PDA

View Full Version : How to be a Successful Teuton

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 01:09 PM
How to be a Successful Teuton by DDD1122 (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/member.php?u=39401)

http://www.travianguides.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/travian-teutons.jpg
In this guide I am going to try and help you to be a successful Teuton at the start or about 2 weeks late in a server. The things you need to have are

A very active account
Being a good raider
Duals, at least 2
Gold

First off, you start the server by opening your account and then logging and, setting the password and all. Next, take a look around you in the map.

http://help.travian.com/img/up/big_map.png
You should look around for possible allies, strong players from last server and farms. Next, the taskmaster will pop up at you.
http://www.travianteam.com/answers/pics/direct_links2.png

Click on him and you should have the option of no tasks. Click it and collect your 1 day Travian plus and your gold. First off, make a rally point and main building. Extend the rally point to one, and due to your plus account you can extend the main building as well. Then if you want to save gold let them grow, if not use it to auto complete. Next get the main building to level 3.

After that you can build barracks. When they are done if you have followed my steps correctly you should have gotten

A Main Building level 3
Barracks level 1
Rally Point level 1

If you have something else, you will have to wait longer before getting clubswingers. If not, you should have enough resources to create 2. Do that. At this time you should have a dual helping out, as it is were you need to start having duals.
Make sure they can raid and spot farms. Then you NPC for more and more troops. Collect the resources the taskmaster gives you and USE THEM for TROOPS ONLY. When the people break free of BP, you need to keep raiding, and that is where raiding comes in.

Until you get at least 200 troops, don't extend anything at all except for 1 cropland, below is a report from a population 15, which is me. At the time I had 151 troops with 15 population, and -151 wheat production.
http://travian-reports.net/us/img/6003767a0ec.png

Ok, then after that you extend all your croplands to level 1, then start building up academy, residence and everything else.

I (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/member.php?u=39401) Hope this helps

h h h
29 Oct 2010, 01:46 PM
Very annoying having to scroll side to side,

The picture you took of the map you are already 250pp + where you say you are a 15pop?

You leave a player with -151 crop and no feilds and no DEF :(

At the end you dont explain why to build acad up dont explain when to build res up ext.

Dont like it////

Harry

barnabydriver
29 Oct 2010, 02:35 PM
A Main Building level 3
Barracks level 1
Rally Point level 1
Then you NPC for more and more troops.

You NPC'd without a Marketplace? Never lets me...

Mad dog
29 Oct 2010, 02:36 PM
not really an Intermediate tutorial...

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 02:42 PM
You NPC'd without a Marketplace? Never lets me...
Then use a brain and simply point out that I forgot that.

not really an Intermediate tutorial...
Well, I though begginers dont use teuts, and its not advanced enough for advanced, so yeah..

Mad dog
29 Oct 2010, 02:47 PM
Then use a brain and simply point out that I forgot that.

Well, I though begginers dont use teuts, and its not advanced enough for advanced, so yeah..

lol believe me iv seen my fair share of nooby teutons

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 02:49 PM
Well, its for people who can actually do all this.

Mad dog
29 Oct 2010, 02:52 PM
Well, its for people who can actually do all this.

if it's for people that can already do this, then what would be the point of doing the tutorial?

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 03:03 PM
I mean people who can understand

Mad dog
29 Oct 2010, 03:11 PM
I mean people who can understand

people that can understand... who would that be then?

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 03:29 PM
Your either trying to get me to swear, to make me look like a fool, or both.

almosthuman
29 Oct 2010, 03:34 PM
when you putting up your roman and gaul tutorial...cant wait !

Purplejelly86
29 Oct 2010, 03:42 PM
Your either trying to get me to swear, to make me look like a fool, or both.

Think your making yourself look the fool to be honest mate.

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 03:47 PM
So basicly I put 2 hours effort in for nothing?

Any btw at the one before lasts post- was that sarcasim

Purplejelly86
29 Oct 2010, 03:51 PM

Instead of rushing it and doing it in 2 hours, perhaps you should have taken long, and gone into more detail and checked it over? Would've been worth the extra effort I think. :)

commander
29 Oct 2010, 04:33 PM
In essence, this is a Teuton start up guide, which I'm sure has been done before, and to a better standard. So I just don't see the need for it.

Skepta
29 Oct 2010, 04:38 PM
I don't get all the criticism... if you're going to criticise his work at least be constructive about it.

Having said that, the "early teut raider guide" is probably the most common one around, so it's the hardest to get right - without just repeating what's already been said.

jamesb
29 Oct 2010, 07:23 PM

I like it! I like it a lot!

This is half sarcasm but not all!

Fizzy
29 Oct 2010, 07:31 PM

Not necessarily, but I think you need to go back and improve it a little. I'd also suggest having a look at some of the other similar guides on the forum, and see if they're missing anything. You might find that guide A mentions x but not y, and guide B mentions y but not x. By including both in your guide, you would make yours more complete, and more worthwhile. I would mention however that plagiarism is not very friendly, so make sure anything you get from other guides you put it all in your words

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 07:35 PM
I don't get all the criticism... if you're going to criticise his work at least be constructive about it.

Having said that, the "early teut raider guide" is probably the most common one around, so it's the hardest to get right - without just repeating what's already been said.

Thanks. Appreciate someone likes my work. :) Oh, and @ the post that said when is your romans tutorial- I dont play romans, they suck. :D

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/DDD1122/Leginoer.jpg

On the other hand, I can do a gaul guide if you like, as I have been a successful gaul once. :cool:
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/DDD1122/Travian/Chieftain-1.jpg

jamesb
29 Oct 2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks. Appreciate someone likes my work. :) Oh, and @ the post that said when is your romans tutorial- I dont play romans, they suck. :D

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/DDD1122/Leginoer.jpg

On the other hand, I can do a gaul guide if you like, as I have been a successful gaul once. :cool:
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/DDD1122/Travian/Chieftain-1.jpg

Me not like you any more, me like romans!

Fhuaran
29 Oct 2010, 07:47 PM
I dont play romans, they suck. :D

Oh really? Do please elaborate...

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 07:49 PM
Ah well...

And btw thanks Smod, I'll try to do that for my gaul guide-

IT IS COMING OUT TOMORROW

jamesb
29 Oct 2010, 07:50 PM
Ah well...

I look forward to reading it!

Fizzy
29 Oct 2010, 07:59 PM
Ah well...

well, I was really suggesting you try to improve (edit and deepen) this one. I think that would be better before you embark on another.

Mad dog
29 Oct 2010, 09:30 PM

I hate waiting, Especially for something as good as this. well done mate

Baldylox
29 Oct 2010, 09:47 PM

As no one else has said it, "Thank you for the effort"

Touched
29 Oct 2010, 10:10 PM
You've asked for constructive criticism, so here you go:

I'm not the best teuton there is, far from it but I'd say I've got the grip of start game and how to play it, I've tried many methods and worked out which ones work best and which don't.

Looking at your theory, you've started two weeks late on I'm presuming a slow server, thus there will be people out of BP for 11 days, which would in theory leave a lot of players available for raiding, and also lots of raiders already well on their way to V3. So you shouldn't just assume that 'no quests' is the best option, however I'd probably suggest it - you might want to mention that you can also play quests up until economy and then build a barracks for NPC purposes and a steady income.

I disagree with not building anything, you can be a 24/7 account but if you make one big raid you leave yourself vulnerable. In the guide itself, you have a raid with ~90 mace and you said at the time you have roughly 150. Thus you left the possibility for someone to follow home (that village or another) 60% of your mace. If you have no fields rebuilding that from 60 mace when you've already been targeted can be a hard time. So I'd always say gradually build your fields up while queueing maces, they should always be your priority however.

This brings me on to a second point not even mentioned in the guide? Or where you have, given terrible advice. Building just troops is the boat for fail. Maces take 12 minutes (of the top of my head) at level one, that's only 5 an hour. So training 200 will take you AGES. You should train only mace until you can queue them constantly. At this point, it's time for a barracks upgrade, however expensive this may seem, it's a must. From experience by 200 mace dependant on losses you'll at least be on a level 5 barracks - this has many variables though, such as quality of farms, troop losses and server type.

Another factor not mentioned, or at least left to be explored by yourself is paladins, by 200 mace I am generally ready to research/have researched paladins and so I think this could be factored into your guide. It's way to short, the guide itself doesn't even deserve to be called a guide, it tells you what you need to do but gives you no advice on how to get there and just simply isn't long enough.

In terms of the guide and it's visual aspect, I dislike the font, keep it the usual forum font - it's much neater and easier to read etc. The image in the middle is just annoying, the scrolling etc, resize it using photobucket or an online resize website? The headings could be made clearer I think as well, a tip I learnt when writing guides is to use the YellowGreen option, as it generally make it look more proffesional and travian-ny.

If you want more tips or whatever just PM me, I'd suggest looking over other guides and maybe reading their strategies and have a good look at their layouts for use on your guide - after all this has one purpose and that's education of new/newer players. Don't steal any content though. However it's a good shell for a guide, and a nice attempt with the images etc, don't write another until you improve this one though, it's just not good enough - sorry :/

Marc

DDD1122
29 Oct 2010, 10:47 PM
You've asked for constructive criticism, so here you go:

I'm not the best teuton there is, far from it but I'd say I've got the grip of start game and how to play it, I've tried many methods and worked out which ones work best and which don't.

Looking at your theory, you've started two weeks late on I'm presuming a slow server, thus there will be people out of BP for 11 days, which would in theory leave a lot of players available for raiding, and also lots of raiders already well on their way to V3. So you shouldn't just assume that 'no quests' is the best option, however I'd probably suggest it - you might want to mention that you can also play quests up until economy and then build a barracks for NPC purposes and a steady income.

I disagree with not building anything, you can be a 24/7 account but if you make one big raid you leave yourself vulnerable. In the guide itself, you have a raid with ~90 mace and you said at the time you have roughly 150. Thus you left the possibility for someone to follow home (that village or another) 60% of your mace. If you have no fields rebuilding that from 60 mace when you've already been targeted can be a hard time. So I'd always say gradually build your fields up while queueing maces, they should always be your priority however.

This brings me on to a second point not even mentioned in the guide? Or where you have, given terrible advice. Building just troops is the boat for fail. Maces take 12 minutes (of the top of my head) at level one, that's only 5 an hour. So training 200 will take you AGES. You should train only mace until you can queue them constantly. At this point, it's time for a barracks upgrade, however expensive this may seem, it's a must. From experience by 200 mace dependant on losses you'll at least be on a level 5 barracks - this has many variables though, such as quality of farms, troop losses and server type.

Another factor not mentioned, or at least left to be explored by yourself is paladins, by 200 mace I am generally ready to research/have researched paladins and so I think this could be factored into your guide. It's way to short, the guide itself doesn't even deserve to be called a guide, it tells you what you need to do but gives you no advice on how to get there and just simply isn't long enough.

In terms of the guide and it's visual aspect, I dislike the font, keep it the usual forum font - it's much neater and easier to read etc. The image in the middle is just annoying, the scrolling etc, resize it using photobucket or an online resize website? The headings could be made clearer I think as well, a tip I learnt when writing guides is to use the YellowGreen option, as it generally make it look more proffesional and travian-ny.

If you want more tips or whatever just PM me, I'd suggest looking over other guides and maybe reading their strategies and have a good look at their layouts for use on your guide - after all this has one purpose and that's education of new/newer players. Don't steal any content though. However it's a good shell for a guide, and a nice attempt with the images etc, don't write another until you improve this one though, it's just not good enough - sorry :/

Marc

Ok, first of all.

I am sorry mate, but as you quoted at the start you aren't very experienced with Teuton's. I am saying this defending what all the big raiders have told me. YOU HAVEN'T UNDERSTOOD IT PROPERLY.

Sorry about that, so I will explain. You mention that clubs take 12 minutes to train? Well it is a slow server after all mate, and when I was doing it overnight I had it lined up training for 4 hours.

Then again you can NPC for resources when you make enough by raiding, and then you start building 3 croplands, the warehouse, granary and then marketplace.

I am afraid that the colour isn't anything to do with how good it is, but of course look matters, but seriously. I DID NOT STEAL ANY CONTENT I AM MOST SORRY TO ADMIT. I am not stupid enough to do that no matter how stupid I make myself look.

And about the 200 clubs thing. Maybe you simply suggest I lower that value? It took me 5 days to raise 170 clubswingers, and many of the bigger players expect 300 from then, so simply, I think you underestimate the Teuton way. :D

And photobucket DOESN'T resize like that I am very sorry to say. And if you click the → or ← button on your keyboard it allows you to scroll quicker.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll be sure to change to YellowGreen soon. ;)

Mouse-Keyboard
29 Oct 2010, 11:07 PM
Ok, first of all.

I am sorry mate, but as you quoted at the start you aren't very experienced with Teuton's.

No he didn't, he said he isn't the best ;)

I am saying this defending what all the big raiders have told me. YOU HAVEN'T UNDERSTOOD IT PROPERLY.

No one so far seems to have understood it properly :rolleyes:

I had it lined up training for 4 hours.

And?

Then again you can NPC for resources when you make enough by raiding, and then you start building 3 croplands, the warehouse, granary and then marketplace.

You explicitly said not to do any of those :rolleyes:

I am afraid that the colour isn't anything to do with how good it is, but of course look matters, but seriously.

Presentation is very important for a guide ;)

I DID NOT STEAL ANY CONTENT I AM MOST SORRY TO ADMIT. I am not stupid enough to do that no matter how stupid I make myself look.

They never said you did, they said not to ;)

And about the 200 clubs thing. Maybe you simply suggest I lower that value?

Why?

And photobucket DOESN'T resize like that I am very sorry to say. And if you click the → or ← button on your keyboard it allows you to scroll quicker.

Use tinypic (http://tinypic.com/), it allows you to resize pics ;)

C.G.
29 Oct 2010, 11:08 PM
And about the 200 clubs thing. Maybe you simply suggest I lower that value? It took me 5 days to raise 170 clubswingers, and many of the bigger players expect 300 from then, so simply, I think you underestimate the Teuton way. :D

No he was suggesting that you'd need to upgrade your barracks to get there quicker, nothing to do with lowering the number of mace.

All in all basic stuff that i've seen done better elsewhere and when it starts off with one of the preconditions as being having 2 or more duals you kind of know you it ain't going to be too great.

Touched
29 Oct 2010, 11:23 PM
Ok, first of all.

I am sorry mate, but as you quoted at the start you aren't very experienced with Teuton's. I am saying this defending what all the big raiders have told me. YOU HAVEN'T UNDERSTOOD IT PROPERLY.

Aren't very experience? Just two and a bit years with the tribe, I dare say more than yourself. The big raiders? Can I have names please, the only raider I've ever considered to be outstanding was Jordan (Caso) on the moneypit account UK6r1 where he smashed all attempts we could make at catching him, and we were second raider by a considerable amount.

Sorry about that, so I will explain. You mention that clubs take 12 minutes to train? Well it is a slow server after all mate, and when I was doing it overnight I had it lined up training for 4 hours.

Yeah and guess what, they take 1:37 at a level 20 barracks which would you rather have? Top raiders never stop their queues, and when they are stopped it's for good reason or a very short time.

NPC before marketplace? Just once again proves the standard of the guide, you need a marketplace up, this is the second most essential building - it should be up when you have 5/10 clubs.

I am afraid that the colour isn't anything to do with how good it is, but of course look matters, but seriously. I DID NOT STEAL ANY CONTENT I AM MOST SORRY TO ADMIT. I am not stupid enough to do that no matter how stupid I make myself look.

Stealing content was never suggested, I just said not to, so what are you on about? Colour and presentation are often more important than content, if it's too long without nice pretty features, many will tl;dr unless they are very serious players, who certainly won't get anything for this 'guide'

170 clubs in 5 days? I suggest you go away and play the game well before writing guides, that's not very impressive. 300 in 5 days isn't massive either, many are on there way to 400-500 with a considerable pala count.

It does, well mine does, so maybe yours is broken? Fiddle around with it, it certainly lets you. Naa, effort, not worth making for this anyway.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll be sure to change to YellowGreen soon. ;)

I gave you constructive feedback and you flame me, just stupid really - doing yourself and your 'guide' no favours.

Marc .

The Analyst
29 Oct 2010, 11:48 PM
I dont want add to the critism, but as a non gold, solo, successful tuet, I can say that neither are compulsary to be a success. Both high activety and raiding hard are needed however.

commander
29 Oct 2010, 11:52 PM
'Success' is somewhat subjective though. People will likely have different views on what is 'successful', though I guess ultimately, its down to what the individual feels is successful for themselves.

Personally however, I would say gold is a factor in being hugely successful, in terms of what I regard as successful.

As to duals though, I agree a solo account can be very successful by anyones interpretation. Any more than 2 people on an account (slow server) really is just un-necessary in my opinion.

almosthuman
30 Oct 2010, 01:13 AM
i must say that getting 500mace and a load of paladins by the 5th day is pretty impressive,especially if you are having parties to boost c/ps(usually 3 will get you the 2nd village 8-10 day).

Touched
30 Oct 2010, 02:27 AM
i must say that getting 500mace and a load of paladins by the 5th day is pretty impressive,especially if you are having parties to boost c/ps(usually 3 will get you the 2nd village 8-10 day).

This was based on starting week two, which gives you 5 days to actually raid. Day 5 from server start is neigh on impossible ;D Really does depend on farms etc, I have seen better than 500 mace actually; but generally you'll fall short, around 400-450 mace with 25-75 paladins. However, if you're partying earlier and want to settle by day 10 then usually the paladin queue suffers and so does the mace count.

Jaffa
01 Dec 2010, 08:26 AM
It's an okay guide, I haven't got anything to complain about, but I have never been a Tueton, so I might next server.

ElementalGoDz
01 Dec 2010, 09:25 PM
I see you edited, still rather short and untidy

scrabble3112
02 Dec 2010, 03:00 AM
Nice attempt at a guide although needs a fair bit of improvment

Guides are that, guides my way isnt the best for all, but its far from wrong.

Ive played solo in the past, only recently found a dual.

Ive also always worked my way through the quests.

Personally i build no more than than 300 mace b4 village 2, Its a balance between outlay and return.

Im no expert teut but the way to get better is to listen to the people who offer advise. Not all will work and fit your game style but if you listen at least you have options.

almosthuman
02 Dec 2010, 03:59 PM
Nice attempt at a guide although needs a fair bit of improvment

Guides are that, guides my way isnt the best for all, but its far from wrong.

Ive played solo in the past, only recently found a dual.

Ive also always worked my way through the quests.

Personally i build no more than than 300 mace b4 village 2, Its a balance between outlay and return.

Im no expert teut but the way to get better is to listen to the people who offer advise. Not all will work and fit your game style but if you listen at least you have options.

i agree,there is no cast-iron guide for early raiding..it all depends on the amount and proximity of inactives and how far out you are prepared to farm,a good farming strategy should always be more beneficial for quite a few good reasons(it is however time-consuming),and the benefit of this activety is that teutons are the race that can become MASSIVE powerhouses early game.

Im sure that many players have adapted their gameplay of teutons early doors as they gain experience and many have their "formulas to success",but the main thing they have in common is high activety levels.