PDA

View Full Version : [Classic]Travian 3.5 Customisable Graphics Pack

aphorist
02 Jun 2009, 08:36 PM
So, it's been nearly a month since the role out of travian 3.5. Is there any news on the release of the promised customiseable graphics pack capability?

(I'm probably one of a few who actually want it for performance reasons, although I'm not one to complain about good looks.)

mrpanky
02 Jun 2009, 08:44 PM
So, it's been nearly a month since the role out of travian 3.5. Is there any news on the release of the promised customiseable graphics pack capability?

(I'm probably one of a few who actually want it for performance reasons, although I'm not one to complain about good looks.)

havent heard of anything yet, still being worked on i think,

aphorist
02 Jun 2009, 09:18 PM
Maybe it would help if we ask the question in German?

Wann wird die Travian 3.5 anpassbare Grafik Packung wird zur Verfügung stehen.

General Raptor
02 Jun 2009, 09:44 PM
What are these customisable graphics packs? I haven't ever downloaded one.

aphorist
02 Jun 2009, 09:58 PM
What they are?...

From your profile you will notice a graphics pack option (greyed out in t3.5, I'm afraid, hence the question above).

Using this option you can have your browser reference a set of (custom or default) graphics for travian located on your local drive.

Some of those for pre T3.5 are viewable here.

http://www.travianskins.com/

The question is, when is this gonna be available again for T3.5?

iverbiggen
02 Jun 2009, 10:21 PM
i dont know but due to my rubbish computer, all i get on my screen now is..well a blank screen. Im waiting for them to bring out the old graphics or something so i can start playing again. :(

aphorist
02 Jun 2009, 10:31 PM
Blimey, your PC must be older than mine (1998 400MHz). Btw, have you tried firefox, it seems to work better for me, but thats another thread http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41211.

F1kus
02 Jun 2009, 11:50 PM
i dont know but due to my rubbish computer, all i get on my screen now is..well a blank screen. Im waiting for them to bring out the old graphics or something so i can start playing again. :(

ROFL, I feel for you mate!

White Lion
25 Jun 2009, 11:54 PM
I miss grafic packs :(
but this new custom pack that the Travian team are reported to be working on sounds great,
any 1 have any idea when they are planning on finishing this magical little project:confused:

Stink
26 Jun 2009, 05:02 AM
I don't know actually.

chav!
28 Jun 2009, 08:18 AM
Sometimes I find some of the graphic packs annoying as there is too much movement or same colours but some are really good.

Chineesedogs
28 Jun 2009, 08:23 AM
You cant have them anymore :(

chav!
28 Jun 2009, 08:28 AM
Hopefully the one they are making is really good.
:yes:

Chineesedogs
28 Jun 2009, 08:32 AM
Who says there making one?

hamster 501
03 Jul 2009, 01:34 PM
it says on grafic pacs

DragonFyre
03 Jul 2009, 02:44 PM
The one they are making will be the same as how it looks now, the idea is that people then download it and edit the different images to make the graphics packs.

elmoga
03 Jul 2009, 03:47 PM
when will the grafic packs avtually come back?

chav!
03 Jul 2009, 03:53 PM
Yea, how long till it comes out, been a long time.

Daniel Reed
28 Jul 2009, 07:00 PM
Laikia please find out for us :laika:

DanielJ97
31 Jul 2009, 02:03 PM
Laikia please find out for us :laika:

He doesn't know either. Only the techs can say. :tullia:

HarLi
14 Aug 2009, 12:12 PM
Slap me for bumping an old thread mods but I feel this could go here.

Just refreshed my village and saw this...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1368/rallypointq.png

Now if it is a test, something for that was loaded on purpose I don't know, as of yet it has not gone back to the previous one.

Edit: OK it has now appeared on the other server too.

IC510
14 Aug 2009, 12:25 PM
Slap me for bumping an old thread mods but I feel this could go here.

Just refreshed my village and saw this...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1368/rallypointq.png

Now if it is a test, something for that was loaded on purpose I don't know, as of yet it has not gone back to the previous one.

Edit: OK it has now appeared on the other server too.

I've got that Rally Point too, I hope it means Graphic Packs are almost ready to return. ;)

Daniel Reed
17 Sep 2009, 06:24 PM
As you may have noticed the 'Graphic Packs' option has been greyed out since T3.5 upgrade. No more, it is green now. I can see something coming

NosajDraw
18 Sep 2009, 03:15 PM
As you may have noticed the 'Graphic Packs' option has been greyed out since T3.5 upgrade. No more, it is green now. I can see something comingExcept it's green and leads to text that effetively says "Nothing to see here (yet), move along now."

Turpinator
19 Sep 2009, 06:51 PM
As you may have noticed the 'Graphic Packs' option has been greyed out since T3.5 upgrade. No more, it is green now. I can see something coming

Except it's green and leads to text that effetively says "Nothing to see here (yet), move along now."

L.OL ........ Well said :D:D:D

Crannys
19 Sep 2009, 07:12 PM
It says on my S5 account
Current grafic packs will not work with the new features and surface of this new Travian version.
We are working on the improvement of the CSS for the next few weeks. The use of grafic packs is deactivated therefore.

There is no need to worry. We will not dispose them. Quite the contrary!
As soon as we finished our work on it, you will be able to create new grafic packs with plenty of additional possibilities.

We suggest that you should not start to create own new grafic packs till we are finished with our work. We will create and release a new master grafic pack once we are done with our work.

Daniel Reed
28 Sep 2009, 06:35 PM
Join the club

Turpinator
29 Sep 2009, 04:02 PM
Thats nice.

Daniel Reed
03 Oct 2009, 06:58 PM
Thats nice.

:D Its been Nearly half a year since the dual, It wasn't my choice we were top 20 and my dual said you weren't top 10 material. You have been bugging me on s4 so much that my Sitter had to report you to the multi. Please get over it, I don't even play in the dual anymore!!!:(

septimus ii
10 Oct 2009, 11:18 AM
I seem to remember that one of the big improvements of T3.5 was the increased graphics pack capability. At the time I didn't realise that they would be disposing of graphics packs entirely!

DragonFyre
10 Oct 2009, 07:37 PM
I seem to remember that one of the big improvements of T3.5 was the increased graphics pack capability. At the time I didn't realise that they would be disposing of graphics packs entirely!

They're not :rolleyes:

Tullia
10 Oct 2009, 07:47 PM
Indeed, I think we'll be getting them soon, they have started rolling them out now on various domains so hopefully it won't be too long til they get to us.

septimus ii
10 Oct 2009, 09:56 PM
If they were going to trump it, I would have thought that they would sort the graphics packs as part of the upgrade, rather than disabling them for 6 months+.