PDA

View Full Version : Jack's [Reviewed] Guide to Farming [Teutons]

JACKS HERE
16 Jul 2009, 12:05 AM
Ok, I posted a similar guide to this on the forum about 3 weeks ago. It was flamed. Horribly. However, after playing RAMBO on s6, and now moving to Young Again after carrying RAMBO for a week single handed almost, I have come to the conclusion, that guide sucked. Badly. However, there is hope. This is how I single handed got RAMBO to second raiders, and Young Again to top this week.

Note I must firstly point out, this is from other servers experience, that a farming guide can only take you as far as your 3rd village. After that, as Nailzz has stated before, your own individuality kicks in. However, to begin with there is a simple structure which, I believe, can take you far.

This is for teutons.

Ok, this can be split into 4 key points.

ONE

What to send.

Send in as many troops you can whilst getting full bounty. Personally, I prefer to do the following.

Send everyone I farm 2 troops. If I get full bounty (from reports) I'll resend 3, then if I get another full bounty, I'll send 4, then I'll send 5. I'll stick on 5 as more might dishearten the player and mkae him delete. If he thinks I'm sending 5 max, he might think he can survive. However, if I have a scout report saying a player has 5000 resources, I send 5000 - 1 full cranny. So for romans/teutons I'll send 67 maces (4020 resources). For gauls I'd send 50 maces (3000 troops). I'll then send another 10-20 if I get a full report here.

TWO

Domination

This can't be stressed enough. If you do not dominate your 30x30, you are nothing. Ideally you want domination over your 50x50. To gain domination, you need to firstly send regular troops. This prevents others building troops, and keeps their resources low, but not low enough for you to not take anything. If you do encounter troops do the following.

Assuming you are following what I do in number one, when your pair is killed, or 1 of your pair is killed, send 10 troops. If they are all killed, send 50. If they are all killed, you have not farmed enough using number 1.

With trappers, I'll send 50 maces first time, then 100, then 200. Then 50 again.

THREE

What To Raid With

Ok, this is fairly simple. You raid with maces until you have 250. Then you research paladins, and keep stables and barracks going constantly. You can do what you want during this time but in terms of farming, build more troops.

FOUR

Where ?

Simple. Anywhere you like. Try to keep below 4 hours for first few weeks at least. At the moment, I raid the 50x50 and this is exactly 1 week raiding. When you come on, raid 7x7 until they're dry, then 9x9, then 14x14, then 21x21, then 30x30 and finally 50x50. When everyone is dry, your 7x7 will have caught up enough. Simples.

Yes I know that you may think that this is not good. But I followed this and it got me a silver and on for a gold now, though admittedly I've only raided 2 nights this week. It's not the most detailed because in farming all you need is type and number of troops. Nothing else matters, except domination.

SpeedRunner
16 Jul 2009, 12:10 AM
Not enough detail i'm afraid mate. I do things completely opposite so meh.

JACKS HERE
16 Jul 2009, 12:12 AM
Not enough detail i'm afraid mate. I do things completely opposite so meh.

Did say it's not how everyone raids. It worked for me. Plus detail ? What does a guy with any ounce of travian knowledge need other than waht to raid with, and how many to send? Well I suppose where :P But thats not that much.

darkjudo
16 Jul 2009, 12:13 AM
i just raid the hell out of people
if i get into to a war then a alliacnce member will back me up

SpeedRunner
16 Jul 2009, 12:37 AM
Darkjudo how much you raiding on s2? Or is it the other way round. You epic fail of a liar.

I'm not critizing you jack its just not a guide i would use personally as it lacks detail IMO.

prince charming
16 Jul 2009, 12:38 AM
This is even worse than your last one.

JACKS HERE
16 Jul 2009, 12:38 AM
Darkjudo how much you raiding on s2? Or is it the other way round. You epic fail of a liar.

I'm not critizing you jack its just not a guide i would use personally as it lacks detail IMO.

Ok, I did add in where cos I felt that should be added in anyway. I just don't think I'd need anymore detail...hard to see from other peoples perspective really. Thanks for feedback...if you have anything in particular you want adding, pm me.

Prince Charming. I'm refusing to accept opinions off you now. If you were on RAMBO, as I think you said you were, you'll know I raided non-stop at the weekend, netting 300k in 2 days starting from below 100 mace. This works.

SpeedRunner
16 Jul 2009, 12:39 AM
I don't play anymore unless i find someone to dual with because i lack time to play. So no need :)

prince charming
16 Jul 2009, 12:51 AM
Prince Charming. I'm refusing to accept opinions off you now. If you were on RAMBO, as I think you said you were, you'll know I raided non-stop at the weekend, netting 300k in 2 days starting from below 100 mace. This works.

Firstly, what you did wasn't impressive. Secondly, it doesn't have any bearing on the quality of your guide, which is worse than your last one.

On a side note, you must be such an awesome player if you don't even know who is on the same account as you.

JACKS HERE
16 Jul 2009, 12:55 AM
Firstly, what you did wasn't impressive. Secondly, it doesn't have any bearing on the quality of your guide, which is worse than your last one.

On a side note, you must be such an awesome player if you don't even know who is on the same account as you.

You said to me, in another thread, you were on RAMBO. Don't believe this as I asked the other duals. Though you did say it. Yes, raiding 300k in 2 days IS impressive, considering top raider raided 270k in those 2 days. (Was 40k ahead and finished 10k ahead) The guide is what I did. Just because YOU do not agree with it, doesn't make it a poor guide. I'd love you to make a guide. I'm just gonna pass my time there and flame it, like you obviously do here. You are pathetic.

darkjudo
16 Jul 2009, 01:13 AM
speedrunner i raided 1,000,000 2 weeks ago and 970,000 last week with just the main village i could get more but my farms are drying up

G Bear
16 Jul 2009, 01:17 AM
didnt you manage to get the Rambo account banned as well? could you go thorough one more time how to do that again for me please?

a shocking guide in my opinion that has been repeated all over this forum many times before.

SpeedRunner
16 Jul 2009, 01:22 AM
speedrunner i raided 1,000,000 2 weeks ago and 970,000 last week with just the main village i could get more but my farms are drying up

Mega LOLz!!!

Glen :P
16 Jul 2009, 01:29 AM
Mega LOLz!!!

You read my mind.

And rambo is a crappy acc.

lukejaii
16 Jul 2009, 01:51 AM

ohh here he gose again NO YOU DIDNT YOU ARE THE FARM!

Gilboy
16 Jul 2009, 11:03 AM
(deleted quote)

Wow, that's really good.

Psychoville
16 Jul 2009, 01:04 PM
All this and more can be achieved if, like RAMBO, you have 8 duals :D

JACKS HERE
16 Jul 2009, 03:20 PM
All this and more can be achieved if, like RAMBO, you have 8 duals :D

Rambo only has 3 duals. Just many back-ups for the coming holidays.

Gilboy, to start with. I was playing RAMBO solo for 2 days. Secondly you have basically reworded my guide and kept the basic principles the same. So I'm taking that as a compliment.

Gilboy
16 Jul 2009, 04:36 PM
Rambo only has 3 duals. Just many back-ups for the coming holidays.

Gilboy, to start with. I was playing RAMBO solo for 2 days. Secondly you have basically reworded my guide and kept the basic principles the same. So I'm taking that as a compliment.

If you think that, then your guide is simply this section of mine reworded, with added fail sections:

Raiding:

The most time consuming, boring, yet addictive part of the early game. Here is my personal approach to reaping in the res. Raiding is mainly maths: the transfer of numbers from your farms villages to your own. They produce a certain amount of resources and you want as much of it as possible. What you canít do though is assume theyíre not spending or being hit by anyone else.
In order to maximise income you have to sacrifice a little in terms of big bounties and aim to raid as many villages as possible in numbers low enough to return with a probable full raid. For the first few days particularly, more than 2 mace on anything that hasnít just come out of beginners protection is likely to be wasteful (if youíre feeling lucky and donít believe you have any rivals closer to a 2 pop village just coming out of BP send 53 mace, if you can afford them and have the storage, to clear it out).

For maximum income, the greatest rate of raiding is required, i.e. nearest targets possible to be hit first. You want to increase your farming radius around your village as your mace numbers increase however. Hit the nearest targets first as you expand outwards. The radius you farm is entirely up to you. After a few days I would aim to be covering 2 to 3 hours travel away from your village. Sending larger raids to those closest to you will just lead to over farming and lower income. If youíve put the time into checking who is coming out of BP, make sure you use the information and get mace to them asap. As a rule, higher pop villages will generally offer more resources, but you will get a feel for your farms after a while and learn how crannied up they are etc. The key is to minimise empty carrying capacity. If you get 0 bounty from a player, reduce the rate you raid them, but by no means leave them alone. Looking at the opposite side of things, if you are consistently getting full raids from a village, up the numbers of Macemen you are sending gradually. Again, donít over commit and risk wasting your troopís journey.

A very important secondary role of raiding is the suppression of your rivals. If you harass everyone in your area (which is to be defined by you. Recommended 28x28 +) you frustrate their progress and prevent them from building and developing in the way they want. People giving 0 bounty will eventually tire of building more and more crannies. If they donít, catapult them and let someone else take their spot. If you suspect a local player to be farming a lot, assign more troops to hit his area and out-farm him (provided you have sufficient mace to do so).

A side note on Gauls and their blasted trapper. If a Gaul player looks like theyíve followed the quests, get in there quick and stop them getting the most frustrating building in the early game. You can feel confident in attacking a high pop Gaul (potentially trapper equipped) once you have 50 or so Macemen roaming around. Send the usual two mace raid, and simply send in the rest of your lads if they get caught up in traps (on attack of course).