Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware of hackers

Default Beware of hackers

What an absolute joke, I come back to my account last night and see all my troops have been suicided against the number 1 defender of the week. And it turns out that this is the 3rd time it's happened this week, with all off armies being sent at him in the form of raids.

What makes it even more dodgy is a large account from TSN also provided my army with wheat for the journey there. I've sent numerous messages to that account asking who told them to do so, as they are obviously involved with whoever broke into my account.

Anyway, a warning too all, make sure you use well encrypted passwords.

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Have you messaged the MH? Do you have a sitter?

It usually isn't a hacker, but someone carelessly giving their password to a friend, and that somehow getting into the wrong hands

You sure that didn't happen?

Yeah my sitter messaged the MH last night, but by then the damage was already done. I have messaged him this morning with a few more details, I'm hoping the multihunter will be able to check the IP's of who accessed the account at the time so at least I can find out who it is that ruined my account.

This is my 4th speed server now, and I think it's going to be my last

mikey606

Quote Originally Posted by DeLaPensioner View Post
    Yeah my sitter messaged the MH last night, but by then the damage was already done. I have messaged him this morning with a few more details, I'm hoping the multihunter will be able to check the IP's of who accessed the account at the time so at least I can find out who it is that ruined my account.

Don;t have sitters or get a better password
    VERY EASY!!!

You sure it wasn't your sitter who did it? Obviously if it was a normal attack, its unlikley to be them.

Quote Originally Posted by luckies View Post
    It usually isn't a hacker, but someone carelessly giving their password to a friend, and that somehow getting into the wrong hands

You sure that didn't happen?
    I don't spend money and a fairly large chunk of my time on a game, just to give my password out and cry about problems that occur from doing so.

So yes, I am very sure that didn't happen. All the attacks were sent as raids which would point in the direction of the sitter being hacked as opposed to my account. Now I know you will all turn around and say that my sitter is responsible, but my sitter is a friend and 100% trusted.

And you will say it is my sitter, but that does not explain the other people this has happened to this week, and the fact all the armies have been sent to the same place...

I don't spend money and a fairly large chunk of my time on a game, just to give my password out and cry about problems that occur from doing so.

So yes, I am very sure that didn't happen. All the attacks were sent as raids which would point in the direction of the sitter being hacked as opposed to my account. Now I know you will all turn around and say that my sitter is responsible, but my sitter is a friend and 100% trusted.
    The majority of spys are sitters who people think are 100% trusted, but actually feed info back to their alliance. Your probably in the same alliance, but im just pointing out that people you might think are 100% trust worthy, aren't always.

Does your sitter have a dual?

somone did that to mine but luckily i only had 10 scouts in mine

Quote Originally Posted by gmtom View Post
    somone did that to mine but luckily i only had 10 scouts in mine
    This is where you find a few more incomming attacks

Mike.
    My Six Hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Lol ryano failed epically! :d

yep, and now i have a voluntary 4th suicide coming!! yahoo!

i have a feeling its TSN alliance behind it all.. started with them, and they are having internal problems. Seems like the hacked accounts are stemming from thier players, and then for some reason my account is the one everyone attacks

The Travian elite hacked my speakers

I think its most likely somebody offering to be a sitter then being reckless, or somebody who has been trusted with other peoples PWs abusing it, likely to be somebody about to delete themselves anyway trying to go out with a bang

Still, think of your def points

One account from TSN has been 'hacked' more than once over the last week, and their troops have been suicided on you twice... unlikely someone in TSN would do that to their own member.

Is it legal for a spy sitter from another alliance to gain access and then suicide the owners troops??

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Is it legal for a spy sitter from another alliance to gain access and then suicide the owners troops??
    I would presume not, as the rules mention about looking after the account for its full benefit. But then again, the rules also state that the owner of the account is fully responsible. Oh well, I'm sure a MH or someone will clear up their position on it. (: Either way, morally it's definitely a big no no.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    For those who do not know, I have been booted from my own alliance over accusations of treason, which I vehemently deny. Nonetheless, it has happened......
    .....It's a coup d'état, plain and simple. You pulled it off, my full congratulations. Goebbels would be so proud of your propaganda skills - if he had had an A-level in Psychology, perhaps he would have been more successful. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeber View Post
    I would presume not, as the rules mention about looking after the account for its full benefit. But then again, the rules also state that the owner of the account is fully responsible. Oh well, I'm sure a MH or someone will clear up their position on it. (: Either way, morally it's definitely a big no no.
    Lol, morally wrong yes, entertaining: definately.
    Could an MH clear this up?

the account got hacked but the 2nd time i saw 1 attack maybe 2 of no more than 500 troops..

apart from the man who started this topic , the armies i took out this week were terrible.

That's not the point. It doesn't matter about how many troops were sent... Three accounts have been hacked, some more than once and other accounts have had their troops suicided on you because of sitters.

And I wouldn't say 'armies I took out this week'... more like 'armies that were conveniently suicided on me after their accounts were hacked'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast