PDA

View Full Version : Raiding Units in the Beginning

angL
25 Feb 2010, 06:44 AM
Introduction:
In this guide, I'm going to show you how many raiding units you can get at the beginning of the server, with or without gold.

This guide is intended for Travian 3.6, Normal Servers.
I don't know whether the 24 hours of Beginner's Protection that was in place with Server 4 is the T3.6 Standard, but I'm going to assume that is the case for the purpose of this guide. (Any information on this would be greatly appreciated).
This guide will play without quests. When you play without quests, you'll recieve resources from Questmaster every ten hours.
I will calculate the troops numbers for 20th hour, which is the second time you fetch resources.
I will also elaborate on managing construction on a micro level to make better use for wheat. With this, we can get one more troop than advertised. This only works for Gold users, but non-gold users might find it useful to micro manage to have more wheat as well.

Gold Buyers' Guide (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1072437&postcount=2)
Non-Gold Buyers' Guide (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1072441&postcount=3)

Update Notes:

Gold-User Section edited
Introduction for how you recieve resources from Questmaster edited.

angL
25 Feb 2010, 07:30 AM
Gold Buyer's Guide:
Gold-Buyers and Non-Gold-Buyers will get similar number of troops, in fact, Gauls will get exactly the same number of troops. However, if you plan on using NPC as you are raiding, it'll be immensely useful to get Marketplace before you even start raiding, so that once you get resources flowing, you'll never have to stop the Queue for troops. This, and the expanse of building infrastructure and Marketplace, and having (slightly) more troop counts, will only cost you one NPC usage, if you use it just once, after you recieve your 2nd shipments.

We will follow the construction route as follow:

Wheat Field: 1 (70/90/70/20)
Granary: 1 (80/100/70/20)
Warehouse: 1 (130/160/90/40)
Main Building: 2 (90/50/75/25)
Main Building: 3 (115/65/100/35)
Marketplace: 1 (80/70/120/70)
Rally Point: 1 (110/160/90/70)
Barracks: 1 (210/140/260/120)

Everything above costs 885/835/875/400 resources, which is 2995 resources in total.
The reason for Marketplace is to be able to use NPC feature for the rest of the buildings, if you don't want to wait for resources to come.
The reason we extend a Wheat Field is because we'll hit the crop level for Barracks.

Incoming Resources:

With +%25 resources turned on, we will have a production of 10/10/10/0 resources per hour. At the end of 20th hour, this will give us (20hours x 30production) 600 resources.
We will recieve two shipments of 217/247/177/207 resources. This will give us 1696 resources.
In total, we will have 2296 resources.

Teuton Troops: Each Clubswinger costs 250 resources (9 Clubswingers).
Gallic Troops: Each Phalanx costs 315 resources (7 Phalanx).
Roman Troops: Each Legionnaire costs 400 resources (5 Legionnaires).

Micro-Managing
It is possible to micro manage the construction orders so to make best use of Wheat.

First, extend a Wheat Field.
When you're about to overflow on Wheat, build a Granary.
When you're about to overflow on other resources, build a Warehouse.
Fetch your resources from Quest Master at your 10th hour.
Start building rest of the buildings from your 17th hour onwards.

This will give you ~180 more resources compared to above scenarios.
Romans will enjoy an immediate additional Legionnaire (6 Legionnaires).
Teutons & Gauls will be able queue up an additional troop at the end of their chain (10 Clubswingers & 8 Phalanx, respectively).

angL
25 Feb 2010, 07:48 AM
Non-Gold Buyers' Guide:
For Non-Gold Buyer (or someone who doesn't wish to use NPC so early in the game), there's no reason to build Marketplace this early. For him, total amount of resources doesn't matter. What matters is, how much of his prefered resource he's going to get.

Main Building: 2 (90/50/75/25)
Main Building: 3 (115/65/100/35)
Rally Point: 1 (110/160/90/70)
Barracks: 1 (210/140/260/120)
This will give us 225/335/225/500 resources left to work with.

Incoming Resources:

Without +%25 resources turned on, we will have a production of 8/8/8/3 resources per hour. At the end of 20th hour, this will give us 160/160/160/60.
We will recieve two shipments of 217/247/177/207 resources. This will give us 434/494/354/414.
In total, we will have 819/989/739/974 resources.

Teuton Troops: Each Clubswinger costs 95 Wood (8 Clubswingers).
Gallic Troops: Each Phalanx costs 130 Clay (7 Phalanx).
Roman Troops: Each Legionnaire costs 150 Iron (5 Legionnaires)*.

Micro-Managing
It is not useful for non-gold user to micro manage for more troops, but for the added wheat that's going to be needed to help with negative wheat. The practice is the same, really.
Save your resources until you're about to overflow, and otherwise carry on with construction order of buildings as usual.

*: It actually translates to 4.9 Legionnaires, but at the end of 4th Legionnaire, you'll have produced enough Iron for the fifth.

angL
25 Feb 2010, 07:51 AM
Thread is now open for discussion.

Mrgreengenes
25 Feb 2010, 08:31 AM
This must have taken you ages to compile. Was it really worth it?:confused:

Sono
25 Feb 2010, 09:17 AM
Well, I am only on my third (or fourth?) server, and the only one I started from the beginning, so actually a bit of guidance as to how to have as many troops as possible early on is useful to me (and other noobs). It is easy to lose focus on what the objectives should be to grow troop numbers when the Questmaster is pretty pushy about doing the rest of the quests, and easy enough to think something is useful - like improving barracks to reduce build time - when actually it would be better to accelerate resource production first so that troops can be built, even if it is at a higher time per unit.

PS, I believe that's Leif Erickson - I also believe I may have spelled that wrong.

yddraigcoch
25 Feb 2010, 09:20 AM
plus there is no difference between the troop count for gauls and romans with or without gold at the start and the teuts only get 1 additional club so whats the point of waisting the gold.

Yoink
25 Feb 2010, 11:16 AM
Where are these "shipments" coming from?

you only get shipments if you do quests in a certain order...

angL
25 Feb 2010, 11:28 AM
Where are these "shipments" coming from?

you only get shipments if you do quests in a certain order...If you play with no quests, you recieve shipments from Questmaster every Ten Hours. I thought it was common knowledge, sorry, I'll edit it in.

plus there is no difference between the troop count for gauls and romans with or without gold at the start and the teuts only get 1 additional club so whats the point of waisting the gold.Romans do get 6 if they play with Gold and micro manage their resources, but it's correct, the troop counts are similar. But if you use NPC just once, you'll have the same number of troops, plus a granary, warehouse, and marketplace all ready to function as you start raiding.

Thanks for the comments, I'll add in shipments and "Why gold when troop counts are similar?" in as well. Please keep your comments coming.
This must have taken you ages to compile. Was it really worth it?:confused:I never saw this info, not for One Day of Beginner's Protection, and an idea on how many troops you'll start raiding with and how you'll be accelerating from your first day onwards, I believe, is immensely useful. And I do hope that there's merit to what kind of numbers should less experienced players aim for at the beginning.

Update Notes:

Gold-User Section edited
Introduction for how you recieve resources from Questmaster edited.

Yoink
25 Feb 2010, 12:40 PM
So if i select play no quest i will get res shipments haha! i didnt even know, but wouldnt you get more res in the long run from playing the quests??

angL
25 Feb 2010, 12:45 PM
So if i select play no quest i will get res shipments haha! i didnt even know, but wouldnt you get more res in the long run from playing the quests??You can find about how much res you'll get with Quests vs No Quests in this (http://archive.forum.travian.com/showthread.php?t=123774) guide.

In short, you'll recieve %75 of the quest rewards if you play without quests. However, I believe that using the resources from picking "No Quests" is better in both short and the long run, since you'll be having more troops out of BP and thus will start raiding easier.

Whether one should do quests or not is a discussion outside of the scope of this guide, however, for maximum amount of troops before the end of BP, you'll want to play without quests.

yddraigcoch
25 Feb 2010, 12:52 PM
well you don't need to turn on plus to put 25% bonus on for everything and you can use the 35 free gold for everything you mention including the 1 npc you need for the gold user.

angL
25 Feb 2010, 12:58 PM
well you don't need to turn on plus to put 25% bonus on for everything and you can use the 35 free gold for everything you mention including the 1 npc you need for the gold user.I didn't mean you have to have Plus turned on, I just slipped it since I'm accustomed to call them for example, "Plus Wheat". I'll edit it out.

And the Non-Gold section is for those who won't have the money to buy Gold and would rather want to save their gold for future use instead of having one more troop out of BP and a Marketplace. :)

Doaky
25 Feb 2010, 05:02 PM
Very useful, thanks alot angl :)

the_one_in_black
25 Feb 2010, 05:12 PM
w8 so this will work on speed server as well write?

angL
25 Feb 2010, 05:22 PM
Very useful, thanks alot angl :)Thanks for the nice comment. :)
w8 so this will work on speed server as well write?I don't know, I'm sorry.

There are different schools of thoughts for Speed server, some of them do quests, some of them raise certain fields then build troops, and some of them raide fields exclusively (Gauls come to mind).

You should check the speed guides for your choice of tribe and gather your own data, I'm afraid. I really have no idea with what setup you would end up with highest amount of troops after your BP on a speed server.