PDA

View Full Version : [All Versions]New very good map for travian (thread includes highres images)

piranha
10 May 2009, 11:10 AM
Hi

I've created a very good map for travian. It displays all cities on the server simultaniously and you can zoom/pan free. Create battle plans and share with your allies.

Here is a link: http://www.travianbt.com/map_out.php

and here are some images from US1 server:

http://www.travianbt.com/mapimg/travianmap1.jpg

http://www.travianbt.com/mapimg/travianmap2.jpg

custurd tart
10 May 2009, 11:33 AM
what are all the colours about??:confused:

Wrighty116
10 May 2009, 11:34 AM
It looks very complicated. That must of taken ages!

luckies
10 May 2009, 11:39 AM
Nice one :)

what are all the colours about??:confused:

They are different alliances, or groups of alliances

Invisible Muffin Dude
10 May 2009, 11:53 AM
Hate to rain on your parade, but I found a better one:
http://speed.travian.co.uk/karte.php

buuuuuttt... that bottom image looks like a script.

luckies
10 May 2009, 12:00 PM
buuuuuttt... that bottom image looks like a script.

The website seems to look like a Troop Tool, so i assume it isn't a script, but works with the details in the troop tool.. :)

horse
10 May 2009, 12:43 PM
I've created a very good map for travian

:eek: :eek: :eek:

darn, that is absolutely and utterly fantastic :love:
that is exactly what I was hoping somebody would make for Travian

a proper zoomed out scrollable map and being able to synchronise attack times from multiple villages over an entire alliance.
OK I don't play any more, but I'm happy that people now don't have to faff with Excel to do the same thing. This looks like the best tool ever made for Travian.
Golly, it makes Travian's little in game map look totally stupid :)

Looking at the front page I think you also have the other thing I wanted, a defence organiser

Thanks for sharing your work,
I'm seriously impressed :love:

:)

Bloodmoon
10 May 2009, 01:20 PM
It looks wonderful, is it allowed??

cadet
10 May 2009, 01:46 PM
found a porblem. I just founded a new village, say, an hour ago. Its not on that map.

horse
10 May 2009, 01:59 PM
found a problem. I just founded a new village, say, an hour ago. Its not on that map.
this isn't real time lol, usually these tools update every 24hrs

for all those saying it's a script, or wondering if it's allowed - it is taking published data from Travian and analysing that in a clever way, you can do that exact same thing yourself in Excel if you know how.
So it's OK
:)

jacklale234
10 May 2009, 02:34 PM
Do you hink you could somehow put the tornament square effects into it?

Stink
11 May 2009, 05:44 PM
Poll, Poll, Poll, Poll, Poll, Poll, Poll, Poll.

taylol
12 May 2009, 09:45 PM
brilliant work, this will be useful :)

Black Dove
13 May 2009, 01:04 AM
it s complicated

badbrain
13 May 2009, 03:32 AM
the map is great...but are the other functions.fake/attack etc allowed in the rules? can a mod answer this please

mikey606
13 May 2009, 03:47 AM
www.travianbt.com looks like he took the O out of it xD:rolleyes:

Looks like a script with the attack/fake thingys :D

horse
13 May 2009, 07:49 AM
post deleted

was maybe a little rash :)

piranha
13 May 2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Yes if you are logged in and set your tournament square level (on account page) it will take that into consideration when you create plans.

There are no bot features. The fake thing/attack is so you can create a plan, save it, send the URL to a friend and he can open the map with your plan loaded. Its a teamwork feature.
Most attacks in travian involve fakes so its just there in case you want to design fakes attack and real attacks.
But you will have to send all the attacks and fakes in travian manually. But you can set all times in the map and then have the plan in text which makes it easier if you gonna send timed capture attacks for example.

The map is a bit complicated at first, but once you understand it its pretty simple.

Some of the features listed on the front of the travianbt page are not active right now. I have to go back and remake some of them as there were problems in some browsers.

/piranha

mikey606
13 May 2009, 09:19 AM
not it's not, I did the same thing with Excel as I posted earlier,
stop trying to discredit his hard work :(

Horse i was not putting s/he's work down it was just looked like a few scripts i have seen^^

No offence it looks brill.

phil bmxer
14 May 2009, 02:37 PM
I have had a look at it, its not scripted, its just a combination of the normal travian travel calculator and a simple java map.

it just times everything for you and you still have to send it off on that second.

looks alright but could do with like a zoom and rotate feature if it doesnt already

EDIT: i found out you can zoom :)

guywho
14 May 2009, 07:59 PM
can we have a clearer scale/ coordinate thing on the map please? its really hard to see where you are when you are zoomed in on the map.

Also 'England S1, S2 Speed' should really be called 'UK S1, S2, Speed' as there are the UK servers, not just for England.

MISGUIDED
23 May 2009, 01:06 PM
do we have to pay for this feature :confused:

kingofthemad
31 Aug 2009, 11:31 AM
wow, I just had A look at that and its wicked!!!