PDA

View Full Version : Leeds United Vs Kettering

simmib
08 Dec 2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone else watching it?

I've run out of fingernail!

Best football match i've seen in a long time, even better than the 1st fixture.

But once again Beckford hasnt turned up for a big game :(

What do you neutrals think?

And how about Man U supporters, Leeds or Kettering??? xD

Sim

Explosive
08 Dec 2009, 09:06 PM
Yeh i'm watching it too, just hoping for Kettering to win. I'm a Cambridge and Manchester United fan so it'd be nice to hammer Leeds, but it would be great if they lose.

Heslop (kettering) is quality.

Come on you Poppies!!!

flagemontana
08 Dec 2009, 09:08 PM
I live near Kettering. Getting taken to see 'The Poppies' every Saturday by my dad is, I'm sure, the reason why I don't follow football now. Still hope they win though ;)

Desmond
08 Dec 2009, 09:14 PM
Hey Simmib, what's the score at the minute? ^.^

I'm not exactly a neutral, as Kettering really annoy the pants off me (C'mon Leeds :oops:). In fact there's a picture on my profile of my home team beating Kettering... Twice in one week in two cup competitions :)
But Non-League rivalry aside they are a good squad, and some non-league teams are out to shock the big-leagues. Northwich Victoria did extremerly well beating a league one side, and Kettering are out for some Cash and advertising, so they will be up for the fight.

They are a very physical side (Guy Branson expecially, very physical but is more bulk than actual football player), and could give any team a good game. Expecially with their goalkeeper as manager, honestly I have huge respect for him.

Anyways, hope Leeds win. Best of luck either team (Albeit I hope Leeds win) in future match against Manchester. Wish it could have been us, but unfortunatly we conceded 3 (Stupid, stupid) goals against Lincoln so will see ya'll next year hopefully :rolleyes:

SpeedRunner
08 Dec 2009, 09:16 PM
Come on kettering! I cant stand leeds.

simmib
08 Dec 2009, 09:19 PM
It's 1 each in the 2nd half of extra time!

Yeah Kettering need the win, my sister was telling me they can't afford to keep the ground so they need the funds.

Hang on, grella just scored a cracka!!!!!

Sim (very excited, need to change my underwear)

simmib
08 Dec 2009, 09:20 PM
Another goal xD

Sim

SpeedRunner
08 Dec 2009, 09:20 PM
Omg kettering :(

hfhno1
08 Dec 2009, 09:24 PM
gotta love explosive and his post.

im a kettering and manchester utd fan. how can you have more than 1 team? the mind boggles...

Desmond
08 Dec 2009, 09:25 PM
It's 1 each in the 2nd half of extra time!

Yeah Kettering need the win, my sister was telling me they can't afford to keep the ground so they need the funds.

Hang on, grella just scored a cracka!!!!!

Sim (very excited, need to change my underwear)

Leeds have scored? I think I may need a new pair too naow, Thanks :(

Kettering don't really need the money. Their Chairman (Ladek?) recently brought 3 players a day after declaring themselves on the edge of administration. What happened is that Kettering want to build a new ground (I think?), and set everything up, before their council refused the planning permission. Alot of things is about pursuading the council to accept the plans.

If any of this is wrong then feel free to say, i'm honestly not sure on specifics. However, if it is true then I hope the best for them. I know how much it affected my club when we went under, if it wasn't for the fans then I wouldn't have a Telford scarf on the bed near me, so I hope it doesn't happen to Kettering, despite them annoying the pants of me :oops:

SpeedRunner
08 Dec 2009, 09:26 PM
4-1. Good goal.

Hrbdefender
08 Dec 2009, 09:27 PM

im a kettering and manchester utd fan. how can you have more than 1 team? the mind boggles...

Quite easily?

SpeedRunner
08 Dec 2009, 09:29 PM
5-1. Leeds! This is flattering them.

simmib
08 Dec 2009, 09:36 PM
Great performance by Grella at the end. :)

Much respect to Kettering tho, gave us a great game.

Bring on Mancester!! :D

Sim

Explosive
08 Dec 2009, 09:53 PM
I never said I was a Kettering fan, i said that I support Cambridge United (live in Cambridge) and Man utd (my dad supports them so i do too) but i wanted Kettering to beat the scummy Leeds, which unfortunately the didn't :(

justcheckin
09 Dec 2009, 12:28 AM
As a United fan, I was hopin Leeds would win. I'm looking forward to that game now. No doubt it'll be a good one and they'll be so up for it.

They'll have a good chance of knocking us out! Fergie will play the young lads, and Leeds will be raring to go, gonna be a good game!

Gouranga
09 Dec 2009, 07:38 PM
I live near Kettering. Getting taken to see 'The Poppies' every Saturday by my dad is, I'm sure, the reason why I don't follow football now. Still hope they win though ;)
You gotta be a corbyite like me then, ooo ah up the steelmen

Sheep for you my friend

Desmond
09 Dec 2009, 09:06 PM
You gotta be a corbyite like me then, ooo ah up the steelmen

You're a Corby fan? ^.^
Telf played them tonight. Corby are an awesome team to be fair :)

*Blue-Square-North High-5*

Gouranga
09 Dec 2009, 09:21 PM
You're a Corby fan? ^.^
Telf played them tonight. Corby are an awesome team to be fair :)

*Blue-Square-North High-5*

We only got awesome recently, manager has done an amazing job. *Blue-square-north-5*

Desmond
09 Dec 2009, 09:39 PM
Wern't Corby in Blue Square South last year? I was really suprised (And secretly happy) when the Steelmen went on like a 5 winning-streak and were top of the table. Telford have effectivly lost all their games up untill 2 weeks ago, thankfully we seem to be getting back to our old form, can't wait untill we play you at Home, should be a good match :)

Although me is nawt a happy bunny Mr Andre Gray went off injured tonight :eek: :p

Gouranga
09 Dec 2009, 10:33 PM
Wern't Corby in Blue Square South last year? I was really suprised (And secretly happy) when the Steelmen went on like a 5 winning-streak and were top of the table. Telford have effectivly lost all their games up untill 2 weeks ago, thankfully we seem to be getting back to our old form, can't wait untill we play you at Home, should be a good match :)

Although me is nawt a happy bunny Mr Andre Gray went off injured tonight :eek: :p

No we were in the division below, we were promoted to that the season before as well :P