PDA

View Full Version : Featured: Guide to Artefacts; the facts

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 02:27 PM
http://img.travian.org/img/building_plan_green.jpg

Artefacts - The Facts

Here is a summary for any players panicking; feel free to link back to this in an MM.

What are Artefacts?
Artefacts are a new T3.5 feature to generate some mid-server interest among players and break up the 10 month wait for the Natars. An artefact works similarly to an oasis, where an affect is applied once you have captured it. However these affects are far greater than resource bonuses. Artefacts can increase troop speed, decrease building times, increase scout effectiveness, decrease wheat consumption, etcetera.

Artefacts are also a feature of T4 - no fundamental changes were made to this area of the game.

~

Intensity of Artefact
There are 87 Artefacts in total; and 8 types with varying effectiveness.
The difference in intensity can be divided into Village Artefact, Account Artefact or Unique Artefact. More detail below:

● Village Artefacts
There are 48 village artefacts; this means the artefact affect is only applied to the village in which it is held.
To capture a Village Artefact, you will need a Level 10 Treasure Chamber.
These have the smallest defence and are placed further away from the center 0/0.

● Account Artefacts
There are 32 account-wide artefacts; this means the artefact affect is applied to ALL villages of that account.
To capture an Account Artefact, you will need a Level 20 Treasure Chamber.
These have a medium sized defence and are placed further away from the center 0/0.

● Unique Artefacts
There are 7 unique artefacts; these are account-wide with an increased bonus applied.
To capture a Unique Artefact, you will need a Level 20 Treasure Chamber.
These have the largest defense, and are placed closest to the center 0/0 so they are widely contested.
There is no unique artefact for Storage.

Artefact locations
Map of Artefact locations from s1 2010/2011 (link) (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3843/nataren.jpg)

A more comprehensive guide by Fhuaran can be found here (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?65093-Artifact-Spawning-Locations-Guide).

Artefact defence
The defence in each artefact village is calculated in relation to the Top100 armies on the server so defence reports can only be used as a rough guide. For example, the defence on ukx servers is much higher than on normal speed servers. The defence between uk servers isn't reasonably consistent (+/- 10% or so). However, on domains with a lot more, or a lot less players, there may be a significant difference e.g. pk4 had less than 10% of the defence that would be found on UK servers.

A thread containing recent numbers seen on UK servers can be found here (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?72081-Artefact-defence-numbers)

~

Capturing an Artefact
Make sure you have the correct level Treasure Chamber for the type of Artefact you are capturing. The defence in the Artefact village must be cleared, and the Treasure Chamber must be catapulted. A hero must be sent in the same wave or a 2nd wave from the village you have built the Treasure Chamber. The Hero must be sent on ATTACK to capture the artefact. Raids will be ineffective and not grant you the Artefact.
Once captured, all artefacts take 24 hours to take effect (12 hours for ukx/speed) - this includes transferring artefacts between villages or accounts later in the game.

It is also possible to chief the village holding artefacts from the Natars.

At any one time each player is only allowed to use a maximum of three artefacts, of which only one can be of the large/account or unique type. Players may however hold more artefacts than these, it is simply that the oldest artefacts of the available type will be the ones that are used. Furthermore any village artefacts will overwrite the bonus of account or unique artefacts of the same type for the village they are in effect for. Finally, to take a fourth, fifth, etc. artefact - these must be through chiefing/conquering the village that holds them - your hero will not be able to capture the artefact if you already hold three or more.

If an artefact is not captured from the Natars within a month, then the artefact will become active for the Natars. Depending on the artefact this can make it more difficult to take.

For the avoidance of doubt, only one artefact can be stored per Treasure Chamber. You CANNOT hold two level ten artefacts in a level 20 Treasure Chamber.

WW Building Plans are also treated as Artefacts. It is not possible to hold a building plan AND an artefact in the same Treasure Chambers. The activation period also applies when transferring building plans.

~

Types of Artefact
The names of artefacts changes depending on the domain you are playing. Here is a list of what the UK names mean and what they do.

● Academic Advancement
Village = 50% less build time for troops in this specific village
Account = 25% less build time for troops in all villages
Unique = 50% less build time for troops in all villages

● Artefact of the Fool
Village/ Account = Different effect every 24 hours; can be good or bad
NB: Artefact also changes scope (village artefact could become an account artefact, and vice versa)
Unique = Different effect every 24 hours; can only be GOOD
Read more about someone's experience of this Artefact: (link) (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44553)

● Military Haste
Village = 2x increase in troop speed; effectively a super Tournament Square
Account = 1.5x increase in troop speed; effectively a super Tournament Square
Unique = 3x increase in troop speed; effectively a super duper Tournament Square

● Rival's Confusion - 2 EFFECTS
Village = Crannies hold 200x more resources in this specific village
Village = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings in this specific village (doesn't apply to TC or WW - not least because a TC can't be built in a WW village)
Account = Crannies hold 100x more resources in all villages
Account = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings in all villages (doesn't apply to TC or WW)
Unique = Crannies hold 500x more resources in all villages
Unique = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings INCLUDING the TC in all villages (doesn't apply to WW)

● Storage Master Plan
Village = Ability to build Great Granaries and Great Warehouses in specific village
Account = Ability to build Great Granaries and Great Warehouses in all villages
Unique = There is no Unique artefact.

● The Architect's
Village = 4x increase in building strength; effectively a super Stonemason
Account = 3x increase in building strength; effectively a super Stonemason
Unique = 5x increase in building strength; effectively a super duper Stonemason

● The Diet
Village = 50% less crop consumed by troops in this specific village
Account = 25% less crop consumed by troops in all villages
Unique = 50% less crop consumed by troops in all villages

● The Hawk's Eyes
Village = 5x stronger scouting power for scouts built from this specific village
Account = 3x stronger scouting power for scouts built from all villages
Unique = 10x stronger scouting power for scouts built from all villages
In addition, scouts can also see incoming troop TYPES; but not how many units of that type.

~

[Edited by Samantha78: This guide was originally done by Avi for UK1 - and was an absolute lifeline. I've made a few small updates to reflect some of what has been learnt since then and to remove out of date links]

Araneatrox
06 Aug 2009, 02:30 PM
Excellent to know, Thanks.

If only they were closer to my Capital. Long travel times are terrible.

Also

Village = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings in this specific village (doesn't apply to TC or WW)
Account = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings in all villages (doesn't apply to TC or WW)
Unique = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings INCLUDING the TC and WW in all villages

Are they % or Multiples, Cus if one cranny holds 500x its normal then thats one massive 500k cranny

HarLi
06 Aug 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Avi, that is a great help :) .

Blackmane
06 Aug 2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks Avi, that is a great help :) .

yeh but whats going to happen will there be fights over them?

HarLi
06 Aug 2009, 02:47 PM
I would hope so, like the WW artefacts, they can also be stolen (correct my someone if I'm wrong) .

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 02:51 PM
If only they were closer to my Capital. Long travel times are terrible.
Everyone is equally unprepared; you never know. I imagine there will be a lot of botched attempts, dead armies, dead heroes, and a few artefacts still unconquered in a week.

Are they % or Multiples, Cus if one cranny holds 500x its normal then thats one massive 500k cranny
I believe it does end up being something crazy like hiding 4 million resources (8 x Level 10 crannies), but the way it's written on multiple threads and the FAQ is conflicting. I'm assuming it would be a pretty pathetic artefact if it was only increased by 500% tho.

yeh but whats going to happen will there be fights over them?
You need to decide if losing your army to get the artefact, and the alliance defence you're going to need to sustain the artefact, is worth it. It's still 154 days until the Natars are released; that's 5 months of artefact grief.

I would hope so, like the WW artefacts, they can also be stolen (correct my someone if I'm wrong) .
Spot on, just like a Building Plan, an Artefact can be conquered by clearing the defence of the village, catapulting the Treasure Chamber, and sending a hero on Attack from the village of your own Treasure Chamber.
NB: make sure you contact the Multihunter for a clarification on the Artefact conquering rule. I will try and track it down too...

Blackmane
06 Aug 2009, 02:58 PM
You need to decide if losing your army to get the artefact, and the alliance defence you're going to need to sustain the artefact, is worth it. It's still 154 days until the Natars are released; that's 5 months of artefact grief.

woah thats a long time

Enterprise1
06 Aug 2009, 03:02 PM
● Academic Advancement
Village = 50% less build time for troops in this specific village
Account = 25% less build time for troops in all villages
Unique = 50% less build time for troops in all villages

large academic advancement III
This artefact reduces training times in the barracks, stable and seige workshop by 3/4.
Owner Natars
village academic advancement
Alliance -
area of effect account
bonus 3/4
required level treasury level 20

This says that it reduces training time by 3/4... 75%?

teutonic
06 Aug 2009, 03:03 PM
Here's a re-visit of the official announcement for posterity - great guide thanks .

http://www.ukimagehost.com/uploads/177833c0b4.jpg

p.s. - interesting to note they are instantly attackable and not under ban like the building plans are when first spawned :cool:

prince charming
06 Aug 2009, 03:06 PM
They can also be taken by capturing the village they are in.

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 03:09 PM
This says that it reduces training time by 3/4... 75%?
I believe it means 75% of the original value, I remember a friend conquered on Uk4 and was disappointed in the result as they also believed it was supposed to be a 75% reduction. I'll double check that for peace of mind and update it if it's wrong.

Edit: see FAQ explanation, and reference to 25% reduction (link) (http://help.travian.co.uk/index.php?type=faq&mod=508)

Enterprise1
06 Aug 2009, 03:12 PM
I believe it means 75% of the original value, I remember a friend conquered on Uk4 and was disappointed in the result as they also believed it was supposed to be a 75% reduction. I'll double check that for peace of mind and update it if it's wrong.

Edit: see FAQ explanation, and reference to 25% reduction (link) (http://help.travian.co.uk/index.php?type=faq&mod=508)

Ah I see, thanks :)

dannyuk1982
06 Aug 2009, 03:25 PM
To clarify where it says:

This artefact reduces the crop consumption of all troops in this village by 3/4.

It should say

This artefact reduces the crop consumption of all troops in this village to 3/4.

Bad translation (nothing new there :-p)

dannyuk1982
06 Aug 2009, 03:40 PM
report for level 20 account-wide on this server

http://travian-reports.net/uk/raport.php?id=12d9e7f67

large academic advancement I
This artefact reduces training times in the barracks, stable and seige workshop by 3/4.

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 03:42 PM
report for level 20 on this server
'Level 20' ? Account and Unique defence is different, could you be more specific? ;)

seanster102
06 Aug 2009, 03:53 PM
is there an easy way to find the artefacts

Vonotar
06 Aug 2009, 03:56 PM
Look in your treasure chamber.

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 04:17 PM
I'd say the ingame Natar profile is pretty easy: (link) (http://s1.travian.co.uk/spieler.php?uid=131166)

Or the following list, which shows the artefacts per quadrant:

NE seems fairly balanced, SE has the most Rival's Confusion, NW has the most Military Haste, SW has the most Hawk Eyes and Artefact of the Fool (coincidence Noein?! hehe).

North East
(194|59) Academic Advancement
(46|198) Academic Advancement
(77|129) Academic Advancement
(170|132) Artefact of the Fool
(215|8) Artefact of the Fool
(59|206) Artefact of the Fool
(208|156) Military Haste
(100|39) Military Haste
(192|24) Rival's Confusion
(79|121) Rival's Confusion
(139|104) Storage Master Plan
(144|92) Storage Master Plan
(277|85) The Architects
(66|283) The Architects
(59|63) The Architects
(39|37) The Diet
(127|194) The Diet
(11|128) The Diet
(70|203) The Hawk's Eyes
(111|34) The Hawk's Eyes
(26|113) The Hawk's Eyes

South East
(148|-139) Academic Advancement
(53|-8) Academic Advancement
(129|-77) Academic Advancement
(178|-120) Artefact of the Fool
(74|-202) Artefact of the Fool
(39|-100) Military Haste
(32|-259) Military Haste
(241|-102) Military Haste
(145|-8) Rival's Confusion
(24|-192) Rival's Confusion
(27|-46) Rival's Confusion
(66|-129) Rival's Confusion
(21|-173) Storage Master Plan
(160|-69) Storage Master Plan
(93|-144) Storage Master Plan
(212|-198) The Architects
(63|-59) The Architects
(105|-206) The Diet
(232|-12) The Diet
(129|-11) The Diet
(203|-70) The Hawk's Eyes
(85|-79) The Hawk's Eyes

North West
(-148|139) Academic Advancement
(-129|76) Academic Advancement
(-178|120) Artefact of the Fool
(-73|202) Artefact of the Fool
(-38|100) Military Haste
(-32|258) Military Haste
(-241|102) Military Haste
(-4|53) Military Haste
(-24|192) Rival's Confusion
(-144|8) Rival's Confusion
(-66|129) Rival's Confusion
(-160|68) Storage Master Plan
(-21|173) Storage Master Plan
(-93|143) Storage Master Plan
(-212|198) The Architects
(-63|59) The Architects
(-44|30) The Architects
(-105|205) The Diet
(-129|11) The Diet
(-232|12) The Diet
(-85|78) The Hawk's Eyes
(-203|70) The Hawk's Eyes

South West
(-194|-59) Academic Advancement
(-77|-129) Academic Advancement
(-46|-198) Academic Advancement
(-52|-17) Artefact of the Fool
(-215|-9) Artefact of the Fool
(-170|-132) Artefact of the Fool
(-59|-206) Artefact of the Fool
(-100|-39) Military Haste
(-208|-157) Military Haste
(-79|-121) Rival's Confusion
(-192|-25) Rival's Confusion
(-144|-93) Storage Master Plan
(-139|-104) Storage Master Plan
(-59|-63) The Architects
(-277|-86) The Architects
(-66|-284) The Architects
(-11|-129) The Diet
(-127|-194) The Diet
(-26|-113) The Hawk's Eyes
(-19|-50) The Hawk's Eyes
(-111|-34) The Hawk's Eyes
(-70|-203) The Hawk's Eyes

Samantha78
06 Aug 2009, 04:20 PM
Avi - the artefact conquer bit isn't in the official uk rules; but is in the friendly fire guide on that section of the forum.

Ade350125
06 Aug 2009, 04:29 PM
....and Artefact of the Fool (coincidence Noein?! hehe).

Hahahah :oops: :confused: :p

Excellent guide. Thanks :)

Enterprise1
06 Aug 2009, 04:36 PM
http://travian-reports.net/uk/raport.php?id=2f1ce7168

report for

large academic advancement III
Owner Natars
village academic advancement
Alliance -
area of effect account
bonus 3/4
required level treasury level 20

yeah I went a bit overkill on the scouts..

Fred Easey
06 Aug 2009, 05:47 PM
Question:

The lvl 10 diet artifact, does that work like the WW, eg all troops in said village are on 50% less crop consumption, or is it that the troops produced by said village use up 50% less crop?

Lucidity
06 Aug 2009, 06:09 PM
Question:

The lvl 10 diet artifact, does that work like the WW, eg all troops in said village are on 50% less crop consumption, or is it that the troops produced by said village use up 50% less crop?

Fairly certain in saying yes, thats correct.

Enterprise1
06 Aug 2009, 06:12 PM
Fairly certain in saying yes, thats correct.

Which are you saying yes to? :p

Also, it would be the account wide artifact for it to work in the WW as you can't and don't build a TC in a WW village

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 07:35 PM
Question: The lvl 10 diet artifact, does that work like the WW, eg all troops in said village are on 50% less crop consumption, or is it that the troops produced by said village use up 50% less crop?
I'd agree with Lucid and say as the affect is village specific, not troop-specific, it would apply to any troops in that village at that current time.

It would be the account wide artifact for it to work in the WW as you can't and don't build a TC in a WW village
Kudos !

Second to this question, if an account-wide artefact has 50% crop reduction - is that an additional 50% to the WW 50%, making it 100% and crop consumption being 0. Or 50% of the 50%, making it 25%. Outlandish theories and thoughts welcome.

Fabs
06 Aug 2009, 07:39 PM
I'd agree with Lucid and say as the affect is village specific, not troop-specific, it would apply to any troops in that village at that current time.

Are we assuming here then that that includes all troops being fed by the village? So troops travelling to attack somewhere, or stored in its oasis would be reduced consumption too?

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 07:43 PM
Are we assuming here then that that includes all troops being fed by the village? So troops travelling to attack somewhere, or stored in its oasis would be reduced consumption too?
Yes I'd assume so, that is how I'd interpret the village artefact. But it is just an assumption.

Touched
06 Aug 2009, 08:20 PM
Second to this question, if an account-wide artefact has 50% crop reduction - is that an additional 50% to the WW 50%, making it 100% and crop consumption being 0. Or 50% of the 50%, making it 25%. Outlandish theories and thoughts welcome.

You're the one with the answers :p

Lucidity
06 Aug 2009, 08:58 PM
Does the Natar village gain a population based defence bonus?

:confused:

wuvarien
06 Aug 2009, 09:17 PM

Would imagine they'd make WW villages void of Artefact powers, just like gold usage

Touched
06 Aug 2009, 09:31 PM
Would imagine they'd make WW villages void of Artefact powers, just like gold usage

So why have a unique artifact which makes it impossible to target the WW (and everything else) .

But then again, I do see your point.

Avi
06 Aug 2009, 11:11 PM
You're the one with the answers :p
But I don't know this one :(

Does the Natar village gain a population based defence bonus?
No sir, World Wonder villages are not affected by the population bonus.

Maybe baby, someone on Uk4 might die trying it.

Enterprise1
06 Aug 2009, 11:26 PM
Kudos !

Ooo, I got a Kudos, YAY!

On a more serious note, I would think that it would be 50% of the 50% that already exists as there is no special building/artifact that already reduces the wheat consumption of a WW village (except for the WW of course but that isn't moveable) so therefore it would be 50% of the wheat consumption that is already placed in the WW... making it 75%.

wuvarien
06 Aug 2009, 11:27 PM
On a more serious note, I would think that it would be 50% of the 50% that already exists as there is no special building/artifact that already reduces the wheat consumption of a WW village (except for the WW of course but that isn't moveable) so therefore it would be 50% of the wheat consumption that is already placed in the WW... making it 75%.

Or the 50% WW power overrights the Artefact 50%, therefore no artefact effect.

We'll have to find out :P

Enterprise1
06 Aug 2009, 11:34 PM
Or the 50% WW power overrights the Artefact 50%, therefore no artefact effect.

We'll have to find out :P

Or that yeah! lol :p

Bloodcurdled
06 Aug 2009, 11:42 PM

I do hope so.
A unique stronger building artefact affecting the WW village would be a bit harsh. I'm pretty sure they will affect them, however. The alliances on s4 who are getting ready for endgame have tried to take as many of those account-wide artefacts as possible.
Realistically, you'll only see armies 1.5x bigger come endgame, whilst the leading WWs are likely to be 3x stronger. I think that will unbalance things somewhat.

wuvarien
06 Aug 2009, 11:46 PM
I do hope so.
A unique stronger building artefact affecting the WW village would be a bit harsh. I'm pretty sure they will affect them, however. The alliances on s4 who are getting ready for endgame have tried to take as many of those account-wide artefacts as possible.
Realistically, you'll only see armies 1.5x bigger come endgame, whilst the leading WWs are likely to be 3x stronger. I think that will unbalance things somewhat.

plus there wont be as many huge armies, due to people losing them getting the artefacts.

The unique which stops targetting the WW is over powered as well imo, anyone who gets that has basically won (as long as they can keep GWs/GG/MB up), but then again not many people target the WW so i'm not too sure about this one.

But defo agree with the stronger buildings

Bloodcurdled
06 Aug 2009, 11:54 PM
plus there wont be as many huge armies, due to people losing them getting the artefacts.

The unique which stops targetting the WW is over powered as well imo, anyone who gets that has basically won (as long as they can keep GWs/GG/MB up), but then again not many people target the WW so i'm not too sure about this one.

But defo agree with the stronger buildings

The unique random aim one doesn't work on WWs. That's why I'd assume the other artefacts do, cause if it's specified on one that it is ineffective, then why not the others?

Still think you'll see bigger armies on average.
Those who go after the faster troop building ones will obviously have larger armies come endgame, and possibly those with the wheat consumption artefacts.

wuvarien
06 Aug 2009, 11:56 PM
The unique random aim one doesn't work on WWs. That's why I'd assume the other artefacts do, cause if it's specified on one that it is ineffective, then why not the others?

Still think you'll see bigger armies on average.
Those who go after the faster troop building ones will obviously have larger armies come endgame, and possibly those with the wheat consumption artefacts.

Village = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings in this specific village (doesn't apply to TC or WW)
Unique = Enemy catas cannot aim at buildings INCLUDING the TC and WW in all villages

Bloodcurdled
06 Aug 2009, 11:57 PM

T'is wrong that.
You can aim at the TC or WW, try anything else and it'll hit a random building.
Says so in the TC;
"In additon, enemy catapults can only aim at the treasure chamber or wonder of the world, or at random."

wuvarien
07 Aug 2009, 12:01 AM
T'is wrong that.
Says so in the TC;
"In additon, enemy catapults can only aim at the treasure chamber or wonder of the world, or at random."

ahh right, quite a few typo's in the translation :P

Avi
07 Aug 2009, 12:11 AM
T'is wrong that.
Says so in the TC;
FAQ states that TC cannot be targeted with Unique but the WW can - is that also wrong as well?
Lucky we have Uk4 to test, but not very fair the server had to be such a guinea pig.

Bloodcurdled
07 Aug 2009, 12:22 AM
FAQ states that TC cannot be targeted with Unique but the WW can - is that also wrong as well?
Lucky we have Uk4 to test, but not very fair the server had to be such a guinea pig.

Never noticed that in the FAQ. Still says the same in the description in the TC though. So taking this artefact from someone is pretty much impossible.
This artefact hasn't been taken up on s4 either, so I can't see if I can target the TC or not.

On a side note. The defenses on this server are identical to that of s4. Artefacts were released smack-bang in the middle for s1, 150 days I make it. 16 days later in the server on s4. So all your armies are gonna be hurt a lot more than ours were. It'll only be the players who take the 50% faster troop building ones that would be able to benefit more from the extra time given with the artefact itself.

Guevara
07 Aug 2009, 12:33 AM
Never noticed that in the FAQ. Still says the same in the description in the TC though. So taking this artefact from someone is pretty much impossible.
This artefact hasn't been taken up on s4 either, so I can't see if I can target the TC or not.

On a side note. The defenses on this server are identical to that of s4. Artefacts were released smack-bang in the middle for s1, 150 days I make it. 16 days later in the server on s4. So all your armies are gonna be hurt a lot more than ours were. It'll only be the players who take the 50% faster troop building ones that would be able to benefit more from the extra time given with the artefact itself.

Who the hell are you?

Enterprise1
07 Aug 2009, 12:34 AM
Who the hell are you?

Who the hell are you?

Guevara
07 Aug 2009, 12:36 AM
Who the hell are you?

I'm Fred Easey's best friend. Now who the hell are you?

Enterprise1
07 Aug 2009, 12:37 AM
I'm me :cool:

Guevara
07 Aug 2009, 12:38 AM
I'm me :cool:

I also sit for Bloodcurdled occasionally when I feel like it. Would you like his troop numbers?

Bloodcurdled
07 Aug 2009, 12:41 AM
I also sit for Bloodcurdled occasionally when I feel like it. Would you like his troop numbers?

Woooah now.
Don't start hollering when you need yours feeding. I ain't doing it.

Guevara
07 Aug 2009, 12:42 AM
Woooah now.
Don't start hollering when you need yours feeding. I ain't doing it.

:oops:

:horse::love:

acanthium32
07 Aug 2009, 12:47 AM

On a side note. The defenses on this server are identical to that of s4.

Be more accurate than asking Bloodcurdled directly - he's started to be a bit creative with figures..... :rolleyes:

Avi
07 Aug 2009, 12:52 AM
I believe it is Day 151. And the defences were similar, but not identical. In fact, comparing reports, the Uk4 forum implies each defence was different and there is no consistency. Whereas the Uk1 villages all have the same. And despite saying Uk1 will "hurt more", Uk4 seemed to have higher defences even when released earlier.

Uk4 Village Artefact = 2981 1605 2395 78 1554 1656 892 306 1 1
Uk1 Village Artefact = 2951 1589 2371 78 1538 1639 883 303 1 1

Uk4 Account Artefact = 4576 2465 3677 98 2386 2542 1369 469 1 1
Uk1 Account Artefact = 4540 2444 3647 97 2367 2522 1358 466 1 1

Uk4 Unique Artefact = 6880 3704 5527 196 3587 3822 2058 706 1 1
Uk1 Unique Artefact = 6809 3667 5471 194 3550 3783 2037 698 1 1

Bloodcurdled
07 Aug 2009, 01:08 AM
I believe it is Day 151. And the defences were similar, but not identical. In fact, comparing reports, the Uk4 forum implies each defence was different and there is no consistency. Whereas the Uk1 villages all have the same. And despite saying Uk1 will "hurt more", Uk4 seemed to have higher defences even when released earlier.

Uk4 Village Artefact = 2981 1605 2395 78 1554 1656 892 306 1 1
Uk1 Village Artefact = 2951 1589 2371 78 1538 1639 883 303 1 1

Uk4 Account Artefact = 4576 2465 3677 98 2386 2542 1369 469 1 1
Uk1 Account Artefact = 4540 2444 3647 97 2367 2522 1358 466 1 1

Uk4 Unique Artefact = 6880 3704 5527 196 3587 3822 2058 706 1 1
Uk1 Unique Artefact = 6809 3667 5471 194 3550 3783 2037 698 1 1

Well, it would be day 151 now, wouldn't it? Being the day after yesterday and all. :rolleyes:
UK4 defenses were pretty consistent, give or take a couple hundred. Identical enough for me when I raised the point regarding the size of defense being dependent on how far in the server is.
I'm assuming you mis-typed the last point.
The timing of the release on s1 will hurt armies more than on s4 cause you'll have smaller armies to hit them with.

Avi
07 Aug 2009, 01:18 AM
Well, it would be day 151 now, wouldn't it? Being the day after yesterday and all. :rolleyes:
It is Day 152 today, keep up :rolleyes:

UK4 defenses were pretty consistent, give or take a couple hundred. Identical enough for me when I raised the point regarding the size of defense being dependent on how far in the server is.
Identical means being exactly the same, not "give of take a couple hundred". And because of that inconsistency, the servers are not directly comparable.

The timing of the release on s1 will hurt armies more than on s4 cause you'll have smaller armies to hit them with.
Yes, I read the sentence wrong. But as Uk1 defences are lower than on Uk4, this caters to the smaller size of the armies at an earlier stage. Second to that, Uk1 has an extra 2 weeks to benefit from the artefact, so can rebuild troops quicker than Uk4 players were building them in the 2 weeks prior.

Bloodcurdled
07 Aug 2009, 01:33 AM
Identical means being exactly the same, not "give of take a couple hundred". And because of that inconsistency, the servers are not directly comparable.

Yes, I read the sentence wrong. But as Uk1 defences are lower than on Uk4, this caters to the smaller size of the armies at an earlier stage. Second to that, Uk1 has an extra 2 weeks to benefit from the artefact, so can rebuild troops quicker than Uk4 players were building them in the 2 weeks prior.

There's no difference in the defenses in s1 compared to s4. The Natars defense is weak, an extra 20 Pikemen isn't really going to dent anything.
On average, players hitting artefacts on s1 are going to have 7.5-10k less inf (cba to work out cav) than s4 did. Those 20 less Pikemen won't really balance that out.

acanthium32
07 Aug 2009, 01:38 AM
There's no difference in the defenses in s1 compared to s4. The Natars defense is weak, an extra 20 Pikemen isn't really going to dent anything.
On average, players hitting artefacts on s1 are going to have 7.5-10k less inf (cba to work out cav) than s4 did. Those 20 less Pikemen won't really balance that out.

Have to agree here. Although not identical, the difference in natar counts is so marginal it really won't alter the outcome. But the size of armies attacking will.

The extra couple of weeks will allow s1 players to catch up easily with the troop artefacts though.

Bloodcurdled
07 Aug 2009, 01:46 AM
Do we know if the defenses in s1 are exactly identical across small/large/unique defenses? All I've seen so far is two scouts reports of the same type of artefact. So are the defenses the same within the types, or across the whole lot?

abyss
07 Aug 2009, 02:12 AM
they seem to be the same from the scoutings of my alliance...

Reku
07 Aug 2009, 08:46 AM
Hey guys. Some old faces here

On server 4 i have

small academic advancement X (1/2)
Treasury: 10, Effect: village

Think its probablies one of the best.

It certainly helps

Lucidity
07 Aug 2009, 09:58 AM
Hey guys. Some old faces here

On server 1 i have

Treasury: 10, Effect: village

Think its probablies one of the best.

It certainly helps

Treasury: 10, Effect: village Natars

No you don't. :)

Fabs
07 Aug 2009, 10:09 AM
Treasury: 10, Effect: village Natars

No you don't. :)

I imagine it was a typo and he meant 4, he plays that server from the looks of his posts but I don't think he's playing s1 this time around.

Enterprise1
07 Aug 2009, 02:28 PM
Erm, are natars meant to scout us? I thought they only done that when WW's are released?

Da5id
07 Aug 2009, 03:22 PM
Nice one Sam ;)

dannyuk1982
07 Aug 2009, 09:22 PM
Level 20 unique

http://www.travian-reports.net/uk/raport.php?id=9261a56b9

Guevara
07 Aug 2009, 09:23 PM
Level 20 unique

http://www.travian-reports.net/uk/raport.php?id=9261a56b9

So awesome.

I love Fred.

Acer
07 Aug 2009, 10:53 PM
Anyone mess up do you know? any miscalculation in the amount of cats or troops yet?

There shurley has to be one......

sustantivo
08 Aug 2009, 09:47 AM
I botched one :( ill put the reports up when ive finished lol

Vonotar
08 Aug 2009, 04:01 PM
I messed up, I got the arefact of the fool :D

sustantivo
08 Aug 2009, 09:27 PM
What did you do?

Psychoville
08 Aug 2009, 09:29 PM
I missed out on one by an hour last night :( Someone just beat me to it .... 20 hours there and back - What a Waste

Ownage23
08 Aug 2009, 09:52 PM
I missed out on one by an hour last night :( Someone just beat me to it .... 20 hours there and back - What a Waste

Dw jordan 2 others wanted it aswell not just you.

sustantivo
08 Aug 2009, 09:52 PM
oooo nasty i have something in the pipeline if it goes wrong i will create a personal vendetta against the player lol

Ive put a lot into this. :P

Ownage23
08 Aug 2009, 09:55 PM
Anyone takes mine i will personally 0 pop them and delete.

Psychoville
08 Aug 2009, 10:00 PM
Dw jordan 2 others wanted it aswell not just you.

Who are you :oops:

Ownage23
08 Aug 2009, 10:13 PM
Who are you :oops:

iv dauled with you before

;)

Psychoville
08 Aug 2009, 10:49 PM
Which server :(

Ownage23
08 Aug 2009, 11:25 PM
Which server :(

spain :eek:

Psychoville
08 Aug 2009, 11:27 PM
Mikey or Phipz then ...

If not then, ermmm I r confuzzed :eek:

Ownage23
08 Aug 2009, 11:33 PM
Mikey or Phipz then ...

If not then, ermmm I r confuzzed :eek:

Phippz.;):rolleyes:

Psychoville
08 Aug 2009, 11:39 PM
Z0mg. What happened to Luckies ? :D

Oh and, I know you aren't Phippz ;)

jix
06 Oct 2009, 12:13 PM
I take it they changed the rules again, tried to take a second lvl 20 tc artifact, the TC was cleared, my TC was lvl 20 had a hm, hero sent from the vill yet did not conquer it :-(

Lucidity
06 Oct 2009, 01:00 PM
I take it they changed the rules again, tried to take a second lvl 20 tc artifact, the TC was cleared, my TC was lvl 20 had a hm, hero sent from the vill yet did not conquer it :-(

See below:

At any one time each player is only allowed to use a maximum of three artefacts, of which only one can be of the account or unique type.

jix
06 Oct 2009, 03:28 PM
See below:

That I understand but

Artefacts were reintroduced in Travian 3.5 after being absent since Travian 2, as detailed below (although Wonder of the World building plans remained a feature in the game). There are three different categories of artefacts available in T3.5; village, account and unique. Village artefacts only affect the village they are stored in, account artefacts effect the whole account and unique artefacts do the same but with a greater bonus.

At any one time each player is only allowed to use a maximum of three artefacts, of which only one can be of the account or unique type. Players may however hold more than 3 artefacts but only the 3 oldest artefacts will be used. Furthermore any village artefacts will overwrite the bonus of account or unique artefacts of the same type for the village they are in effect for.

:D

Bloodcurdled
06 Oct 2009, 03:34 PM

Conquer the village it's in.

Tullia
06 Oct 2009, 03:41 PM
At any one time each player is only allowed to use a maximum of three artefacts, of which only one can be of the account or unique type.

Players may however hold more than 3 artefacts but only the 3 oldest artefacts will be used.

The way I read those, they aren't mutually exclusive though. You can have more than three, but only one unique one?

Bloodcurdled
06 Oct 2009, 03:45 PM
The way I read those, they aren't mutually exclusive though. You can have more than three, but only one unique one?

You can have it, I believe, but you just can't use it it. That's providing you conquer the village the artefact is in, rather than steal it.

Tullia
06 Oct 2009, 03:50 PM
You can have it, I believe, but you just can't use it it. That's providing you conquer the village the artefact is in, rather than steal it.

That makes sense I suppose; it seems odd that you would have to conquer it even if you didn't have three already, but there's a lot wierd about the artefacts :D :D

Bloodcurdled
06 Oct 2009, 03:56 PM
That makes sense I suppose; it seems odd that you would have to conquer it even if you didn't have three already, but there's a lot wierd about the artefacts :D :D

Off the top of my head, I think I read somewhere "You can only capture 1 account/unique artefact and up to 3 artefacts in total. You can hold more than 1 unique or account artefact, or 3 in total, by conquering and the oldest three work, yada yada"

I assume the different use of capture/conquering is significant? Otherwise it would make no sense.

I should really stop being so lazy and write up that guide...

jix
06 Oct 2009, 04:24 PM
Off the top of my head, I think I read somewhere "You can only capture 1 account/unique artefact and up to 3 artefacts in total. You can hold more than 1 unique or account artefact, or 3 in total, by conquering and the oldest three work, yada yada"

I assume the different use of capture/conquering is significant? Otherwise it would make no sense.

yes I recall something like that also... be great to find out BTW the TC has to be the correct lvl before the hero is sent apparently :eek:

Tullia
06 Oct 2009, 04:28 PM
be great to find out BTW the TC has to be the correct lvl before the hero is sent apparently :eek:

Tech Support weren't sure and asked for a ticket to be submitted so they could investigate when this was raised on the team forum. No results have been published on there yet. One of the US supporters did post saying he sent a hero out on a strike with his TC below lvl 10, and the other one not yet demolished - however, the TCs were proper level by the time the hit landed and it was apparently a success. However that's still only anecdotal evidence, sorry. As soon as a definitive confirmation is published by Tech Support, I will let you know.

Bloodcurdled
06 Oct 2009, 04:40 PM
I'm quite sure with the first one I took, I was upgrading the TC to the required level while the attack was on its way. Hadn't really thought about that being an issue, just assumed it would work like this (which I'm sure it does/did).

Tullia
06 Oct 2009, 04:45 PM
I'm quite sure with the first one I took, I was upgrading the TC to the required level while the attack was on its way. Hadn't really thought about that being an issue, just assumed it would work like this (which I'm sure it does/did).

I'm pretty sure that's how it works too, although official confirmation would be nice. After all, most other things (Brewery bonus, CP, gold off bonus etc) all don't matter if they are inactive at the launch of an attack, only counting if active when it lands.

pizzathehut
08 Oct 2009, 03:21 PM
Ive had a look on this fine thread of facts but there seems to be no description of the timings involved once the artefacts have arrived. How long till the scouts appear? How long till the artefacts can be captured?

Would be useful to know.

Apologies if this info is here and I've missed it.

jix
12 Oct 2009, 01:44 PM

I can confirm that you can only "capture" 1 account artifact at a time, thanks for the guidance on this :oops:

mrpanky
24 Oct 2009, 11:40 AM
Why does the village artifact have better bonus's than the account artifact for the academic advancement?

Is it like 50% time off troop training in the village holding the account and 25% everywhere else?
Pank

Avi
26 Oct 2009, 11:39 AM
Why does the village artifact have better bonus's than the account artifact for the academic advancement? Is it like 50% time off troop training in the village holding the account and 25% everywhere else?
Pank
The account artefact applies to all villages of that account = all build times are reduced by 25%.
If you have a village artefact on top of that, it will override the effect of the account artefact for that specific village. So the village artefact decreases the build times by 50% instead; the other villages remain at 25% due to the account artefact. It does not form a cumulative 75% decrease in that village by holding both artefacts.

The village artefact is aimed at someone building an offensive army from one location, that is a limitation in itself, causing the village artefact to be somewhat less effective than account or unique.

The account artefact is better suited to a player building defense, they can build from multiple locations so achieve a higher unit increase in troops than a village artefact. However most alliances are blind to using it for this purpose and still assign the AA artefact to a WWK holder.

The unique artefact combines the best of the account + village artefact, giving 50% reduction across all villages.

abyss
26 Oct 2009, 11:55 AM
Yes agreed with Avi. The village artefact may have better bonus for the academic advancement however it comes with a higher risk (revealing your army village) while the large account artefact you can pretty much hide your army village better. The large artefacts are somewhat easier to defend wheat wise as u can dump them into the capital.

Avi
26 Oct 2009, 12:12 PM
The large artefacts are somewhat easier to defend wheat wise as u can dump them into the capital.
Very true. To defend the village artefact, you would have to amount a mass defense in a village already suffering negative from your own army. If you don't defend the artefact and decide to move it, you risk the army village being conquered. And by moving a village artefact to another village, it takes 24 hours to begin working again and it would be in the wrong place - some might say this is far more hassle than it's worth.

The account artefact has the same disadvantage of the 24 hour break, but can be moved to any village and still work in exactly the same way. However, the account artefact is also less likely to be moved than the village artefact due to the expense of a Level 20 TC. The village artefact has more flexibility as the cost of a Level 10 TC is far cheaper?

abyss
26 Oct 2009, 12:35 PM
moving the lvl 20 is just far too expensive (3.5mil resources or so to build a lvl 20 tc?) while moving the lvl 10 is just a hassle. it is expensive also as you need to keep knocking and rebuilding TCs and ultimately risk losing ur army village anyways.

Samantha78
26 Oct 2009, 03:35 PM
moving the lvl 20 is just far too expensive (3.5mil resources or so to build a lvl 20 tc?) while moving the lvl 10 is just a hassle. it is expensive also as you need to keep knocking and rebuilding TCs and ultimately risk losing ur army village anyways.

we are definitely still finding our way round living with artefacts! Does all that reinforce that the most efficient use of the artefact is for a defence player? Depending on how organised they may have tons of their own built defence at close range so the usual load on each village is bearable; but can be called into the art village at short notice?

Or makes 'personal deffers' tempting if the geography is right

abyss
26 Oct 2009, 03:49 PM
Well defence players certainly benefit from a few large account wide artefact (army build and haste are 2 examples) and in my opinion they are worse off than the village ones as they are suited to be used for both defence/offence players but used more efficiently by the defence player..

Icey
27 Oct 2009, 11:24 AM
Reduced training time would be so wasted on defensive players, if they have troop queuing issues then they should just setup another village for defence production.

stee
28 Oct 2009, 11:28 PM
If you have Rival's Slight Confusion does this mean that the Treasury cannot be targeted?

The FAQ says: "Catapults can only shoot random on villages within artefacts power. Exceptions for the village and account artefacts are WW and Treasury. Exception for the unique artefact is only the WW."

However, in game there is no mention of the Treasury:
This artefact increases the capacity of your crannies by 200x. In additon, enemy catapults can only aim at the wonder of the world, or at random.

Bloodcurdled
28 Oct 2009, 11:31 PM
Only the Unique Artefact of this type makes your Treasure Chamber untargetable.

commander
28 Oct 2009, 11:32 PM
I think the info in game is perhaps wrong. I took one off somebody and hit the treasure chamber with my catapults. It hadnt been moved, so wasnt an issue of not having kicked in, and it would have been one hell of a lucky random hit.

So yes, I believe that is what distinguishes the unique as unique, as the TC cant be targeted.

stee
28 Oct 2009, 11:38 PM
I think Travian need to update the in game descriptions for these artefacts as it would seem that a few are not too clear.

Another example...
Large Academic Advancement (account):

In the FAQ: 25% reduction in training time

So are they reduced by 1/4 or 3/4? :confused:

EDIT: They also need to check the spelling in the descriptions "additon" & "seige" :p

Bloodcurdled
28 Oct 2009, 11:55 PM
I think Travian need to update the in game descriptions for these artefacts as it would seem that a few are not too clear.

Another example...
Large Academic Advancement (account):

In the FAQ: 25% reduction in training time

So are they reduced by 1/4 or 3/4? :confused:

EDIT: They also need to check the spelling in the descriptions "additon" & "seige" :p

That's due to the translation from German, they're a bit lazy like that.
That one will be reduced by 25%.

Fabs
09 Jan 2010, 05:27 PM
Moved to FAQ section

Mouse-Keyboard
14 May 2010, 06:31 AM
It doesn't say that you can take an artefact by chiefing an artefact village.

Detritus
14 May 2010, 10:45 AM
I was trying to see the defence sizes so I could calculate roughly how many losses I would receive..

The reports don't seem to be working for me though, is it just me? can anyone else see them?

abyss
14 May 2010, 12:01 PM
the defence size vary from server to server, as i believe they are calculated by the servers top 100 'armies' feel free to correct me if i am wrong :P

it don't mention that you can chief an artefact village because the guide was produced very early on when uk1 first got the artefacts so a bit out of date.

Mouse-Keyboard
14 May 2010, 04:57 PM
I was trying to see the defence sizes so I could calculate roughly how many losses I would receive..

The reports don't seem to be working for me though, is it just me? can anyone else see them?

It hasn't been working properly for a while. Killroid has them, if you put the defence as Natar it has some buttons which fill in the defence automatically. http://travian.kirilloid.ru/warsim.php

the defence size vary from server to server, as i believe they are calculated by the servers top 100 'armies' feel free to correct me if i am wrong :P

Correct

it don't mention that you can chief an artefact village because the guide was produced very early on when uk1 first got the artefacts so a bit out of date.

I was pointing out that it should be updated.

Yoink
08 Jun 2010, 08:03 PM
It hasn't been working properly for a while. Killroid has them, if you put the defence as Natar it has some buttons which fill in the defence automatically. http://travian.kirilloid.ru/warsim.php

Been looking at those killroid ones and they seem a little large :S

Fhuaran
13 Jun 2010, 11:25 AM

Correct

Speculation or did you hear it directly from a developer? Seems to me there's no way a player could work that out unless they have data from the owners of the 100 largest hammers which is almost impossible without resorting to illegal scripting for plus graphs which is still inaccurate. Surely a holistic view is far more probable such as total off troops in the server etc. A lot of speculative theories seem to be bandied about which slowly become 'fact', would be interesting to know the basis of this one.

Samantha78
13 Jun 2010, 11:45 AM
Speculation or did you hear it directly from a developer? Seems to me there's no way a player could work that out unless they have data from the owners of the 100 largest hammers which is almost impossible without resorting to illegal scripting for plus graphs which is still inaccurate. Surely a holistic view is far more probable such as total off troops in the server etc. A lot of speculative theories seem to be bandied about which slowly become 'fact', would be interesting to know the basis of this one.

it's correct; one of the devs said it on the german forum I think; or in one of the crew chats; meh I'll find the proper source later if I get bored.

And there are a handful on the uk forums who have a rough feel for how the uk servers vary by average quality and army size.

Fhuaran
14 Jun 2010, 09:41 AM
Cool, thanks a lot!

SirUlrich
19 Jun 2010, 10:23 AM
Is it normal for small fools artefacts to have ~20% less defence in them compared to other village artefacts or is s4 unique? I can't remember that being the case on other servers I've seen but can't quite remember :confused:

koolthekat
19 Jun 2010, 04:03 PM
Is it normal for small fools artefacts to have ~20% less defence in them compared to other village artefacts or is s4 unique? I can't remember that being the case on other servers I've seen but can't quite remember :confused:

Normally def is the same. Maybe some fool attacked that fool already?

SirUlrich
19 Jun 2010, 05:24 PM
Not that I know of - at least 4 different small fools had exactly the same troop numbers and they were all 20% below a 'normal' artefact

Seems just weird and I sort of want my extra 3.5k hero exp :confused:

Ben
21 Jun 2010, 09:03 PM
A question about the architects secret Artefact, how does it work with the Stonemason? Architects x4 and level 20 stone mason is x3, so do you need 12 times the number of cats? so 53 x 12 (636) for a level 20 building.

Fhuaran
22 Jun 2010, 10:38 AM
Yes, the bonuses will multiply - artifacts take effect after everything else and on top of everything else. Expect to have to use 422 fully upgraded catapults to take down a single L20 building.

boo125
02 Jan 2011, 05:07 PM
how do you look for them, as in where are the artefacts? do you just attack any places?

Mouse-Keyboard
02 Jan 2011, 05:15 PM
If you have a TC, go into that and it shows you where they are ;)

Yoink
19 Aug 2011, 03:42 PM
Can someone pm me some reports of natar defences please :) Thanks

Samantha78
02 Jan 2012, 10:10 PM
http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?72081-Artefact-defence-numbers I've created a thread with recent (T4) artefact defence numbers - so they are in a safe place the next time I'm asked :D

asgard
21 Jul 2012, 09:02 AM
On t4 can someone tell me if natars village that are holding artefacts are banned for a few hours?
In about 20 hours artefacts will spawn, on s6
I'v heard roumors about them being banned, for up to 12 hours , and looked last hour on forum to see if i can find the correct answer.
First time in T4 and not sure about it
Thank you

kster
23 Jul 2012, 03:08 PM
On t4 can someone tell me if natars village that are holding artefacts are banned for a few hours?
In about 20 hours artefacts will spawn, on s6
I'v heard roumors about them being banned, for up to 12 hours , and looked last hour on forum to see if i can find the correct answer.
First time in T4 and not sure about it
Thank you

From memory they are available as soon as they appear, so be ready to roll out at the time listed.That said, the game changes so often these days there's no guaruntees that what was standard on past servers applies to the present.