PDA

View Full Version : England vs Holland

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 07:03 PM
Ferdinand you eejit!

10 mins in and England are losing 1-0.

Ferdinand a passback completely casual, Kuyt dives in and nicks it away. Goes back on himself to go past Green and then slots it in at the near post.

Poor poor football from England.

Joker Josh
12 Aug 2009, 07:05 PM
sounds like England could do with sum inspiration now only 1 person can do that

Second Heartbeat
12 Aug 2009, 07:06 PM
sounds like England could do with sum inspiration now only 1 person can do that

Bring on Andrew Flintoff:rolleyes:

lako94
12 Aug 2009, 07:08 PM
Bring on Andrew Flintoff:rolleyes:

lol :D but i don't think he would have the same, desired effect in football :P

MISGUIDED
12 Aug 2009, 07:12 PM
Come on ENGLAND! :)

Joker Josh
12 Aug 2009, 07:14 PM
We need Stevie G

Second Heartbeat
12 Aug 2009, 07:15 PM
lol :D but i don't think he would have the same, desired effect in football :P

Well, judging by the hype surrounding him, you might be surprised ;)

simmib
12 Aug 2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone else think beckham is looking dreamy hot tonight??? :D

Sim

ursamajor
12 Aug 2009, 07:39 PM
2-0 holland now :(

MISGUIDED
12 Aug 2009, 07:41 PM
Ferdinand and Bale have a death wish http://www.wackyb.co.nz/skype/smileys_v1.5.0.60/skype-wackyb-0130-devil.gif

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 07:43 PM
Anyone else think beckham is looking dreamy hot tonight??? :D

Sim

No...he looks like a man who dipped his arms in green paint and had someone attack his head with a lawnmower.

We are now 2-0 down btw. Another terrible backpass. This time from Barry, passes it straight to Arjen Robben who runs at Green who makes a great block low to his left. Unfortunately the ball then falls to another Dutch player who smashes it into a now open net.

As I write this it is half time. Overall a poor half. England have been OK in the Dutch half, some decent possession and good attacking moves. It is when we are in our own half that we look vulnerable. Ferdinand looks like he can't be bothered, Johnson is trying but is getting no cover from Ferdinand so Robben is going right past him. Terry has been virtually anonymous so far. The left back even more so, I missed the team sheet and now I don't have a clue who it is.

Whenever we have the ball in our own half we look vulnerable, lackadaisical defending, poor touches, lack of attention and concentration. It has been pretty dire. Sloppy, slow (Andy Townsend is good at summing this up)

There have been two brighter-than-the-rest-but-not-that-bright-really spots. Robert Green has had a decent game between the posts, neither of the goals have been his fault. Him, and the two frontment who have had a solid if ordinary game.

edit:

Ferdinand and Bale have a death wish http://www.wackyb.co.nz/skype/smileys_v1.5.0.60/skype-wackyb-0130-devil.gif

Bale??? He's Welsh :S I think you mean Barry :)

MISGUIDED
12 Aug 2009, 07:50 PM
Bale??? He's Welsh :S I think you mean Barry :)

Yeah, i always get mixed up with them too xD

both first names gareth or gary maybe the problem :D

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, i always get mixed up with them too xD

both first names gareth or gary maybe the problem :D

Yeah Gareth Bale, Gareth Barry.

Bale is Welsh and plays for Tottenham. He is fairly poor, he holds an unenviable record that Tottenham have never won when he started or came on as a substitute (something like 30 games :P).

Barry, moved from Aston Villa to Manchester City this summer. Decent player, a poor man's Gerrard.

Let's have a better second half.

COME ON ENGLAND!

Edit: 2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFOE! 3 MINS AFTER COMING ON!!!!!!!!! Maybe we might take something from this game after all.

chris567
12 Aug 2009, 07:55 PM
2-1 by defoe :)

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 07:56 PM
2-1 by defoe :)

WOO!! WOO!! I'm a bit happier now :)

MISGUIDED
12 Aug 2009, 08:00 PM
We need shearer or a replica of him :rolleyes:

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 08:05 PM
We need shearer or a replica of him :rolleyes:

I think we need two things,

1) a properly good keeper rather than, ancient (James) or Noobs (Foster, Green etc)

2) A good striker to accompany Rooney. Heskey is a bit old and can't score. Owen is looking a bit past it at the moment. Defoe, Carlton Cole, Darren Bent etc are alright and can do a job but are hardly the standard we would like.

MISGUIDED
12 Aug 2009, 08:15 PM
I think we need two things,

1) a properly good keeper rather than, ancient (James) or Noobs (Foster, Green etc)

2) A good striker to accompany Rooney. Heskey is a bit old and can't score. Owen is looking a bit past it at the moment. Defoe, Carlton Cole, Darren Bent etc are alright and can do a job but are hardly the standard we would like.

Who else can team up with rooney though & which English keeper can fill in?

chris567
12 Aug 2009, 08:15 PM
For the strikers how about Agbonlahor? He's young and pretty good.

chris567
12 Aug 2009, 08:22 PM
2-2 from defoe :)
sorry for double post.

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 08:23 PM

I said that that was what we NEEDED no what we actually have :(

For the strikers how about Agbonlahor? He's young and pretty good.

I'm not a big fan of Agbonlahor, he has got bags of pace but absolutely appalling finishing, he is also a lazy *ahem* he rarely runs full pelt more than twice a match.

2-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:

2-2 from defoe :)
sorry for double post.

Thats why the edit button exists :)

Edit 2: OOOOOH! I have discovered who the Left Back is/was. It was Ashley Cole. I only know because he has just been replaced by Wayne Bridge :P

Joker Josh
12 Aug 2009, 08:34 PM
yey 2-2 v the dutch lol were crap

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 08:37 PM
yey 2-2 v the dutch lol were crap

Why are we poor because we a drawing 2-2 with the Dutch. They are a good side. We have played very poorly. But before the game I would have taken a 2-2.

daboy
12 Aug 2009, 08:48 PM
holland has a good team :D

or england is just poop

either way c'mon the mighty dutch

Destine
12 Aug 2009, 08:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of Agbonlahor, he has got bags of pace but absolutely appalling finishing, he is also a lazy *ahem* he rarely runs full pelt more than twice a match.

'Absolutely appalling finishing'? :eek: He was in the top scorers in double figures before Villa slumped after Christmas. He's got a good shot on him; seeing a few Villa games on Match of the Day isn't enough for you to form an analysis of the player. :rolleyes:

kyge
12 Aug 2009, 09:01 PM

maybe Owen when he is back at his best with United :D
also you have defoe or crouch, not heard much of vassel (think thats it) lol

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 09:15 PM
'Absolutely appalling finishing'? :eek: He was in the top scorers in double figures before Villa slumped after Christmas. He's got a good shot on him; seeing a few Villa games on Match of the Day isn't enough for you to form an analysis of the player. :rolleyes:

I went to 9 Villa League games last season. And all their home european games. Maybe I saw bad games but he was by no means incredible. Is that enough?

ViRuS
12 Aug 2009, 09:17 PM
I went to 9 Villa League games last season. And all their home european games. Maybe I saw bad games but he was by no means incredible. Is that enough?

lol owned

but still , gabby aint that bad

Darkest
12 Aug 2009, 09:21 PM
England were far better than Holland on the night. The score line somewhat flatter the Dutch. Obviously they were better in the first half, although they didn't actually create a chance themselves, and in the second half was pretty much all England. After seeing the game England should have won.

Singalong
12 Aug 2009, 09:28 PM
lol owned

but still , gabby aint that bad

Maybe I was a little harsh. I think that he gets a lot of goals because he has pace and so gets lots of 1 on 1s. The problem is that whenever he comes up against a defender who is only a little bit slower rather than a lot he is effectively neutralised.

When you get to a World cup finals competition, who do you think that Agbonlahor is going to come up against? Lots and lots of defenders who surrender loads to him in terms of pace. Or a majority who are a bit slower, but are experienced, and quick enough to block him off or just get a toe on the ball as he tries to shoot. I doubt he would feature.

deadman786
13 Aug 2009, 10:38 AM
why not jack wilshere behind rooney.

If only England had a drogba like striker they would be very hard to stop

MISGUIDED
13 Aug 2009, 10:41 AM
why not jack wilshere behind rooney.

If only England had a drogba like striker they would be very hard to stop

They do have sol Campbell he works wonders :D

Darkest
13 Aug 2009, 01:19 PM
Carlton Cole is Awesome.
Wayne Rooney is Awesome.
Jermaine Defoe is Awesome.
Peter Crouch is Okay.

Michael Owen, hopefully, will be Awesome again.
Darren Bent may also get a chance to prove himself, he has an amazing scoring record in the premier league.

Walcott, Agbonlahor, Heskey etc. Are good at times, but they are very inconsistent. By the world cup England should have a squad with the capabilities of challenging to lift the cup.