PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Raiding Guide

ElementalGoDz
30 Nov 2010, 09:52 PM
Removed ... .. ..

Cryos
30 Nov 2010, 09:56 PM
try not to raid Alliances, Confeds, or NAP's, then ones you click the square click send troops on each tab (about 8) by using the [CTRL+Shift] method and go round it again until all raids are sent
If you are raiding from the map, how exactly do you click one of them? They are clearly marked out >.>

ElementalGoDz
30 Nov 2010, 10:01 PM
If you are raiding from the map, how exactly do you click one of them? They are clearly marked out >.>

By clicking CTRL on the farm then click Send troops on each and type in 4 in each box and then CTRL+Tab and then OK on each twice

Cryos
30 Nov 2010, 10:03 PM
By clicking CTRL on the farm then click Send troops on each and type in 4 in each box and then CTRL+Tab and then OK on each twice
Oh no I know that clearly but I just use my mouse. . I meant your ally mates :P. I find it difficult to click ally mates when they are very differently marked from potential farms

Anyhow good guide tho but long.

Wanna have a raiding contest?

Mid game any account im on has 400 outgoing raids out :P

Cryos
30 Nov 2010, 10:16 PM
My guide says I can handle that much (well, thats the most I ever handled), just 400 outgoing how much ingoing 600? might be hard :P

Aren't good guides meant to be long

I get bored looking at farms after I reach the 400 mark. Ingoing is a lot as well

No, some guides can be short and sweet too :P

ElementalGoDz
30 Nov 2010, 10:18 PM
:P 50+ views already, this is popular :P, well you may think I am too noobish to even give the password out to me :P

Cryos
30 Nov 2010, 10:20 PM
I only think people are noobs when someone else tells me to think that.

For instance my friend who knows you/of you says you are a noob and that I should do think that. So therefore I do.

AndImm not about to say otherwise, she is one of the top players of USx for idk how many rounds now

Purplejelly86
30 Nov 2010, 10:22 PM
:P 50+ views already, this is popular :P, well you may think I am too noobish to even give the password out to me :P

That could be because you keep talking about it in every chat your in :rolleyes:

ElementalGoDz
30 Nov 2010, 10:24 PM
I only said it in 1 chat

Jaffa
01 Dec 2010, 06:14 AM
Thanks, very helpfull.

Touched
01 Dec 2010, 06:41 AM
Instead of writing 5/6 guides a night, why don't you stick to making one that some of us might find useful? This had the potential to be a very good guide, but it misses out lots of things that definitely could have been noted if you're were putting in the effort. You also seem to mention opinion a lot of the time, and you don't make it clear that it is just your opinion and that it's not necessarily the best way to do so etc..

*Microraiding is 2/3 mace early game, I'm not sure if it's too profitable thereafter but it's never any more.

*500 TM's (Troop Movements) seems to be a sensible option for an early game raider, you slowly build them up but after a while you'd be better on yourself sending an extra mace per raid.

*I prefer Chrome for map raiding, the taps open and close a helluva lot faster then FF, and that's a necessity when you're ctrl + click'ing ~20-50 tabs and then sending, close and repeat. Obviously you can't use chrome for everything, but I believe it has a significant benefit over FF there.

*Maybe mention profit from raiding, and how it works - for example 4 mace carry 240 resources, one mace costs 250 (95|75|40|40) so you can lose 0.96 mace per raid to break even, that's 9.6 per every 10 raids - so if you lose 9 you still make a profit of only 0.6 maces (at full raiding capacity on all returns) so it soon becomes quite costly if you take too many losses.

/Could write more, but it's your guide and I have school so best be on my way, good luck.

almosthuman
27 Dec 2010, 11:42 AM
Top guide mate...:present: pressie for you !
early game top-raiders ftw.....

Feenix888
12 Jan 2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah, pretty good.

Ghengis666
14 Jan 2011, 07:23 PM
Not exactly a friendly guide is it, treating "farms" with such disdain and arrogance as you suggest is what is driving many new players away from the game.

Tombo457
15 Jan 2011, 12:55 PM
Not exactly a friendly guide is it, treating "farms" with such disdain and arrogance as you suggest is what is driving many new players away from the game.

The guide isn't called "How to make friends with new players" is it :rolleyes:

Ghengis666
15 Jan 2011, 01:14 PM
Well that's pretty obvious but there is no need to tell people to speak to them like something you have trodden in.

almosthuman
15 Jan 2011, 06:01 PM
Well that's pretty obvious but there is no need to tell people to speak to them like something you have trodden in.

well then please enlighten us as to what they should be called,jeez-lighten up buddy.
Im sure that every player has been farmed at some point:cool:

Anonymous the third
15 Jan 2011, 06:22 PM
well then please enlighten us as to what they should be called,jeez-lighten up buddy.

I know there is always a lot of discussion about why some people stay to play trav and others leave fairly quickly. When I first started playing I found most of the big players around me were always willing to help and offer advice, even the ones who were farming me were prepared to tell me what to do to stop it. Sometimes their advice was really useful and sometimes it was along the lines of "find out for yourself" in which case I would look it up in the forums or ask someone else.

It takes a while to learn how to play this game and it requires a great deal of dedication to be successful at it. Speaking to n00bs like dirt doesn't encourage them to stay in the game. However, give them a bit of room to grow and some encouragement and later you can either have a more profitable farm, chief their villages or know you have helped a potentially worthy adversary or ally for the future. Some of the best friends I have in this game I made when they were raiding or attacking me and I learnt a lot about how to play the game from them.

That was very waffly but I hope I got my point across, even if I'm not sure what it was myself :oops:

Ghengis666
16 Jan 2011, 02:09 PM

Before you post, read what you type so you don`t look a complete brainless numpty. I was referring to this part of the guide:

just reply something like "learn to play the game" and they say "no", then you say "well, if you don't want to, what's the point in playing and just start a conversation by PWNing them basically.

There is no need to speak to players like that, which was the point I was making. Very arrogant and ignorant statement saying start a conversation by PWNing them.

Purplejelly86
16 Jan 2011, 02:13 PM
Before you post, read what you type so you don`t look a complete brainless numpty. I was referring to this part of the guide:

just reply something like "learn to play the game" and they say "no", then you say "well, if you don't want to, what's the point in playing and just start a conversation by PWNing them basically.

There is no need to speak to players like that, which was the point I was making. Very arrogant and ignorant statement saying start a conversation by PWNing them.

Quoted for truth.

almosthuman
24 Mar 2011, 05:31 PM

erm...so i suppose that it is quite ok for you to call players brainless-numpties,but not ok for others to say they will PWN players :confused:

jeez,this forum does have some weirdos posting:D

p.s...the worst abuse is usually served-up by players "being" farmed,so sorry bit desensitized to the whinging:oops: