PDA

View Full Version : Roman Guide for Simming Players

DDD1122
30 Oct 2010, 12:33 PM
Guide To Playing Roman
http://ratoeiraeletrica.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/travian-roman-image11.jpg?w=248&h=300

Because of a mistake of me my Teuton guide has been removed due to an illegal map in it, coming from traviandope. I would like to apologize for that.

Now that is done, I can get on to the guide. When I'm a Roman I don't tend to build up loads and loads of troops at the start, unless you plan to play defensive because the Legionnaire can defend against Clubswingers, and definitely Phalanxes. If you don't want to play defensively, or offensively too soon, follow this guide.

What I'm basically going to sum up here is that

Simmers can Fly high too
You Need resource tiles
No matter which style you are, troops MATTER

Ok, so first of all you open Travian, you see your pop 2 village, and the Questmaster pops up. Unlike offensive Teuton's, you will take the quests, but in a slightly different way. First you do everything up to task 22, everything till two. Instead, get a cranny to level 10 and then do it. After that,

Extend your Warehouse to level 7
Get your granary to level 5
Extend all resource tiles to level 4

Your production should be a very nice 100 or around there. After that I recommend finishing the tasks, but make sure you get a nice alliance. But there you should be vulnerable. Don't worry though, if you followed the guide right, your cranny should have saved most resources. Next what you do is,

Make a Rally Point
Make The Main Building Level 3
Barracks Level 3
20 Troops
Academy Level 1
Armoury Level 1
Praetorians
20 Praetorians

Now that should make a suitable defence against attackers. With your production it should only take a day or two to do. After that you can continue to make a 2nd village, Town Hall and all. But to get those I recommend level 8 resource tiles, producing 800 per hour. Please remember that this is a Normal server guide, and if it is a speed server you should be able to do this in at most 5 days. ;)

Thanks for Reading.

By DDD1122

baldymorph
30 Oct 2010, 12:58 PM
Didn't you say in your deleted thread that Romans suck????? More like your guides that suck. You ignored advice from an experienced Mod to read other people's guides and pick the best out of them and present it in your own words. Have you actually tried to play the game this way? You may aswell just write a guide that says:

a) start game
b) build stuff
c) finish game

It's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

If your gameplay is anything like your guides then DISPLAY your IGN and I will pay you a visit....

Purplejelly86
30 Oct 2010, 01:14 PM
Seriously, as others have said, Instead of rushing the Guide, spend more time on it and go into greater detail..

Mouse-Keyboard
30 Oct 2010, 02:08 PM
20 praets? I could take that down :P

DDD1122
30 Oct 2010, 02:41 PM
Its the start of the server.

Mouse-Keyboard
30 Oct 2010, 02:49 PM
Its the start of the server.

You don't mention getting more...

DDD1122
30 Oct 2010, 03:08 PM
Didn't you say in your deleted thread that Romans suck????? More like your guides that suck. You ignored advice from an experienced Mod to read other people's guides and pick the best out of them and present it in your own words. Have you actually tried to play the game this way? You may aswell just write a guide that says:

a) start game
b) build stuff
c) finish game

It's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

If your gameplay is anything like your guides then DISPLAY your IGN and I will pay you a visit....

This is a start of server guide

Mad dog
30 Oct 2010, 04:55 PM
This is a start of server guide

the title says "Guide To Playing Roman" or "Roman Guide for Simming Players" both these names don't tell me it's just for the start... When i opened this i was very exited to know about the end game roman... but i was miss-leaded..

DDD1122
30 Oct 2010, 05:02 PM
Well sorry.

Westin
31 Oct 2010, 03:45 AM
I was also excited. I thought this would focus on midgame simming leading up to being an economic powerhouse for endgame. :(

Touched
31 Oct 2010, 07:47 PM
Another beauty, just don't bother posting unless you have something worth posting. This isn't.

MouthOfTGR
31 Oct 2010, 09:19 PM
2 notes:
building troops is not something a true simmer would do
you are better off not building those troops
conclusion: not a good guide

MrWibble
01 Nov 2010, 12:48 AM
2 notes:
building troops is not something a true simmer would do
you are better off not building those troops
conclusion: not a good guide

Surely most roman simmers sim for one reason only - to build and keep troops.

MouthOfTGR
01 Nov 2010, 05:05 AM
Surely most roman simmers sim for one reason only - to build and keep troops.

he is suggesting building troops far too early

notorious crunchie
01 Nov 2010, 02:19 PM
I'm always roman (though really really not a simmer) and at the start of the game you only need 5/10 legionairees as the o ly attacks you will see are tiny raiding parties of macemen who won't wammy lose 1 troop as it'll slow em down, late they will come if you haven't built more but still
in my book it's a waste of res reseaeching prets so early, you should be focusing on getting a second village as soon as possible
(bloody tuetons take the best ones, man I hate them!!!)
though you can also do the raiding loads as a roman. You shouldn't keep up with the tuetons but well done if you do and this will give your fields a boost but it's best to stop before long as the Teutons from a massie radius will be hitting all your farms for the extra 7 res each and you won't get a dime anymore grrrrrrr

HAIRYharry
01 Nov 2010, 02:35 PM
that guide is pants,,

i am a simming roman and i've done nothing like that,

i am now top 400 and going up.

to start with you need warehouse level 1 granary level 1 and main building level 3, to get your market,, maybe 2x wheat to level 1..

then as long as you're a gold user you are not limited.

DDD1122
03 Nov 2010, 08:47 PM
Well if they are pants try to adapt and wear them. XD

fza|flacidbell|bangbus
03 Nov 2010, 09:47 PM
the last round i played i was the speed server's roman super simmer (http://www.gettertools.com/speed.travian.co.uk.4/Player/2990-Bang-Bus) and i definitely did not do anything in your guide (well i did it all, but just not as you say to do it)

if you are going to sim, then dont make a single troop unless you are going to use it to farm with. if you are making troops to defend with then that is just throwing res down the toilet. dodge attacks and spend your res before attacks hit.

simming is an extremely good way to fund armies so it should not be put down and you should not expect someone who is simming to have no troops. with some solid simming for the first 40 days of a speed server, you can have level 18-19 fields in cap, 25-30 vills, and have the resources available for 10-15 days of offense building in gb/gs giving you an army that is ready to go grab yourself some artifacts.

jockstrap
04 Nov 2010, 03:07 PM
the last round i played i was the speed server's roman super simmer (http://www.gettertools.com/speed.travian.co.uk.4/Player/2990-Bang-Bus) and i definitely did not do anything in your guide (well i did it all, but just not as you say to do it)

if you are going to sim, then dont make a single troop unless you are going to use it to farm with. if you are making troops to defend with then that is just throwing res down the toilet. dodge attacks and spend your res before attacks hit.

simming is an extremely good way to fund armies so it should not be put down and you should not expect someone who is simming to have no troops. with some solid simming for the first 40 days of a speed server, you can have level 18-19 fields in cap, 25-30 vills, and have the resources available for 10-15 days of offense building in gb/gs giving you an army that is ready to go grab yourself some artifacts.

:D Your village names have always cracked me up :D

framer
04 Nov 2010, 04:36 PM

Now that, travianeers, is a guide worth keeping

Alex50036
21 Nov 2010, 09:14 PM
sadly enough this guide is pretty... rubbish dosen't really tell me what I was looking for. I'm always on the lookout for new ways to improve my game and this didn't deliver infact this strategy is relatively commonplace among n00bs and 4 years ago when I first started playing I avoided that startegy as it looked pretty dodgy and in the alst 4 years it seems the n00bs havn't learned yet I'd give the guide 2/10 1 as a least possible and 2 because it looked relatively nice looking and organized

b boy
04 Jul 2012, 05:17 PM
I made a kind of guide, it explains roman troop stats, what they do and their carrying capacity, so if you have travian plus then i advise you copy/paste it and put it in your 'notebook' (if it's useful:D).

Basic Troop Information:

Type Of Troop:----------------------------Carrying Capacity:

1) Hero- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -0/ Infinity (On Adventure)
2) Legionnaire- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 50
3) Praetorian- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 20
4) Imperian- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -50
5) Equites Legati- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 0
6) Equites Imperatoris- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 100
7) Equites Caesaris - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -70
8) Battering Ram- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troop Stats:

Attack: | Defense(Infantry): | Defense(Cavalry): | Upkeep: | Speed:

1) Sorry, I Don't Have This Info On The Hero...
2) 40---------35-----------------------------50----------- -1 Wheat---6 Fields/Hour
3) 30---------65-----------------------------35----------- -1 Wheat---5 Fields/Hour
4) 70---------40-----------------------------25----------- -1 Wheat---7 Fields/Hour
5) 0----------20-----------------------------10----------- -2 Wheat---16 Fields/Hour
6) 120-------65-----------------------------50----------- -3 Wheat---14 Fields/Hour
7) 180-------80-----------------------------105---------- -4 Wheat---10 Fields/Hour
8) 60---------30----------------------------75------------ -3 Wheat---4 Fields/Hour
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What The Troops Do:

1) = Hero: The Hero can go on adventures, and help in battle, but cannot carry resources unless on an adventure.

2) = Legionnaire: The Legionnaire is an all-round troop. It has reasonable stats and can carry a decent amount.

3) = Praetorian: The Praetorian is a very defensive troop. It has an o.k. attack value but cannot carry much.

4) = Imperian: The Imperian is an all-out attack troop. It has a slight bit of defense for when it is called for and has a decent carrying capacity.

5) = Equites Legati: The Equites Legati only has so much use. It is a scout, and ONLY a scout. It has no carrying capacity or attack, it also has low defense.

6) = Equites Imperatoris: The Equites Imperatoris is an all-round mounted troop. It has good attack and defense, but at the same time can carry a lot.

7) = Equites Caesaris: The Equites Caesaris is the most powerful mounted troop, but also the most powerful troop overall. it has a brilliant carrying capacity and amazing stats.

8) = Battering Ram: The Battering Ram is purely for knocking down barriers and buildings. it has no carrying capacity and hardly any defense against infantry.

Pallosalama
04 Jul 2012, 10:04 PM
9) = Fire Catapult: The Fire Catapult is used to destroy enemy buildings. It has no carrying capacity, consumes alot of wheat and has some attack and defense values.
10) = Senator: The Senator is troop you need if you wish to conquer enemy village(s). Roman one is best on lowering morality out of all tribes. Remember that it costs alot and is alone very weak, so remember to bring cleaner among it always.

b boy
05 Jul 2012, 06:51 AM
Oh yea:eek:, i forgot those because i haven't unlocked them yet. Sorry.
I'll post them up in more detail soon, including stats and carrying capacity.:cool:

b boy
05 Jul 2012, 07:44 AM
Basic Troop Information:

Type Of Troop: Carrying Capacity:

1) Hero- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -0/ Infinity (On Adventure)
2) Legionnaire- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 50
3) Praetorian- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 20
4) Imperian- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -50
5) Equites Legati- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 0
6) Equites Imperatoris- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 100
7) Equites Caesaris - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -70
8) Battering Ram- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 0
9) Fire Catapult- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -0
10) Senator - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -0
11) Settler- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3000

Troop Stats:

Attack: | Defense(I): | Defense(C): | Upkeep: | Speed:
1) Sorry, I don't have this info on the Hero.
2)-------40---------35---------------50---------- -1 Wheat----6 Fields/Hour
3)-------30---------65---------------35---------- -1 Wheat----5 Fields/Hour
4)-------70---------40---------------25---------- -1 Wheat----7 Fields/Hour
5)-------0-----------20---------------10---------- -2 Wheat----16 Fields/Hour
6)-------120-------65---------------50---------- -3 Wheat----14 Fields/Hour
7)-------180-------80---------------105--------- -4 Wheat----10 Fields/Hour
8)-------60---------30---------------75---------- -3 Wheat----4 Fields/Hour
9)-------75---------60---------------10---------- -6 Wheat----3 Fields/Hour
10)-----50---------40---------------50---------- -5 Wheat----4 Fields/Hour
11) Sorry, I don't have this info on the Settler.

What The Troops Do:

1) = Hero: The Hero can go on adventures, and help in battle, but cannot carry resources unless on an adventure.

2) = Legionnaire: The Legionnaire is an all-round troop. It has reasonable stats and can carry a decent amount.

3) = Praetorian: The Praetorian is a very defensive troop. It has an o.k. attack value but cannot carry much.

4) = Imperian: The Imperian is an all-out attack troop. It has a slight bit of defense for when it is called for and has a decent carrying capacity.

5) = Equites Legati: The Equites Legati only has so much use. It is a scout, and ONLY a scout. It has no carrying capacity or attack, it also has low defense.

6) = Equites Imperatoris: The Equites Imperatoris is an all-round mounted troop. It has good attack and defense, but at the same time can carry a lot.

7) = Equites Caesaris: The Equites Caesaris is the most powerful mounted troop, but also the most powerful troop overall. it has a brilliant carrying capacity and amazing stats.

8) = Battering Ram: The Battering Ram is purely for knocking down barriers. It has no carrying capacity and hardly any defense against infantry.

9) = Fire Catapult: The Fire Catapult is just a more powerful and more expensive version of the Battering Ram but instead it knocks down buildings. It has a higher upkeep and no carrying capacity but it has a randomized shot, meaning it can take out a cranny or multiple buildings.

10) = Senator: The Senator is like a settler, only the village would take longer to get. If the Senator attacks a village, the villages 'loyalty' would go down. If it reaches 0 then the village is conquered, BUT the buildings stay, making the waiting a more profitable attack.

11) = Settler: The Settler allows the player to found a new village, but they are very expensive and you need a palace level 10 to make 3 (3 are needed to make a new village) and a level 15 palace to make another 3. The next level would be 20, but that is the max level.

PinkFairyKing
05 Jul 2012, 07:13 PM
Palace can only be built to level 20.

Cait
07 Jul 2012, 04:23 PM
8) = Battering Ram: The Battering Ram is purely for knocking down barriers and buildings. it has no carrying capacity and hardly any defense against infantry.

9) = Fire Catapult: The Fire Catapult is just a more powerful and more expensive version of the Battering Ram. It has a higher upkeep and no carrying capacity but it has a randomized shot, meaning it can take out a cranny or multiple buildings.

They're not the same bboi

Rams ONLY knock down walls
Cats ONLY knock down everything else (either targetted or random)

Cait

Pallosalama
23 Jul 2012, 10:21 PM
Also, when you raise your Rally Point to 10 you can target every building except Stone Mason, Trapper and Cranny. (You can target some buildings at lower Rally Point levels and shoot with random at any RP level) Those three buildings can only hit by random.