PDA

View Full Version : Lord Norchard's FAQ

Lord Norchard
27 Aug 2010, 02:13 PM
To see the Official Travian FAQ click here (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)

You may also like to browse this site (http://help.travian.com) for more detailed information on a wide variety of topics.

A big thanks to Saffy and SummerMcLovin who supplied the questions which I answered (ok SummerMcLovin helped with 1 or 2) :).

I've done this because I find there are hardly any player created FAQ's, only guides, if any supporters who aren't listed above have any FAQ's of their own to give me please do so.

What are oases?
Oases give a resource bonus if they are captured. Depending on which one you capture will depend on what bonus you receive. To capture one, you must build a Hero's Mansion and upgrade it to Level 10, create a hero (if you haven't already) and attack the oasis with your hero once it is cleared. To capture a second oasis you will need to upgrade the Hero's Mansion to Level 15 and for a third, level 20. Once you clear the oasis, the village you capture it from will have increased resource production, depending on which type of oasis it is. Oases don’t affect all of your villages; only the one you capture it from. Note that you can only capture oases in the 7x7 of your village and you can only have 3 per village. You can gain lots of hero experience points through clearing oases and they do give out resources when raided. You can attack oases belonging to other players to either capture them or take 10% of what resources are stored in the village the oasis belongs to, for this reason, there are often defending troops in oases belonging to players.

Why are there no trappers, heroes, or oases on s6?
Server 6 runs an older version of Travian. Rather than running the now standard Travian 3.6, it runs Travian version 2.5. Upon registration you can find out whether you are signing up to a Classic server by the banner you click on when registering, it will have Classic written on it. If you ever play on foreign servers this is how you will know whether the server is classic (varies from domain to domain).

What are the Artefacts?
The artefacts are treasures released to a Travian server on Day 130, if they are captured they grant the captor a bonus, depending on the type of artefact. At endgame, many will try and destroy World Wonders and capture World Wonders themselves, artefacts are used to customise the power of the player. However, unless you have an extremely large army (10,000 troops at least) they are a no go area as they are highly protected, to capture one you must destroy the enemy Treasure Chamber and have a Treasure Chamber of your own at level 10. Do not attack unprepared, the battles are not for the faint hearted and even when you have it you will have to fend off opponents who want it to.

For more information on artefacts see: Avi's Artefact Guide (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47415)

How long does it take for a server to restart after endgame?
A speed server should take around 6-8 weeks, but normal servers will take longer due to recent changes in server running times, servers will finish about 40 days earlier due to the changes, to keep in line with servers restarting set months you can expect to see an extra 40 or so days added onto this, depending on the length of the endgame.

Why can’t I register on…?
If you can’t register on a particular server, it could be because 1 of 2 things:
1. The server is in the middle of endgame (registrations close upon release of the Natars, which starts endgame)
2. The server cannot take on any new players (its reached its full capacity), in this case you will be told when you try to register.

How do I send a message to my entire alliance?
To send a message to your entire alliance, all you have to do is put “[ally]” as the recipient, this will send it to the entire alliance. Note that only alliance members who have been given the power to send a message to your entire alliance (also known as “MM’s” can send them.

How do I put the Dove of Peace in my profile?
The Dove of Peace can be put in your profile by clicking “Profile” on the menu on the left side of the screen, clicking “Edit Profile” and entering “[#0]” in one of the large boxes on the screen, NOT any other, I have seen the [#0] code in Location and on both boxes, you only need it on one, many will consider you stupid if you put it on both. If you ever earn a medal, you can put the medal on your profile in the same way.

How do I set up/join an alliance?
To set up an alliance you need 2 requirements, experience in the game, and an Embassy at level 3. You shouldn’t really make an alliance when first playing as you won’t get very far, to join one however you only need to build an embassy at Level 1. You will need to request an invitation from an alliance and then accept it in your embassy, you will then have joined the alliance.

What happens to my troops when a village I’m raiding deletes while troops are en route?
If a village you are raiding deletes your troops are safe, what they do is they carry on to the co-ordinates you set them to (the tile the village was located) and return. As the village has gone, you will not receive a bounty.

What are the “pushing rules”?
First of all, you don’t need to worry about getting banned for it because it is enforced, pushing is sending resources to another player and there are restrictions on how much you can send. There are 3 types of relations with pushing, and depending on which one you have with another player will regulate how much you can send. For more detailed information on pushing rules visit: http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56625

How do I demolish something?
To demolish buildings you will need your Main Building to be at Level 10. Upon it reaching Level 10 there will be a drop down menu. Select the arrow pointing down and choose the building you want to demolish.

Please note: Demolishing buildings works level by level, for example if I wanted to demolish a Level 5 Warehouse completely, I would need to repeat the process 5 times.

What happens when you demolish something?
When you demolish a building you will lose the building itself and your wheat production will increase depending on what you've demolished. Any upgrades/research you have carried out using the building will not be lost. As a result when you have researched everything you want you can demolish the building completely to free up space.

How do I buy Travian Gold?
Travian Gold is purchased (using real money) via the Plus menu, where you will also use your Gold. To access the Plus menu, click anywhere on your Village Overview where it says "Travian Plus". Select from the "Tariffs" section how much you want to buy and proceed to purchase (using one of the payment methods allowed) it will then be credited to your account when purchased.

What is Crop-Locking?
Crop locking is the act of catapulting someone strategically to put them into negative crop so that they cannot progress any further in the game. Generally the buildings catapulted are the Main Building, all Wheat Fields, Flour Mill/Bakery, Marketplace. Reasons for crop locking maybe to turn someone into a farm or to prevent them from becoming to powerful.

What is the difference between "Attack: Normal" and "Attack: Raid"?
An "Attack: Normal" is an attack used to kill enemy troops. When you attack using this the loser loses all his/her troops. However, an "Attack: Raid" is used to collect resources, it will kill troops, but it will not kill them all. A phrase to sum this type of attack up would be "hit and run".

☠☠☠☠

SummerMcLovin
27 Aug 2010, 02:18 PM
It's a good job so far, and you can always edit it to put more questions in as we give you them :)

Don't forget to creidt me for help with some of the answers :p

Not sure what you mean with that last part though...

Lord Norchard
27 Aug 2010, 02:25 PM
It's a good job so far, and you can always edit it to put more questions in as we give you them :)

Don't forget to creidt me for help with some of the answers :p

Not sure what you mean with that last part though...

Hmmm...its gone, I'm sure Avi or someone like that would know what I'm on about, it was on one of Tullias guides, one about friendly fire rules, which appears to have been deleted.

SummerMcLovin
27 Aug 2010, 02:27 PM
Hmmm...its gone, I'm sure Avi or someone like that would know what I'm on about, it was on one of Tullias guides, one about friendly fire rules, which appears to have been deleted.

Could always be in the Archive, but I haven't delved into those murky waters yet... :(

Imperial
27 Aug 2010, 03:05 PM
Hmm, I like it. Hard work LN, keep good working up :idea:

wasp
27 Aug 2010, 05:32 PM
is the restart time for speed servers new could swear the last 3 have taken 2-3 weeks :confused:

SummerMcLovin
27 Aug 2010, 05:36 PM
is the restart time for speed servers new could swear the last 3 have taken 2-3 weeks :confused:

I suppose it will be different, since they are only resetting and restarting the server instead of having to wait for the correct restart month for that server.

wasp
27 Aug 2010, 05:40 PM
I suppose it will be different, since they are only resetting and restarting the server instead of having to wait for the correct restart month for that server.

that is good news :)

Touched
28 Aug 2010, 10:43 AM
Ultimate? :|

There's like 10 questions, ultimate would be 100-200, also anybody could just travian wiki this or w/e.

Keiji_Maeda
28 Aug 2010, 02:23 PM
Could always move my FAQ from .com.au and merge it with this as a collaboration?

http://archive.forum.travian.com.au/showthread.php?t=3380 <- My FAQ

Apart from that, pretty good work here, some ingenious questions :)

Purplejelly86
28 Aug 2010, 02:51 PM

There's like 10 questions, ultimate would be 100-200, also anybody could just travian wiki this or w/e.

Yep, and they're the most easiest of questions.. :(

Mouse-Keyboard
29 Aug 2010, 07:40 PM

And not even the most asked :/

Well, maybe the pushing one is...

Lord Norchard
30 Aug 2010, 07:52 AM

They aren't questions posted on the forum, their ones from the supporters, which you or I wouldn't know about, unless you asked.

Purplejelly86
30 Aug 2010, 08:00 AM
Well, actually yes i would know about, ive been a supporter on another domain before..

I don't see how you can call it the 'Ultimate' FAQ, When its got 10 questions? The most obvious ones aswell? what's ultimate about it?

Lord Norchard
30 Aug 2010, 10:21 AM
Well, actually yes i would know about, ive been a supporter on another domain before..

I don't see how you can call it the 'Ultimate' FAQ, When its got 10 questions? The most obvious ones aswell? what's ultimate about it?

Work in progress, now can you add something constructive as I'm sick of posts making fun of the name. There are at least three now, I'd rather comments to improve it rather than rubbishing the name, which doesn't matter.

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say don't say it at all.

MouthOfTGR
30 Aug 2010, 11:41 AM
Work in progress, now can you add something constructive as I'm sick of posts making fun of the name. There are at least three now, I'd rather comments to improve it rather than rubbishing the name, which doesn't matter.

no offence LN, but the critics are a bit right. its a nice faq for new players, but from an ultimate faq you expect a guide which covers a lot more. its also not really clear why its called after your nick, as the reader then expect: here comes something very special which LN thought out and which i cant read in another faq. but what comes are pretty general statements you would expect from a normal faq.

i mean, ive played this game for three years, and i wouldnt read a normal faq anymore. but when i hear that an experienced player writes an ultimate faq it catches my attention, perhaps some really interesting reading on the benefits of upgrading the heroes mansion to level 15 in the third supply village or when to upgrade bakery in a 7-cropper or why its cool to play with 4 offs. and then its like giving an explanation on how to register on a server...'

so all in all, its a good beginning of a faq. but it would be better to call it something else as it really gives the reader another expectation. what about faq? or just faq me

Purplejelly86
30 Aug 2010, 12:50 PM

Well all were saying is that the questions are the more obvious ones, and that the name doesn't suit it, that is constructive, as it tells you that you need to add more questions and get the name changed.

Lord Norchard
30 Aug 2010, 04:09 PM
no offence LN, but the critics are a bit right. its a nice faq for new players, but from an ultimate faq you expect a guide which covers a lot more. its also not really clear why its called after your nick, as the reader then expect: here comes something very special which LN thought out and which i cant read in another faq. but what comes are pretty general statements you would expect from a normal faq.

i mean, ive played this game for three years, and i wouldnt read a normal faq anymore. but when i hear that an experienced player writes an ultimate faq it catches my attention, perhaps some really interesting reading on the benefits of upgrading the heroes mansion to level 15 in the third supply village or when to upgrade bakery in a 7-cropper or why its cool to play with 4 offs. and then its like giving an explanation on how to register on a server...'

so all in all, its a good beginning of a faq. but it would be better to call it something else as it really gives the reader another expectation. what about faq? or just faq me

Fine, I'll get it changed.

I respect this type of criticism, thanks.

Those are just criticizing without suggesting anything, and annoying. Amalgon, if you've been a supporter before would you like to help me with some questions you got?*

I'll let you off MK because your cool, but the rest are just rubbishing.

* This question is serious, not one you make to make a point, if you were a supporter you qualify to help to, if you can please.

Purplejelly86
30 Aug 2010, 05:04 PM
Sure, id be happy to if you really want

Lord Norchard
30 Aug 2010, 05:13 PM
Please. :)

Purplejelly86
30 Aug 2010, 05:14 PM
Well my skypes on the left i believe, add me on there :)

sheep man
31 Aug 2010, 01:16 AM
wait a sec 6-8 weeks for a server to restart after endgame does that mean when the server is over or including endgame ( day hundred)

Mouse-Keyboard
31 Aug 2010, 10:40 AM
wait a sec 6-8 weeks for a server to restart after endgame does that mean when the server is over or including endgame ( day hundred)

It's day 300, and only approximately, that endgame begins ;)

Purplejelly86
31 Aug 2010, 10:46 AM
Have you forgotten about the server shortening MK :P

All servers that already have artefacts will get WW's after a total running time of 280 days instead of 300 before.

All other servers will get artefacts after 130 days (instead of 150) and WW's after 260 days (instead of 300)

Mouse-Keyboard
31 Aug 2010, 10:48 AM
Have you forgotten about the server shortening MK :P

Yes :oops:

Stitsophrenic
01 Oct 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi there, I'd like to ask a question if I may.
You mention Crop-Locking and I have read about Farming. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Someone is relentlessly attacking my son, who has been playing for about 2 weeks now. He has got to the point where he cannot revive his hero or do much at all. This person continues to attack anyway, at least twice a day.
My son is getting rather upset about it, as he just wants to have the chance to play and progress in the game.
He sent a message to the person politely asking him to stop attacking so he could recover, but the person sent a message back telling him to shove off and delete his account.

Any suggestions?

Carrothead
02 Oct 2012, 07:34 AM
Go to the hero screen and tick the little box so he avoids attacks (it's in the dropdown in the attributes section). That'll save the constant need to revive. Next, cranny up. Build as many crannies as you need to cover your resources. When you're not bleeding resources you're not really a farm anymore! The attacker might keep coming but they won't gain anything from it. You can either try to build up, join an alliance and get defence or get enough resources to get a residence lv10, settlers and move away.

Croplocking is a pain in the bum. If you're not a gold user it's a slow path back to getting up and running.

Stitsophrenic
02 Oct 2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks Carrothead, I'll pass your advice on to my son.
I really don't want him to get disheartened, give up and end up deleting his account because of this.

Carrothead
02 Oct 2012, 04:11 PM
I think the majority of players here have felt like that at some point. If nothing gets better try to encourage him to start another new server, he'll get the hang of it.

Ideally; be gaul, don't let the attacker take any resources at all and avoid building troops if you don't have gold club (for evasion).

Stitsophrenic
02 Oct 2012, 07:50 PM
Thankfully he hasn't given up just yet and has taken your advice on board.
We are both Gaul, so it looks like we made a good choice there. I think he chose a military route which is why he built troops, but I think he's decided (after your earlier advice) that building them is a bit of a waste of time and resources at the moment.
I was sending him reinforcements and resources, but I've stopped since reading that I could get in trouble if I send him too much (something which I wasn't previously aware of).
Thank you again for your continued help and advice.

septimus ii
02 Oct 2012, 07:53 PM
Thankfully he hasn't given up just yet and has taken your advice on board.
We are both Gaul, so it looks like we made a good choice there. I think he chose a military route which is why he built troops, but I think he's decided (after your earlier advice) that building them is a bit of a waste of time and resources at the moment.
I was sending him reinforcements and resources, but I've stopped since reading that I could get in trouble if I send him too much (something which I wasn't previously aware of).
Thank you again for your continued help and advice.

Don't worry about sending him too much :) There are (fairly complicated) rules about exactly how much you can send to whom, but the game automatically stops you from sending more than you're allowed to. Which server are you on?

Carrothead
02 Oct 2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, as septimus said, it's hard coded now so you don't have to worry about accidentally breaking the rules!

Stitsophrenic
02 Oct 2012, 08:44 PM
Thank you Septimus and Carrothead, that's a relief!
We are on ts5.

wgn
03 Oct 2012, 09:24 AM
If worst comes to worst you could find a friendly experienced player and use their gold link to re-register in their quad and have them help your son with resources to quickly rebuild in the new location. Its a win win for your son and the player helping your son as once the new account reaches a certain size the experienced player gets some free gold which benefits them and as long as your son retains a decent level of activity on the account each day the experienced player can mentor them into running a complementary account to their own. As long as your son has a good level of activity and is nice most experienced players would be willing to do this and I've found that this can be a much faster way of recovering from a farm account than fighting to hold onto the farm account.