PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone - Using gold

boxerboy89
07 Dec 2013, 09:55 PM
There is always questions going around about using gold features or hero/auction features while on a mobile phone (smart phone). It varies from person to person, but I think some help should be posted for those who need it.

Iphone Users:
The safari internet browser seems to work fine for all tasks. When NPC'ing the pop up shows clearly. If the Safari browser does not work for you, the Opera browser also works but remember the pop up box may be in the bottom corner so zoom out to find it.

Android Users:
For the android users, there has been many different opinions on what works and what doesn't. I will list a few and say how I found them, but do remember it may vary depending on internet signal strength/phone.

Internet (standard) - It has been found that for most people this browser will not allow gold use. It also struggles to select certain options in game such as hero links. I do not recommend this browser.

Chrome Browser - I personally do not like this browser, but I know others find it to work fine. I have a samsung phone and this browser has the same issues as the standard Internet browser. If it does work for you and you choose to use it, when using gold the pop up will appear at the bottom so zoom out to see if it has opened.

Opera Browser - Heard lots of good feedback about this browser. Seems to work for the 'majority' of people. The benefits with this browser is that it is easy to modify (guides are easy to find on a google search) which basically means its possible to send same second waves on the go - Very handy! Unfortunately this browser does not work well on my phone so I can not go into more detail. When using gold/NPC, the pop up will show down the bottom and may not be visable; you may have to scroll down quite far to find it.

Firefox Browser - This is the browser I personally use and I have no issues with it. I would recomment this one for android users. I find the browser to work fast and be smooth when changing between travian pages and forums. Like opera above, when using gold links etc the pop up box may appear far down the page so a zoom out or scroll down may be required. I have not found any options that I can not access, even when having a bad internet connection.

Tip for android users - I would try firefox and opera browser first as they have the highest chance of being succesful for you. It doesnt hurt to download them all and try them individually, then delete what doesnt work. If you find more than one works for you, choose which one runs the smoothest or if one is more easy to modify.

Opinions on your experiances are welcome for people struggling to play on their smart phones.

Samantha78
07 Dec 2013, 09:59 PM
Safari only works up to 1mn resources for NPC; above that you need to use a different browser - my favourite choice being Chrome.

If something doesn't work, then it's always worth trying Opera on any platform. It's a very well written/compact browser.

Ryder
08 Dec 2013, 06:54 AM
Safari only works up to 1mn resources for NPC; above that you need to use a different browser - my favourite choice being Chrome.

If something doesn't work, then it's always worth trying Opera on any platform. It's a very well written/compact browser.

I use to find this but on the current s5 I've had no problems npc'in way over 1million, so I assumed the bug had been fixed

septimus ii
12 Dec 2013, 04:28 PM
Opera Browser - The benefits with this browser is that it is easy to modify (guides are easy to find on a google search) which basically means its possible to send same second waves on the go - Very handy!

So you can send same sec waves from a phone? Can anyone give details on how to set Opera up for this?

Hawkery
12 Dec 2013, 07:20 PM
Nice overview, Boxer :) A comparison between the apps has been needed for some time I think!

My smart-phone experiences have mainly consisted of fixing the titanic with duct tape. It's handy as a go between to send wheat / spend up / send raids / check incomings, but any actual work has to wait till I'm back at my PC/Laptop.

Opera - There's the option to save username and password which is a GEM. Usability seems very good so far and it loads pages a lot more effectively than Safari does. NPCing is very difficult though, I'm trying to NPC for another wheat field and instead of distributing the remainder evenly, I'm trying to spread it with more bias across wo/cl/ir and less on wheat, so I take X amount off the wheat but it doesn't re-calculate the new remainder which is really frustrating. There was mention that Opera is good for NPCing on iPhone but I gave up trying to redistribute on my iPhone just. Anyone else experienced difficulties on 4.2? I'm not a fan of the new NPCing interface in 4.2, on smart phone or computer so I assume it's more complex coding than before.

PinkFairyKing
14 Dec 2013, 07:14 PM
Chrome came loaded with my phone so I have always used that. Never had any problems as far as I can remember.

But the sending same second waves thing sounds interesting

boxerboy89
15 Dec 2013, 09:48 PM
Nice overview, Boxer :) A comparison between the apps has been needed for some time I think!

My smart-phone experiences have mainly consisted of fixing the titanic with duct tape. It's handy as a go between to send wheat / spend up / send raids / check incomings, but any actual work has to wait till I'm back at my PC/Laptop.

Opera - There's the option to save username and password which is a GEM. Usability seems very good so far and it loads pages a lot more effectively than Safari does. NPCing is very difficult though, I'm trying to NPC for another wheat field and instead of distributing the remainder evenly, I'm trying to spread it with more bias across wo/cl/ir and less on wheat, so I take X amount off the wheat but it doesn't re-calculate the new remainder which is really frustrating. There was mention that Opera is good for NPCing on iPhone but I gave up trying to redistribute on my iPhone just. Anyone else experienced difficulties on 4.2? I'm not a fan of the new NPCing interface in 4.2, on smart phone or computer so I assume it's more complex coding than before.

This is another reason why I moved to firefox as it calculates the remainder as you type in numbers :)

Not sure if the phone processor has anything to do with it though...

Gwoww
25 Oct 2014, 05:48 PM
I can't seem to use NPC and gold when im using 3/4g but can on wifi, use safari on my iphone, any ideas?

Samantha78
25 Oct 2014, 07:07 PM
that's odd - using chrome or opera ought to mean you can use in any case

Zippy5
30 Oct 2014, 08:39 AM
Yeah for some reason using safari doesn't allow you to do use gold or the market place whilst on 3g/4g. Switch to Opera, sam suggested a while ago and I use opera now when on my phone. Works all the time

Gwoww
30 Oct 2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks chaps!

Samantha78
30 Oct 2014, 10:47 PM
safari sometimes interprets code in an odd way; I'm guessing you'd just updating your iOS version too?