Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: [All Versions]NPC Calculator

  1. #1

    Default [All Versions]NPC Calculator

    HI have work for some time on calculator what make maximums of troopers in your NPC

    http://www.npccalculator.com/

    Pleas post same feedback so I can devilment it more

  2. #2
    Junior Teuton Member dan1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I like it, i already used to work it out myself, just divide your total resource amount by the amount of resources it costs to produce 1 troop.

    e.g. 10 k resources for some axemen (130 + 120 + 170 + 70 = 490)

    10000/490 = 20 (.4 or something, but 20 troops max)

    then you just multiply the amount required for each resource by 20, so:

    2600 wood
    2400 clay
    3400 iron
    1400 wheat

    then hey presto, 20 axemen are queued.
    your program will be useful, saving me a couple of minutes which is always good, i will leave feedback if i find any errors, but looks god so far
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life 8)

  3. #3
    Gebruik met handboek! ToySoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    705

    Default

    http://travian-npc-calculator.com/ (Is exactly the same, I've noticed)
    Hi there :p

  4. #4

    Default

    I created one of these using java

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldier View Post
    http://travian-npc-calculator.com/ (Is exactly the same, I've noticed)
    i prefer this one - much more easy to use, although doesn't look as good

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldier View Post
    http://travian-npc-calculator.com/ (Is exactly the same, I've noticed)
    It is a "Copy cat".. He have ask to buy my site doman name for 50Euro but I said No so he make his own one.. Well mine is better it have easier copy system (Lock under support if you dont understand)what works on Mac Linux and of cores windows.

  7. #7
    lantins
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoOo View Post
    It is a "Copy cat".. He have ask to buy my site doman name for 50Euro but I said No so he make his own one.. Well mine is better it have easier copy system (Lock under support if you dont understand)what works on Mac Linux and of cores windows.
    Not quite how it planned out if you remember FoOo (I relise this post is rather old)...
    You removed the tool from your website when trying to sell the website, so that seemed to annoy a lot of people because they were unable to use the tool! Given it was removed!
    So I registered a domain name and wrote something similar in a few hours.

  8. #8
    I'm the PanDaddy! Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sidewinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hiding
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lantins View Post
    Not quite how it planned out if you remember FoOo (I relise this post is rather old)...
    You removed the tool from your website when trying to sell the website, so that seemed to annoy a lot of people because they were unable to use the tool! Given it was removed!
    So I registered a domain name and wrote something similar in a few hours.
    Great, so now we have 2 (wonderful I'm sure) tools to do something that I wrote a spreadsheet to do in 5 minutes.

    \o/

    Efficiency

  9. #9

    Default

    And just to top it all off...

    http://kirilloid.ru/travian/troops.p...t_lvl=1&unit=1

    Not as good in that you have to put each resource amount in, but it gives you all the info you need.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  10. #10
    I'm the PanDaddy! Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sidewinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hiding
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    Not as good in that you have to put each resource amount in, but it gives you all the info you need.
    Not really, just type the total into one of the boxes and leave the others

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Not really, just type the total into one of the boxes and leave the others
    Oh yeah...

    Lol even though it gives you the total in the ingame NPC market, i've been putting them all in individually... silly me
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  12. #12

    Default

    And yet another NPC Calculator

    http://StrategyOne.US

    The others mentioned above are great for calculating NPCs for one troop-type, but what if you want to do more than that with your resources? For example: A field upgrade, a building upgrade, a shield upgrade, and two or more different troop types? And that's where this calculator comes in handy. You can enter any possible combo of troops, and up to five other types of upgrades/researches/purchases, and it will instantly calculate it.

    Can all of this be done with a spreadsheet? Probably, but:

    A) It takes time and effort to 'program' the spreadsheet.
    B) The finished product isn't as nice and neat as a tool custom-made for the purpose.
    C) I question if it's possible to create a spreadsheet which works as well.
    D) This (and other NPC calculators) are free to use, so what's gained by building a spreadsheet?

    Anyway, there it is. Use it or not, your choice

    Oh, and this one can also be found on Travian.com's list of links:
    http://travian.com/links.php

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrategyOne.US View Post
    And yet another NPC Calculator

    http://StrategyOne.US

    The others mentioned above are great for calculating NPCs for one troop-type, but what if you want to do more than that with your resources? For example: A field upgrade, a building upgrade, a shield upgrade, and two or more different troop types? And that's where this calculator comes in handy. You can enter any possible combo of troops, and up to five other types of upgrades/researches/purchases, and it will instantly calculate it.

    Can all of this be done with a spreadsheet? Probably, but:

    A) It takes time and effort to 'program' the spreadsheet.
    B) The finished product isn't as nice and neat as a tool custom-made for the purpose.
    C) I question if it's possible to create a spreadsheet which works as well.
    D) This (and other NPC calculators) are free to use, so what's gained by building a spreadsheet?

    Anyway, there it is. Use it or not, your choice :
    Not that useful tbh, the idea is you either NPC your spare resource to get troops after you have selected building options, or you NPC all your res into troops. You never try and do 2 things at once, it just doesn't work. And you have to input the data yourself. And for troops it does it in reverse, you have your resource figures, you just want to know how to distribute to get the maximum amount.

    You could use the process of elimination to calculate the number of troops, but that takes time. Better off just using the other ones.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    Not that useful tbh, the idea is you either NPC your spare resource to get troops after you have selected building options, or you NPC all your res into troops. You never try and do 2 things at once, it just doesn't work. And you have to input the data yourself. And for troops it does it in reverse, you have your resource figures, you just want to know how to distribute to get the maximum amount.

    You could use the process of elimination to calculate the number of troops, but that takes time. Better off just using the other ones.
    You lost me there, Berethor. Yes, you're NPC-ing your spare resources. What that means, is that you're low on one or more resources, maybe zero, but you may have a ton of the others. That's the whole reason you're willing to use Gold to redistribute it. What's more, if you're thinking that Step 1 is to buy everything you can with your resources, and then NPC what remains when you can't buy anything else, I disagree with that strategy. Better to know in advance everything you can purchase with all of your resources, and then make wise decisions on the best combination. Regardless, often that isn't an option. For instance, let's say you just lost most of your troops in a battle. After that, your net wheat production goes sky-high. The end result is a filled-up granary (or granaries, later in the game) particularly if it's a cropper. Loads of wheat, but nearly nothing of the others.

    And what do you mean it "doesn't work" to NPC more than one thing? Of course it works. E.g., let's say you want 50-50 Phalanx and Druid Riders (for a good balanced defense against infantry and cavalry, and to keep the cue going in both the barracks and the stable)? You press the Phalanx button, divide that number in half (easy math to do in your head) and then press the Druid Rider button, and boom, your resources are calculated to buy 50-50 of each. Or slip in a field upgrade first, and then do the Phalanx-Druids calc, and you have three. And so on. This calculator lends itself to a lot of "what if" scenario testing, so that you can play around with different combos of purchases, to make the best use of your resources (and Gold).

    "You have to input the data yourself": As opposed to what? It reads your mind? Or, are you talking about the five rows at the top, which don't have drop-down lists of all possible researches, upgrades, builds, hero revivals, etc. (which total about 12,000 possible combos, by my count)? If so, we considered that, but the length of the list, and number of clicks and scrolls you'd have to go through to find what you want, just didn't seem worthwhile. In the time you went through that, you could have typed in four numbers.

    And I can't guess what you're talking about with "it does it in reverse." No it doesn't. You have your total resources available (which you get from your Travian NPC merchant page). You enter that into the top of the Strategy One NPC calculator (where it says "Resources Available"). Then you press the button of the troop you want. Resource distribution is listed at the bottom of the table. End of story, if you're just looking to NPC one troop-type. One number to enter, plus one mouse click (if you've previously selected the tribe, which saves that as the default via cookie).

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrategyOne.US View Post
    *blah*
    Yeah i didn't play around with it before. Now i have though and i can see what you mean. Although i still think it is quite pointless.

    And you say about NPCing resources when they are low? Well i find that quite pointless myself, wait until the warehouse/granary is almost full and then do it, for example, there is no point on NPCing 10k wheat in your 15cropper even if it will get you building things faster. I think its best to wait until the granary is just about to fill up, and then NPC it. This way you save gold as you NPC less frequently. But then again i know higher up players go through 20+ gold a day NPCing, especially in startgame when they run out of wood for maces or something.


    Quote Originally Posted by StrategyOne.US View Post
    "You have to input the data yourself": As opposed to what? It reads your mind? Or, are you talking about the five rows at the top, which don't have drop-down lists of all possible researches, upgrades, builds, hero revivals, etc. (which total about 12,000 possible combos, by my count)? If so, we considered that, but the length of the list, and number of clicks and scrolls you'd have to go through to find what you want, just didn't seem worthwhile. In the time you went through that, you could have typed in four numbers.
    I assumed you typed in the number of troops you wanted and it told you the resource cost. That is infact the case if you want more than one troop type, as it just sets the second value to 0 when you click more than one.

    But as for the buildings, it is pointless. You can spend the time you input into that adding up the total resource cost yourself and deducting that from your total resources, and then calculating for troops.

    The main reason you NPC in the first place is so you can add to the train queue a maximum amount of troops with your current resources. But i never have a problem with buildings, i would rather wait the extra few hours for the right resources and then auto complete it, as it costs one less gold. Infact for high level buildings (that take 48+ hours) you probably end up auto completing anyway, so why pay 5 gold when you could pay just 2, and have the building a few hours later?

    Well a bit of constructive critiscism here. It would be quite simple, infact very simple; to link that to a query in a database.

    Like this:

    Building | Level | Wood | Clay | Iron | Wheat | Total
    *drop down menu: Building name* | *Drop down menu: Building level* | Resources determined by these entries.

    That is very simple to create, it just takes time to enter each level of resources needed for buildings into the database/spreadsheet.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  16. #16
    /noscorp or i am?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    I assumed you typed in the number of troops you wanted and it told you the resource cost. That is infact the case if you want more than one troop type, as it just sets the second value to 0 when you click more than one.
    Right, so the idea is, you press the button for one, and then reduce the resulting number to make room for more of something else (and then push the button for it). E.g., press the Phalanx button. It results in 100 Phalanx. You reduce that to 33, and then press the Druids button. It's just a starting point, to tell you how many you can buy with 'x' resources, and then you can play with it from there.

    But as for the buildings, it is pointless. You can spend the time you input into that adding up the total resource cost yourself and deducting that from your total resources, and then calculating for troops.
    You find that easier? And by doing it that way, you're cutting it out of the calculations for the NPC trade.

    The main reason you NPC in the first place is so you can add to the train queue a maximum amount of troops with your current resources.
    That's a reason, but it certainly isn't the only one. And based on my own Travian play, and talking with other players, they usually want to keep the cue going in both the barracks and stable, and maybe the siege factory too.

    But i never have a problem with buildings, i would rather wait the extra few hours for the right resources and then auto complete it, as it costs one less gold. Infact for high level buildings (that take 48+ hours) you probably end up auto completing anyway, so why pay 5 gold when you could pay just 2, and have the building a few hours later?
    I couldn't follow your point there, but when you said "I would rather wait the extra few hours...." that's a tip-off that you aren't a very experience Travian player . Time is as valuable a commodity in Travian as resources are. Anyone can build a 100,000 troop hammer, or a nation with a population of 40,000. The question is who gets there first. It's a race against the clock.

    Regardless, the point of NPC-ing is so that you maximize your resources, for whatever it is you want to buy. If you want to buy 100 Phalanx, 20 catapults, 10 rams, upgrade a wheat field, and increase the shield on your Druid Riders, that takes a specific amount of resources to do. The goal of this calculator is to help users discover what those amounts are, so that fewer NPCs need to be done -- you just do one NPC for all of it (if you have enough resources saved up, as is the case for most people who log-in just once or twice a day).

    Well a bit of constructive critiscism here. It would be quite simple, infact very simple; to link that to a query in a database.

    Like this:

    Building | Level | Wood | Clay | Iron | Wheat | Total
    *drop down menu: Building name* | *Drop down menu: Building level* | Resources determined by these entries.

    That is very simple to create, it just takes time to enter each level of resources needed for buildings into the database/spreadsheet.
    As I said before, not as simple as you may think. There are thousands of possibilities, when you include all of the researches, fields, buildings, upgrades, and hero revivals. And ultimately I don't think it's worthwhile to the end-user.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrategyOne.US View Post
    Right, so the idea is, you press the button for one, and then reduce the resulting number to make room for more of something else (and then push the button for it). E.g., press the Phalanx button. It results in 100 Phalanx. You reduce that to 33, and then press the Druids button. It's just a starting point, to tell you how many you can buy with 'x' resources, and then you can play with it from there.



    You find that easier? And by doing it that way, you're cutting it out of the calculations for the NPC trade.



    That's a reason, but it certainly isn't the only one. And based on my own Travian play, and talking with other players, they usually want to keep the cue going in both the barracks and stable, and maybe the siege factory too.



    I couldn't follow your point there, but when you said "I would rather wait the extra few hours...." that's a tip-off that you aren't a very experience Travian player . Time is as valuable a commodity in Travian as resources are. Anyone can build a 100,000 troop hammer, or a nation with a population of 40,000. The question is who gets there first. It's a race against the clock.

    Regardless, the point of NPC-ing is so that you maximize your resources, for whatever it is you want to buy. If you want to buy 100 Phalanx, 20 catapults, 10 rams, upgrade a wheat field, and increase the shield on your Druid Riders, that takes a specific amount of resources to do. The goal of this calculator is to help users discover what those amounts are, so that fewer NPCs need to be done -- you just do one NPC for all of it (if you have enough resources saved up, as is the case for most people who log-in just once or twice a day).



    As I said before, not as simple as you may think. There are thousands of possibilities, when you include all of the researches, fields, buildings, upgrades, and hero revivals. And ultimately I don't think it's worthwhile to the end-user.
    You make a good few points there, and i agree with most of them.

    But the one about time being the most important resource, that is very true. But the only way you can minimise time spent is by maximising raiding and gold use. I personally do not have bottomless pockets, i can afford a very maximum of 30 gold a week, and i always try to ration it to slowly build it up for endgame use. The fact that i prefer to NPC when my resource amount is high, i can normally afford any building anyway without NPCing first, so i build the desired field or whatever, and either i run out of resources, or i use a regular calculator to build troops.

    But by far your best point is about multiple troops training. That is by far the most useful thing about that calculator. But it does not take into account the time to build, if you made a calculator that took in only a resource amount, and gave out troops that give a balanced amount of time in the build queue for the barracks, stables and siege workshop (assuming level 20), then i would be impressed.

    But that would be horribly complicated, so many variables.

    Your NPC calculator used in conjunction with this offence calculator:

    http://kirilloid.ru/travian/off_calc.php

    Now that is a good combination, you can use these in conjunction to calculate everything when it comes to troop production.

    But personally, i prefer to do it in my head/from instinct. It is probably why i fail
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  19. #19

    Default

    That's a good point about adding troop-training time to the calculator, and it's been requested by another very experienced Travian player. As you said, it would get too messy to calculate troop numbers based on time, but we could add a display column for the time it would take to train the troop numbers entered, and then you could fiddle with the numbers from there to try to get the total time you wanted. Would also need to add selectors for the levels of the barracks, stable, siege factory, and whether or not it's a speed server, all of which affects training time.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrategyOne.US View Post
    That's a good point about adding troop-training time to the calculator, and it's been requested by another very experienced Travian player. As you said, it would get too messy to calculate troop numbers based on time, but we could add a display column for the time it would take to train the troop numbers entered, and then you could fiddle with the numbers from there to try to get the total time you wanted. Would also need to add selectors for the levels of the barracks, stable, siege factory, and whether or not it's a speed server, all of which affects training time.
    yeah because you would want to balance the time for each if you want to keep the queues going. all it takes is the build times for each unit at each barracks level.

    I don't think there is a troop/time calculator out there as it tells you in the barracks, although only when you add them to the build queue...

    It would be very useful if that offence simulator worked in reverse, with a certain amount of res worth of troops, and what time scale it would take to train them at varying levels of barracks/stables etc.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •