PDA

View Full Version : The Championship

smoggy
08 Nov 2009, 06:58 AM
Who does everyone think the 3 teams to get promoted will be?

Ima middlesbrough fan and at the beginning of the season I was sure we would but now we are dropping down the league like a stone... I don't like watching crap football :(

Leicestonion
08 Nov 2009, 07:43 AM
There's 2 teams that will get promoted for sure: West Brom and Newcastle. I can't see them failing that, going by their current form.
It's the 3rd spot that everyone is playing for and I hope it will be my team - Leicester. But I can see Cardiff, QPR and Preston being in the running.

swansea71
08 Nov 2009, 11:38 AM
I think people are forgeting the mighty jacks, had a bad start to the season getting beat by boro
and leicster, but are back to full strength and are unbeaten in 10 games and second best defence
only to newcastle

Leicestonion
08 Nov 2009, 11:44 AM
actually yea, swansea are worth a bet too. I thought Leicester had the 2nd best def record to the magpies but it could have changed since this weekend.

Lucidity
08 Nov 2009, 11:48 AM
I'm a boro man too, but unless Strachan turns us round within the next few games I don't see us gaining automatic promotion. If it wasn't for a semi decent season start I'd be worried about relegation after seeing some of our performances recently. :(

SpeedRunner
08 Nov 2009, 12:59 PM
Top 10 prediction, i'm a QPR fan aswell :D

1.) Newcastle (QPR were unlucky not to beat them at St James')
2.)QPR!!

3.) West Brom
4.) Cardiff (Were shocking when we beat them)
5.) Leicester (Amazing team to watch out for)
6.) Nottingham Forest

7.) Blackpool
8.) Middlesbrough
9.) Bristol City
10.) Preston North End

I say Blackpool and Leicester are the teams to look out for. The Newcastle vs QPR last day fixture could be huge.

Vargas VII
12 Nov 2009, 04:31 PM
One the other hand, what 3 teams do people think will go down? :P

Explosive
13 Nov 2009, 10:46 PM
I really hope that Peterborough get relegated, they're our arch rivals (i'm a Cambridge utd fan).

i dont care who else joins them though.

gof-k
18 Nov 2009, 05:29 PM
With Newcastles successful PL relegation campaign complete Ive had a look into this Championship thingy. Apparently you can get relegated from this too

Looking at the line-up below its almost like the PL from about 10/15 years ago, apart from the good teams of course. Just spotted the BBC has the rights to the highlights and 10 live Championship games. Obviously must have planted Shearer in at Newcastle to make sure we got relegated to help boost the appeal of their new footy. The bastards.

Barnsley
Blackpool
Bristol City
Cardiff City
Coventry City
Crystal Palace
Derby County
Doncaster Rovers
Ipswich Town
Leicester City
Middlesbrough
Newcastle United
Nottingham Forest
Peterborough United
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End
Queens Park Rangers
Reading
Scunthorpe United
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion

toby77toby
19 Nov 2009, 10:38 PM
It's the 3rd spot that everyone is playing for and I hope it will be my team - Leicester. But I can see Cardiff, QPR and Preston being in the running.

Personally i dnt see Preston in the running for anything this season. They're in so much debt they're more likely to get relegated than go up.

I say Blackpool and Leicester are the teams to look out for.

I agree ;)