Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 294

Thread: Something that makes me happy is...

  1. #101
    Jarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Skegness
    Posts
    954

    Default

    awww yey another panda

    another thing that makes me happy is when your down, your mates care and perk you up like someone here did last night
    "Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take."

  2. #102
    Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wibbleshire
    Posts
    4,718

    Default

    I was out feeding* the ducks at lunch the other week, suddenly the heavens opened and it tipped it down.

    As soon as the rain started a little family of ducklings dashed over to a puddle in the car park (about the size of a dinner plate) and bobbed around their mother
    I think this was their first swimming lesson


    *please don't feed them white bread, get some bird seed - otherwise let them get on with it, they have plenty of food anyway and don't need us

  3. #103
    Tullia
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I was out feeding* the ducks at lunch the other week, suddenly the heavens opened and it tipped it down.

    As soon as the rain started a little family of ducklings dashed over to a puddle in the car park (about the size of a dinner plate) and bobbed around their mother
    I think this was their first swimming lesson


    AWWWWWWWW!

    That made me smile so much just imagining it! Little bundles of fluff!

  4. #104
    He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Finding new music.

    The feeling you get when you discover a new band, is truly wonderful.

    I recently found The Temper Trap, and have fallen in love with them

  5. #105
    SausageofDoom
    Guest

    Default

    My dog now looks me directly in the eye, taken a long time to win her complete and utter trust after her very nasty start to life.

  6. #106

    Default

    Something that always makes me happy.

    When i was out in Iraq we had 30mins of phone time a week. oviously i used to call my family but the thing that made me smile the most was calling up my god children. the eldest was 5 and just hearing his random childish mutterings on the phone always made me break out in a big grin. id dint matter what had been happening or how bad a day you had had, talking to family when you are out there always made you smile (and some times cry)

  7. #107
    ~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The coldest place in Wales
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    Let's keep the Middle Eastern theme running shall we? Touching story Hudson.

    When I was in Kuwait with my family second time over, a fight broke out between two ex-American army personel and two local guys who took offence at their general existence. These two army boys, stand up and actually managed to talk them round to their point of view, no violence, no swearing, nothing, just good common sense. And the two Kuwaiti boys just ended up looking sheepish and apologising. A couple hours later we see them stumble out of the Mogul Mahal (best resteraunt ever) together eating popadoms. Makes me smile.
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.


  8. #108
    Active MemberActive MemberActive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Sorry to ruin the middle eastern theme...

    This is the song that always makes me happy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5pY-_e8znE

    Although it aint the happiest of songs, it is the one that always reminds me of the woman who quite literally kept me alive when I was dying. The woman who is my be all and end all. The one who I trust and depend on above all. The woman I love and give thanks every day that she is in my life.

  9. #109

    Default

    Reading this thread makes me smile. Seeing that people still value things in their life makes me happy.

  10. #110
    i winz the *****s
    Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member
    dragon115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Posts
    5,856

    Default

    I just had one of the happiest moments of my life.... sitting on the wall at hammerhus looking over the water with a girl that i adore just talking to her normally for a change, it was one of those moments you just think is perfect...


    now thinking about it makes me sad though because ill probably never see her again.... and she didnt like me alot of the time because i get nervous and weird when theres other people around :\


  11. #111
    Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragon115 View Post
    now thinking about it makes me sad though because ill probably never see her again.... and she didnt like me alot of the time because i get nervous and weird when theres other people around :\
    I'd say Join the club, but I'm still in the process of founding it.


    Something that makes me smile:
    I dont know why, but when I woke up this morning with my jeans and t-shirt still on, I couldnt help but Chuckle.
    AND
    Making other people laugh/smile makes me smile
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

  12. #112
    Tullia
    Guest

    Default

    this thread

    http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...707#post868707

    it's a lovely example of when the social side of travian goes right

  13. #113
    New Poster F.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Knowing that there may be hundreds of drama llamas, bad, mean, argumentative people out there - all it takes is one nice, helpful person to put a smile on your face and completely cancel out the hundreds of bad, nasty people.

    I love people that can help me out, make me smile, and be genuine with me. As those are the people that give me hope, hope that humanity isn't all bad and greedy and that one person can make such a difference in somebody.

  14. #114
    Tullia
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    Knowing that there may be hundreds of drama llamas, bad, mean, argumentative people out there - all it takes is one nice, helpful person to put a smile on your face and completely cancel out the hundreds of bad, nasty people.

    I love people that can help me out, make me smile, and be genuine with me. As those are the people that give me hope, hope that humanity isn't all bad and greedy and that one person can make such a difference in somebody.
    As first posts go, not bad

  15. #115

    Default

    Staying up late with no plans for the next day. Waking up to an alarm and going back to sleep. Remembering catches of a dream that stay with you throughout the day. Floating through the day like a wisp of cloud, or as if still part of that same dream. Making a good decision. Getting to know someone, then realising that you've gotten to know yourself a bit better. A surprise gift. Coming home from a holiday. Receiving a letter addressed to you that isn't in a brown envelope or with a little window you can see the address through. Finishing a poem and knowing it's good. Satisfaction. When you go for a walk, and keep going instead of taking the short route back. Butterflies. Seeing a sunrise. Motivational speeches. Crying at movies. That warm, fluttering feeling in your chest of suppressed elation. Just talking.


    I am tired...
    Allons-y!

  16. #116

    Default

    Something that really makes me happy is going for walks around my village at night.

    The cold really refreshes me, and I love the chance to be completely alone, just chill out and think.
    I try to do it at least once a week and it's something I always look forward to.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    I'm a musician/Writer/Poet, literally everybody wants to get with this. Y'know what I'm sayin' dog?

    'sup.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    I'm a musician/Writer/Poet, literally everybody wants to get with this. Y'know what I'm sayin' dog?


  17. #117
    ~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The coldest place in Wales
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    I can't wait to see one or two old school friends at the weekend. We put the 'Botch' into 'Debauchery'.

    Ahem.

    If anyone's gonna be in Reading/Berks this weekend, come and say hey, I'll show you a good time Tilifika style.

    Or 'Tifflika' as one newcomer called me earlier
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.


  18. #118
    Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wibbleshire
    Posts
    4,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    Knowing that there may be hundreds of drama llamas, bad, mean, argumentative people out there
    was excited there, I rushed off to check on twitter.com

    drama_llama - Username has already been taken

    dramallama - Username has already been taken


    also hottotrot


    I thought I'd found the ideal twitter name there... darn name campers...

    ---

    happy things - looking at clouds on the trip home and seeing various animals in the fluffy clouds
    ...fluffy clouds in general make me happy, I never got to see them when I used to work in an office

  19. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Ryano View Post
    Staying up late with no plans for the next day. Waking up to an alarm and going back to sleep. Remembering catches of a dream that stay with you throughout the day. Floating through the day like a wisp of cloud, or as if still part of that same dream. Making a good decision. Getting to know someone, then realising that you've gotten to know yourself a bit better. A surprise gift. Coming home from a holiday. Receiving a letter addressed to you that isn't in a brown envelope or with a little window you can see the address through. Finishing a poem and knowing it's good. Satisfaction. When you go for a walk, and keep going instead of taking the short route back. Butterflies. Seeing a sunrise. Motivational speeches. Crying at movies. That warm, fluttering feeling in your chest of suppressed elation. Just talking.
    That post made me smile.

  20. #120
    Tullia
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    That post made me smile.
    I agree.

    Somethings that make me happy:

    Strange Skype chats at 3am with friends, where you can say anything and know they'll love you anyway.
    Unexpected, yet pleasant, discoveries of something in common with someone.
    A gentle kiss.
    The first cup of tea of the day, hot and fragrant, sipped in peace and quiet in the conservatory before anyone else wakes up.
    The shiver of anticipation at the thought of talking to someone again soon.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •