PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich Town

Lord Sauron
01 Sep 2009, 02:52 PM
Hi everybody, Lord Sauron here. I was just wondering if there are any other Ipswich supporters, like me, on the forum.

If so, did you know that the bids for Grant Leadbitter and Carlos Edwards have been accepted and what you think of our poor start to the season.

If you are not, what do you think of the mighty Ipswich!

Hrbdefender
01 Sep 2009, 03:02 PM
Well, you asked me for my view on the um "mighty" Ipswich Town.

For starters, you all seem to think you are as you said "mighty" and far superior to any other team. Despite not winning anything of worth in 17 years. You also seem to believe that by having some money you can buy success, when clearly this is not the case. And by appointing a manager of the likes of Roy Keane you are automatically guaranteed success. Doesn't seem to be going that way does it? When was the last time you heard a manager/commentator/opposing fan say they were "scared or feared an Ipswich team"? Or x seasons Ipswich team will be in with a good chance of winning the league? Ipswich seem to live in the past, oh do you remember when Bobby Robson#s Ipswich and so on. Also, this is aimed at you yourself, you seem to mock other teams, like there is no tomorrow, simply because they are not Ipswich.

Lord Sauron
01 Sep 2009, 03:10 PM
Well, you asked me for my view on the um "mighty" Ipswich Town.

For starters, you all seem to think you are as you said "mighty" and far superior to any other team. Despite not winning anything of worth in 17 years. You also seem to believe that by having some money you can buy success, when clearly this is not the case. And by appointing a manager of the likes of Roy Keane you are automatically guaranteed success. Doesn't seem to be going that way does it? When was the last time you heard a manager/commentator/opposing fan say they were "scared or feared an Ipswich team"? Or x seasons Ipswich team will be in with a good chance of winning the league? Ipswich seem to live in the past, oh do you remember when Bobby Robson#s Ipswich and so on. Also, this is aimed at you yourself, you seem to mock other teams, like there is no tomorrow, simply because they are not Ipswich.

Thats not true, I only mock Norwich!

(And maybe Colchester!)

Nathan/Yuppers
01 Sep 2009, 03:29 PM
I am an Ipswich Fan

I am happy with these signings, especially Leadbitter, i would say that we got them for a tad over what i expected, but none the less we got them. I just hope these signings will boost the confidence in the team, and that we can push on now and really aim for promotion, we have middlesborough next away, and i hope we can put in a good performance and show them what we've got.
Blue Army!

Oh and may i ask what have norwich won in the last few years? or even decades? :P

kyge
01 Sep 2009, 03:31 PM
I'm a Ipswich fan aswell, but you cant mock Colchester after their first game of the season :D

Lord Sauron
01 Sep 2009, 03:33 PM
I'm a Ipswich fan aswell, but you cant mock Colchester after their first game of the season :D

True, we have got to give them a bit of credit for that!:D

Nathan/Yuppers
01 Sep 2009, 03:33 PM

What was their first game of the season i can not remember :P

I heard it was 7-1, but i can never pin-point the oppenents. :)

D3moralizer
01 Sep 2009, 03:38 PM
Oh and may i ask what have norwich won in the last few years? or even decades? :P

What they have won would however be completely irrelevant to his point. Why does he need to back up his team when he raised relevant points about the one you started a thread about? Do you not understand how arguing works?

Nathan/Yuppers
01 Sep 2009, 03:54 PM
What they have won would however be completely irrelevant to his point. Why does he need to back up his team when he raised relevant points about the one you started a thread about? Do you not understand how arguing works?

I am learning. .
Give me time. ;) It was only a comparment to the two family friendly clubs.

Big Fat Joe
01 Sep 2009, 05:09 PM
good signings i think,need a center back really, poor old bitter narwich fan, dont need to brag about what weve done in the past just look at u in league 1 makes me happy

Lord Sauron
02 Sep 2009, 07:14 AM
I like Lee Martin, I think he is the best player of the season so far.

Nathan/Yuppers
02 Sep 2009, 03:04 PM
I like Lee Martin, I think he is the best player of the season so far.

Yes defintly, and i think walters has been playing a lot better than last year.
I personally think Wright should be captain but bruce is a fantastic player i just hope it doesn't get to him.

Jonny Red
02 Sep 2009, 04:42 PM
what is Roy Keane not doing at the moment that he first did when he took over down there at the back end of last season? I'm guessing its a pressure factor as well as partly needing time for new players to gel in.

Norwich had to resort to tea leafing a decent manager, maybe that 7-1 was a deliberate ploy! ;)

Hrbdefender
02 Sep 2009, 06:11 PM

As D3mo said, why should it matter what Norwich have won or haven't won in the past few years? The reason why I stated Ipswich haven't won anything in almost two decades, was simply because the OP said "mighty", and he asked for views on Ipswich.

Just to add, Norwich won the Division One title in the 03/04 season, and will be the last team ever to win that title :)

Lord Sauron
03 Sep 2009, 06:16 AM
Yesterday it was announced that Ipswich have signed theis Rosinoir dude from Reading on a Season Loan deal. He is a defender and supposed to be really good.

Jonny Red
03 Sep 2009, 09:19 AM
Just to add, Norwich won the Division One title in the 03/04 season, and will be the last team ever to win that title :)

Eh?? Ah you mean when it was called Nationwide division 1 before the Championship came in :D

Unless you're referring to Norwich United in the Eastern Counties League ;)

Hrbdefender
03 Sep 2009, 11:08 AM
Yesterday it was announced that Ipswich have signed theis Rosinoir dude from Reading on a Season Loan deal. He is a defender and supposed to be really good.

"Supposed to be really good", Andy Gray better watch out, you'll be getting his job soon enough

Eh?? Ah you mean when it was called Nationwide division 1 before the Championship came in :D

Unless you're referring to Norwich United in the Eastern Counties League ;)

Well hence the reason why I said the 03/04 season, and why I said "last team to win it"

Gouranga
03 Sep 2009, 08:05 PM
Leeds were the last team to win the proper division 1 title in 91/92

Lord Sauron
04 Sep 2009, 05:51 AM
"Supposed to be really good", Andy Gray better watch out, you'll be getting his job soon enough

Well hence the reason why I said the 03/04 season, and why I said "last team to win it"

Just because Ipswich are in the championship and Norwich are not doesn't mean you can take it out on all Ipswich fans you come into contact with.

D3moralizer
04 Sep 2009, 07:43 PM
Just because Ipswich are in the championship and Norwich are not doesn't mean you can take it out on all Ipswich fans you come into contact with.

I'll say this again. Why the hell does it matter what team he supports. You made a thread about IPSWICH, If he supported a team like Chelsea/Arsenal why would he be any more or less qualified to make comments about Ipswich. The fact you have not responded to a single point he has made and instead resorted to mudslinging at the team he supports hints towards a very simple thing, He is right. I don't know much about football but it's clear you cannot make any come backs to him so either answer his points or be quiet.

Lord Sauron
05 Sep 2009, 12:25 PM
I'll say this again. Why the hell does it matter what team he supports. You made a thread about IPSWICH, If he supported a team like Chelsea/Arsenal why would he be any more or less qualified to make comments about Ipswich. The fact you have not responded to a single point he has made and instead resorted to mudslinging at the team he supports hints towards a very simple thing, He is right. I don't know much about football but it's clear you cannot make any come backs to him so either answer his points or be quiet.

All I said was that I supported Ipswich, and if anybody else on the forum saupported them too. I used the term "mighty Ipswich" as a laguh and a joke, which Hrb obviously took completely the wrong way. He replied saying how Ipswich have not won anything in years, that all Ipswich fans live in the past, and tat I personally slag all other teams apart from Ipswich. I shouldn't have risen to it admittedly but I was not expecting such a vicious reply/attack to an innocent thread.

D3moralizer
05 Sep 2009, 01:30 PM
what do you think of the mighty Ipswich!

You asked a question which i have even quoted you saying. If you just wanted to find other supporters and bask in Ipswich's glory you should have phrased it very differently.

Nathan/Yuppers
05 Sep 2009, 09:19 PM
Woah, people. This is getting serious :)

Well anyway ON TOPIC, i think ipswich will finish 5th-10th, I actually don't think Roy Keane has had a great start but he will change it soon, i hope. . ., i just hope we can get our attendences up, and get the fans buzzing again :P.

Lord Sauron
07 Sep 2009, 05:04 AM
Woah, people. This is getting serious :)

Well anyway ON TOPIC, i think ipswich will finish 5th-10th, I actually don't think Roy Keane has had a great start but he will change it soon, i hope. . ., i just hope we can get our attendences up, and get the fans buzzing again :P.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been to two home games this season and neither have been buzzing. We are only just making 20'000, sometimes less. I hope you're right about the 5th-10th prediction, the fans need a bit of excitement instead of mid-table mediocroty.

Nathan/Yuppers
07 Sep 2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been to two home games this season and neither have been buzzing. We are only just making 20'000, sometimes less. I hope you're right about the 5th-10th prediction, the fans need a bit of excitement instead of mid-table mediocroty.

It does sometimes help if you sit in the very quiet greene king stand tho :P.

I have been on holiday and missed the first two games, and i went to the 1-1 draw last week it was around 19500 attendence and it was quiet, which im not used to in the North Stand, i do have a confession tho, i do go pretty crazy at footy matches. :)

Hrbdefender
07 Sep 2009, 01:55 PM

I'm not going to bother responding to your points as D3mo did it all himself, <3 you :p

Well, this "league One" club seems to be getting more fans than you, 23000+ every home game, despite not being as mighty. Hell, we even got 13000 at a JPT match. I couldn't care less what league City are in, I will still support them. Nor could I care who you support

Nathan/Yuppers
07 Sep 2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not going to bother responding to your points as D3mo did it all himself, <3 you :p

Well, this "league One" club seems to be getting more fans than you, 23000+ every home game, despite not being as mighty. Hell, we even got 13000 at a JPT match. I couldn't care less what league City are in, I will still support them. Nor could I care who you support

on topic. . . If your aloud to be off topic then so am i, your fans are only buziing because you are all boo'ing the team of the pitch, you have fans running onto the pitch and throwing/ ripping their season tickets up, and you know the bad news the football club gave them the worst punishement they could think off,

they handed their season tickets back to them, no thats a liitle harsh in my books :P

But yes i respect your fans they do have commitement and you do get a great attendence, but sometimes that doesnt reflect the team and you struggled last year.

Hrbdefender
07 Sep 2009, 02:47 PM
Actuallly, I have had a go at the fickle Norwich fans many times on here; and you can ask the people I speak to my views on the fickle fans. Also the season ticket fans have been banned for life :)

The fact we got 23k+ when we were bottom speaks volumes for the real supoort

Nathan/Yuppers
07 Sep 2009, 02:50 PM
Actuallly, I have had a go at the fickle Norwich fans many times on here; and you can ask the people I speak to my views on the fickle fans. Also the season ticket fans have been banned for life :)

The fact we got 23k+ when we were bottom speaks volumes for the real supoort

Yes it does but you have to remember you are a city, and have much bigger popualation than litttle ipswich :)

I truley do respect your fans and I reckon you will bounce back with ease then we can finally have another loacal derby again ;)

Lord Sauron
07 Sep 2009, 04:20 PM
Yes it does but you have to remember you are a city, and have much bigger popualation than litttle ipswich :)

I truley do respect your fans and I reckon you will bounce back with ease then we can finally have another loacal derby again ;)

I agree. When you look on some world maps they have Norwich on their, which just shows how big and important a city it is. I have nothing against norwich fans, or anybody associated with them, the city of norwich or any of the norwich players. It is just I was born an Ipswich fan, therefore I hate Norwich. Not anything or about them, just Norwich City Football Club.

All the best, King Leonidas

Nathan/Yuppers
07 Sep 2009, 08:35 PM
I have nothing against norwich fans, or anybody associated with them, the city of norwich or any of the norwich players.

Oh please tell me you didn't hate darren huckerby? :P

Lord Sauron
08 Sep 2009, 03:40 PM
Oh please tell me you didn't hate darren huckerby? :P

How could I forget. Who is he playing for now?

smoggy
14 Sep 2009, 03:53 PM
After watching Ipswich against boro on saturday I'm quite worried for you, Boro didn't play particularly well yet it was a fairly comfortable 3-1 win. Your strikers look a rad lady... why wasnt priskin on from the start? :s He showed a bit more when he came on anyway. Your deffense is a tad shoddy though consiering theyre up agianst two midegets in lita and emnes... one of which is exactly a winger.

Berethor
16 Sep 2009, 09:57 AM
Around 5-6 years ago i had my money on them to get promoted to the premiership (figure of speech, i was too young to bet).

But then, i thought Liverpool were going to win the league last season :rolleyes:

I'd say give Roy Keane time, maybe 2-3 seasons and he'll get the club promoted. Then he will leave for a marginally better club already established in the top league, and Ipswich will probably go back down again.

Vargas VII
12 Nov 2009, 03:32 AM
I live in Ipswich but i support Coventry City as i was born there, and i've always been of a loyal character. You have to be (loyal) with CCFC, and Ipswich i guess :)

Gouranga
12 Nov 2009, 02:20 PM
Around 5-6 years ago i had my money on them to get promoted to the premiership (figure of speech, i was too young to bet).

But then, i thought Liverpool were going to win the league last season :rolleyes:

I'd say give Roy Keane time, maybe 2-3 seasons and he'll get the club promoted. Then he will leave for a marginally better club already established in the top league, and Ipswich will probably go back down again.

They were promoted and they got into the uefa cup