PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Moderators - Discussion

Avi
26 Nov 2013, 07:01 PM
(A copy of the announcement shown here (http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76400), to allow anyone to discuss and/or ask questions).

http://www.stumpsparty.com/images/itm_img/P0393P.jpg
http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=406&pictureid=2513

Position of Forum Moderator

We are looking to appoint a Forum Moderator. This person is expected to be an active forum user, able to log on most days of the week. They will be expected to follow the rules of the forum and represent Travian Games.

If you are interested in applying, you must have good communication skills and treat others with respect. You will need to be able to operate as part of a team and use your own initiative to work on your own when required. Your main role will be to handle queries from users and deal with scenarios where you must enforce the forum rules. If you happen to be an innovator, a creative aspect is helpful within the role as we welcome fresh ideas to keep the forum interesting and fun for all.

Communication within the team is vital and therefore all applicants must have and be willing to use skype.
Please note that Forum Moderators must be over 18 years old.

Does this sound like you? Please send a message with the following to avi@travianteam.com

Your forum username
Your real name and age
Tell us about yourself, things you enjoy, if you work or study
What Travian experience do you have and what servers do you play?
Have you moderated a forum before or worked in customer service?
What skills or qualities would you bring to the forum if you were a Moderator?
What actually motivates you to apply for the role?
Can you commit to reading the forum on a daily basis?
Written interviews are held on Skype - please provide your Skype ID

Application deadline: 08.12.13

Skype Interviews: w/c 09.12.13 & 16.12.13

The new Moderator will not be expected to begin until the new year, so please do not worry about the advertisement being over Christmas :)

Any questions - please post below or PM if you'd prefer.

Thank you,

Avi
Forum Admin, Travian UK

Carrothead
26 Nov 2013, 10:08 PM
But what if I want to be FA? What then, Avi?

Avi
26 Nov 2013, 10:10 PM
But what if I want to be FA? What then, Avi?

I need to answer this carefully as you know where I live.

Then applying as a Mod is probably a good stepping stone to getting there.

zimrich
26 Nov 2013, 10:22 PM
With 3 mods currently covering most sections is there a real need for another mod ?

Surely you have enough mods as it stands ?

Carrothead
26 Nov 2013, 10:25 PM
I need to answer this carefully as you know where I live.

Then applying as a Mod is probably a good stepping stone to getting there.

But hypothetically, if I wanted to go straight into it...?

Maybe their activity windows are similar? There's no expense in hiring more, no real loss. So why not add a few to the team if they see fit?

Bloated Fish
26 Nov 2013, 11:53 PM
I say bring back Zimrich, they were a great mod... not enough troops in game though. :P

Avi
10 Jan 2014, 09:49 PM
Dear all,

Thank you for all of your applications to join the Travian UK team. The standard was very high and it was a joy to read all of the applications and know that you want to help out on the forum and make things better, I hope those of you who were not successful this time round would apply again in the future.

We have now completed all interviews and hired. The Moderators will be in training for the timebeing without banners, but they can share who they are if they wish. Once training is complete we will announce the names officially and assign their forum sections.

Thank you,

Avi
Forum Admin, Travian UK

Bloated Fish
10 Jan 2014, 11:58 PM
Rumour has it we will be seeing...

Mod Nod

is this true? or are my rumours as baseless as usual?

Carrothead
11 Jan 2014, 12:18 AM
I thought I'd share that I am indeed coming back as a Moderator.

MLGJ
11 Jan 2014, 12:30 AM
Rumour has it we will be seeing...

Mod Nod

is this true? or are my rumours as baseless as usual?

That would be the final straw lol

wgn
11 Jan 2014, 07:30 AM
Congratz Carrothead

Avi
11 Jan 2014, 04:21 PM
Hmmm! Perhaps we should just wait for the announcement... ;)

Carrothead
11 Jan 2014, 08:30 PM
Well my application was flawless and it didn't even get an official response. So I went to HQ and they're reinstating me.

Setback
11 Jan 2014, 09:33 PM
Mod Nod and Mod Moog el noob (v2).

CM Chrisvc
11 Jan 2014, 11:10 PM
Well my application was flawless and it didn't even get an official response. So I went to HQ and they're reinstating me.

I think I'd know about that ;)

Keiji_Maeda
12 Jan 2014, 12:16 AM
I think I'd know about that ;)
Maybe you do know and you're just bluffing! :o

Avi
27 Jan 2014, 10:06 PM
Dear all,

First Moderator out of training is Feenix888 :) please welcome him to our team, he will be moderating the new Uk4 embassy to begin with. He has been playing Travian for roughly 4 years, and some of you may know him from playing on our birthday server, Uk5.

I hope to post here again in the next 24 hrs with another update for you!

Avi
Forum Admin, Travian UK

PinkFairyKing
27 Jan 2014, 10:17 PM
Congratulations Feenix :)

Zeta
27 Jan 2014, 10:19 PM
Congratulations Feenix. I hope you don't find it too tedious.

wgn
27 Jan 2014, 11:44 PM
Congratz .

septimus ii
28 Jan 2014, 12:19 AM
Congratulations Feenix. I hope you don't find it too tedious.

Or too exciting :D

Feenix888
28 Jan 2014, 07:41 AM
Surprise! :) Thanks :)

Avi
28 Jan 2014, 07:20 PM
Dear all,

Our second Moderator out of training is Crimson Wolf :) please welcome him to our team, he will also be moderating the new Uk4 embassy to begin with, alongside Feenix888. Crimson Wolf has played previously on Uk1 and Uk6, and you will now find him on the Uk5 birthday server.

I don't think we have hired anyone from Uk5 for a long time so we are making up for it now!

Avi
Forum Admin, Travian UK

wgn
28 Jan 2014, 07:46 PM
Congratz .

septimus ii
28 Jan 2014, 07:48 PM
Oh no :S

Avi
28 Jan 2014, 11:42 PM
Dear all,

We would also like to welcome Keiji_Maeda back to the team. Some of you may remember him as part of the UK team in 2011, or know him from Travian Pakistan where he was their Forum Admin before it closed a couple of months ago.

Keiji_Maeda has held a number of positions within Travian crew and has a lot of experience working with players. He will be covering the Talk & Play community section at the bottom of the forum to begin with - please do message him with any ideas you have to liven the place up and what you would like to see more of.

Avi
Forum Admin, Travian UK

crossbreed
29 Jan 2014, 12:08 AM
Dear all,

Our second Moderator out of training is Crimson Wolf :) please welcome him to our team, he will also be moderating the new Uk4 embassy to begin with, alongside Feenix888. Crimson Wolf has played previously on Uk1 and Uk6, and you will now find him on the Uk5 birthday server.

I don't think we have hired anyone from Uk5 for a long time so we are making up for it now!

Avi
Forum Admin, Travian UK

You are kidding right? I'm out of uk4 server then.

wgn
29 Jan 2014, 12:41 PM
Congratz KM

Hawkery
29 Jan 2014, 01:14 PM
Congratulations to all and best of luck! :)

crossbreed
29 Jan 2014, 10:07 PM
Congratulations to all and best of luck! :)
I will not play s4 on principle now, hope to see you on another server :D

Hawkery
30 Jan 2014, 02:32 AM
I will not play s4 on principle now, hope to see you on another server :D

No doubt I will see you around at some point as well. Hopefully s4 but nevermind if not! :)

Avi
01 Feb 2014, 10:11 AM
You are kidding right? I'm out of uk4 server then.

Sorry to hear that Crossbreed, you are entitled to your opinion.

As long as you are within the rules then you shouldn't have anything to worry about by playing on a server where the staff know you.

Carrothead
01 Feb 2014, 10:45 AM
This is awkward, when am I being announced? Have you forgotten about me?

commander
01 Feb 2014, 11:33 AM
This is awkward, when am I being announced? Have you forgotten about me?

I think they are waiting because you are a new SMOD :cat:

septimus ii
01 Feb 2014, 01:20 PM
Sorry to hear that Crossbreed, you are entitled to your opinion.

As long as you are within the rules then you shouldn't have anything to worry about by playing on a server where the staff know you.

I think he was just taking the mickey

Carrothead
01 Feb 2014, 09:15 PM
I think they are waiting because you are a new SMOD :cat:

That's the only possible reason I could think of. They couldn't turn me down, could they?

mhudson
02 Jan 2017, 11:13 AM
http://www.stumpsparty.com/images/itm_img/P0393P.jpg
http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=406&pictureid=2513

Position of Community Moderator

We are looking to appoint a new Community Moderator. This person is expected to be an active forum user, able to log on most days of the week. They will be expected to follow the rules of the forum and represent Travian Games.

If you are interested in applying, you must have good communication skills and treat others with respect. You will need to be able to operate as part of a team and use your own initiative to work on your own when required.

Your main role will be to handle queries from users and deal with scenarios where you must enforce the forum rules. If you happen to be an innovator, a creative aspect is helpful within the role as we welcome fresh ideas to keep the forum interesting and fun for all.

We are particularly looking for people to run the games area (inc overseeing the community WvV threads), Creativity Corner (to create and run events) and Guides area (update an revitalise).

Communication within the team is vital and therefore all applicants must have and be willing to use skype and slack team messager.
Please note that Forum Moderators must be over 18 years old.

Does this sound like you? Please send your CV with the following to CM@travian.co.uk

Your forum username
Your real name and age and location.
Tell us about yourself, things you enjoy, if you work or study
What Travian experience do you have and what servers do you play?
Have you moderated a forum before or worked in customer service?
What skills or qualities would you bring to the forum if you were a Moderator?
What actually motivates you to apply for the role?
Can you commit to reading the forum on a daily basis?
Written interviews are held on Skype - please provide your Skype ID.

The more information you can give the better chance you have. Treating this as a real job application by sending a full CV along with the questions above will greatly increase your chances. Single word answers will be rejected.

Application deadline: 01.02.2017

Any questions - please post in the discussion thread or PM if you'd prefer.

Thank you,

Eric Rasputin
02 Jan 2017, 05:55 PM
Can I apply too? :P

Tombo457
02 Jan 2017, 08:43 PM
Can I apply too? :P

If you meet the requirements, then of course :D

notorious crunchie
02 Jan 2017, 08:59 PM
"and treat others with respect"

Is this part set in stone? I think I'd make a great mod but that is a particular virtue I'm missing from my collection

Eric Rasputin
02 Jan 2017, 09:04 PM
Like do you already have to be a mod to be a Community mod... or? I haven't been on the forum for long, so I guess that part is lacking.

mhudson
02 Jan 2017, 09:16 PM
The term Community Moderator is used because there are plans for the role to expand from just the forum in 2017. Awaiting final details from HQ at the moment