Thread: Seantor Question

Default Senator Question

If I send my senator to a large village, should he be accompanied by troops?

Anyone know when S5 restarts?
    Last edited by Not Staff; 12 Apr 2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

I'd try clearing the village of troops first...

Server 5 will start roughly 1/2 weeks after it ends.

Attila the Bun

Are you seriously going to risk losing a senator? Send him with an army, after your cats have taken out the palace or residence

It really depends on how big the village is, as some medium level villages, say 500 population may still only have a small army; to make sure, I'd send over some scouts/pathfinders/equites legatis just to check out their troops and defense's. Either way, you should definitely send some troops with your senator just to make sure he's kept safe.

lol ok listen up, first:

1) scout him
    2)scout him agian 10 mins after
    3)send a army to attack him
    4)cata the ristance
    5)army to attack agian/same time scout if he has built it back up
    6)send the senator to take over him, takes about 3 attacks to take it over, ad keep on scouting him, senators cost loads
    looking for a dual partner... on any sever

also looking for a cool yoda sig xD

Never send a single troop on their own xD

What you should do is send a clearing wave with lots of troops & rams
    Time a wave to land 1 second after to have catapults in it to destroy the residence.
    1 second after that have a senator with about 50 troops.
    Of course, the more senators you have the easier it is to conquer. Using one senator can take forever as people can rebuild their residence, and get defence troops.

And to make it easier to time the waves, have 1 catapult go with each wave, so they move at the same speed (if they're coming from the same village)
    If they're coming from different villages then make sure you find out long each wave takes, and send the wave that takes longest first, then time the other waves accordingly.

It takes usually 5 senator waves as long as they don't rebuild residence. Ff you're VERY lucky, 4.

Also if they have more than 1 village nearby scout all of them at the same time to make sure they don't have any troops to reinforce the chifed village

send cata's to take rezzy down incase it was resotored and about 2000 troops or less depending on whether or not you cleared the village out

Teuton MemberTeuton Member rune strider2's Avatar

If they havn't got more than one village you can't take it over...
    Watch my video HERE!

I made that lol cat pic myself!

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep;
    I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion - Alexander The Great.

Junior Teuton Member Wurstkuchen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Staff View Post
    If I send my senator to a large village, should he be accompanied by troops?

Anyone know when S5 restarts?
    Send them in waves (one second apart) after a clearing wave..And always send a few troops with him.

^^Thanks for the sig Saffy

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Muffin Dude View Post
    Never send a single troop on their own xD

What you should do is send a clearing wave with lots of troops & rams
    Time a wave to land 1 second after to have catapults in it to destroy the residence.
    1 second after that have a senator with about 50 troops.
    Of course, the more senators you have the easier it is to conquer. Using one senator can take forever as people can rebuild their residence, and get defence troops.

And to make it easier to time the waves, have 1 catapult go with each wave, so they move at the same speed (if they're coming from the same village)
    If they're coming from different villages then make sure you find out long each wave takes, and send the wave that takes longest first, then time the other waves accordingly.

It takes usually 5 senator waves as long as they don't rebuild residence. Ff you're VERY lucky, 4.

Good advice otherwise. (Send at least 5 in each other one) First ALWAYS scout. Then I send 3 waves of troops.
    Waves:
    First: Clearing wave. Made from attack troops (calculate that it will kill ALL troops in the village) and catapults to take down residence (if rallypoint is level 20 destroy barraks.)
    Second: More catapults to make sure they don't get troops (stable)
    Third: Cheif/ Senator with about 100 attack troops. Along with 5 cata's to keep them the same speed.

Thats what I do..(Usually.)

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Good advice otherwise. (Send at least 5 in each other one) First ALWAYS scout. Then I send 3 waves of troops.
    Waves:
    First: Clearing wave. Made from attack troops (calculate that it will kill ALL troops in the village) and catapults to take down residence (if rallypoint is level 20 destroy barraks.)
    Second: More catapults to make sure they don't get troops (stable)
    Third: Cheif/ Senator with about 100 attack troops. Along with 5 cata's to keep them the same speed.

Thats what I do..(Usually.)

I don't do this any more tbh since my senators are used up in the first village, so it's easier, I time them to hit from different villages on the SAME second, there's a trick you can use to rebuild residence between catapult and senator waves otherwise.

Travian doesn't work in milliseconds, it works in the order things are sent to end that second, so if you send an attack to land at 13:00:01 from one village and after that click to send from another village landing on the same second, the first one to be clicked would arrive first.

And if reinforcements coincidentally returned that same second and were sent in before the attacks were sent, they'd arrive first.

The residence trick follows the same idea - figure out what the catapult wave is and build a residence level to complete the same second as that wave. The catapults will hit, and if the senators come the next second then they will be blocked as the residence would upgrade to level 1 instead of whatever level you ordered it to build as.

This trick can make a village last forever.

Oh, and I kinda assumed people would be smart enough to scout, but I really shouldn't with some people who play this game

& it's up to 7 waves for me - clearing, catapult, 5 senators for a one-hit conquer.
    Also means I don't have to take out the barracks or any other building

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Muffin Dude View Post
    I don't do this any more tbh since my senators are used up in the first village, so it's easier, I time them to hit from different villages on the SAME second, there's a trick you can use to rebuild residence between catapult and senator waves otherwise.

Travian doesn't work in milliseconds, it works in the order things are sent to end that second, so if you send an attack to land at 13:00:01 from one village and after that click to send from another village landing on the same second, the first one to be clicked would arrive first.

And if reinforcements coincidentally returned that same second and were sent in before the attacks were sent, they'd arrive first.

The residence trick follows the same idea - figure out what the catapult wave is and build a residence level to complete the same second as that wave. The catapults will hit, and if the senators come the next second then they will be blocked as the residence would upgrade to level 1 instead of whatever level you ordered it to build as.

This trick can make a village last forever.

Oh, and I kinda assumed people would be smart enough to scout, but I really shouldn't with some people who play this game

& it's up to 7 waves for me - clearing, catapult, 5 senators for a one-hit conquer.
    Also means I don't have to take out the barracks or any other building
    Everyone does things differently. It really depends how close you are to a village. How active you are.

Use both of our ides and you are sure to get the village...
    |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|