PDA

View Full Version : New player Guide

Silver-SM
04 Nov 2009, 07:16 PM
If people could provide pictures it would be aprecciated.

Travian Beginners Guide

[IMPORTANT] MAKE SURE YOU READ THE WHOLE GUIDE BEFORE STARTING. THERE MANY THINGS IN THE MIDDLE THAT WILL HELP YOU SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT.

Suggest pages to read before reading this page. These are made by other people and I take no credit for their work.

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37343

On the above one just read the first part on resource fields.

Contents:
ē Beginning
ē Tribes
ē Starting Position
ē 0-7 days
ē Once you get your fields to level 3

**********************************************************************************
Beginning
Since only beginners should be reading this I have decided to dumb it down a bit and add Travian definitions.
**********************************************************************************
E.G.

You will need to build your main building to level 3.
Travian definition:

Main building:

The builders of the village live in the main building. The higher the level, the faster other buildings will be built or upgraded.

Tribal advantages:
Romans: A building and a resource field can be built or upgraded simultaneously.

Costs and build time at level 1:
Wood: 70 | Clay: 40 | Iron: 60 | Wheat: 20 | Crop consumtion: 2 | Time: 0:33:20

Silver-SM definition:

The main building affects the time of building of other buildings/field. Also it is all a requirement for some other buildings/researches.
As you can see you probably wonít understand many words in both definitions right now. Donít worry we are about to go through them right now.

Travian: Hmmmm maybe the game youíre playing.

Buildings: A building goes in your town and has a describable use. (Each individual building will have its own definition as we come across it in the guide.

Field: A field provides resources.

Resources: Resources are a key part of Travian. You will use it for everything. Actually you need to it to do pretty all things regarding creating. The 4 resources are: wood, iron, clay, wheat.

Silver-SM
04 Nov 2009, 07:17 PM
Tribes

So letís get started. First of all you need to pick a tribe. Now you have to be careful now as each tribe is completely different from the other. Now since I am tired of typing right now, Iíll get you Travians definitions.

Romans:

Travian Definition:
The Roman Empire is the easiest for newcomers to Travian. Because of their significant social and technological developments, the Romans are the masters of building coordination, and their troops are the Travian elite.
They are relatively decent in both attack and defence. To get this versatility, however, they must go through a long and expensive training. Their infantry is legendary, but their defence against cavalry is the lowest of all the tribes.
For beginners and those who don't know exactly how they want to play, the Romans are ideal.

Special Features
ē Simultaneous construction of resource fields and buildings
ē Higher defence bonus from city wall
ē Merchants can carry 500 resources (speed: 16 fields/hour)
ē Extremely powerful infantry, mediocre cavalry,
ē Training is long and expensive.

Silver-SMís definition:
In my opinion Romanís are probably the best tribe for a new person. They are balanced in offence as well as defence and they have the strongest troop. I strongly recommend this tribe for you.

Gaul:

Travian Definition:
The Gauls are the most peace-loving of all the tribes. Their units are well-trained in defensive tactics, but their offense is lacking in comparison to the other tribes. Gauls are born riders, and their horses are legendary for their speed, allowing them to move quickly and surprise their foes.

This tribe is relatively easy to defend, but an offensive play style is also quite possible. It offers the possibility to go in every strategic direction (offensive or defensive doctrine, lone wolf or helper in emergencies, infantry- or cavalry-based, settler or conqueror), so anything is doable for a skilled player, but also good for beginners!

Special Features
ē Speed bonus: Fastest units in the game
ē Moderate defence bonus from the Palisade
ē Merchants can carry 750 resources (speed: 24 fields/hour)
ē Double cranny size (raid protection)
ē Expensive siege weapons
ē Cheap settlers

Silver-SMís Definition:
Gauls are a good tribe for someone who wonít be able to get to the account every now and then. However some of my friends have managed to make successful active Gaul raiding accounts and get themselves a top ten raider medal. However that route is much harder and I donít recommend it to new people. The Gauls can be the best tribe IF you can manage balancing Offence and Defence and managing resources effectively between buildings/fields and troops. You probably canít manage this (some of the most experienced players canít do this, I canít do this). Still make a Gaul account on your 2nd maybe 3rd Travian account (by this I mean the accounts you play afterwards when this server finishes).

Teutons:

Travian Definition:
The Teutons are the most offensive of all the tribes. Teutonic warriors are dreaded everywhere because of their berserker rage in battle. They are the pillaging hordes roaming the lands, completely unafraid of death.

Because the Teutons lack the military discipline of the Gauls and Romans, they are somewhat slower and weaker than other troops. For offense-minded and experienced players, the Teutons are a great choice!

Special Features
ē Pillaging bonus: Enemy crannies only hide 2/3 [EDIT] With the new update 3.5 the bonus is reduced to 4/5
ē The earth wall is almost indestructible, but offers little defence
ē Merchants can carry 1000 resources (speed: 12 fields/hour)
ē Unequivocally cheap, fastest produced, and the best carrying capacity troops
ē Weak in defence
Silver-SMs Definition:

Teutons are for the more experienced players. I guarantee you that if this is your first Travian account and you pick Teuton you will delete your account after a month.

So now we know the tribes we can pick one. For you I would recommend Roman but itís up to you. I will provide different variations for each tribe.
Starting position:
This doesnít really matter much unless you plan on playing with friends or with want to join a specific alliance. In my experience most people start on the South-West and the less quiet part is the South-East. Or you can select random if youíre not that bothered.

Silver-SM
04 Nov 2009, 07:18 PM
So once youíve passed the registration and confirmed your email we can get down to business. Once you sign in youíll see a picture which looks like this.

[Insert Picture]

This is the village overview. You can see your resource fields, how many resources you make an hour, your troops, troops incoming and the top menu bar. Letís now go to the village centre. Click here.

[Insert Picture]

Here you can see the village and the menu.
So letís get cracking, the first thing most new players do is to build up their resource fields. Now we are going to try to get all our resource fields up to level 10 (this will take a few months and is well worth it). So if we add up the costs of building all the fields to level 10 and simplify it we would get the ratio 10:12:8:6 (wood: clay: iron: wheat). So that means if we make or resource production this ratio we should be able to grow faster. By the way wheat is a little trickier to get in line with the others. Just make sure your wheat production is half your clay production. You can make it more if you want but not less. Only make it less if you know what youíre doing, you have a lot of wheat or you intend to build up wheat fields afterwards.

So make a clay field, then wood field, then iron field, then clay field, then wood field, then clay field; upgrading wheat fields when you need to. At the end you should have 3 clay fields level 1, 2 wood fields level 1, 1 iron field level 1 and how many wheat fields you upgraded level 1. Make sure when upgrading you pick a lower level one to upgrade. E.g. If you have 1 level 1 field and 3 level 0 fields get the level 0 fields up to level 1 before upgrading the original level 1 field. Still with me.
When youíre out of resources, log off go to bed and wait for the next day.
The next day when you go on the computer, you should have more resources (now called res). Also if you didnít do the quests and chose to get deliveries of resources which you should have, you should be able to pick up your next shipment. Continue upgrading your fields. Once youíre out of resources, finish up and wait for the next day. Continue in this fashion until you are at level 3. Now itís time to bring in the troops.

If you have problems with people attacking you build a cranny. Read the link at the top for more info about that.

Travian Definition:

In the event of an attack on your village, a portion of the resources in the warehouse can be hidden in the cranny. These resources cannot be taken by the attackers. At level 1, 100 of each type of resource is protected from raids. At level 10, additional crannies can be built.

Tribal advantages:
Gauls: The cranny is twice its normal capacity
Teutons: Enemy crannies protect only 66% their normal capacity

Wood: 40 | Clay: 50 | Iron: 30 | Wheat: 10 | Crop Consumption: 0 | Time needed: 0:12:30

Prerequisites:
none

Silver-SM Definition: Protects your resource, thatís it.

To get troops here what you need to do. Build your main building to level 3.

Travian definition:

Main building:

The builders of the village live in the main building. The higher the level, the faster other buildings will be built or upgraded.

Tribal advantages:
Romans: A building and a resource field can be built or upgraded simultaneously.

Wood: 70 | Clay: 40 | Iron: 60 | Wheat: 20 | Crop consumtion: 2 | Time: 0:33:20

Silver-SM definition:

The main building affects the time of building of other buildings/field. Also it is all a requirement for some other buildings/researches.

Then build a rally point.

Travian Definition:

At the rally point you can give your troops orders and see the origins of incoming troops. The rally point can only be built at the location near the centre of the village. The higher its level, the more targets are available to choose from during catapult attacks.

Wood: 110 | Clay: 160 | Iron: 90 | Wheat: 70 | Crop Consumption: 1 | Time Taken: 0:33:20

Prerequisites:
none

Silver-SM definition: The main use of a rally point is to see incoming troops and send troops. You wonít need to upgrade this until the middle of the game.

Once youíve built that build a barracks.

To be continued....

lll-RJ_HYPE-lll
04 Nov 2009, 07:44 PM
Haha nice copied guide.

Silver-SM
04 Nov 2009, 07:52 PM
Hello Mr lll-RJ_HYPE-lll. The only parts of this guide that is copied are the parts that are clearly defined as travian description. The rest of the guide has been written by hand. Thank you for your concern but you need to check your facts.

lll-RJ_HYPE-lll
04 Nov 2009, 08:40 PM
Hello Mr lll-RJ_HYPE-lll. The only parts of this guide that is copied are the parts that are clearly defined as travian description. The rest of the guide has been written by hand. Thank you for your concern but you need to check your facts.

Ok sorry. But please don't try to act a different age and speak as if you do not know me:oops:

Silver-SM
04 Nov 2009, 08:49 PM
Ok, you want me to speak slang with you then

[EDIT] Please write comments to help me out

ToySoldier
04 Nov 2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, you want me to speak slang with you then

[EDIT] Please write comments to help me out

It's best if we wait untill your guide is completely finished / typed out, so we won't give comments on something which you are still adding / editting. :)

Edit; @ RJ HYPE and Silver-SM - Focus on the guide please, don't go throwing with mud and personal thingies, thanks :D

Deuce
05 Nov 2009, 10:54 AM
Tribes

Special Features
ē Pillaging bonus: Enemy crannies only hide 2/3

Wrong. Teuton raid cranny bonus was reduced to 20% in 3.5.

http://help.travian.com/index.php?type=faq&mod=362

Liam.D
05 Nov 2009, 12:39 PM
Wrong. Teuton raid cranny bonus was reduced to 20% in 3.5.

http://help.travian.com/index.php?type=faq&mod=362

Actually with classic servers still running it would probably be useful to have both in to be honest. Leave what you have and add a comment such as:

As of the new 3.5 update the teuton plunder bonus now allows crannys to cover 4/5.

L

Silver-SM
05 Nov 2009, 07:29 PM
sorry guys i forgot about that. will add it in, in the next update.

lll-RJ_HYPE-lll
05 Nov 2009, 08:14 PM
Hope this helps

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38339

darknessie
07 Nov 2009, 06:44 PM
You forgot the most basic thing from moving on from a newbie..... cranny against teuts so you can get a cropper and use home village to supply it to get either a anvil or a hammer, go anvil then get a 2nd cropper, then the world is your oyster.

If you want to get big get as many croppers as possible and use supply villages

supestan2
23 Nov 2009, 07:50 PM
just a note on au servers the info about tribes says that gauls are the best for beginners