100% repaired for free if you release your attackers troops. (T3.5)

Ze Jones
24 Jun 2009, 03:49 PM
I rent my traps out as storage space for valuable troops. also traps are 100% repaired for free if you release your attackers troops. (T3.5)

Ok thank you :)

Wickerman
28 Jun 2009, 08:22 PM
Might be worth mentioning who can free troops as well

ie, only the troops owners and member of their alliance (CP's not included right ?)

:)

St4rm4n
15 Jul 2009, 12:48 PM
lol you have too much spare time on your hands!! :)