PDA

View Full Version : Culture Points

Crannys
17 Aug 2009, 02:36 PM
Culture Points

Section 1: What are Culture Points?
Section 2: How do I see how many culture points I have/need?
Section 3: Town Hall?
Section 4: Long Term Suppliers of Culture Points

What are Culture Points?

Culture points are required for settling a new village. You can gain points by leveling up buildings and resource fields. You can also host partys in Town Halls more on that in Section 3.
This is a link to the page which tells you what buildings give culture points and how many culture points are required to settle. :) (http://help.travian.com/index.php?type=faq&mod=532 )
The amount of points required to settle changes depending what server you are on. On Speed the amount of points required is less and on a "Classic Server" (Server 6 on .uk) it varies.

How do I see how many points I have/need?

To see how many culture points you have you MUST have a palace or a residence.
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/Palace.jpg or http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/ResidencePicture.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/PalaceScreen.jpg

Follow my instruction :D.

You will then be presented with a picture like this.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/CulturePointsScreen.jpg

The key to the lines is in the bottom-left corner.

Town Hall?

A town hall is a building which requires a Level10 Academy and a Level 10 Main Building. http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/TownHall.jpg

In the Town Hall you can host Small Tea Partys or Grand Balls. At level 1 a Small Tea Party take 24 hours to complete and gives you 500 culture points. At level 10 you are given the optition of hosting a Grand Ball. A Grand Ball gives you 2000 culture points but cost's more.
Here are the cost's. It is to 2 decimal places.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/CostandResper1CP.jpg

Grand Ball's cost more than Small Tea Partys on a CP Ratio but take less time to generate the same amount of Culture Points.

The time taken for each party reduces for each level you have upgraded your hall. Here are the times per level for both type of parties.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Chris_Scotland_09/PartyDuration.jpg

Long Term Suppliers of Culture Points

Buildings which give good culture points are, Treasure Chamber which at Level 20 gives 230 points per day, next is the Town Hall and the Palace which both give 192 points per day and in 3rd place is the Academy and an Embassy which both generate 153 Culture Points.

To upgrade an Treasure Chamber (Produce's the most Culture Points/Day) from Level 0 to 20 cost's
Wood: 1,115,675 Clay: 1,061,440 Iron: 999,460 Wheat: 383,505 which is ALOT so I would advise that you make an Embassy for CP. Which cost's Wood: 88955 Clay: 64250 Iron: 74135 Wheat: 39530 which is ALOT less. It does produce 80CP less per day but you can build more than one embassy for less. An added bonus is that your alliance would have a back-up embassy. It would take about 40 days for the Embassy to prove cheaper than hosting Grand Balls for the equivilant cost. Party's are, I would say for short term settling and are not the best Server-Long supplier of CP for cost.

First Guide!

Please let me know you views on this guide. :D

Summer Holidays. I was bored. :D

Picture's and Writing By Cranny's.

major biscuit
17 Aug 2009, 02:46 PM
a very helpful guide

jezame
17 Aug 2009, 03:55 PM
a very good guide for culture points:):D;)

supestan2
17 Aug 2009, 06:21 PM
amazing guide with good pictures

Tullia
17 Aug 2009, 07:14 PM
I'd like to see some analysis of the cost/benefit ratio of CP for each party type. Also comment on time taken and strategy which to go for.

An explanation that different servers have different CP requirements would be good.

While you link to the the page showing what each building earns, I think some mention of what to build to maximise CP (cost effectively) is worth it.

I suggested this as a subject for a guide a while ago; http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?p=890521#post866223 - there's a list of things I think should be covered as part of it, if you need some inspiration :)

I think it's a good start but more fleshing out would make it more comprehensive. I like some of the illustrations such as the one showing how to see how many CP you have, but think the random ones of the buildings don't help much, and don't fit into the text well, stretching it too much.

Crannys
17 Aug 2009, 09:40 PM
The small picture's were to show COMPLETE noobs what they looked like. I had meant to say what building's were good for CP. Thanks for the Constructive Critism. :D I got this idea off your list.

Have tried to incorporate most of the Constructive Critism into the guide. Including your's Darkest.

Added Extra Section!

Darkest
17 Aug 2009, 09:52 PM
Like what's better, upgrading an embassy to level 20, or throwing small/large parties? In the short term and long term?

Crannys
18 Aug 2009, 12:11 PM
Tulia can you change the Prefix to [Any Player]? I think that I went a bit to deep for a Complete Noob. :D Please? I'll buy a Panda Car from Fiat (I'm 13) :D. :tullia:

Tullia
18 Aug 2009, 12:18 PM
done :)

Crannys
18 Aug 2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks. :D :tullia:

septimus ii
14 Nov 2009, 02:26 PM
It's an excellent start, but still needs a bit more , I think.

Firstly, can you spread it out even more. Most of your pictures have lots of text in them and it's a little bit tricky to see where picture ends and your texts resumes.

Secondly, I think your analysis of CP buildings needs changed. For example, the TC provides 50% more CPs than an embassy (on lvl 20) but it costs more than 13x as much - I would prefer 13 embassies! You could also mention mixing up benefits ie a marketplace is quite good for CPs and is very important for moving res about. This is a very complicated field, but it would be amazing if you could manage it.

Finally, it would be good if you could mention any differences in strategy between speed and normal servers. In my very limited understanding, Parties are tripled in speed, whereas buildings aren't. This might make parties a much more viable option on speed than on a normal server.

Well done again for what you've done so far.

Cretin
14 Nov 2009, 08:29 PM
Additions:

If you have culture buildings and party then you get more culture than just doing one

Cranny has the highest CP/wheat consumption, therefore if you conquer a town with a cranny it's a good idea not to demolish it if you do not have to

Level 1 buildings make huge CP:cost, so in a new town throw up a lot of level 1 buildings to increase CP. At start of server this is good i.e. level 1 embassy, cranny, etc make good CP:cost

link to http://travian.kirilloid.ru/culture.php and explanation of how this works - red is bad, yellow is good for levels of buildings for culture

When throwing parties it is a good idea to have a level 4-5 town hall, slow server, or I think 10 for speed server (confirmation please). This means that when you throw a party it takes 20 hrs, and finishes around 4hrs before you wake up in the morning, ready for a new party when you wake up.

Large party:Small party benefits - more small parties are better, though large parties increase chiefing power

Maybe tidy up the text a bit, the current syntax is a little bit stunted - I am probably not the person for this, but have noticed some of our mods are v good linguists...

Singalong
14 Nov 2009, 11:58 PM
Large party:Small party benefits - more small parties are better, though large parties increase chiefing power

I would disagree with this...more big parties are better, the res:CP isn't as good but the time:CP is much much better.

With a level ten Town Hall the time taken for 4 small parties takes a shade over 69 hours. A big party only takes 43. That means in the same time as four small parties you could have 1.6 big parties.

That clearly shows that the big party is more effective. 3200 CPs or 2000?

Cretin
15 Nov 2009, 12:37 AM
I would disagree with this...more big parties are better, the res:CP isn't as good but the time:CP is much much better.

With a level ten Town Hall the time taken for 4 small parties takes a shade over 69 hours. A big party only takes 43. That means in the same time as four small parties you could have 1.6 big parties.

That clearly shows that the big party is more effective. 3200 CPs or 2000?

I totally agree if you have the resources. But in 45 towns 40 small parties is better than 10 large parties going and nothing in the other towns. It is up to the player to decide what is important:

culture/time

culture/resources

culture/(time x resources) is the likely scenario - a balanced game.

Realistically if you throw big parties in every feeder on a slow server you end up spending around 40% ish of the towns total resources on partying. If you throw small parties it is around 25%. So how much of your % res do you devote to partying, and how much goes into troop production? Of course at the very end of the game if you stop/decrease partying you can turn more resources into troops, but you have to stop partying at some point, and hope that you have a great culture base to keep going...

Raiding of course can supplement your income, but again, it's ultimately about how much CP you can get for minimum input. This means you have more res to spend on other things - armies, capital, new town development, defence, chiefs etc.

Just my two cents...

Deuce
15 Nov 2009, 11:15 AM
Grand balls - 38% more efficient than Small Tea Parties (time)
Small Tea Parties - 20% more efficient than Grand Balls (resources)

This is true for all levels of town hall above 10.

Singalong
15 Nov 2009, 01:09 PM
I totally agree if you have the resources. But in 45 towns 40 small parties is better than 10 large parties going and nothing in the other towns. It is up to the player to decide what is important:

Your example is flawed lol. If you have got 45 towns then res is not ever going to be a problem for you :P.

I have found that once I passed the 15 village mark, there or there abouts I can start running Grand balls, and combined with raiding I am pulling in enough res to have a Barracks, Great Barracks, Stable and Workshop running constantly. Equally, once I pass about the 20 village marker I can do the same with the Great Stables. The more CPs I get, the more villages I get which means the less I have to raid and the more Grandballs become worth it.

Cretin
15 Nov 2009, 03:46 PM
Your example is flawed lol. If you have got 45 towns then res is not ever going to be a problem for you :P.

I have found that once I passed the 15 village mark, there or there abouts I can start running Grand balls, and combined with raiding I am pulling in enough res to have a Barracks, Great Barracks, Stable and Workshop running constantly. Equally, once I pass about the 20 village marker I can do the same with the Great Stables. The more CPs I get, the more villages I get which means the less I have to raid and the more Grandballs become worth it.

This is assuming you are running only one army...and don't have the academic artifact. I am not suggesting making a guide for only elite players, but a guide for 'any player' should cover all situations.

MouthOfTGR
01 Dec 2009, 05:27 PM
Additions:

Cranny has the highest CP/wheat consumption, therefore if you conquer a town with a cranny it's a good idea not to demolish it if you do not have to

thatīs such a bad an advice.
the limiting factor is space, not wheat consum

cmon, did you ever hear anyone building crannies for cp?

@to the guide. nice, but what about strategies?

NosajDraw
02 Dec 2009, 03:13 PM
I wanted to add to the party discussion.

More parties equals more villages, more villages equals more resources, more resources means more army...

I have (and have had) accounts where I have run 20 or more Grand Balls simultanously, and I currently have an account with 4 villages one of which runs Grand Balls 24x7.

It may have been beaten now, but in the previous UK6 round I set the UK record for most villages.

MouthOfTGR
02 Dec 2009, 03:32 PM
I wanted to add to the party discussion.

More parties equals more villages, more villages equals more resources, more resources means more army...

I have (and have had) accounts where I have run 20 or more Grand Balls simultanously, and I currently have an account with 4 villages one of which runs Grand Balls 24x7.

It may have been beaten now, but in the previous UK6 round I set the UK record for most villages.

theres no doubt that understanding that the first thing to do when settling a new village is main building level 10, academy lvl 10, town hall and then party is key to get lots of villages early on - and that this should be done BEFORE you go for ress fields. parties always get priority early in the game.

a much more interesting question would be: when should you stop, if at all, making new villages? perhaps someone can help with the math on that

NosajDraw
02 Dec 2009, 07:53 PM
theres no doubt that understanding that the first thing to do when settling a new village is main building level 10, academy lvl 10, town hall and then party is key to get lots of villages early on - and that this should be done BEFORE you go for ress fields. parties always get priority early in the game.Actually I never do this, I am increasingly devoting more time and resources to early parties, buts thats in response to the way others are playing, on the 3 servers where I've been ranked #1 by pop, I've always been slow to get parties going hard and long.

a much more interesting question would be: when should you stop, if at all, making new villages? perhaps someone can help with the math on thatI think the depends on your goal. On UK6 I wanted the record, so obvioulsy there was no point in stopping, if you want to build a huge WW hammer, once your reach the point where you can run the barracks, G barracks, Stable, G Stable and worhsop 24x7 without running out of resources it would be there, but people have various goals for their accounts a guide to maximising CP is great for all, where to stop is going to be specific to tribes, wether you have gold, and game aims.

Darkest
02 Dec 2009, 08:36 PM
All smart gold users will instant build a village to CP/Production maximisation by day 1, day 2 latest. Then after the first supplied resources for a party you can then throw the next days party with the production of the village itself, in theory.

NosajDraw
02 Dec 2009, 10:20 PM
All smart gold users will instant build a village to CP/Production maximisation by day 1, day 2 latest. Then after the first supplied resources for a party you can then throw the next days party with the production of the village itself, in theory.Some gold users, who want to achieve large pop early and can afford to do that, will do that. There are many variables to say "all smart gold users".

MouthOfTGR
03 Dec 2009, 09:51 AM
Actually I never do this, I am increasingly devoting more time and resources to early parties, buts thats in response to the way others are playing, on the 3 servers where I've been ranked #1 by pop, I've always been slow to get parties going hard and long.

I think the depends on your goal. On UK6 I wanted the record, so obvioulsy there was no point in stopping, if you want to build a huge WW hammer, once your reach the point where you can run the barracks, G barracks, Stable, G Stable and worhsop 24x7 without running out of resources it would be there, but people have various goals for their accounts a guide to maximising CP is great for all, where to stop is going to be specific to tribes, wether you have gold, and game aims.

well, first of all: getting most villages is a goal i cant identify with, nor being nr 1 on population.

i certainly wont neglect that there IS prestige connected to high pop, and prestige can play an important role on a psychological level in warfare and diplomacy. however, so many other aspects play in here that it is hard to measure it.

as a defensive player, its certainly good to have very many villages as this will make you able to produce and reproduce defense and makes it hard to take you out of the game. same goes for a player who is working as a wheat/ress supplier for off-players/ww.

for an offensive players, being able to produce troops 24/7 is one aspect. But this you will achieve on a relativ early stage, and people tend to get new villages after that. this is certainly since the limiting factor often is feeding that army too. so the decisive question here would be:
- when do i stop investing ress in parties/villages and instead fill up my granaries/warehouses to feed that ever growing army? i think that could be an interesting question and that there is room for strategies here. instead of the normal village setup you would make certain villages to warehouse/granary only villages.

(the fact that you get nr 1 on pop and are not throwing as many parties in the beginning .... i can not follow what is good about that? actually, it is smart to get as many villages as possible soon. and its less important to have them later... i cannot see a good reason to not invest in parties early on, unless it is becaue you prioritize army. but ressource fields should certainly not get the priority)

Cretin
12 Dec 2009, 06:31 PM
thatīs such a bad an advice.
the limiting factor is space, not wheat consum

cmon, did you ever hear anyone building crannies for cp?

@to the guide. nice, but what about strategies?

On speed server space is at a premium. On a normal server there is normally space for one or two other buildings in a feeder, unless you are just building things for population. As I mentioned regarding crannies, this is culture/low population for someone interested in culture and keeping their pop low, so that their population bonus is not affected. You have several players here talking about being rank 1 etc, having most towns etc. The problem with being rank 1 has always been that when you attack other players your army gets screwed over by pop bonus. If you can get some of those culture points from lower pop buildings (it may not be as much culture), then this is an alternative for the more aggressive player.

I am not the rank 1 player on my server, am rank 11, rank 4 by number of villages, and some ranked above have 5 less villages. Croppers and being very careful about how you get your culture mean that some of the players ranked above me are 25% higher in pop, but they have just 2 more villages - so if they wanted to attack me then their pop bonus > resource bonus for those towns.

So, I guess I have heard of people being very calculating in their decisions of what they build to get culture ;)

FYI cranny CP/res is also rather high, so why not if you have the space...

ElfieUK
14 Dec 2009, 10:55 AM
Is there a table that shows what CP level goes with expansion. Example:
Your villages have produced 213050 culture points so far. To found or conquer a new village, you need 191000 culture points.
What are the jumps? what will next be needed after 191000 CP's?

Tullia
14 Dec 2009, 11:21 AM
http://help.travian.co.uk/index.php?type=faq&mod=532

NosajDraw
14 Dec 2009, 03:43 PM
(the fact that you get nr 1 on pop and are not throwing as many parties in the beginning .... i can not follow what is good about that? actually, it is smart to get as many villages as possible soon. and its less important to have them later... i cannot see a good reason to not invest in parties early on, unless it is becaue you prioritize army. but ressource fields should certainly not get the priority)I'd have to look at the maths to be certain about when is best to get more villages, although whilst I suspect you are right, more earlier is better, like I say it's never hampered me.

But you mis-understand I never said my strategy was good, or that it was best or even better. I just said I don't do what others have said, and that not doing so has not prevented me from being #1 by pop.

Cretin
15 Dec 2009, 11:36 AM
I've rarely seen the person at the start stay rank 1. Generally early rank 1 are the players rushing for v2 and the big raiders. These players are not necessarily the big builders, but more aggressive people who are more likely to lose it all if they don't play smart. The eventual rank 1 players normally come up later with a more steady build, building WWKs, who don't lose their armies as often as the people who were top 20 at the start.

It's all about what kind of game you want to play.

MouthOfTGR
16 Dec 2009, 02:54 PM
FYI cranny CP/res is also rather high, so why not if you have the space...

i do not argue that it is not good to have a low pop ratio compared to crop/ress production an army.
Surely, if you do have the extra free space, why not keep them? But although they might have a good cp/wheat consume ratio, under the line they add so few cp that its just silly to bring them into a guide discussing cp strategies. I mean, how many crannies does it take to give the same effect as a lvl 20 embassy or academy? See my point?

there are other aspects to consider, and although high pop is negative, i never have any free building slots in my villages. extra warehouses and granaries for instance always come in handy, in any account. so then the question is which buildings give the best value for the space/ress, and then we actually do end up with embassy, market place, academy, treasury and town hall. yes, lots of pop. but it you really want to avoid it, then just forget about building cps and go for parties all the way, on the cost that you might have a few villages less but on the other hand more free wheat, more ress and less pop as well.

I'd have to look at the maths to be certain about when is best to get more villages, although whilst I suspect you are right, more earlier is better, like I say it's never hampered me.

But you mis-understand I never said my strategy was good, or that it was best or even better. I just said I don't do what others have said, and that not doing so has not prevented me from being #1 by pop.

lets drop the nr 1 pop discussion as noone really wants to be nr 1 on pop

there are two aspects to this:
you want as much as ress as early as possible
you want as many villages as possible late in the game to feed the space
if you play right, you will get lvl 19 fields anyway. so if you do not invest in cp very hard early on, you might end up with more pop, but surely less villages than a player investing big in cp throughout the server.
there is a reason why the best players tend to have most villages as well (as far as they are able to spend enough time on this silly game, that is) and thats just this point. 3-4 extra villages in the end can be quite a bit more wheat if we talk croppers.

Please use the edit button instead of double posting. Thanks

Cretin
16 Dec 2009, 09:04 PM
i do not argue that it is not good to have a low pop ratio compared to crop/ress production an army.
Surely, if you do have the extra free space, why not keep them? But although they might have a good cp/wheat consume ratio, under the line they add so few cp that its just silly to bring them into a guide discussing cp strategies. I mean, how many crannies does it take to give the same effect as a lvl 20 embassy or academy? See my point?

there are other aspects to consider, and although high pop is negative, i never have any free building slots in my villages. extra warehouses and granaries for instance always come in handy, in any account. so then the question is which buildings give the best value for the space/ress, and then we actually do end up with embassy, market place, academy, treasury and town hall. yes, lots of pop. but it you really want to avoid it, then just forget about building cps and go for parties all the way, on the cost that you might have a few villages less but on the other hand more free wheat, more ress and less pop as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what use are multiple warehouses and granaries in a 6c feeder? If you have all factories, embassy, academy, trade office etc, you should have 2 free building slots (plus level 3 barracks, level 3 blacksmith, level 10 stables) by my calculation. If you build more, then you are building for pop, building extra building for pop/culture, or you are doing something else. There are 2 slots here that you can build something with. Here I would personally look at putting a low level cranny for 3-4 CP, and another granary in case I need to defend this town and want more than 80k granary. I have already stated that if this was a speed server, you would use these two slots for granary/warehouse, but in slow server, in my opinion, you would save the population, throw parties, and send those resources to your army.

What is this town missing? (9c level 10 fields finished: 666 pop)

http://i47.tinypic.com/egcq9t.png

MouthOfTGR
17 Dec 2009, 09:08 AM
it really depends on what kind of player you are.

now this thread is about culture points so id say a treasury.

there are other concerns than cps in this game though

a second warehouse would be nice, even in a feeder village. less stress, and easier to rebuild up if you get in a destructive attack taking out one of the warehouses.

if you are concerned about pop, you should of course take down the blacksmith and the stable.
however, the blacksmith i would probably replace with an armory in most cases, for deff in the end game. the stable i would consider keeping as a gaul player only. even a tournament square might be interesting for deff if you lost the off an concentrates on this.

for an off player, storing wheat in several villages can be important. thus i do not mind to have 3-4 granaries in feeder villages. makes them easier to defend as well.

on another note, the cranny you have there gives exactly 1 - one - culture point. Now if you wanna waste a few clicks and upgrade it to a lvl 10 cranny it will give you 6 - six - culture points. What a great strategy. Cmon.

Cretin
17 Dec 2009, 09:14 AM
Heh, I'm not that so desperately concerned about pop that I'm demolishing things - and this is a general guide* Extra granary and warehouse - you can clear your feeders easy enough - if you need more, raise your TO for more CP as well imo...having talked to a few people in my alliance they just don't find the need for multiple warehouse granary - they take about 20-30 hrs to max 1 except in 15c - if you are not online in that time then someone will empty it for you - like me :christmas:

Level 1 buildings give good CP/cost, so the low level barracks/stable are probably worth keeping...demolishing things for pop are probably not worth it from a CP perspective until the very end, and by then you are hitting WW which is pop-neutral anyway.

MouthOfTGR
17 Dec 2009, 09:16 AM
- they take about 20-30 hrs to max 1 except in 15c - if you are not online in that time then someone will empty it for you - like me :christmas:
i have often been less online. still noone found it suitable to attack me. perhaps thats the reason why our opinions are different.