PDA

View Full Version : Modern warfare 2

major biscuit
02 Nov 2009, 06:39 PM
So, who is planning on getting on getting it on PC? i am and will need some friends on it :D because playing in a party seems more fun

[Edit] just realised i put this in the wrong section, if a mod could please move it to the correct section that would be nice :)

DanielJ97
02 Nov 2009, 06:40 PM
So, who is planning on getting on getting it on PC? i am and will need some friends on it :D because playing in a party seems more fun

You should no this is the wrong section MB. :p

Yeah, I'm buying it.

major biscuit
02 Nov 2009, 06:44 PM
You should no this is the wrong section MB. :p

Yeah, I'm buying it.

yeah, i wasnt concentrating and just clicked on general

ahh, ill have to add you (or however it works) when we both get it then :)

Gouranga
02 Nov 2009, 06:45 PM
yeah, i wasnt concentrating and just clicked on general

ahh, ill have to add you (or however it works) when we both get it then :)

You should also know there is already a thread for this

Carrothead
02 Nov 2009, 06:45 PM
/hijacking thread.

Anyone getting it on xbox?

Gouranga
02 Nov 2009, 06:47 PM
Yea, I was gonna get it early since I work at Gamestation but they banned it from Early Release so I just have to settle for early left 4 dead

Tombo457
02 Nov 2009, 06:53 PM
/hijacking thread.

Anyone getting it on xbox?

im getting it on xbox :D:cool:.

major biscuit
02 Nov 2009, 06:57 PM
You should also know there is already a thread for this

sorry, i searched but couldnt find the one asking if people are getting it on PC

Gouranga
02 Nov 2009, 07:38 PM
sorry, i searched but couldnt find the one asking if people are getting it on PC

Fair enough. I well want this game Fight Against Grenade Spam

Ratman81
02 Nov 2009, 08:38 PM
I was going to ge tit, but after they massivly raised the price and butchered multiplayer by taking out multiplayer and limiting it to a frankly pathetic 8 vs 8 I no longer will. Its too expensive for what is effectivly a single player game with the multiplayer so badly reduced in scope.

Kirklander
02 Nov 2009, 08:41 PM
im getting it on xbox :D:cool:.

so am i :D

dragon115
02 Nov 2009, 08:44 PM
I was thinking about it... until

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51792

lukejaii
02 Nov 2009, 08:51 PM
Really a shooter on the pc, why may i ask ?

major biscuit
02 Nov 2009, 08:57 PM
i got WAW on wii and it set out exactly as the thread you mentioned dragon described and i actually quite like the way the wii version is done online, none on this 1000 points for killing a dog nonsence and 40 v 40 player matches, so i still think its gonna be really good

because MW2 isnt coming out on wii and i dont have 100+ to buy another console just to play MW2 so the PC is the best option for me :D

Darkcrick
02 Nov 2009, 09:25 PM
I was planning to get it, but since they screwed up the multiplayer with the damn IWNET I'm not gonna go near it until it gets fixed. Seems over 170,000 agree aswell from that petition, and I think their were over 500 "boycott MW2" servers last time I heard.

U.N. Owen
02 Nov 2009, 09:41 PM
Will the multiplayer be much different from the original modern warfare multiplayer?

Rob762
02 Nov 2009, 09:59 PM

Maybe because Pc is and always will be superior to consoles so long as you have the funds available and game companies don't pander to consoles' dumbed-down needs too much...? I mean, 8 v 8 online? That's an empty server, or it would be if dedicated servers were allowed...

andy47
02 Nov 2009, 10:43 PM
I am getting it on PS3 BABY, can't wait, and can't believe I have played 45 days on cod4. I am getting sponsered for it. :) (hopefully)

commander
05 Nov 2009, 07:51 PM
You have played 45 days on COD4, and you play travian aswell?...Try playing outside once in a while. :oops:

SpeedRunner
05 Nov 2009, 09:44 PM
I've done 25 days on cod4 :/ i know someone who has done over 100!

Loads of people have mw2 already. The top guy already has like 8k of kills.

Berethor
05 Nov 2009, 10:00 PM
I've done 25 days on cod4 :/ i know someone who has done over 100!

Loads of people have mw2 already. The top guy already has like 8k of kills.

Illegally downloaded games.

We saw the exact same thing with GTA4, lots of people were playing on it on Xbox Live weeks before release :D

commander
05 Nov 2009, 11:25 PM
Hmm.. cant IW or whoever ban them?

Im not 'down with the kids' and this technology lark..so I might be imagining stuff. :cool:

Berethor
06 Nov 2009, 09:11 AM
Hmm.. cant IW or whoever ban them?

Im not 'down with the kids' and this technology lark..so I might be imagining stuff. :cool:

I don't think they can, because some people may have been given advance copies. Some gaming retailers may have leaked the game or released it as soon as they got the stock in rather than the designated release date. You can't tell who downloaded illegally and who just happen to have got the game early for some reason.

commander
06 Nov 2009, 09:20 AM
Oh well, there will always be sad people :oops:

I know someone who got halo3 5 days before 'release' though from an online store, so I guess its possible for it to be legit.

Berethor
06 Nov 2009, 10:39 AM
Ideally the matching servers shouldn't be up and running until a few days before release, that would prevent this from happening.

dragon115
06 Nov 2009, 10:40 AM
I don't think they can, because some people may have been given advance copies. Some gaming retailers may have leaked the game or released it as soon as they got the stock in rather than the designated release date. You can't tell who downloaded illegally and who just happen to have got the game early for some reason.

and thus why PC games have CD keys :P

SpeedRunner
06 Nov 2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah but its unfair for the people who get it legit and want to challenge for the top but are already 8k kills behind.

commander
06 Nov 2009, 06:58 PM
To be fair, anyone who is seriously worried about not being able to get number1 on COD is just as sad as those who get it early and rack up kills, IN MY OPINION.

There's too many people with no jobs, little life, and too much of an addiction to COD for 'normal' people to get near the top anyway :)

Berethor
06 Nov 2009, 08:02 PM
I read that some people got their copies sent out early to avoid disruption from the postal strike :D

SpeedRunner
07 Nov 2009, 04:45 PM
I go to college and have a thriving social life. I assure you i am not sad.

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:15 PM
I was looking at all the copies we hae in stock today I think we have over 500

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:27 PM
whoo, i got it before everyone. But I don't like Call of Duty much :/ But I might check it out cos I can :P :P :P :P.......... My stepdad's an Idiot for buying me a gun game

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:28 PM
whoo, i got it before everyone. But I don't like Call of Duty much :/ But I might check it out cos I can :P :P :P :P.......... My stepdad's an Idiot for buying me a gun game

Howd you get it early?

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:30 PM
Howd you get it early?

My stepdad was one of the testers for it and at they end they all got one for a low fee

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:32 PM
It's not as good as COD4 he's playing on it now :? about as good as COD5 honestly.

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:33 PM
My stepdad was one of the testers for it and at they end they all got one for a low fee

Ahh thats pretty sweet dude

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:34 PM
Ahh thats pretty sweet dude

I'm a girl *sigh*. He still continues to wonder why i was not thrilled... however I am going to play on it :P

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:38 PM
I'm a girl *sigh*. He still continues to wonder why i was not thrilled... however I am going to play on it :P

I use dude for both genders, dudette sounds sexist like with actor and actress. You should just pretend because I believe every person I now including me is jealous of you

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:40 PM
I use dude for both genders, dudette sounds sexist like with actor and actress. You should just pretend because I believe every person I now including me is jealous of you

I'm jealous you don't have a pain in the but stepdad who thinks he knows his 'daughter' so well. He doesn't actually care about what i like, it's about what he likes. I swear I'd rather be at my real dads house right now.

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:42 PM
I'm jealous you don't have a pain in the but stepdad who thinks he knows his 'daughter' so well. He doesn't actually care about what i like, it's about what he likes. I swear I'd rather be at my real dads house right now.
Damn, I hate people like that. I know how you feel about being at your dads :(

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:45 PM
Damn, I hate people like that. I know how you feel about being at your dads :(

lol me too. He wont actually let me have a go even though it's mine. He's also just called a load of mates round so they can all get drunk and play on COD6... yay. Lol perfect daughter father bonding time.

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:46 PM
lol me too. He wont actually let me have a go even though it's mine. He's also just called a load of mates round so they can all get drunk and play on COD6... yay. Lol perfect daughter father bonding time.

Go kick his ass on it please!!!!!! Go show himup

My best achievment on CoD beating a soldier at it

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:49 PM
Go kick his ass on it please!!!!!! Go show himup

My best achievment on CoD beating a soldier at it

lol, it is my intention to beat him infront of his friends. :P

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:51 PM
lol, it is my intention to beat him infront of his friends. :P

I would actually love you if you done that:)

elmoga
07 Nov 2009, 06:53 PM
I would actually love you if you done that:)

well start the lovin :P. I always beat him, he sucks. You getting it on Xbox, Ps3 or PC?

Gouranga
07 Nov 2009, 06:55 PM
well start the lovin :P. I always beat him, he sucks. You getting it on Xbox, Ps3 or PC?

3 to the 6 to the 0, cos it rawks!

Laika
10 Nov 2009, 07:21 AM
Oh I am loving this game,

simmib
10 Nov 2009, 12:03 PM
Oh I am loving this game,

Hopefully my copy will be at home when im back from college :D

Sim

worker
10 Nov 2009, 02:53 PM
this is deffo on a par with cod 4.. the maps are big enough with more than 3 corridors, the perks are nice and the kill streaks are sweet too :D deffo a must for gamers

major biscuit
10 Nov 2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/system-requirements/

i havent got it yet but for people like me who want a quick look at weapons, this website looks to be quite good, i havent got it yet so cant verify its correctness im afraid

commander
10 Nov 2009, 03:25 PM
Well, story mode seems to be like COD4, i.e not great.

Ill have a dabble at multiplayer later.

worker
10 Nov 2009, 05:08 PM
not great :eek: even in the airport,, wow that was pure class, esspecially the end of it,, who'd a thunked that would happen :eek:

MP is rather good i have to say,, you will certainly enjoy that ;)

Berethor
10 Nov 2009, 06:49 PM
How long is the campaign? I'm sure a few of you will have completed it already.

I havn't got it myself. I'll just wait til my brother buys it and leech off him.

andy mez
10 Nov 2009, 07:04 PM
nah im in the favella bit, rather more difficult than the COD4 season i must say, i want to be higher than my mates lmao as i know im better than them but if there higher rank there like"oh look at me i kick ass" :/. Multiplayer though is quite amazing, my only niggle i havent been on a map thats good for sniping yet and i am a true sniper out and out, ive been asked to go in so many clans because people were amazed with my sniping skills. :D

Gouranga
10 Nov 2009, 08:13 PM
Well, story mode seems to be like COD4, i.e not great.

Ill have a dabble at multiplayer later.

The story is better than cod4 the bits in America are hard hitting

Berethor
10 Nov 2009, 09:22 PM
I'm also quite unhappy at the news the M14 is not usable in the online. Its the newer model the EBR aswell i think. And once again the M16 has been 'nerfed', you can't use full auto :(

Correct me if i'm wrong guys, i'm just getting these off the MW2 website.

commander
10 Nov 2009, 09:28 PM

Im only up to the 'wolverines' mission (or whatever it is) so of course I havnt felt the full impact of the plot and what not. But the feel of it... just seems a bit disappointing. Good job they dont big it up for single player anyway, as everyone only really raves about MP.

simmib
10 Nov 2009, 09:39 PM
nah im in the favella bit, rather more difficult than the COD4 season i must say, i want to be higher than my mates lmao as i know im better than them but if there higher rank there like"oh look at me i kick ass" :/. Multiplayer though is quite amazing, my only niggle i havent been on a map thats good for sniping yet and i am a true sniper out and out, ive been asked to go in so many clans because people were amazed with my sniping skills. :D

Im also an out and out sniper and im looking forward to the silencer thats attachable to the sniper; http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/attachments/

Sim

Berethor
10 Nov 2009, 10:07 PM
Im also an out and out sniper and im looking forward to the silencer thats attachable to the sniper; http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/attachments/

Sim

Curious as to how silencers on shotguns work, but i'll go with it anyways :rolleyes:

Taulphin
10 Nov 2009, 10:13 PM
Don't intend to get it, far too much competition for my precious leisure hours as is... and with Dragon Age: Origins, Torchlight and L4D2 about, CoD looks very pale and uninspiring as a predictable FPS experience.

Curious as to how silencers on shotguns work, but i'll go with it anyways :rolleyes:

They work like this:
*BANG* ...ssshh.

Destine
10 Nov 2009, 10:24 PM
Don't intend to get it, far too much competition for my precious leisure hours as is... and with Dragon Age: Origins, Torchlight and L4D2 about, CoD looks very pale and uninspiring as a predictable FPS experience.

Just ordered a copy of amazon. Been waiting for this game for years :eek:

I was going to wait and get it for Christmas but I've just been reading reviews and watching trailers and I gave into the temptation. It looks like a truly epic game; I'm yet to see one review which hasn't raved about how good it is. I'm not sure if you've ever played Baldur's Gate but DA:O really looks to stand true to its claim as BG's 'spiritual successor'. L4D2 is tempting aswell but that ain't gonna happen. No time! :(

Berethor
11 Nov 2009, 07:23 AM
I need something to tide me over until Gran Turismo 5.

I might go back on cod4 and overtake everyone on the rankings who jumped ship :P

Lucidity
11 Nov 2009, 07:27 AM
Can I just ninja this this thread as I heard DA: Origins was mentioned.

All I can say is Best Game of the Year imo.

Absolutely brilliant.

SpeedRunner
11 Nov 2009, 06:04 PM
Oh my freaking god, MW2 is amazing. Like, so amazing! :)

Destine
11 Nov 2009, 10:48 PM

Absolutely brilliant.

On the topic of DA:O (and, in turn, off topic :S) -

The best trailer ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfmdzgOCu4)

BioWare <3

Gouranga
11 Nov 2009, 10:53 PM

Absolutely brilliant.

You have a raving thread of fanboys here

phil bmxer
12 Nov 2009, 02:33 PM
i got my ps3! and mw2.

my copy was 26 :D yays!

commander
12 Nov 2009, 04:27 PM
CoD classic is out also isn't it. My friend bought it and now I'm downloading it onto my PS3 from his account for 0 :D

I hope it works. Ive got games like his before but you never know :oops:

CoD1 ftw. :spychic:

Tilifika
12 Nov 2009, 04:30 PM
COD: MW2 is perfectly decent but hardly amazing. The inclusion of Spec Ops was what really sold it for me, going through that on co-op has been keeping me and my flatmates busy.

Before anyone mentions anything about game of the year (DA: Origins? Pah! Pah I say!) Creed II comes out next week - Game of the year right there my friends.

commander
12 Nov 2009, 04:32 PM
I agree. MW2 is so hyped that people will be 'drunk' from the success and hype of COD4.

It is not a bad game, and is fairly fun, but as you say, hardly amazing and its like replaying COD4, so not really worth the prices they are asking tbh (except if you got it cheap :p).

Its all a rather expensive map pack with a few perks :oops:

worker
13 Nov 2009, 05:44 PM
all the challenges and perks are amazing though,, the twists in the story are good too, i wont spoil it for thoise that havnt completed it yet..

MP is quite good, not as good as cod 4 but i guess thats just becasue they are knew, i knew cod 4 maps like the back of my hand..

the itroduction of the heart senser on weopons is a pain though, they should have made that perk that stops that, to be one of the early ones.. i play S&D and i havnt ranked up far yet, only spent 1 and a half hours or so. so am only level 17 and i can get hunted by the bloody heart senser.. :rolleyes:

its by no means a 10 out of 10 game, infact i would only give it an 8.. its good but not outstanding

Vargas VII
13 Nov 2009, 06:38 PM
The hype has been amazing, you walk past the street theres big ads up. I go to my supermarket, it's on a bill-board. I turn on my radio in the bath-room when i go for a wee, radio 5 are talking about it! You can't get away from it! :)

Blades
13 Nov 2009, 06:44 PM
I've nuked the game once, very cool. You can blow everyone up and nuke the game with a 25 kill-streak :)

Crannys
13 Nov 2009, 09:53 PM
You got a 25 kill streak?? I can't get past 7 killstreak :sob:

commander
13 Nov 2009, 10:04 PM
Lol..i played one game where overall i did not too bad, but i couldnt string together a big streak so I ended up calling in the most UAVs out of anyone..was like 10 UAVs :p

Asrue2
15 Nov 2009, 12:46 PM
Just completed the campaign. Epic ending. :D

Gouranga
15 Nov 2009, 01:08 PM
COD: MW2 is perfectly decent but hardly amazing. The inclusion of Spec Ops was what really sold it for me, going through that on co-op has been keeping me and my flatmates busy.

Before anyone mentions anything about game of the year (DA: Origins? Pah! Pah I say!) Creed II comes out next week - Game of the year right there my friends.

No sir, I believe call of duty clinches it with both fists then fights off the competition with nothing but captain price's moustache.

Spec ops is a brilliant inclusion anyone gone through evasion with their friends counting down to headshots, my spec ops games go like this.

Me: You see the guy on the left?

Friend: Negative, I have a shoton the right though

Me: Ok moving to left now

Friend: Mark when your ready

Me: 3

Friend: Tango down

Me: Copy that

We use the military language cos we're sad but we like to imagine

HillBill
15 Nov 2009, 01:09 PM
That is kinda sad mate :L :) My longest killstreak is 22 but i haven't unlocked the nuke anyway. Chopper gunner and ac130 ftw!

Gouranga
15 Nov 2009, 01:18 PM
I love getting the ac 130 in care packages

HillBill
15 Nov 2009, 01:22 PM
I got that twice! It was kinda funny when i got the usual 11 killstreak and was pwning the whole team when i opened the care package and got a chopper gunner. That was my 22 killstreak :)

Carrothead
15 Nov 2009, 01:25 PM
29 killstreak.

HillBill
15 Nov 2009, 01:31 PM
Pro n00b :)

MikeyNinja
15 Nov 2009, 02:31 PM

Didn't find it hard hitting at all. Probably would of done if I wasn't still rofl'ing at the ridiculousness of the plot.

'Omg, a million russians just landed in washingtons, I totally didn't see dem coming, i no, well sort it out by going and getting the guy who frameds us, then they'll just go "Oh sori, we leaves ur country nao kthxbai"...'

I got that twice! It was kinda funny when i got the usual 11 killstreak and was pwning the whole team when i opened the care package and got a chopper gunner. That was my 22 killstreak :)

The chopper gunner is mega cheap. I was playing online round a mates house and I went Predator (5) -> Harrier Strike (7) -> Chopper Gunner (11) -> End of Chopper Gunner (34), then some M16'ing to 39, then the game ended. People on the other team were raging so bad.

camerona1
15 Nov 2009, 02:40 PM
Haha, I killed the whole enemy team with an AC-130, Then killed em all again when they spawned.

16 kill streak (I only got the AC130 from a care package)

HillBill
15 Nov 2009, 02:44 PM
Lol when i was using the chopper gunner twice, the other team were like ahhhhh dude wtf are doing you n0000b (in american accent for full effect) i was wetting myself. They take it like it matters :L

Elite 09
15 Nov 2009, 04:02 PM
MW2 Rules
im on mission 6 but 1 usually go online

my friend got banned for going on MW2 live when he pree ordered it and now hes banned from live for 2 weeks lol

Carrothead
16 Nov 2009, 03:32 PM
The chopper gunner is mega cheap. I was playing online round a mates house and I went Predator (5) -> Harrier Strike (7) -> Chopper Gunner (11) -> End of Chopper Gunner (34), then some M16'ing to 39, then the game ended. People on the other team were raging so bad.

Yup, and on some maps it camps right on their spawn, such easy kills.

I've taken it off now though, changing my killstreak because people are starting to cotton on and use launchers.

camerona1
18 Nov 2009, 06:47 AM
Anyone else use the stinger? So fun :)

I take out choppers, harriers, UAVs, Counter UAVs, AC130s, Pave Lows . . Everything :D

Crannys
18 Nov 2009, 07:25 PM
I dislike the stinger. I destroys my AC 130 :(

Although it is fun using on enemies :D although I like the Javelin. (Picked it up off others)

noscorp
19 Nov 2009, 10:30 PM
Just completed the campaign. Epic ending. :D

Too true, I was like "Hit himmm!"

Gouranga
20 Nov 2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone else going through on veteran and thinking this is alot easier than I was expecting

commander
20 Nov 2009, 06:33 PM
Well for the most part its often been possible to run through a story of CoD

major biscuit
21 Nov 2009, 06:08 PM
lol, im awful on cod, not a proper pc player so my skills are behind everyone elses

my name is major_biscuit (odd that isnt it) please note that may not be correct i cant remember entirely what it is
add me on steam if you want a nice easy target :D

Taulphin
28 Nov 2009, 05:24 PM
About the most entertainment I've had from MW2 is this:

Those complaining MW2 doesn't follow the Geneva Convention might be surprised to learn Mario isn't a Corgi Registered plumber either.

from...
http://twitter.com/markysoft/status/6021472696

Gouranga
28 Nov 2009, 05:25 PM
About the most entertainment I've had from MW2 is this:

Those complaining MW2 doesn't follow the Geneva Convention might be surprised to learn Mario isn't a Corgi Registered plumber either.

from...
http://twitter.com/markysoft/status/6021472696

Lol I hate them saying that, it's like maybe their is no geneva convention in this game world?