PDA

View Full Version : Touched - Top 10 Teuton

Touched
11 Aug 2009, 10:47 AM
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww97/Mrl_Travian/TOP10-1.png

After writing the relaxed guide, I decided I should write a serious guide. This guide is aimed at experienced players, I won't be stopping to mention basics, if you there is a problem with part of the guide PM me. Along with experience a teuton needs commitment, 18 hour a day coverage = contention for a gold raiding medal. But if you have a dual willing to put in 12 hours and you, then it won't hurt. It seems like a waste of time, but a decent start sets you up for a good server. Plus the effort will reep in the rewards...

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww97/Mrl_Travian/Medalllls.png

After following this guide for the first few weeks, this is my medal 'collection' on UK6. This will urge some of you on, medals are overrated though. Bits of [#00] in your profile isn't as amazing as you think.

Also I should mention this is aimed for slow server players.

The Start

I would always start on the evening of day 1, or the the morning of day 2, just to get away from the bustle of the centre. If not, you could always start on the monday morning of week 2. You'll have to wait a bit to catch up. The moment you start purchase 250/600*. Gold isn't a big part of week 1, but I like to use it all up NPCing lovely maces. Once you have started check out your area, can you see a 125/150% 15c near you? Are there enough 4446's to benefit your farming needs? If there are, go for it and buy your gold.

Day 1-3 ~ Beginners Protection

The theory is to get as many maces as you can before you leave BP. I never do this :rolleyes: But some people do, and I thought you should choose for yourself. Option A - Immediatly go for Barracks, just train maces whenever you can, 22 mace is usually what I end up with. Option B - Follow the quests, choose economic, then NPC everytime you have 250 resources = 1 mace. Memorize the numbers 95|75|40|40, handy for the first few weeks, times by 10/100 = 10/100 maces. If you can afford the gold activate all the 25%, and if you really can, activate the 10% for when you're raiding. By day 3 each choosen method will have 20 maces +. Time to get ready to raid, get some sleep, you won't be or the next 3 days.

Day 4-7 ~ Raiding For Gold

Day 4, no one around you will be out of BP, only those at the center, get up the moment the first few people lose their BP, send a raid to them so that your troops are home before the people in your 7x7 run out. Send all your troops, no need to keep any at home. Go back to bed or w/e you were doing, you need to be on the ball for later. Bang, the people around you are out of BP, start raiding them immediatly, aim for sub 9 pop or small teutons. Raid in 5's you should be raking in more than enough to replace any losses. If each 5 mace party comes back full = 300 res, = 1 mace + 50 left overs. Constantly raid, no more than 5, 3/4 will do on safe farms. Plus must be activated, the raiding features are too good to reject for 15 gold. The moment you get a half full bounty, immediatly find someone else. Once you reach 100 mace, hit everything, only upgrade your barracks and train mace, nothing else. If you choose to go for the simming medal, so be it. I sometimes do, depends on how much my area is giving back, constantly raid and constantly train maces, never ever choose anything over maces, that queue has to be constant. Barracks leveling up whenever you can afford to keep a queue going and the costs. By the end of the week you should have a shiny purple medal in your profile and nearing 400 maces. Keep going.

Day 7-14 ~ Raid/Village 2

Day 7 - 10 should be no different to the previous days besides the fact you may start working towards village 2. Many raiders would also like to go for paladins by now. With around 450 mace you should easily afford the reqs. Make sure to keep your mace queue going, never ever stopping, barracks should be 10 or above by now aswell. 500 mace is when I start on village 2, it is quite easy to keep both a paladin queue and a mace queue going at all times. If you cannot then drop the pala queue, not the maces. Get a town hall built, and start your first party. By Day 10, you should be on yuor third party, build all the residence before this, and the settlers during this. Keep building maces, stop on palas around 250, they become difficult to feed. This is when you can begin to work on any infastructure, it's up to you what you do next, TKs/axe are a good investment, alot more powerful than what you have already. Keep going with the maces, there will become a point where you begin to lose more than you can train, this means you need to work on your barracks. Anything above fifteen will do for a while, but always try to get a level in every so often. Your choice of village 2 can affect your gameplay, I would always settle a 4446 next to a decent bonus 15c. Build alot of mace in here aswell, but not much more than 500, and use V1 as a raiding village. Hopefully come 14 days in you have around 1500 mace. Your wheat will now be horrific, around -1750, during week 3, sort it out. Come the end of week 2 you have hopefully elimnated all threats. Watch out for gauls above 90 pop (TT time). Any teutons growing a bit too fast for your liking. Romans can be a threat even with a few legos, they are costly to clear and therefore must be kept under control. Anybody within 3 hours shouldn't have troops.

Week 3/4 ~ Infastructure

If you have kept partying V3 could be settled during this week, but you should be focusing on your current villages aswell. As I mentioned above it may be worth maxing out your fields in V1. This will reduce your wheat situation, but you will still be in minus, but any raiding player can handle the minus. Those who use gold should be eaily able to tame it, but a minimum of a level 13 granary (21,400) should be used, this will give -1k 20 hours when full. You should have two villages developing at a decent rate now. This is a stage where you should consider your fields. Wood/clay/iron and any wheat that you haven't maxed out yet. Getting them to a considerable level also helps out when NPCing wheat, and takes the pressure of your raiding slightly. This week is also the time to work on anything else. If you don't have catapults/TK/axe yet, work on the reqs. Sim a little this week, max out your current villages. It's best to try and keep at least one party going all the time, even two if you are raiding enough out of your village two/three.

Week 4 is the end of the beginning, the Romans/Gauls of the server should already be running around causing havoc, the teutons advantage is gone. You've gained yourself a decent start ahead of them, now maintain it. If you really want to, you should be one of the few in the contest for first conquer. Raiding can slow down now, depend slightly more on fields.

Other Troops

You should be raking in alot of resources, and it would seem any troop is achievable. TKs are a great investment for clearing out everything and anything, and axes to accompany them. It's probably not best to hammer build in Village 1, but a few axe/TK won't hurt. A few catas are good, once you find a active player who is building enough troops to annoy you, cata down his MB/Barracks/Stable/Rally Point. If it's a serious player near to you, crop lock them. After this monitor there pop growth to make sure they aren't building back up. You have to be harsh to get what you want. Scouts are a troop that are very handy. But it's optional whether to train them before week 2/3. After this you will start finding 250 pop + villages that have evaded your raiding. This is where your scouts come in handy, train 10/20 and send 10. Making sure you always have 5+ at home to make sure no one is scouting you.

Raiding

Hopefully you have experience with raiding, but there are some ways it can be made easier, without using anything illegal. From time to time, you will have to send troops out, there could be more than 2000. The one key rule is don't send out big raiding parties, 5 mace 3 palas is a handy number, even less (microraiding) works aswell. If you are not on plus, this method is not possible, and you will just have to put in the effort [see below] On the side of your page, you should have links. You only really need NPC and Overview handy, and people who need clearing out. Make the number of all of them 0. Then link individual 7x7s, do as many as you want, label them how you want (NNWW for example or 2N2W) Just make sure you can understand them. Hit everything within each link, plus will give you flashy swords etc.. If you then have troops left over, time to tab raid. Google Chrome is by far the fastest browser, and in my opinion therefore the best for this. Find a unlinked 7x7 and Shift click every village. Send a raid to each of them, close the tabs and repeat... Keep going until you have 5% of your troops left at home (when reprts come in) [this method is the best for none plus users]

Tips ~ Everything and Anything

Raid in 5's for maces
Raid in 3's for paladins
Take nearby teutons out early
Prevent gauls/romans getting too big.
Never make deals with players.
You don't need a defender.
Keep your mace queue going!
Don't bother raiding further than 7 hours by mace.
Keep 25% wheat and plus on constantly.

Change Log

11/08/09 AM - Created
11/08/09 PM - 'Other Troops' added.
11/08/09 PM - 'Raiding' added, plus more tips.
11/08/09 PM - Layout altered.

ursamajor
11 Aug 2009, 11:02 AM
v nice guide and medals, did you post this cos of cupcakes gaul guide?

I'll post my roman guide up as well.. here it is
SIM2WIN
:D

Touched
11 Aug 2009, 11:04 AM
v nice guide and medals, did you post this cos of cupcakes gaul guide?

I'll post my roman guide up as well.. here it is
SIM2WIN
:D

Naaa, I was hoping someone like greg would post one, but hence he left without doing one. I thought i'd do one.

ursamajor
11 Aug 2009, 11:07 AM
for it to work youd have to raid like crazy to feed that wheat, or put a bit of gold in and npc :P
but its a very good method :P

Touched
11 Aug 2009, 11:08 AM
for it to work youd have to raid like crazy to feed that wheat, or put a bit of gold in and npc :P
but its a very good method :P

Erm, i'm running -2000 and haven't raided since saturday, I've just set up a decent copper and got other fields to a decent level.

Psychoville
11 Aug 2009, 11:11 AM
I was gonna write a proper teut one ^_^

I'll still write it, just not publish it so that I can refer to it if I ever need to.

ursamajor
11 Aug 2009, 11:13 AM
lol, 125% 15c gives very nice wheat even with fields at lvl10 :P
so u can easily feed -2k wheat using that, i did -100k, but that was managing def and there was quite alot of wheat incoming

i might try your method on svr2 and see how long it takes me to get bored of the raiding :D

Touched
11 Aug 2009, 11:14 AM
lol, 125% 15c gives very nice wheat even with fields at lvl10 :P
so u can easily feed -2k wheat using that, i did -100k, but that was managing def and there was quite alot of wheat incoming

i might try your method on svr2 and see how long it takes me to get bored of the raiding :D

I'm talking UK6, no oasis and 5 weeks in :oops: Fields maxed out in my raiding villages and my cropper doing nicely.

ursamajor
11 Aug 2009, 11:16 AM
yeah, that was just the lowest wheat i ever handled for about a day, see you have a simmers medal as well, what is your current rank?

Touched
11 Aug 2009, 11:17 AM
yeah, that was just the lowest wheat i ever handled for about a day, see you have a simmers medal as well, what is your current rank?

18 off the top of my head. I cba to raid, my dual is on holiday for a week, so I can scive :cool:

ursamajor
11 Aug 2009, 11:26 AM
lol, i think most players are on their summer hols right now :D i'd post a roman guide on here, but thers poeple who can do a better job than me :) never raided with romans either, lol

ursamajor
11 Aug 2009, 11:34 AM
anyone else got any thoughts on this guide? i don't wanna be the only one to comment :oops:

x.sarah.x
11 Aug 2009, 01:15 PM
its good (:
one question though, if you have maces constantly building then how do you avoid raids on yourself? all guides i've read seem to miss out the fact that you might get raided when you come out of bp...

Avi
11 Aug 2009, 02:41 PM
one question though, if you have maces constantly building then how do you avoid raids on yourself? all guides i've read seem to miss out the fact that you might get raided when you come out of bp...
Good question.

The starter guides are always interesting to read, but none appear to jump out at the moment.

The guide is too informal and chatty for my liking. Rather than informative and factual, there are sections with personal opinions and comments which add nothing to the guide. It feels like I'm talking to you on the phone.

"After writing the relaxed guide, I decided I should write a serious guide."
"this is my medal 'collection' on UK6."
"This will urge some of you on, medals are overrated though."
"Bits of [#00] in your profile isn't as amazing as you think."
"I never do this :rolleyes: But some people do"
"Time to get ready to raid, get some sleep, you won't be or the next 3 days."
"Go back to bed or w/e you were doing, you need to be on the ball for later."
"If you choose to go for the simming medal, so be it."
"Your wheat will now be horrific, around -1750, during week 3, sort it out."
"Now as I mentioned in my other guide"
"all of this is my gameplay, it seems no one else wanted to open up to travian and post how they play their game. So I did. "

All of this could be cut and better used to answer questions your readers might actually have.

Tullia
11 Aug 2009, 02:48 PM
I don't object to minor personal comments that much, in guides that are more *strategy* guides than more basic factual guides on specific buildings etc. Agreed this guide perhaps goes too far with them, but a few do make it more relaxing and amusing to read: this isn't a guide that is here to answer a question urgently for someone, but one to peruse and consider when planning your strategy for future servers, and so a slightly conversational tone is more appropiate than in, for instance, my guide on how to demolish buildings. I think a friendly - providing it isn't so exagerrated as to impair clarity - is actually useful in making people read the whole way through a guide; if it's too dry it puts people off.

Given that he's rated this as intermediate, it's clearly not going to answer the more basic questions such as "how do you avoid attacks"; most players ready to aim for a top ten raiding medal know the basics of ducking and he does stress online time is an important factor.

That said, some mention of if he bothers to cranny up to a certain level to ensure duck eggs bounty, or if he is prepared to give away resource, would be interesting.

There are unanswered question - how far out do you raid? why do you ignore scouts? how doyou decide whether or not to clear threats?

I think it's a good beginning, but does need more work.

x.sarah.x
11 Aug 2009, 03:41 PM
i agree with Tullia and i do know how to dodge attacks. I thinkt that this guide is suitable for someone of my level, i have some experience but would like some tips on how to improve my game.
with some more improvement i think this could be a very good guide (:

Touched
11 Aug 2009, 04:35 PM
I don't object to minor personal comments that much, in guides that are more *strategy* guides than more basic factual guides on specific buildings etc. Agreed this guide perhaps goes too far with them, but a few do make it more relaxing and amusing to read: this isn't a guide that is here to answer a question urgently for someone, but one to peruse and consider when planning your strategy for future servers, and so a slightly conversational tone is more appropiate than in, for instance, my guide on how to demolish buildings. I think a friendly - providing it isn't so exagerrated as to impair clarity - is actually useful in making people read the whole way through a guide; if it's too dry it puts people off.

Given that he's rated this as intermediate, it's clearly not going to answer the more basic questions such as "how do you avoid attacks"; most players ready to aim for a top ten raiding medal know the basics of ducking and he does stress online time is an important factor.

That said, some mention of if he bothers to cranny up to a certain level to ensure duck eggs bounty, or if he is prepared to give away resource, would be interesting.

There are unanswered question - how far out do you raid? why do you ignore scouts? how doyou decide whether or not to clear threats?

I think it's a good beginning, but does need more work.

Right added scouts in. Tried to make the other two clearer.

The other two I agree with though, I know those answers just haven't put them in so I will now.