• Yes, they should make trebuchets faster

20 57.14%
  • NO, bad idea

15 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaul Change to make them better in 3.5 +

s3Cush

Default Gaul Change to make them better in 3.5 +

I think many people have been put of Gauls with the current changes in travian and its been hard to work out what to change to make them better but not too strong or a silly change

Talking to a young lady Eliz

the idea was as Gauls are the fast tribe to:

make their trebuchets faster by 1 field per hour (4 fields per hour instead of 3)

to balance this you could make them lose a little attack power so instead of 70 knock them down to 55 or 50 attack.

This I feel is a small change but works with the tribes game style and does not make them poorly balanced

comments please

I swear someone else suggested this.

/me Goes to have a look.

Interesting idea

but making the cata's weaker and faster isnt really improving things...

NeverSayDie
    "If We Live In The Hearts We Leave Behind We Will Never Die"

Wink combined trapper/deffence brewery 5% increace

Making the cat's weaker that's a big no from me and traps have there use but only in mid-end game as in the beginning there just a hugh waste of valuable res.

Mabe turn the trapper into a combined trapper +deff bonous building eg like the brewery but to even it out it only gives 0.25 deff increace per level with a max increace of 5% that would give you 2 reasons to build a trapper. Its just a thougth!
    Use My Link If Your Bored http://http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=ukx_7625
    and would like To Start a New Server!

WARNING! May Contain Nuts!

woqk

Default ABout the trapper

Well I am against that faster cata cause it will disbalance the game actaully. I think that the suggestion for trapper-change is much better and really interesting. I vote for it with two hands hehe

i winz the *****s
    Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member

no..

theres no problem with the gauls as they are just a load of people talking them down

Quote Originally Posted by s3Cush View Post
    Make their trebuchets faster by 1 field per hour (4 fields per hour instead of 3). To balance this you could make them lose a little attack power so instead of 70 knock them down to 55 or 50 attack.

This I feel is a small change but works with the tribes game style and does not make them poorly balanced
    A big yes from me, I like this idea a lot . I'd also suggest increasing ram speed to 5 to keep things in proportion. That fits in nicely with Gaul cheifs.

The attack power of a cata is a fairly unimportant number really, it just adds slightly to the attack power of any Gaul off army. It doesn't change a catapult's ability to take out buildings, and as such I'd leave the attack power alone.

To be honest, I'd wait a year before making my mind up on any changes like this though. We still haven't many complete T3.5 servers, so its hard to accurately judge how big the imbalance is etc. We need to see how things pan out, and how many Gaul players are making Gaul off work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrighty116 View Post
    I swear someone else suggested this.

/me Goes to have a look.
    Yeah, it has - I don't think its got its own thread before though. There was a fairly lengthy discussion in this thread about gauls in T3.5. The idea got chucked about a bit there, amongst other things.

Teuton MemberTeuton Member blood.canvas's Avatar

I think this is a bad idea.

Gauls are supposed to be the defensive race. Having quicker troops allows them to be faster at responding to attacks and be able to travel further to defend or break waves. Having a fast marketplace allows them to cycle resources quicker. In both cases their speed offers a defensive advantage.

If you increased the speed of their catas, it offers Gauls an offensive advantage better than even Teutons. Like mentioned above, attack value really doesn't account for much when talking about catas.

We need to see how things pan out, and how many Gaul players are making Gaul off work well.
    Although they are few and far between... some of the best offensive players later in the game have been Gauls. There are plenty of skilled players who already become extremely powerful using Gauls offensively while still taking advantage of their defensive nature.

I like the idea of waiting a year to see how unbalanced things really are or are not. If something does need to be changed, I think making Gauls have faster siege weapons would only make the balance between three different tribes worse.
    [2:26:15 AM] Laura Lee: You gonna come ram down my walls
    [2:26:44 AM] Blood.Canvas: depends what they're wearing

You aren't realy giving gauls any adavntages now, if you've 'evened it out'
    UK 3 is the place to be!
    Travian? I don't remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrue2 View Post
    PHWOARRR, GET IN THERE MY SON, GIVE HER ONE FROM ME.

k?

i winz the *****s

waiting a year would probably turn out pointless anyway as we'll most likely have T4 by then

Quote Originally Posted by blood.canvas View Post
    If you increased the speed of their catas, it offers Gauls an offensive advantage better than even Teutons.

Although they are few and far between... some of the best offensive players later in the game have been Gauls.
    Key word in bold. This whole thing mainly came up in response to the T3.5 updates, where Gauls lost a fair bit of ground on attack power relative to the other 2 tribes. [imo] Now if you want to play offensively, you are at a significant disadvantage if you pick gaul, in a way that a defensive roman or teut is not. [/imo]

The point of this idea is to throw the gauls a bone when attacking, without just increasing their attack stats and making them the same as the other 2 tribes. This way you get variety between the 3 tribes, which would add interest, while hopefully keeping things balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon115 View Post
    waiting a year would probably turn out pointless anyway as we'll most likely have T4 by then
    So they can stick it in T4 then

s3Cush

For all of you who say cata attack power shouldn't be drooped, explain your selves please..

at present they are much stronger than tuets and only 5 attack of romans if you gave them speed which would work well with their style then a little power of would be fair to teuts only maybe 5-15 attack off still stronger than tuets but the speed would be smart for them

Ignore dragon LOL he dont know what hes talking about

Funky Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by blood.canvas View Post
    I think this is a bad idea.

Gauls are supposed to be the defensive race.
    Is that your interpretation of Gauls? defensive?

LOL i been using Gauls as offensive and done extremely well with them also please explain if they are defensive why their trebuchets are nearly 50% stronger than teutons?

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Farmer View Post
    why their trebuchets are nearly 50% stronger than teutons?
    Quote Originally Posted by s3Cush View Post
    For all of you who say cata attack power shouldn't be drooped, explain your selves please..

[blah]
    Gladly.

Just to be clear, all race's catapults are equally good at knocking things down. It takes 53 L0 Catapults, fire catapults or trebuchets to kill a L20 building, regardless of race. As such the attack stat of catapults is not particularly important, it only makes up a pretty small amount of a hammer's attack power.

The speed of them is extremely significant though as its the limiting factor on attack speed and travel time.

Funky Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by jez2 View Post
    Gladly.

Just to be clear, all race's catapults are equally good at knocking things down. It takes 53 L0 Catapults, fire catapults or trebuchets to kill a L20 building, regardless of race. As such the attack stat of catapults is not particularly important, it only makes up a pretty small amount of a hammer's attack power.

The speed of them is extremely significant though as its the limiting factor on attack speed and travel time.
    LOL I know this but your not against the idea!!

the fact is people who have no clue just put NO dont lower attack power..

But as you stated it dont make a huge difference until WW armies but by changing speed which is a big difference and suits Gauls it wouldn't hurt to knock their attack down so only just above teuts

Gaul MemberGaul Member

Quote Originally Posted by jez2 View Post
    A big yes from me, I like this idea a lot . I'd also suggest increasing ram speed to 5 to keep things in proportion. That fits in nicely with Gaul cheifs.
    Now this i like alot, fits in with there style very well, (also chief fakes less obvious )

LOL I know this but your not against the idea!!

the fact is people who have no clue just put NO dont lower attack power..

But as you stated it dont make a huge difference until WW armies but by changing speed which is a big difference and suits Gauls it wouldn't hurt to knock their attack down so only just above teuts
    umm not too sure what your getting at here, although gual attack per unit is higher, your army attack power is mainly limited by build times, as teuts build quicker they, ofcourse have an higher attack power, and with 3.5's reduced training times stronger still....

I've always stressed out that since Gauls are a defensive tribe, they should have a building to increase defense like what the teuts have to increase attack.

A bit of commen sense in 3.5:
    Romans - Devasting in every department now, a little faster at early game but will dominate if given time.

Teuts - They have become true beserkers now, will be a nuisance all day long, and will be dreaded alot more with a max brewery.

Gauls - A serious controversial failcake for the 'improved' trappers, but they will be deafently be avoided in early game which is a real bonus if some don't know. They aren't that great at defending, the phalanx have below so-so ratings, druids make me not drink my sorrows away.
    Just keep the faith in those TTs.
    T3.5 sucks.

Funky Farmer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KeezieX View Post
    I've always stressed out that since Gauls are a defensive tribe, they should have a building to increase defense like what the teuts have to increase attack.

A bit of commen sense in 3.5:
    Romans - Devasting in every department now, a little faster at early game but will dominate if given time.

Teuts - They have become true beserkers now, will be a nuisance all day long, and will be dreaded a lot more with a max brewery.

Gauls - A serious controversial failcake for the 'improved' trappers, but they will be deafently be avoided in early game which is a real bonus if some don't know. They aren't that great at defending, the phalanx have below so-so ratings, druids make me not drink my sorrows away.
    Just keep the faith in those TTs.
    go play a server or two and learn the game

Romans were only good for simming ww armies and preat factories before the change they now have some life in them, you can raid ok with legs not great but ok and get eis out if your offensive

The tueton brewery is not a big deal and only really makes a difference very late game with big armies and has downsides like not being able to crop lock and target structures when in use

and who declared Gauls defensive.. YOU?
    plx are possibly the best single troop as early game if used correctly they can raid ok and they offer good balanced defense at a good cost

Druids have a purpose and that is fast defence albeit could probably do with being a fraction cheaper but their is NO WAY gauls are defence tribe especially when it comes to team work and preats and spears are best defence you can ask for

i feel the merchants on tuets and Gauls could be upped a bit maybe 50% on the trade office but that's another idea but back to the original post its rather clear that gauls are the fast tribe so aligning their siege with that works!

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Elzebub's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeezieX View Post
    I've always stressed out that since Gauls are a defensive tribe
    Gauls are NOT just defensive, saying that just negated anything else you had to say imo. To brush off swords/haeds is a very stupid mistake.
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

i winz the *****s

i feel the merchants on tuets and Gauls could be upped a bit maybe 50% on the trade office but that's another idea but back to the original post its rather clear that gauls are the fast tribe so aligning their siege with that works!
    you want gaul merchants to carry more?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast