PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Counter Attacking

Nyphe
08 Feb 2010, 12:37 PM
Introduction

This guide is written for players who know how to counter-attack in the first place (Or Troop-Locking). There are few things better than troop-locking a silly teuton neighbour in the first trimestre of the game, and that it counter-troop locking. This is how it works:

Scenario

01: You sent out an attack to a neighbour, 50 Macemen.
02: He follows you home with troops with same speed.
03: Your troops get home at (for example) 01:00:00
04: Enemy troops get to you at 01:00:02

Usually, due to latency and reaction time, it's very hard to time troop-locking in the exact second or one second later. There will often be a few seconds time difference. Now, this is basically troop locking again, albeit much harder.

Now, we're going to use the aid of URLs for this trick to work (no worries, no script or illegal action is going to take place):

http://s4.travian.co.uk/a2b.php? z=1211 &c=1 &t=50

This is the URL for sending an attack force to a village and is the second confirmation window you normally see after choosing number of troops etc.

First Bolded Part is the zone code. You're going to open up an attack window to your opponent, and replace the part after "z=" with it.

Second Bolded Part is the type of troops in order of appearence in the troop selection window. 1 is macemen, 2 is axe, so forth. You're going to choose the type of soldier that you sent (Following our example, we sent out Macemen, so we choose 1).

Third Bolded Part is the number of troops chosen. Since we sent out 50 Macemen, we write 50.

Now, we're going to need three browsers running at the same time.

Monitoring Window We're going to need this to see the times of incoming troops.

The URL of our's We're using this to send the troops immediately after they come back.

Another window with our URL This is the real attack.

Let's remember our scenario:

Your troops get home at 01:00:00
Enemy troops get to you at 01:00:02Here's what we're going to do:

01:00:00: From second window, send the 50 Macemen
01:00:01: Immediately cancel the attack.
01:00:02: Enemy troops hit your home -> Your troops arrive at home.
01:00:03: Send your troops now from third window.

You need precise timing and organisation and really good clicking skills for this to work. However, if you manage to pull it off, your opponent will not only curse his luck since you "lucked out" his "insane" troop-lock, but he'll have no idea how you managed to lock him this time. Warning - you might be called a hacker because of this. :P

Of course, greater the gap between your reinf and opponent's soldiers, the easier it is. I haven't really seen a lock pulled off at me without a gap lesser than at least 2 seconds tho, so for the most part, you'll be the nightmare of your opponents.

Enjoy!

Darkcrick
08 Feb 2010, 12:41 PM
Ohhhh, Clever. I like :)

Nyphe
08 Feb 2010, 12:45 PM
Ohhhh, Clever. I like :)Thank you. :)

taylol
08 Feb 2010, 01:29 PM
interesting, i've always done it manually and usually managed returns within 5 seconds, this however looks pretty clever! cheers

Nyphe
08 Feb 2010, 01:45 PM
interesting, i've always done it manually and usually managed returns within 5 seconds, this however looks pretty clever! cheersThanks for the comments. :)

taylol
08 Feb 2010, 01:57 PM
there is just one problem, you are assuming that the player attacking is using macemen (or troops with the same speed as macemen), they could easily be using imperians or swordsmen - and that's where it becomes tricky as you actually have to time how long it'll take them to get back to work out when to send yours after them

Simmo3k
08 Feb 2010, 02:22 PM
there is just one problem, you are assuming that the player attacking is using macemen (or troops with the same speed as macemen), they could easily be using imperians or swordsmen - and that's where it becomes tricky as you actually have to time how long it'll take them to get back to work out when to send yours after them

Then use a troops speed calculator, or just work it out yourself with a bit of paper, it isnt rocket science. :)

Nyphe
08 Feb 2010, 03:11 PM
there is just one problem, you are assuming that the player attacking is using macemen (or troops with the same speed as macemen), they could easily be using imperians or swordsmen - and that's where it becomes tricky as you actually have to time how long it'll take them to get back to work out when to send yours after themYou do realise, that if your opponent's attacking with slower units like Sword or Imp, you can instead easily dodge the attack and have about 5-10 minutes (or even more) window to send your maces to catch back?

Agreed, this is usually for Mace vs Mace, or Leg vs Mace, both of which are common examples at the early stages of competitive game.

taylol
08 Feb 2010, 03:53 PM
You do realise, that if your opponent's attacking with slower units like Sword or Imp, you can instead easily dodge the attack and have about 5-10 minutes (or even more) window to send your maces to catch back?

Agreed, this is usually for Mace vs Mace, or Leg vs Mace, both of which are common examples at the early stages of competitive game.

yep i know, but i always seem to miss doing them when i have to work out the countdown myself lol

atabner
08 Feb 2010, 03:57 PM
Then use this link

http://www.gettertools.com/s3.travian.com.2/31-Interception-calc.

Attacker is the village sending the attack to you. Defender is the village of yours that they are hitting. Catcher is the village you are sending the troops from to chase his home. Obviously catcher and defender can be the same village.

lionheart_007
08 Feb 2010, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure a lot of people knew this but of course it is a decent guide and well presented step by step for those that don't know of it or else get confused by it.

snowy|Riggo
10 Feb 2010, 06:50 PM
http://s4.travian.co.uk/a2b.php? z=1211 &c=1 &t=50

This is the URL for sending an attack force to a village and is the second confirmation window you normally see after choosing number of troops etc.

First Bolded Part is the zone code. You're going to open up an attack window to your opponent, and replace the part after "z=" with it.

Second Bolded Part is the type of troops in order of appearence in the troop selection window. 1 is macemen, 2 is axe, so forth. You're going to choose the type of soldier that you sent (Following our example, we sent out Macemen, so we choose 1).

Third Bolded Part is the number of troops chosen. Since we sent out 50 Macemen, we write 50.

Useful guide... but this part is just plain wrong

z=something is the village-id.

c=something is the attack type (c=3 is an attack, c=4 is a raid and in every other case the troops are set as reinforcements)

then there are the troops:
tx=y
x is the troop type (e.g. 1 for macemen if you're a teuton) and y the number of units you want to send
t1=1000 means you want to send 1k macemen
you can also add different troop types
&t1=1000&t3=1000
means you'll send 1k macemen and axemen each

i'll do a guide on the new urls tomorrow if i find the time... they are extremely useful, not only for dodging attacks and possibly countering them

this is what you get when you use the link you gave
http://s3.travian.co.uk/a2b.php?z=320801&c1=1&t=50 i used the village id of the multihunter
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1449/56642190.png
nothing except the correct coordinates...

this is what you get when you use this link
http://s3.travian.co.uk/a2b.php?z=320801&c3=1&t3=50
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8345/82517911.png

sorry, don't have access to any teuton account right now

gowf
16 Feb 2010, 04:50 PM
pictures needed. Good players will know how to do this anyway, and the ones that dont will need visual stimuli.

Prince o Orange
25 Mar 2011, 07:22 PM
Of course the easiest way to counter attack, or counter counter or whatever, is to use faster troops than the ones attacking you and work out the timings yourself. This is very neat though for if you have no option but to use same speed troops for any reason.

Bully
25 Mar 2011, 07:59 PM
I'm sure most already know this, but for those that don't?
Send an IGM to one of your alliance leaders, and tell them you are being attacked, providing hit time, village co/ords and type of troops being sent. They will also need to know you granary size and level of wall.
Once your IGM has been read, within about 10 mins or so (varies from alliance to alliance), an MM will be sent out asking everyone to deploy 10% - 15% of their def troops. Now just sit back and wait for the reinforcements to arrive just in time to take out the attack...simples:cool: