PDA

View Full Version : Same Second Attacks: How do I do them?

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:14 PM
Same Second Attacks:
How do I do them?
Guide by jackhenderson

Most players at some time when playing travian will have to launch catapults against someone, whether they are real attacks or even faking with any kind of troop. In order to these fakes/attacks to be as effective as possible you need the gap between the attacks to be as little as possible, and the smallest you can get is same second. This guide will explain and show you how to perform these same second attacks. There are many ways to do it and many require specific browsers but the one Iím describing can be used on any browser that has tabs.

What you need to do:

1. Find a village that you want to attack, whether it be looking on the map or going to their village from the target playerís profile. You will see a page like this:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz245/xIMEWATCHDIEIx/333.jpg

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:15 PM
2. Now you have to hold Ctrl + Click the "Send Troops" Link the desired amount of times you wish to hit with catas then once more for a clearing wave (you may wish to also include catas in the 1st clearer wave), I have chosen 7 tabs:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz245/xIMEWATCHDIEIx/000.jpg

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:16 PM
3. Select the amount of troops to attack with, I have chosen to do a fake of 1 clubswinger:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz245/xIMEWATCHDIEIx/111.jpg

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:18 PM
4. Do this for all the tabs and set to "attack" then hit OK, this will take you to a screen like this:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz245/xIMEWATCHDIEIx/222.jpg

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:19 PM
5. When you have all your tabs on this page here is where the tricks come in to make them land same second, you must click OK but keep the mouse held down, then drag the cursor away from the ok and release. Doing this should make a box appear around the ok. After the box is there click nothing on the page or it will disappear. Switch to the next tab being careful only to click the tab, set every tab up in this way and go back to the 1st tab.
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz245/xIMEWATCHDIEIx/444.png

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:20 PM
6. Now what you need to do is hold "Ctrl" at all times. Press "Tab" a few times to make sure that all your tabs are set up with the box around the OK. When you are back at the start and all are set, as fast as you can press- enter, tab, enter, tab, enter, tab, enter, tab...... Etc.
You may want to keep doing it after you reach the end of the tabs to make sure, I myself go through each tab 2 times to make sure they sent but if you did it correctly there should be no problems (you can release Ctrl now). Given your connection speed and the amount of tabs used this method can get your attacks to land all same second or next second if you are using more or on a slower connection. You should end up with something looking like this:
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz245/xIMEWATCHDIEIx/phew.png

~All Done~

Mouse-Keyboard
01 Sep 2010, 05:24 PM
There's already a guide for this :rolleyes:

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40058

Purplejelly86
01 Sep 2010, 05:24 PM
Excactly what i just said to him on skype.

Perhaps you could also crop the screenys? will look neater?

Edit - Btw, im assuming thats the Travian Freak account on S1? :p

Mouse-Keyboard
01 Sep 2010, 05:27 PM
Also, you've given away your troop numbers for the village you used ;)

Purplejelly86
01 Sep 2010, 05:30 PM

Bet he'll say 'Thats all thats home' :p

But either way, now everyone knows where they raid from

Mouse-Keyboard
01 Sep 2010, 05:30 PM
Edit - Btw, im assuming thats the Travian Freak account on S1? :p

Yep, UK1 :rolleyes:

You can tell the village from the rally point view at the end ;)

Purplejelly86
01 Sep 2010, 05:31 PM
Lesa and her
Secret Dual
and the other secret dual :O

Don't think they're profiles accurate anymore, not such a 'Secret' Dual :p

SummerMcLovin
01 Sep 2010, 05:38 PM
I take it this was what you planned to do from yesterday?

There are plenty of guides already on this, that go into more detail and use the Firefox offline trick.

Not a bad guide, but there are better ones...

Jack
01 Sep 2010, 05:51 PM
Perhaps you could also crop the screenys? will look neater?
Done

Bet he'll say 'Thats all thats home' :p
hit the nail on the head ;)

Don't think they're profiles accurate anymore, not such a 'Secret' Dual :p
never was :P
its on my forum profile :D

I take it this was what you planned to do from yesterday?
yes

There are plenty of guides already on this, that go into more detail and use the Firefox offline trick.
but this isnt using the offline way, as i said at the start i have tried many but this is the one i find to be the fastest :P

Not a bad guide, but there are better ones...
thx, and i expect so but i can only do my best ;)

And Amalgon stop spamming me on skype :O

Sebi
01 Sep 2010, 07:12 PM

Umm simply no.
If you compare them both you will see that they are pretty different ... thinking before posting helps dude!

Alex50036
01 Sep 2010, 07:15 PM
yeah not bad guide and a strategy Ive not seen before and yes pretty good still a bit scruffy but not bad I would rate it 7/10

SummerMcLovin
01 Sep 2010, 07:28 PM
Umm simply no.
If you compare them both you will see that they are pretty different ... thinking before posting helps dude!

We all seem to be ganging up on him in this respect, let him be... :p

Imperial
01 Sep 2010, 07:39 PM
Nice guide as a beginning. BUT, Avi should post a thread where to say important guides which should be made by interested members. If we don't have it, guides will repeat very often.

A little doubt, why haven't you posted in only a post. It's not necessary to make a post for every step.

MK and Amalgon, he posted in profile server fields that he's TF from uk1. If you just check it you'll see that I'm right.

SummerMcLovin
01 Sep 2010, 07:47 PM
A little doubt, why haven't you posted in only a post. It's not necessary to make a post for every step.

To be fair, he did write his guide before he posted it in bits, instead of the other way around...

I do agree with you though, and it would have prevented me from almost commenting that he had stopped halfway :oops:

Mouse-Keyboard
01 Sep 2010, 07:56 PM
MK and Amalgon, he posted in profile server fields that he's TF from uk1. If you just check it you'll see that I'm right.

I know, there was other information as well.

abyss
01 Sep 2010, 07:57 PM
Nice guide as a beginning. BUT, Avi should post a thread where to say important guides which should be made by interested members. If we don't have it, guides will repeat very often.

Guides repeating is not a bad thing and the same information can be displayed in various formats therefore giving someone the chance to read what they are comfrotable with.

Necessary or not, it is his guide and he can decide how it is posted? if he likes it that way then so be it.

Purplejelly86
01 Sep 2010, 07:59 PM

Well you've done the same on your guide so far :confused:

Saffy
01 Sep 2010, 09:35 PM
Please stay on topic (Constructive criticism about the guide)

Cait
01 Sep 2010, 10:15 PM
Please stay on topic (Constructive criticism about the guide)

Can we post to the thread that you stopped us posting to then?
I had constructive posts for it but darent!

Cait

Saffy
01 Sep 2010, 10:35 PM
Can we post to the thread that you stopped us posting to then?
I had constructive posts for it but darent!

Cait
What are you taking about?

Cait
01 Sep 2010, 10:36 PM
What are you taking about?

The gaul thing.
completely admit I went off topic in here
but thats because you put 'any posts in here will be deleted' in the gaul intermediate guide....

Cait

Saffy
01 Sep 2010, 10:43 PM
The gaul thing.
completely admit I went off topic in here
but thats because you put 'any posts in here will be deleted' in the gaul intermediate guide....

Cait
Oh, that was because he was still making posts for his guide.

SummerMcLovin
01 Sep 2010, 10:45 PM

I just think that snofooz was wanting somewhere to post it, since we are likely to be waiting for a while if he is writing all 10 sections after the thread was put up.
Make another thread or...?

Purplejelly86
01 Sep 2010, 10:52 PM
Could just leave him a visitor message or PM him with whatever it is you got to say? :?

SummerMcLovin
01 Sep 2010, 10:53 PM
Could just leave him a visitor message or PM him with whatever it is you got to say? :?

I did say that, but it was deleted for being off-topic. As is all this :(

Purplejelly86
01 Sep 2010, 10:54 PM
Well Saffy's actually participating in this 'Spam' so can't say much.

On topic so i don't get in trouble - Nice Guide.

:p

Jack
02 Sep 2010, 10:07 PM
stop spamming my guide :(
you could VM that!

Touched
03 Sep 2010, 11:07 PM

There isn't, that's the same goal, different method. :)

Didn't know about this method tbh, i'm not too sure 'cause I haven't trialled it yet, but is it affected by how fast you can hit tab, enter, tab, enter etc? :)

kingofthemad
03 Sep 2010, 11:43 PM
omg - that is my old uk1 account lol, I named that village after JD introduced me to irn bru :D Thats pretty cool :P

jd*porkchop
03 Sep 2010, 11:46 PM
omg - that is my old uk1 account lol, I named that village after JD introduced me to irn bru :D Thats pretty cool :P

Lol poor JC got his backside handed to him

kingofthemad
04 Sep 2010, 04:38 PM
yeah - the thing is though.. Jc handed me the account.. And I think to his knowlage I still have it under good control :P

I really hope he dosn't read this area of the forum :D

Mouse-Keyboard
04 Sep 2010, 04:39 PM
Who's JC?

notorious crunchie
20 Nov 2016, 12:26 AM
Just cold, in case you were still wondering

wgn
20 Nov 2016, 12:35 AM
The fact that you travelled all the way back to this thread... read it... and then answered MKs 6 year old question...

Strong!

Mercedes
17 Feb 2017, 01:11 PM
Does anyone have an up to date foolproof method? I know it's hardcoded at a maximum four now and tried doing the control/tab method to scroll through but found it really awkward, especially on a Mac keyboard.

My waves are currently embarrassing me :(

notorious crunchie
17 Feb 2017, 02:11 PM
Download k-Meleon, think omega works too

Elisa
17 Feb 2017, 03:52 PM
Does anyone have an up to date foolproof method? I know it's hardcoded at a maximum four now and tried doing the control/tab method to scroll through but found it really awkward, especially on a Mac keyboard.

My waves are currently embarrassing me :(

Some of the Mac OS have some built-in issues with wave sending - if I remember correctly it "helpfully" delays so that form submission only sends once a second, and overriding it requires some dabbling in hidden OS settings. If this is what's going on for you no matter how fast you manage to control-tab, hopefully someone who's corrected it pipes up on how to override that delay.

Since some of its recent updates, Firefox has a dog-horrible delay going on between tabs rendering it almost impossible to use. K-meleon has a problem in that if you already have Firefox installed it uses Firefox innards (at least on PC) which can mean that you end up with the same issue. To fix it and use that combo you need to remove all traces of both browsers on the system, then install an older version and disable updates. On PC that means cleaning all traces from the Registry, something I'm loathe to support because it carries a bit of a "danger danger will robinson" caveat.

There are a lot of recommendations to use old browsers to do wave sending. Because disabling updates renders the browser insecure :S if you go down that route then I personally would then not use that browser for any other websites than Travian.

I use Cometbird on PC which works out of the box and behaves like oldschool Firefox - ie, when you refresh all tabs you can simply hold down the enter key and it moves through the tabs one by one. Since I moved to Windows 10, I'm limited to about 8 tabs before it misbehaves, but it's still better than the control-tab method imo. It still requires disabling updates so that it doesn't "helpfully" update. If you can get this installed on Mac it might work for you.

Mercedes
17 Feb 2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks Crunchie, I tried K-Meleon before years ago but forgot it was still an option. Would you mind giving an explanation of how to use it? It's been a couple of years and I'm a bit rusty!

I haven't heard of Cometbird before so will take a look.

And thank you for the very technical answer Elisa, but I don't think my new Mac has the issues you suggested as I did manage to get three waves in one second, just found it clunky using the control tab method. That may have been the case on older Macs. I do remember a post from MOD Sam when she was here about how to solve those issues if anyone else has them. Found the post here http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70978&p=1344492&viewfull=1#post1344492

Edit: Looked at Cometbird and see it only works with Windows like K-Meleon so will give both a try on my Dell when I can be bothered to get it up and running ;)

Elisa
17 Feb 2017, 05:30 PM
Yeah I'm not a Mac expert at all but it was one of the newer OS that introduced the issue. If you got three in a second already, looks like you're not affected. With the control-tab method you can also try sending 7 and cancel the three that don't land same second (might be an option for you if you're not in the mood to switch computers every time you send fakes).

As for K-meleon on Windows, you should only need to make the menu bar show up and from there you'd probably be able to find the menu options you need, I think they're the same as Firefox ("work offline" etc). http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,130070