PDA

View Full Version : Featured: Meme's T4 blog

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 09:53 AM
For those of you who haven't seen it yet and want to know what it's like, I'll keep updating my adventures in t4 land here.

If you want to look at the account yourself, pm me and if I like you I may give you the password ;)

Day 4. Fields are all up to two and I have completed most of the quests but there seem to be a lot more of them than there were and they give a LOT more res.

My hero has finished 10 adventures so I can now officially enter the bidding bit. Travian ebay!!!!! I also seem to have collected a number of items though I haven't worked out what to use them for yet, apart from the 3 phals he found lurking in a field somewhere and brought home. They are now out raiding..

I also discovered that I don't need to trade, if I'm running short of something I can just get my hero to switch res production in favour of that when I log off and when I come back, hey presto, I have loads of that resource.

commander
30 Jan 2011, 10:09 AM
Pick me Pick me. :D

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 10:19 AM
For those of you who haven't seen it yet and want to know what it's like, I'll keep updating my adventures in t4 land here.

If you want to look at the account yourself, pm me and if I like you I may give you the password ;)

Day 4. Fields are all up to two and I have completed most of the quests but there seem to be a lot more of them than there were and they give a LOT more res.

My hero has finished 10 adventures so I can now officially enter the bidding bit. Travian ebay!!!!! I also seem to have collected a number of items though I haven't worked out what to use them for yet, apart from the 3 phals he found lurking in a field somewhere and brought home. They are now out raiding..

I also discovered that I don't need to trade, if I'm running short of something I can just get my hero to switch res production in favour of that when I log off and when I come back, hey presto, I have loads of that resource.

I think it's a great idea to chronicle your adventures here :-) Perhaps a little more detail though? Your ability to swap your Hero res production ends when you lvl (so take advantage of it now) it's also worth putting your first couple of lvls of upgrades into strength as if you don't you'll quickly find that your Hero stops returning from adventures :-(

I hope you enjoy it :-)

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 10:33 AM
I think it's a great idea to chronicle your adventures here :-) Perhaps a little more detail though? Your ability to swap your Hero res production ends when you lvl (so take advantage of it now) it's also worth putting your first couple of lvls of upgrades into strength as if you don't you'll quickly find that your Hero stops returning from adventures :-(

I hope you enjoy it :-)

Advice duly noted :D

I'm currently waiting for my MB to finish building to Level 5 (another task with a reward) and so took some time to look at the Gold and Silver tabs.

Gold tariff, 24.99US dollars for 600 Gold. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is but am sure that works out quite a bit more expensive. The benefits on offer seem more or less the same. The only difference I can see is that you can buy a farm list without having to buy Gold Club.

Pressing the silver button just takes me to the Auction page so I'm assuming I can only get silver when my hero finds it on adventures and brings it back and not actually buy it.

commander
30 Jan 2011, 10:40 AM
Actually works out 30 odd pence cheaper than over here.

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 10:44 AM
Actually works out 30 odd pence cheaper than over here.

Conversion results
24.99 US dollars = 15.63 British pounds sterling
yes you are right, the pound must be stronger than I thought..

herc
30 Jan 2011, 11:05 AM
lol, if you have so much time on your hands, raid on s5. :P

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 11:09 AM
lol, if you have so much time on your hands, raid on s5. :P

I already did this morning. While you were lounging around in bed, some of us were up at 7am sending out the TTs..

jamesb
30 Jan 2011, 11:12 AM
You can change gold to silver and silver to gold.

herc
30 Jan 2011, 11:13 AM
I already did this morning. While you were lounging around in bed, some of us were up at 7am sending out the TTs..

Yeah, then you seem to run away and leave me to send out the remaining 100s of raids that will need to be sent. :p

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 11:15 AM
You can change gold to silver and silver to gold.

How do you do that?

Yeah, then you seem to run away and leave me to send out the remaining 100s of raids that will need to be sent. :p

Aww get the violins out! You live to raid. Now go check out those new farms I found.

herc
30 Jan 2011, 11:24 AM
How do you do that?

Aww get the violins out! You live to raid. Now go check out those new farms I found.

yeah, the one I found was better, he only had 19k def. :p

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 11:35 AM
Either I'm not concentrating or the new format for send troops is harder to read as I have now twice sent my 3 phals to reinforce a farm :( Herc don't say anything :oops:

Pick me Pick me. :D

Like I'm really going to give my password to someone who is Ghey..

mwc
30 Jan 2011, 11:41 AM
Your ability to swap your Hero res production ends when you lvl (so take advantage of it now)

no it dosent
you can't change your lv 0 hero like you normally would you put the points on and they are on (there are books to give you all points back tho find on adventures)
hero have these stats
strength
off bonus
def bonus
ressies bonus
if ya shove 5 on ressie bonus it means for as long as those points are there you can get ressies and you can switch what ressies you get on mine which is a speed server its 9 of each per point or 30 of one certain thing so you can have with 10 points on ressie bonus either 90 of each ressie per hour or 300 of 1 certain ressie which you can switch whenever you like

as this becomes less worth while later keep a book back and transfere it to off bonus/def bonus as you please
mwc

also little advice dont buy anything till at least 30% into the server trust me people wont be paying 16k silver for one cage any more (but do sell)

oh and cages trap animals from oasis they arnt worth anything really maybe a few silver so get them sold and then when you get about 80% into the server they will drop to about 2 silver each if your the ww holder get a load as they eat no wheat and you can drop them in you ww (animals that is)

herc
30 Jan 2011, 11:44 AM

:D I thought I told you there's nothing wrong with paedos and homosexuals. Why wouldn't you listen. :P

jamesb
30 Jan 2011, 11:52 AM
How do you do that?

You have to click on gold and go to all the bonuses then below trade with the NPC merchant you can swap silver for gold.

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 11:56 AM
You have to click on gold and go to all the bonuses then below trade with the NPC merchant you can swap silver for gold.

Found it, thank you :)

jamesb
30 Jan 2011, 12:13 PM
Found it, thank you :)

Good, hope it helps!

kingofthemad
30 Jan 2011, 12:24 PM
Oh, yeah - I have an account on T4 which is not active and I let some friends farm it... But if anyonw wants to see a little more developed (but now not very) account, PM me aswell. :)

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 12:25 PM
My hero is dead! I failed an adventure :( I think I may cry..

Now how do I get him back again :P

Note; I also seem to have lost a phalanx and have no idea how..

Edit again. I seem to have inadvertently starved him to death :oops: this isn't going well..

Edit yet again: my granary was empty 5 mins ago and now its full. I'm really confused..

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 01:06 PM
He might have found res on his last adventure? If you have a bucket you can revive him at no cost. But I'm guessing your hero isn't that high a level at the moment so won't cost too much to revive anyway.

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 01:09 PM
~clarification~

Thanks for that. That's what I meant (that it couldn't be switched to another ability) but thank you for making it clear :-)

~re auctions~

Just like things like eBay the auctions are time time-sensitive (in so far as the number of people online likely to be bidding as opposed to just posting their max bid). So think about putting any items you have for sale 24 (or 8) hours before the time that you judge the auctions are busiest (depending on if it's mainly a European server or US) also if you low bid on items you are interested in buying at some stage you will get a report what they sold for which enables you to keep track of the "going" rate :-)

Advice duly noted :D

:-D One thing I found quite help full on closed Beta was to save my resource rewards from Tasks. So basically when you have completed a task with quite a large reward you hang onto it until you want have access to the resources quickly (like when you're making settlers but are in an area where there's quite a bit of raiding and you don't have as many crannies as you would need to protect your resources) then you go back into Tasks and ok the reward. It's like a cash-point :-D

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 01:18 PM
I remember the first few days on beta and ointment went on the market for quite a fair price. After that it goes for nothing so if you receive any flog it now if you can. It becomes mostly pointless when your hero is levelled up a few anyway.

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 01:20 PM
He might have found res on his last adventure?

How do I know if he did? I don't see anything in the report.

If you have a bucket you can revive him at no cost.

No bucket :(

But I'm guessing your hero isn't that high a level at the moment so won't cost too much to revive anyway.

Guess I will be building a heroes mansion next..

Just like things like eBay the auctions are time time-sensitive (in so far as the number of people online likely to be bidding as opposed to just posting their max bid). So think about putting any items you have for sale 24 (or 8) hours before the time that you judge the auctions are busiest (depending on if it's mainly a European server or US) also if you low bid on items you are interested in buying at some stage you will get a report what they sold for which enables you to keep track of the "going" rate :-)

This is soo complicated and I haven't even started building any army yet :(

kster
30 Jan 2011, 01:27 PM
You need to be careful moving the res production about meme. It's easy to fall into the trap of building with the wheat produced from the hero...when you move that res from wheat production to another form of res you are then negative wheat and it's starvation time. Overdo it and I believe it is possible to put yourself in a croplock...and the first points you make when you level up MUST go on hero strength or he won't survive the adventures.

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 01:33 PM
You need to be careful moving the res production about meme. It's easy to fall into the trap of building with the wheat produced from the hero...when you move that res from wheat production to another form of res you are then negative wheat and it's starvation time. Overdo it and I believe it is possible to put yourself in a croplock...and the first points you make when you level up MUST go on hero strength or he won't survive the adventures.

I have 2 phals and am running at -21wph :D and that's with the full hero bonus on wheat, think maybe I should upgrade some wheat fields next..

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 01:33 PM
How do I know if he did? I don't see anything in the report.

It will say at the bottom of the report if he did so I'm assuming he didn't, wont be much if he did, 200 of each res maybe

Guess I will be building a heroes mansion next..

Before you do that click on the hero and check you cant revive him from that screen (I can't remember but best to check before building something you may not need)

This is soo complicated and I haven't even started building any army yet :(

Smile

And sorry for not quoting each section, I'm lazy

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 01:42 PM
Smile

And sorry for not quoting each section, I'm lazy

Yes, you can revive him from the hero section so no need for a heroes mansion just yet. Will get working on those wheat fields instead :p

thedevilexists
30 Jan 2011, 02:12 PM
do you start of with a hero then and does that mean every hero is the same no more mace axe TK etc?

pizzathehut
30 Jan 2011, 02:26 PM
So whats your IGN?

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 02:31 PM
So whats your IGN?

Wouldn't you like to know :horse:

do you start of with a hero then and does that mean every hero is the same no more mace axe TK etc?

yes, you start off with a hero. You can't choose troop type but you can choose hairstyle, eye colour, nose, whether or not to have an earring, really useful stuff like that :P

commander
30 Jan 2011, 02:38 PM

Like I would really sabotage a small T4 beta account http://extremeway.ru/other/images/skype_smiles/15.gif

That's pretty homophobic. :(

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 02:53 PM
Like I would really sabotage a small T4 beta account http://extremeway.ru/other/images/skype_smiles/15.gif

That's pretty homophobic. :(

pm then if you really want to see it.

and I'm not homophobic, just Ghey phobic :D Herc says my hero looks gay :( I thought he was quite hunky.

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 02:53 PM
yes, you start off with a hero. You can't choose troop type but you can choose hairstyle, eye colour, nose, whether or not to have an earring, really useful stuff like that :P

Have you got a horsey yet? I forget just how slow your hero is at the beginning without one!

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 02:54 PM
It becomes mostly pointless when your hero is levelled up a few anyway.

??? Sorry :confused: could you be any more wrong? Your heroes health stat is a constant. Their strength stat increases their survivability but they always have like 100 hit/health points at max. Therefore as the Hero advances as becomes more expensive to revive (via resources, buying a bucket or buying /having health giving items) ointment becomes more valuable. It only doesn't in the auction context because it always seems to be so overpriced at the start.

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 03:05 PM
Have you got a horsey yet? I forget just how slow your hero is at the beginning without one!

I have got a horsey but was assuming I could only use it once so have been saving it.

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 03:09 PM
??? Sorry :confused: could you be any more wrong? Your heroes health stat is a constant. Their strength stat increases their survivability but they always have like 100 hit/health points at max. Therefore as the Hero advances as becomes more expensive to revive (via resources, buying a bucket or buying /having health giving items) ointment becomes more valuable. It only doesn't in the auction context because it always seems to be so overpriced at the start.

I realise all that but unless you're hitting things everyday you will always end up with decent health. And you'll probably pick up a helmet that increases health anyway if its needed.

On Beta we all agreed that it was pretty much pointless as you got further on in the game, maybe you played differently and so it wasn't but I was in an ally with some of the guys who had some of the higher ranked heros who never used ointment. All of us play differently and need different things I guess.

I have got a horsey but was assuming I could only use it once so have been saving it.

The horsey stays so don't worry about that, it just improves the speed of you hero, there's better horsies as the server goes along. Things such as helmets, horse, sack, pouch, weapons, map you can use again and again.

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 03:10 PM

Bless :D You can equip it by moving it onto the box to the left of your Hero. Then they will have a handsome Gelding standing next to them and you can start chasing clubbies home :-)

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 03:20 PM
Bless :D You can equip it by moving it onto the box to the left of your Hero. Then they will have a handsome Gelding standing next to them and you can start chasing clubbies home :-)

Lol I feel like such a n00b .. again :D

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 03:24 PM
All of us play differently and need different things I guess.

Undoubtedly true. However I feel to say that ointment is pointless beyond the first couple of lvls is misleading. Of course when you start being able to throw large amounts of off / def at targets along with your Hero the damage is mitigated but there's a fair bit of beginning and middle game before that point. Towards middle end game there's a good chance of you having come across a reasonable set of regenerative clothes so this would mitigate the need for so much ointment but even so? I'd hang onto the ointment after the first couple of weeks on speed, where as Smoggy said it goes for silly amounts :-)

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 03:25 PM
Lol I feel like such a n00b .. again :D

*hugs* If it helps I had a Helm of the Gladiator that I left unequipped and got very frustrated about it not working properly:oops:

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 03:43 PM
OK my hero is revived and he now has a lovely pony standing next to him and can now travel TT speed :D even though I don't have any TTs yet. neg wheat problem is solved for now and I still seem to have as much res as I can use..

so choices now, I could sim up fields or build some more phals and raid..

I also need to join an alliance. Any offers :D

kster
30 Jan 2011, 03:48 PM
Wouldn't you like to know :horse:

Ugly heros are the order of the day in t4. Mullets, bad taches, big noses and eyes pointing in different directions. These are your alliance forum avatars...so time spent making him look like he's stepped out of a seventies euro adult film is obviously time well spent.

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 03:50 PM
Ugly heros are the order of the day in t4. Mullets, bad taches, big noses and eyes pointing in different directions. These are your alliance forum avatars...so time spent making him look like he's stepped out of a seventies euro adult film is obviously time well spent.

You mean I have to have a male avatar on the forum :eek: but I'm a laydee

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 04:04 PM
You mean I have to have a male avatar on the forum :eek: but I'm a laydee

You fooled us :eek:

/me finds a rock to hide under :oops:

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 04:06 PM

/me thinks smoggy looks more like a laydee than me..

herc
30 Jan 2011, 04:12 PM

He fooled me too :D

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 04:15 PM
Can others say what they think of it?

If so I'd like to say I don't particularly like the layout and the design of it. Much prefere T3.6 :(

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 04:28 PM
/me thinks smoggy looks more like a laydee than me..
That could be true ='[

Can others say what they think of it?

If so I'd like to say I don't particularly like the layout and the design of it. Much prefere T3.6 :(
When I first starting playing it I thought wooo colours but it quickly wore off. The hero becomes a bit gimmicky and the auctions annoying. So I'd agree with you on that one, although the building can't hide one another as much any more!

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 05:11 PM
When I first starting playing it I thought wooo colours but it quickly wore off. The hero becomes a bit gimmicky and the auctions annoying. So I'd agree with you on that one, although the building can't hide one another as much any more!

I also had a look at the map, and personally I thought it was quite bad compare to T3.6's. At first glance, it looks like quite a different game :oops:

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 05:40 PM
I also had a look at the map, and personally I thought it was quite bad compare to T3.6's. At first glance, it looks like quite a different game :oops:

At this stage it feels like a very different game. Hero is now on his way back from another adventure and loaded with res, so will be simming up those fields very quickly at this rate.

At this stage in a game I usually have quite a few raiding troops and an inbox full of don't farm me IGMs and invites to cruddy alliances. I have 2 phals and a short IGM discussion with another nearby player about losing bp to raid. No farm mail and no alliance invites :( Me no likee..

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 05:52 PM
At this stage it feels like a very different game. Hero is now on his way back from another adventure and loaded with res, so will be simming up those fields very quickly at this rate.

At this stage in a game I usually have quite a few raiding troops and an inbox full of don't farm me IGMs and invites to cruddy alliances. I have 2 phals and a short IGM discussion with another nearby player about losing bp to raid. No farm mail and no alliance invites :( Me no likee..

So, is this beta server the only one? And Can you still sign up? And how long does it last?

I might sign up.. If you can.. - And get owned..

Edit:
I went onto the website and clicked sign up. Now how do I get a registration code?

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 06:16 PM
So, is this beta server the only one? And Can you still sign up? And how long does it last?

I might sign up.. If you can.. - And get owned..

Edit:
I went onto the website and clicked sign up. Now how do I get a registration code?

Email?

Someone else is clearly having the same problems as me over the send troop screen as I have just been reinforced by another players hero :D

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 06:21 PM
Email?

Someone else is clearly having the same problems as me over the send troop screen as I have just been reinforced by another players hero :D

My email doesn't fit in the top one, plus email is the third one down. How do I get a code if I havent signed up..

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 06:41 PM
I have 2 phals and a short IGM discussion with another nearby player about losing bp to raid. No farm mail and no alliance invites :( Me no likee..

The no Farm mail might be because you are only raiding with 2 Phals :eek: did you mislay the third one? :-P :-)

Just so you don't get too lonesome I have prepared the following IGM's for you:

"Can join my ally plox"
"Halp, stop frming moi!"
"My friend is no.1 attacker and if you don't stop farming me he'll get you!"
"I tink I just 8 one of your Phlnx?"

I keep forgetting to look at what server (and at what stage of the game) you are playing but from my experience on closed Beta people where playing very, very cautiously expecting the game to be different. It really isn't so much it's the interface. Yes the Hero is more important and yes there are gubbins but if you play like you played before you won't go to far wrong. You can certainly raid as aggressively as before. All this stuff about loosing initial troops to walls? Didn't happen to me. It's like crannys. Pretty much everyone knows you can make it so your resources are safe and yet few people do, same with walls. Again, in my (in)experience :oops:

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 06:49 PM
The no Farm mail might be because you are only raiding with 2 Phals :eek: did you mislay the third one? :-P :-)

I don't know where he went :D One minute there were three and now there are two. Perhaps he decided to go and stay in a village where the owner has a clue what they are doing :D

KatnipKitteh
30 Jan 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't know where he went :D One minute there were three and now there are two. Perhaps he decided to go and stay in a village where the owner has a clue what they are doing :D

I don't suppose he starved by any chance? :oops: :-)

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 08:28 PM
My email doesn't fit in the top one, plus email is the third one down. How do I get a code if I havent signed up..

The sign up process is exactly the same as before, you register then get an Email to activate your account.

I don't suppose he starved by any chance? :oops: :-)

Quite possibly :D I also just realised this is only day 3 and I'm getting bored of playing with my hero already ..

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 08:42 PM
Quite possibly :D I also just realised this is only day 3 and I'm getting bored of playing with my hero already ..

The adventures begin to dry up eventually luckily.

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 09:16 PM
The sign up process is exactly the same as before, you register then get an Email to activate your account.

But my problem is that when I load the sign up page there are 4 fields. At the top is Register Code, and below are Username, Email, and Password.

I have tried leaving that field blank, and filling it with my email address but it doesn't fit. I have heard of the register code on T3.6, which comes after you have recieved the email from travian, but on here it requires you put it in before, strangley.

Might it be because the WW's are out?

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 09:17 PM
He fooled me too :D

That's the last time I get up at 7am on a Sunday morning to raid for you. And no more help with your maths homework :mad:

The adventures begin to dry up eventually luckily.

Phew! They aren't exactly very exciting, I don't even know what he does on these "adventures" other than bring stuff back and get experience (of what?) and lose health. He is also much uglier now :( But his horsey is lovely :)

But my problem is that when I load the sign up page there are 4 fields. At the top is Register Code, and below are Username, Email, and Password.

I have tried leaving that field blank, and filling it with my email address but it doesn't fit. I have heard of the register code on T3.6, which comes after you have recieved the email from travian, but on here it requires you put it in before, strangley.

Might it be because the WW's are out?

I can't see anything except the usual Email, username and password fields when I look. Nothing about a register code. Is this the link you are using? http://ts10.travian.com/anmelden.php

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 09:27 PM
I can't see anything except the usual Email, username and password fields when I look. Nothing about a register code. Is this the link you are using? http://ts10.travian.com/anmelden.php

Hmm.
By clicking your link it comes up as it should..
Maybe T4 doesn't like me :(

Oh well, thanks, now I can test it all out :)

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 10:02 PM
Hmm.

I'm glad you managed to get there in the end :)

Well, my quest to join an alliance isn't going well. I sent an IGM to a local alliance saying "can I join your ally plz" so hopefully that will do the trick.

In the meantime fields are still building and I have returned the errant hero sent by another player to reinforce me back to his home. Since I'm a little short on troops I'm now wondering what will happen if I try sending my hero out to raid on his own. He brought a mass of res back from an adventure so presumably he can carry it?

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 10:06 PM
I'm glad you managed to get there in the end :)

Well, my quest to join an alliance isn't going well. I sent an IGM to a local alliance saying "can I join your ally plz" so hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks.
Also, I think that IGM might work! Good Luck.

I am playing it now, and will it be okay for me to add some of my views about the new T4 some time and what I think of it ?
If not just let me know as it is your thread :)

Anonymous the third
30 Jan 2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks.
Also, I think that IGM might work! Good Luck.

I am playing it now, and will it be okay for me to add some of my views about the new T4 some time and what I think of it ?
If not just let me know as it is your thread :)

Please do, everyone should be able to have a say.

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 10:12 PM
Please do, everyone should be able to have a say.

Okay I'm just going to have a little play around with it for a while. :) Untill I know a bit more about it.

smoggy
30 Jan 2011, 10:15 PM
He brought a mass of res back from an adventure so presumably he can carry it?

Sadly that's not the case which doesn't make much sense =[

Samantha78
30 Jan 2011, 10:16 PM
Hmm.

were you doing the closed instead of open beta?

Jaffa
30 Jan 2011, 10:29 PM
were you doing the closed instead of open beta?

Well it might have been. I just wasn't used to it so I didn't really have a clue what I was doing to be honest. So it might have been the closed one..

Since I'm a little short on troops I'm now wondering what will happen if I try sending my hero out to raid on his own. He brought a mass of res back from an adventure so presumably he can carry it?

I'm not entirely sure if that will work as unlike any normal troop the hero doesn't have a carrying capacity as far as I know, there fo he cannot take any res himself. Also he probably got the res from the adventure because maybe adventures are reward things to complete for fun.

But, that is my guess. Knowing me I am probably wrong and I haven't played T4 that much yet so go ahead and try it if you want. :)

herc
30 Jan 2011, 10:32 PM
That's the last time I get up at 7am on a Sunday morning to raid for you. And no more help with your maths homework :mad:

:O I am sowwy. I wuv you weally, don't leave me. :sob:

Anonymous the third
31 Jan 2011, 06:40 AM
Right, it's now the dawn of day 4 and I seem to have survived the night hidden in among all the bps.

Fields are now all at 3 and on their way up to 4 and there is still no shortage of res for building. My free Travian Plus has ended though and I'm too tight to renew it at this stage, so it's back to queueing one thing at a time.

My IGM application to join an alliance has been read but not responded to, can't think why :(

The graphics are starting to make my eyes tired and I still haven't looked at the important stuff like who the big alliances and players are round me. In fact, I'm not even sure what quad I'm in, there have been so many other distractions.

On the plus side, I sent my hero off on (yet another) adventure last night and he was home this morning with a very nifty looking helmet :D

jamesb
31 Jan 2011, 07:14 AM
What is your name on there? PM me it please!

Anonymous the third
31 Jan 2011, 10:13 AM
I just had a sneaky check in at work and nearly had heart failure when I couldn't see any of my huge number of troops or my hero. An investigation via the rally point shows that they are still alive but for some reason they aren't listed today on the interface page..

smoggy
31 Jan 2011, 11:03 AM
Auto-evaded if you were being attacked maybe? Although you mentioned plus has ran out. Could be trapped if you sent them at a gaul? Or alternatively could be a bug that they come across every now and then that still need ironing out. Let's hope they appear soon.

Anonymous the third
31 Jan 2011, 12:52 PM
Auto-evaded if you were being attacked maybe? Although you mentioned plus has ran out. Could be trapped if you sent them at a gaul? Or alternatively could be a bug that they come across every now and then that still need ironing out. Let's hope they appear soon.

They are back now. Must have been a glitch..

Trying to play at work now through a big server interface and the map is painfully slow to load. It has taken me ages to find a village not in bp to raid. I also think it seems to take much longer to go through the whole send troops thing. Is it still going to be possible to send multiple same second attacks?

kster
31 Jan 2011, 01:49 PM
It is still possible despite what some say. I read some tech stuff on the com forum saying there was an algorithm problem with the map which they are working on. I do think they are rolling it out far too fast. The open beta is only 2 month old and they should at least get a server under the belt before making it the standard.

Anonymous the third
31 Jan 2011, 06:11 PM
It is still possible despite what some say.

I certainly hope so, life will not be worth living if I can't pull off a decent crop-locking from time to time :(

So this afternoon I managed to kill off the two phals I trained this morning when a party of four I sent raiding ran into a single mace and died of fright. Not a good start to my raiding career on T4.

I then had a lovely IGM from JamesB ( hello James *waves* ) and was very disgruntled to note that his hero has loads more cool stuff than mine. That made me worried so I started to look at a few heroes from villages with similar pop to mine and discovered that they all seem to have way more cool stuff than mine. All my hero has to wear so far is a dopey helmet. I will therefore be selling anything I can't see the use of at the moment on the auction thingummy and see if I can raise some silver so I can get him properly dressed. I'm such a girl..

smoggy
31 Jan 2011, 08:45 PM
You will pick up similar things given time. On the closed Beta our hero was like yours, no shield, no armour, no helmet, after a couple of weeks though he had everything so don't get disheartened and try not to worry about it too much. I think 1 in 10 adventures is roughly what you should expect to get something decent in. The rest will be cages, ointment, bandages etc.

Jaffa
31 Jan 2011, 09:18 PM
T4: My Thoughts
My overall opinion about T4 is that alot of members will quit their Travian lives after the last T3.6 server, or straight after they see the T4 server for themselves. I will explain why..

For many of the people that will log onto their first T4 server, I think they will immediatly quit it. This is because they might think the layout of the pages are not to it's best, and the graphics are strange. This is similar to what I thought when I first logged in. But there is a way to get around it. If you are in the position of quiting because you have seen the layout of T4 and think it is dreadful, then I suggest you play around with it a bit more. Have a look around your account and see new things. I admit, it will be strange, as it is the same for me. So, I had a little look round and I must say it was rather odd, but I soon got a bit used to it. Not completely though, at this stage I would still prefere T3.6.

In my opinion there are 3 main problems with T4. These are:

Hero: I think the game is too fussy about hero's. On T3.6, you didn't have to do alot with your hero apart from attack/defend, and upgrade. But on T4 you have to dress him, go on adventures and sell Items. I think this may have dragged the game away from normall, as you wouldn't normally need to do adventures with your hero's. But I am sure people can cope with this, or get used to it. Especially if you are quite young and are still into dressing up and adventure games.

Quests: I would have liked to see a new layout of quests including various new things brought into the game. So far I have been dissapointed. The only new ones I have seen are " Send your Hero to a quest! ". Sorry If I am wrong but that is what I have seen so far.

Map: This is my most serious issue about the game, and I have also heard a few others moaning about this new map. First thing, The villlages are totaly different. Next thing, there is no lines to seperate each tile. Thirdly, the wheat bonus' are puddles of watar ?! However there is one thing I do like.. The Gauls, Romans, and Teutons all have seperate walls around their villages which is okay. And finaly, to move around the map you click and drag. This is new..

So, they were a few of my opinions on it. On a whole, I think players need to look around and fiddle with it a bit more, then they will get used to it nd will be able to play.

Thanks,
Jaffa

smoggy
31 Jan 2011, 09:24 PM
On the quests note. Once you dot he main ones you get a load of extra ones you can do in any order. Makes saving for settlers so much easier as the rewards are pretty decent. Wait and see!

And on the maps note you can turn the grid lines on.

EDIT: Thought I best tell you how to turn them on, just press g on your keyboard when you're looking at the map :)

Anonymous the third
31 Jan 2011, 09:37 PM
And on the maps not you can turn the grid lines on.

EDIT: Thought I best tell you how to turn them on, just press g on your keyboard when you're looking at the map :)

That makes a surprisingly big difference. I quite like the map now, especially the way the info pops up when I hover the mouse over a village.

I was actually starting to run short on res this afternoon, but luckily my hero brought back 1000/1000/1000/1000 from an adventure. Phew! I would have had to stop simming for a bit and wait!

herc
31 Jan 2011, 10:09 PM
That makes a surprisingly big difference. I quite like the map now, especially the way the info pops up when I hover the mouse over a village.

I was actually starting to run short on res this afternoon, but luckily my hero brought back 1000/1000/1000/1000 from an adventure. Phew! I would have had to stop simming for a bit and wait!

I still think the map is too dodgy. The villages aren't too easy to spot and without the arrows to move the map 7x7 each time, it's going to make organised raiding very difficult. :(

And I echo with the comment that they're too fussy about the hero and not enough about troops, which is what 3.6 was based on.

Anonymous the third
01 Feb 2011, 06:56 AM
Day 5 and I'm still simming, simming, simming. I'm sure fields are going up faster than they would normally, which must be entirely due toall the extra res floating around from quests and adventures.

Hero has just gone off on another adventure. They seem to have settled down now to one or two a day.

At the rate I was killing off phals and the difficulty finding none bps I've given up on raiding until I get TTs. Like Herc says, it seems more time consuming to organise raiding.

Wyrdrune
01 Feb 2011, 01:16 PM
At the rate I was killing off phals and the difficulty finding none bps I've given up on raiding until I get TTs. Like Herc says, it seems more time consuming to organise raiding.

The Plus account helps that enormously. Each battle report has an extra "Repeat Raid" button which simplifies things.

I found that the beta server got me into combat much sooner than normal. Within a few days of starting I had troops and was raiding (as a Gaul!) which was helped by my hero coming back from an adventure with a few TTs and later a few Haduaeuaeuaens. The fact that you lose your beginner protection as soon as you attack another player is interesting - there's an awful lot of derelict Teuton villages around me now. It looks like Teuts will have to at least build a minimal cranny in the first couple of days before training troops in order to protect themselves from a wipeout.

Wyr.

Anonymous the third
01 Feb 2011, 01:28 PM
The Plus account helps that enormously. Each battle report has an extra "Repeat Raid" button which simplifies things.

I found that the beta server got me into combat much sooner than normal. Within a few days of starting I had troops and was raiding (as a Gaul!) which was helped by my hero coming back from an adventure with a few TTs and later a few Haduaeuaeuaens. The fact that you lose your beginner protection as soon as you attack another player is interesting - there's an awful lot of derelict Teuton villages around me now. It looks like Teuts will have to at least build a minimal cranny in the first couple of days before training troops in order to protect themselves from a wipeout.

Wyr.

That's really useful advice, thank you. I haven't picked up any TTs from addventures yet, I'll look out for those :P

I haven't invested in Gold Club as this is just a tryout, but is the autododge facility still there?

And that annoying glitch is back, I can't see my troop numbers again unless I look in the rally point, or my hourly res prouction.

kster
01 Feb 2011, 05:58 PM
F you had joined a few week earlier when the market was crazy you'd have gold club by now lol.I put a 100 gold in and have 107 at the moment...been runing a full gold account since 12th december.

I'm hoping we Brits will be a little more laid back with the markets and common sense will prevail over here. The plus feature makes raiding pretty easy. The biggest changes seem to be endgame and the mass faking (you know the feeling, 5k hits over all your vills (when you start thinking about hitting the pub lol)). mass faking is going to cost serious troops to the fakers now so maybe that's gone.

Anonymous the third
01 Feb 2011, 06:11 PM
The biggest changes seem to be endgame and the mass faking (you know the feeling, 5k hits over all your vills (when you start thinking about hitting the pub lol)). mass faking is going to cost serious troops to the fakers now so maybe that's gone.

Why can't you fake any more? It's a tactic I use a lot so will miss it if it's not going to be an option.

I finally reached a point where I don't have any res left to sim with! Looks like I may actually have to do some work and see if I can raid a bit in. At least the villages round me seem to be coming out of bp now so there are some options to go for..

My hero went off on another adventure and brought home a thieves bag which apparently increases the plunder he brings home by 10%. It must only be his though as when I sent him off with my troops on a raid, they brought back home exactly the same as before.

KatnipKitteh
01 Feb 2011, 07:06 PM
Once you dot he main ones you get a load of extra ones you can do in any order. Makes saving for settlers so much easier as the rewards are pretty decent. Wait and see

Can't remember if I said this before but I like the fact that you can "claim" your rewards from tasks. ie you can grab them as soon as you complete the task or let them sit there like rainy-day money just in case you have an urgent need for some resources, it's a bit like having a special cranny :-)

Autododge is still on gold club but for your capital only. You also have to select it from the features section just having Gold Club and only having one village that is your Capital doesn't auto-activate it :oops:

You can fake just like before but now it's more expensive as there's a unit minimum or the RP will alert the defender as to what type of unit you are sending.

kster
01 Feb 2011, 08:01 PM
http://t4.answers.travian.com/

down at bottom it explains how fakes can be easy to spot

If the number of all units within an attack/raid is lower than the current Rally Point level of the defending village, the defender will see the unit types approaching his village. He will not see the exact numbers, but the unit types only. In the image above you can see approaching Legionnaires and a hero. No other unit types are approaching within that attack.

so a cata fake now cost 1 cata and 19 inf against any player worth his salt

Anonymous the third
02 Feb 2011, 07:11 AM
Day 6 and a nice little present from a secret admirer landed in my marketplace last night (than you ;) ) so simming resumes. My sole farm has disappeared overnight so raiding doesn't :(

I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps T4 isn't so easy to raid as a Gaul, after losing Phals on just a small micro raid I'm reluctant to send them out again except to completely safe bets, and there don't seem to be the usual number of 2 pop and 4 pop villages around. I'm wondering if this is because the pretty graphics are holding the newbs attention for a bit longer and they are all getting a little further before becoming bored. Usually by this stage I would have 100+ phals raiding by now and be well on the way to TTs. Perhaps I'm just being more cautious than usual because it all looks so new?

smoggy
02 Feb 2011, 07:51 AM
I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps T4 isn't so easy to raid as a Gaul, after losing Phals on just a small micro raid I'm reluctant to send them out again except to completely safe bets, and there don't seem to be the usual number of 2 pop and 4 pop villages around. I'm wondering if this is because the pretty graphics are holding the newbs attention for a bit longer and they are all getting a little further before becoming bored. Usually by this stage I would have 100+ phals raiding by now and be well on the way to TTs. Perhaps I'm just being more cautious than usual because it all looks so new?

You just need TTs ASAP, on the closed Beta I got a bronze and 4th place raiding medal and ribbon in weeks 2 and 3 with perhaps 18 hours of raiding a day and the odd day off completely. I agree that raiding with phals is tough going though and some may judge it as a waste of res getting TTs quickly depending how much time they spend online.

Anonymous the third
02 Feb 2011, 09:37 AM
What is really starting to irritate me is how often the interface page seems to be lacking the bit about troop movements and hourly res production. I just had a quick look in and wouldn't have known I had a raid imminent if I hadn't happened to check in the rally point and seen it coming in there.

Fortunately I had enough silver to trade for a bit of Gold so some nifty dodging done but I am now training more phals than I would have wanted at this point :(

pizzathehut
02 Feb 2011, 01:29 PM
I have missed all incoming attacks so far, I dont consider myself to be totally inattentive or blind, its an annoying 'improvement' that makes no sense...

I wasnt aware of the fake thing, so thats good to know.

The only thing I think is an improvement is the marketplace, its a hoot

Given my experience so far I think I may just play the upcoming speed server and ignore T4 for the moment.

herc
02 Feb 2011, 08:38 PM
You just need TTs ASAP, on the closed Beta I got a bronze and 4th place raiding medal and ribbon in weeks 2 and 3 with perhaps 18 hours of raiding a day and the odd day off completely. I agree that raiding with phals is tough going though and some may judge it as a waste of res getting TTs quickly depending how much time they spend online.

I don't understand how to get TTs as quickly as we used to, T4 is geared towards simming and troops seem more a liability than anything.

smoggy
02 Feb 2011, 08:39 PM
I don't understand how to get TTs as quickly as we used to, T4 is geared towards simming and troops seem more a liability than anything.

I can't remember what the quests were so can't really comment, we had them before 24 hours though I think and we didn't really set it as a target when we started (that was a speed server). I'll start an acc some time and see how fast I can do it again.

Anonymous the third
03 Feb 2011, 07:41 AM
I can't remember what the quests were so can't really comment, we had them before 24 hours though I think and we didn't really set it as a target when we started (that was a speed server). I'll start an acc some time and see how fast I can do it again.

I think I would probably be able to do it much quicker next time. I've been blindsided by all the extra bits and pieces that at the moment seem to detract from the game rather than enhance it.

Day 6 and raiding is finally starting to pick up as my neighbours begin to come out of bp. There are still noticeably fewer 2 and 4 pop villages though and the fact that a hero brings back some troops makes micro raiding with phals more risky. I'm sending them out in bigger parties than I would do usually but am planning on getting TTs by tomorrow, so things may be looking up. Herc can start raiding then :D

In the meantime the troop movement bit and res production has vanished AGAIN! This is sooo annoying, but I found the repeat attack button on the report page which is brilliant!

No-1
03 Feb 2011, 04:38 PM
does everyone know that there is an open beta version of T4?

it is on .com server 10.

Here is a link:
http://t4.travian.com/

if this has already been posted - apologies, just trying to be helpful

Anonymous the third
03 Feb 2011, 06:30 PM
does everyone know that there is an open beta version of T4?

it is on .com server 10.

Here is a link:
http://t4.travian.com/

if this has already been posted - apologies, just trying to be helpful

Thank you for that, it was mentioned earlier but not specifically so it may well help people to find it.

So today I have learnt it's a good idea to send your hero with your phals when raiding a new target....

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/7921056602c

I can't belive I killed all that with 17 phals and only lost 2. I have a feeling someone is going to be slightly irritated with me..

It's good to note that the report converter works with T4 though, I did wonder about that.

I'm putting all my hero points on fighting strenght. Hope that's that right thing to do.

KatnipKitteh
03 Feb 2011, 07:38 PM
I can't belive I killed all that with 17 phals and only lost 2. I have a feeling someone is going to be slightly irritated with me..

Ah the joy of finding clubbies at home :-D On new targets that I was unsure about on beta I always sent my hero first to clear timed so that the phals would turn up pretty much same second :-)

I'm putting all my hero points on fighting strenght. Hope that's that right thing to do.

I think it is. It's quite important to lvl your Hero asap so perhaps start looking around you for clay oasis with low numbers of animals. Last thing at night (or whenever you log off for the day) send your Hero (alone) to raid the selected oasis. Hopefully you'll kill a couple of rats and a boar/wolf and by the time you log on your Hero will have had 6/7 hours rejuvenating time and a little XP bump. Also keep an eye on the Heroes (lvls) in your area ;-)

:-)

badbrain
04 Feb 2011, 04:17 AM
im on com10, no gold account. simming a hammer ;) unless thats also not gonna be allowed on T4, maybe i get offered some bandages,a tiara,and some pile ointment in return for not actually building troops. Fingers crossed, i want my Hero to be the best dressed ,come endgame :)

Anonymous the third
04 Feb 2011, 06:31 AM
im on com10, no gold account. simming a hammer ;) unless thats also not gonna be allowed on T4, maybe i get offered some bandages,a tiara,and some pile ointment in return for not actually building troops. Fingers crossed, i want my Hero to be the best dressed ,come endgame :)

Not a hope, mine will be the best dressed, he's already looking pretty dapper. Just needs some smart trousers and boots now :)

Day 7 and finally I'm training my first TTs. Yesterday's awesome hero kills helped. I'm starting to wonder why bother at all with troops on t4 when the hero kills everything, brings home res and exciting finds from adventures, I mean what more canyou possibly want?

JYD
04 Feb 2011, 08:10 AM
Is it possible to play T4 the same way you would any other server without doing all the hero stuff and if so how much of a disadvantage would that be for a light gold user ?

KatnipKitteh
04 Feb 2011, 10:12 AM

LOL. A couple of people have said that T4 encourages simming / no conflict I'm not sure I understand on what basis they say that? Care to elaborate? Tks :-)

I'm starting to wonder why bother at all with troops on t4 when the hero kills everything, brings home res and exciting finds from adventures, I mean what more canyou possibly want?

Erm to not run into a Hero that is better than yours? :oops:

Anonymous the third
04 Feb 2011, 04:52 PM
Is it possible to play T4 the same way you would any other server without doing all the hero stuff and if so how much of a disadvantage would that be for a light gold user ?

I was hoping someone with more experience of T4 might answer this. So far, I would say the hero is a much more integral part of the game than before. He is stronger and the res he brings home from the early adventures is very useful. Plus there is no skill or effort required for the adventures. One pops up and you send him off on it. You don't even have to search the map for them as they arelisted under your hero section.

There are no longer separate sections for attack and defence, though off and def bonus are still separate. I always used to put all my points on off bonus from the start but now they are going on fighting strength. If you look at the report from my raid with phals you will see the difference the hero makes now with only a few adventures done.

As for Gold, I haven't bought any yet but I have converted all the silver I have obtained from adventures and auctions into Gold. If I was going to compete seriously I think it would be hard not to without buying some, but then I think that has always been the case.

Steve10
04 Feb 2011, 05:02 PM
It is possibly to go an entire server without paying for gold and enjoy all the advantages of a Gold Account, unfortunately then you will most likely end up with a hero that has very weak weaponary because to fund your gold use you will have to auction off most of what you find. That being said it's good that non-gold buyers get these advantages but the majority of gold buyers will find themselves buying more gold than a normal T3.6 server/

KatnipKitteh
04 Feb 2011, 05:35 PM
It is possibly to go an entire server without paying for gold and enjoy all the advantages of a Gold Account, unfortunately then you will most likely end up with a hero that has very weak weaponary because to fund your gold use you will have to auction off most of what you find. That being said it's good that non-gold buyers get these advantages but the majority of gold buyers will find themselves buying more gold than a normal T3.6 server/

Agree with this but would add that if you play as a non-Gold (buying) account then one of the most important requirements is now an early start (like the second the game goes live). When you auction your items you always want to be the first (or near first) to get that item to auction and so achieve the highest price :-)

Steve10
04 Feb 2011, 06:35 PM
Agree with this but would add that if you play as a non-Gold (buying) account then one of the most important requirements is now an early start (like the second the game goes live). When you auction your items you always want to be the first (or near first) to get that item to auction and so achieve the highest price :-)

Yeah that's very true, I think the value of things is very high at the beginning with new players bidding for things that seem useful but in the end have less value. For me personally the only things I bid for are Buckets and Books of Wisdom when I need them. I sold quite a lot of stuff so I made enough profit in the closed beta (along with buying gold) to allow me to bid against rival allies for key helmets and weapons to massively increase the price of products. Its a new strategy that can now be employed to annoy the enemy and even delay attacks. I bid against every single artwork a rival in my 15x15 tried to purchase putting most of them well out of his range as well as doubling the cost of a couple of weapons for enemies the day before they tried to launch an offensive. I think if the auction can be used effectively for war then we're going to get some exciting consequences.

Anonymous the third
04 Feb 2011, 06:52 PM
So here is a quandary, I sent my TTs and hero off to raid a new village (Gaul 95 pop) and they all got trapped. Not to worry thought I, and sent off all my phals on attack to free them. Now they are all trapped too :D I never came across a Gaul with a pop so low and a trapper so high before, has the trapper changed or have I just been unlucky? and if I cant free my hero what do I do? Kill him off and revive him? Or can I make another?

"If opposing troops get freed by a successful attack, 25% of the trapped troops are lost." Does this mean even if I manage to free my troops with another attack I lose a quarter of what was trapped? I think I may need to build a trapper, it must be a better def tool than it was previously. It will also make me a lot more cautious about raiding Gauls in future until my troop numbers are significantly higher. This is a real starting advantage to playing Gauls.

Samantha78
04 Feb 2011, 07:23 PM
So here is a quandary, I sent my TTs and hero off to raid a new village (Gaul 95 pop) and they all got trapped. Not to worry thought I, and sent off all my phals on attack to free them. Now they are all trapped too :D I never came across a Gaul with a pop so low and a trapper so high before, has the trapper changed or have I just been unlucky? and if I cant free my hero what do I do? Kill him off and revive him? Or can I make another?

"If opposing troops get freed by a successful attack, 25% of the trapped troops are lost." Does this mean even if I manage to free my troops with another attack I lose a quarter of what was trapped? I think I may need to build a trapper, it must be a better def tool than it was previously. It will also make me a lot more cautious about raiding Gauls in future until my troop numbers are significantly higher. This is a real starting advantage to playing Gauls.

http://dev.travian.org/?p=170 are the trapper changes from the dev blog; but say nothing about number of traps. May be they are just a cunning gaul :)

Anonymous the third
04 Feb 2011, 07:34 PM
http://dev.travian.org/?p=170 are the trapper changes from the dev blog; but say nothing about number of traps. May be they are just a cunning gaul :)

All good Gauls are cunning, that's what attracts us to them ;) The trapper is definitely looking a more useful building than it used to be. I have used it with varying success early game before but I have tended to find it just annoys the owners of the troops you trap and if they are teuts they can often build mace as fast as you can build traps. Looks like some skilled negotiation is going to be the order of the day. Anyone speak Spanish?

Mouse-Keyboard
04 Feb 2011, 08:12 PM
I got an account an hour or so ago, and so far nothing worthy of note has happened :/

KatnipKitteh
04 Feb 2011, 10:59 PM
All good Gauls are cunning

Yus :-D The theory goes that with less micro-raiding the potential for traps to ensnare a debilitating number of raiders troops is increased so it makes sense to invest in them. Also worth it when settling in a populated area. Nice easy way to catch 10's of TT's and EI's trying to take advantage of your unprotected village ;-)

JYD
05 Feb 2011, 12:25 AM
I was hoping someone with more experience of T4 might answer this. So far, I would say the hero is a much more integral part of the game than before. He is stronger and the res he brings home from the early adventures is very useful. Plus there is no skill or effort required for the adventures. One pops up and you send him off on it. You don't even have to search the map for them as they arelisted under your hero section.

There are no longer separate sections for attack and defence, though off and def bonus are still separate. I always used to put all my points on off bonus from the start but now they are going on fighting strength. If you look at the report from my raid with phals you will see the difference the hero makes now with only a few adventures done.

As for Gold, I haven't bought any yet but I have converted all the silver I have obtained from adventures and auctions into Gold. If I was going to compete seriously I think it would be hard not to without buying some, but then I think that has always been the case.

Many Thanks :)

Anonymous the third
05 Feb 2011, 07:29 AM
Day 8. After inadvertently getting all my troops trapped yesterday, I managed to get them freed with a little persuasion from a much larger teuton friend and threats of his catas, otherwise it would have cost me a hefty ransome so I shall be watching out for that in future. The fact that you now lose 25% of your troops if you free them by force is a real incentive to try pleading/begging/threatening/getting your bigger friends to threaten first.

My hero brought back 3 haeduans from an adventure yesterday which has bumped up my raiding troops. I'm finding the map easy enough to navigate now I am used to it. I like the way all the reports on a village pop up when you click on it and you can go straight to repeat attack, which saves time when raiding by the map. Also the repeat attack button is saving me time when raiding to reports, but I don't like the fact that I can no longer go from a village page to "centre map". I can be very forgetful over which reports I have already sent back to and if I'm not sure, I usually check for red swords on the map, but now I have to go all the way round through the map tab and look for the village.

I'm getting used to the graphics now and don't find them as distracting as I used to, but I still find when I try to access the account through a slow internet connection, that the overlay on the interface screen with troop movements and res production disappears as soon as I send troops out, which is very frustrating.

Mouse-Keyboard
05 Feb 2011, 07:49 PM
Have you done the first 10 adventures yet?

KatnipKitteh
05 Feb 2011, 11:36 PM
Have you done the first 10 adventures yet?

Pretty sure she has as she's picked up 3 Haeds :-)

Mouse-Keyboard
05 Feb 2011, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure she has as she's picked up 3 Haeds :-)
Should have read through it again first :oops:

Anonymous the third
06 Feb 2011, 12:06 PM
Day 9. Am not feeling my trav best today so this will be short. I may have accidently on purpose wiped out the entire army of a lovely little alliance with 20 TTs and my hero yesterday, which may or may not be connected to the two random attacks I now have incoming from a tiny player 24 hours away.

I don't usually use traps as a defence these days, but have decided to give them a go just to see what happens, so 64 traps are in the process of being built.

I have more farms than I have troops to farm them, but despite wheat fields being Level 6 now, I still seem to be in negative wheat and yet I have very few troops and not a great deal of infrastructure. Without going into all the maths and statistics, which I cba to do this morning, (too much alcohol last night) my gut feeling is that there isn't as much wheat on t4.

Steve10
06 Feb 2011, 01:27 PM
I have more farms than I have troops to farm them, but despite wheat fields being Level 6 now, I still seem to be in negative wheat and yet I have very few troops and not a great deal of infrastructure. Without going into all the maths and statistics, which I cba to do this morning, (too much alcohol last night) my gut feeling is that there isn't as much wheat on t4.

Wheat production is exactly the same on Travian 4.

Anonymous the third
06 Feb 2011, 03:13 PM
Wheat production is exactly the same on Travian 4.

Guess my gut instinct isn't to be trusted today :D although the traps are working, I now have 15 ECs and 2 heroes caught in them. What should I ask for their release me wonders?

smoggy
06 Feb 2011, 04:43 PM
Guess my gut instinct isn't to be trusted today :D although the traps are working, I now have 15 ECs and 2 heroes caught in them. What should I ask for their release me wonders?

20% of the cost of them, as if they free them they'll lose 25% so you need to make it slightly beneficial for them.

Anonymous the third
06 Feb 2011, 05:20 PM
20% of the cost of them, as if they free them they'll lose 25% so you need to make it slightly beneficial for them.

Judging by their pop size and the fact that I have been farming them, I think they probably don't have any more troops to try to free them with. I may just be magnanimous and let them go :)

smoggy
06 Feb 2011, 05:45 PM
Judging by their pop size and the fact that I have been farming them, I think they probably don't have any more troops to try to free them with. I may just be magnanimous and let them go :)

Can you not use big words on a Sunday please? :p and thats very charitable of you, yup yup.

Anonymous the third
07 Feb 2011, 07:09 AM
Can you not use big words on a Sunday please? :p and thats very charitable of you, yup yup.

I haven't let them go yet, in fact I seem to have caught a fair number of small raiding parties yesterday :oops:

Day 10 and everything is pretty much settling down to what I would consider normal trav routine. Send out raids, sim a bit, it is beginning to feel like the same game now. I haven't joined an alliance yet though or done much offensively other than wipe out a few local teut armies, so time will tell.

I also seem to be getting random attacks from players 24+ hours away which is really odd, since I can't see any connection between any of them. I'm not sure if that's a t4 thing or a .com thing though..

Steve10
08 Feb 2011, 05:03 PM
Anything else happening?

Anonymous the third
08 Feb 2011, 05:40 PM
Anything else happening?

You currently have 129 traps. 115 of these traps are currently occupied.

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/803026465f0 (I'm defending, bizarrely the attacker was over 24 hours away and Indonesian, no idea what that was all about)

This :D and more raiding parties on the way :( I tried to negotiate payment to release some of them but he decided to leave them in my traps. IGM conversation verbatim, remember to read upwards.

No problem they will get warm and safety at your village. thx btw

OK. If you change your mind let me know, since you are feeding them anyway it's no skin off my nose.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D SO FUNNY.....
TY FOR THE OFFER.....

LET THEM STAY AT YOUR VILLAGE.

payment?

of course. any idea???

Do you want your troops back?

My defence stats will have gone up too as my phallies have been killing off any odd ones over and above the level of my traps. Herc pointed out yesterday, start game will be heavily weighted in a Gauls favour now. The teuts will have to build a lot of mace to make it worthwhile losing 25% of them. In the meantime, canny Gauls will be going straight from building cheap traps for def to making TTs. I would release any raiding troops in my own time then follow them straight home, especially since all my traps get repaired then for free.

I have been investigating the page on the reports section that tells you about local skirmishes. It doesn't tell you about any unopposed raiding, but it does let you know if an inactive nearby has had any defence taken out, which I'm not sure is a good thing if you are the one clearing the farm.

Anonymous the third
12 Feb 2011, 05:09 PM
At the risk of getting into trouble for double posting :P I'm going to do it anyway and update the blog.

Those troops are still in my traps. I did my own investigations of traps today to see what happens from the other side of the fence as an attacker. I got this message

"You freed 23 own troops. You could save 17 own troops." That was from an attack on a Gaul with a pop of 131. Assuming you still can't scout traps, it will definitely make starting with Gauls an attractive option. Who is going to raid you if they stand to lose so many troop, unless they are willing to risk cheap troops. The problem if it's an inactive is how many of the traps get repaired. If each time you attack you are going to lose a quarter of your attacking force, it may take a while and quite a few troops to clear all the traps. You would have to seriously consider whether it was worth it. I am also wondering if you could lose your hero in that 25% of killed troops if you sent him with them.

Samantha78
12 Feb 2011, 05:25 PM
There was a decent gap - and kinda appropriate for a blog!

The hero question is a good one :S

Thank you :)

Anonymous the third
13 Feb 2011, 03:34 PM
I have an attack on the way to free troops I have trapped so I will dodge my def and see what happens when they are broken out, ie how many rebuild or not.

In the meantime I acquired some more cages on an adventure. Last time I sold them but this time I thought I would try using them. It was very challenging, I had to move them to equip my hero then I sent him off to the nearest oasis. 10 minutes later he came back with 2 rats, 2 snakes, 2 crocodiles and a tiger. Amazingly he didn't have a scratch on him! I was amazed by this newly discovered skill of his, so now am looking at spending some of my freely acquired silver on a few more cages to see what else I can get in my menagerie :P

kster
13 Feb 2011, 04:16 PM
Crocs and tigers are decent. Lots make the mistake of going for the boar, wolves bear option which is weaker i think.Price of cages is dropping in the ever evolvong market too. Could a larger teut friend not persuade this guy to release by talking to him with catapults?

Anonymous the third
13 Feb 2011, 04:38 PM
Crocs and tigers are decent. Lots make the mistake of going for the boar, wolves bear option which is weaker i think.Price of cages is dropping in the ever evolvong market too. Could a larger teut friend not persuade this guy to release by talking to him with catapults?

Maybe the guy isn't lucky enough to have a larger teut friend :P The troops are trapped at my village, not the other way round. I want to see how many of my traps repair when he breaks them out.

KatnipKitteh
16 Feb 2011, 07:37 PM
I had to move them to equip my hero then I sent him off to the nearest oasis. 10 minutes later he came back with 2 rats, 2 snakes, 2 crocodiles and a tiger.

Use close to Oasis as Hero XP by clearing them. Look at Oasis near bigger players (which will have been cleared multiple times) for Elephant spawns :-D

Anonymous the third
17 Feb 2011, 04:03 PM
Use close to Oasis as Hero XP by clearing them. Look at Oasis near bigger players (which will have been cleared multiple times) for Elephant spawns :-D

I sent my hero to raid it, nearly killed him again in the process.
http://travian-reports.net/us/report/8227737a463
I tried some ointment to see how quickly it rejuvenates him. It seems to be 1% for each one you use, so not very strong stuff! I used 18 and he went from 4% health to 22%. I think in future I will keep it for emergencies when he is much more expensive to revive.

Raiding isn't so quick and easy once the Travian Plus finished. I really liked the repeat attack button but that must be a plus feature as it has disappeared now.

Finally, I'm saving for a third settler so if anyone local to me has any spare res it would be gratefully received :p Searching for a cropper is very similar to before as you can still hover your mouse over a grid square and see the fields. Gold Club still has a cropper finder so you can pay for convenience as before (or get a mate who has paid for it to look for one for you).

Samantha78
18 Feb 2011, 08:43 AM
mini-hijack :D cos I don't want to create a new thread for a little thing

I'm playing about in T4 seeing what is what and I've just discovered two things

- I knew inactive players lost villages to the Natars (but have only just twigged on the implications of this for plans/artefacts - the morale bonus is going to be substantial :)

- additional sitter options; can finally finally prevent sitters from reading/sending messages and deleting reports (which isn't a good thing if I'm sitting an account in another alliance; but is a great improvement in terms of security)

KatnipKitteh
18 Feb 2011, 08:57 AM
I sent my hero to raid it, nearly killed him again in the process.
http://travian-reports.net/us/report/8227737a463

What lvl is your Hero? That's quite a populated oasis :-) I was talking very early server when the oasis aren't built up and it's important to get an XP bump over your neighbours. On Beta speed I would often lose 20/30 HP a day. I guess I was a bit more carefree as I picked up rejuve armour as one of my first items so with natural 10 HP per day rejuve and the armour I was looking at +20 HP per day. On low lvls (up to 8/10) if you are trying hard to develop your Hero and their HP is below 10 you might consider suiciding and paying with resources to revive (if you have a good income stream) rather than nursing back to full health but not being able to use properly because they are so vulnerable :-) Are all your points in Strength?

Oh and nice hit ;-)

Anonymous the third
18 Feb 2011, 09:47 AM
Oh and nice hit ;-)

Thank you, but it was completely pointless other than to see what would happen.

My 3 settlers are done and itching to go, just waiting for 24 more culture points. I gave up trying to find a cropper by looking on the map, but being too tight to pay for Gold Club myself, I got a friend to look for me :oops: What I really noticed from the list he sent me is how much more crowded the centre is now the WWs are all there, it certainly pushes the less experienced players, or the late starters, further out. All the croppers round me are already taken so I will have to travel a way to get one.

I will be settling a 9c today, decided against a 15c as I don't want to have to spend gold npcing. I will let you all know how it goes.

mini-hijack :D cos I don't want to create a new thread for a little thing)

Hijack all you like :)

KatnipKitteh
18 Feb 2011, 01:35 PM
Thank you, but it was completely pointless other than to see what would happen.

XP is never pointless :-)

Anonymous the third
19 Feb 2011, 08:15 AM
I have a second village this morning, the Questmaster is really pleased with me :) He said so..

Im proud of you! Now you have two villages and have all the possibilities to build a mighty empire. I wish you luck with this.

He has also given me a very generous bounty and disappeared. I'll miss him, he has been there so much longer than the questmaster used to be in 3.6.

I must have been slacking with adventures because I seem to have three stacked up so I will work through them today. His health has been very slow to build back up, then I remembered I have a Helmet of Regeneration which I can switch for the very nifty Helmet of Awareness he is currently donning. Soon as he finishes these adventures I will switch it.

Apart from that nothing interesting much to report. I'm still simming and raiding when I can be bothered/have time. There are certainly no shortage of farms round me, if I was a serious raider I could be substantially further ahead than I am now. The people who stack up animals in their villages are seriously annoying though..

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/826566dabf9

Will need to go back and finish clearing that today.

Anonymous the third
19 Feb 2011, 02:25 PM
Well my new village is already under attack, from someone in the biggest meta I have ever seen! I realise I'm new to .com servers but surely eleven (yes that's ELEVEN folks) wings is ridiculous

Details
Tag: NG-NWA
Name: NORTH WEST MEGA META
Rank 8
Points 93142
Members 55
Position
Battle strategist DMT
battle strategist Daishi571
Diplomat TNT-REC
leader morgy
Sitter Coordinator malawimk
Description
confederacies with
NG+NWA
NG-NWA+
NG*NWA*
NG~NWA
NG X NWA
NG=NWA
NG SFRJ
NG

non-aggression pact(s) with
NG|TS
NG~SRB~
NG C&B

ALL M WINGS

I understood there would be a limit on confederacies with T4 but obviously I was mistaken, or the limit isn't small enough..

kster
19 Feb 2011, 02:46 PM
Ng nwa....the biggest meta in town. Some quality and some serious noob power. There are alliances in the NW (i'm in one) trying to break them up but it's like chipping rocks off a mountain. I know for a fact they are trying to recruit at least 3 different alliances around me. It's very sad. Trying to meta a whole quad up as if endgame where here and it its't even artefacts.

KatnipKitteh
19 Feb 2011, 02:47 PM
I understood there would be a limit on confederacies with T4 but obviously I was mistaken, or the limit isn't small enough..

yus, they said there was going to be in devblog but it never happened which is a shame as an end to metas would be a real plus.

Anonymous the third
20 Feb 2011, 06:55 PM
Still quietly simming and trying not to get too bored *yawn*. Not the same when you don't play a server with some friends. My alliance has a grand total of two members now :D (S7 is proving much more fun)

Something I wanted to know was if it was still possible to send same second waves with firefox. I was waiting until I had built some seige but it occurred to me yesterday I could try it with any type of troops. duh!

Anyway, I tried 5 waves on my little laptop and of the 5 there was a lag for the first and a 3 sec lag for the last but the middle three were same second. That compares to between 5 and 9 same second normally, depending on the time of day. At least I know it can still be done. I want to investigate the rally point next, I understand that it shows types of troops if your rally point is above a certain level which makes fakes very expensive, especially if like me you regularly send out bunches of 5 or 7 wave cata fakes when you are targetting another player.

Anonymous the third
27 Feb 2011, 10:04 AM
Haven't updated this in a while as S7 has been taking over, so I haven't really done much on this account except sim up fields, but today I have exciting news! I have elephants! Yes, that's right, four lovely beautiful elephants coming to defend my village for me :p

Weep in fear now, all you would be attackers...

Vonotar
27 Feb 2011, 01:39 PM
I was tempted to save cages for elephants, but I went with the silver instead :cool: Keep going with the blog though. I want to see how grey zone settling is going for people.

Anonymous the third
27 Feb 2011, 04:35 PM
I was tempted to save cages for elephants, but I went with the silver instead :cool: Keep going with the blog though. I want to see how grey zone settling is going for people.

I will find out what I can. There are a lot of villages settled there, loving the names of some of them. "Please don't kill me yet" is particularly striking :D

Anonymous the third
11 Mar 2011, 06:58 AM
Just checking out the new low resolution version of the graphics and map. The graphics look the same but simplified so if you don't like the clutter, the village layout is easier to look at.

Map - and here is the big change! It loads quickly and has the old style grid references with an option to move up/down left/right by one full screen like the 3.6 maps.

Hopefully this will make it easier for people to play on phones without losing any of the gameplay, plus anyone who just can't get on with the new style maps can use this version. Seems as if HQ actually do listen to their customers after all...

kster
11 Mar 2011, 08:10 AM
I think the centre map feature may be back in the low resolution too. It would be interesting to know if there's any change to the amount of hits per second that can be achieved between the two options as well.

Anonymous the third
11 Mar 2011, 09:25 AM
I think the centre map feature may be back in the low resolution too. It would be interesting to know if there's any change to the amount of hits per second that can be achieved between the two options as well.

Good point - I may give that a try out tonight..

Anonymous the third
11 Mar 2011, 06:37 PM
Good point - I may give that a try out tonight..

OK, experiment results (bearing in mind I used to get 7/8 same second waves on 3.6). The most I could manage on Beta was 4, BUT using the low resolution graphics I got 7. So there is something to cheer up all you attackers out there :)

Vonotar
11 Mar 2011, 08:34 PM
Looking good. I might be able to use my iphone now. Anything I did I had to just click empty spaces and pray.

Anonymous the third
13 Mar 2011, 05:31 PM
And here is what happens when you play without Gold, auto evade and take your eye off the ball

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/869224a4640

My elephants are dead :( Need sympathy please - by the bucketload!

KatnipKitteh
13 Mar 2011, 05:45 PM
And here is what happens when you play without Gold, auto evade and take your eye off the ball

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/869224a4640

My elephants are dead :( Need sympathy please - by the bucketload!

Flamin' ivory hunting Gauls :-( *hugs* to you.

Cait
13 Mar 2011, 10:40 PM
Just checking out the new low resolution version of the graphics and map. The graphics look the same but simplified so if you don't like the clutter, the village layout is easier to look at.

Map - and here is the big change! It loads quickly and has the old style grid references with an option to move up/down left/right by one full screen like the 3.6 maps.

Hopefully this will make it easier for people to play on phones without losing any of the gameplay, plus anyone who just can't get on with the new style maps can use this version. Seems as if HQ actually do listen to their customers after all...

Where is the low res version?

Anonymous the third
14 Mar 2011, 11:49 AM
Where is the low res version?

It is only available on the Beta server so far.

Anonymous the third
25 Nov 2011, 07:39 PM
Wow, I can't believe this thread is still here. Several months on and nearly completed a full T4 server including building a WW. Endgame is proving very different and I am not sure I like all the changes.

The big differences at the end of all this;

1. Raiding is much easier as long as you pay for Gold Club BUT the farm list no longer tells you your profit and losses for a farm which is a feature I miss.

2. Getting same second waves is MUCH harder, cutting is much easier and so you have to be more inventive about how you set up your waves. It has been interesting watching players learn this. Some still try to put a clearer in the first wave and follow it with 5 or 6 waves after, so easy to split. Others are learning a mid wave clearer is imperative now if you are hitting an active player and don't want to lose a stack of catas.

3. Endgame is even more of a drag than before. With the WW villages in the centre, only WWk builders should be settling out in the fringes. Otherwise, feeding the WW is incredibly difficult. Added to that is the fact that there is no longer the half wheat bonus for defence together with MASSIVE natar hits and it is almost impossible to defend WWs to the level that you could on the 3.6 servers. With WWs falling much more easily and defence far more stretched it is now all about which alliance has the most WWks in the end.