Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that makes me happy is...

awww yey another panda

another thing that makes me happy is when your down, your mates care and perk you up like someone here did last night
    "Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take."

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I was out feeding* the ducks at lunch the other week, suddenly the heavens opened and it tipped it down.

As soon as the rain started a little family of ducklings dashed over to a puddle in the car park (about the size of a dinner plate) and bobbed around their mother
    I think this was their first swimming lesson

*please don't feed them white bread, get some bird seed - otherwise let them get on with it, they have plenty of food anyway and don't need us

Tullia

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I was out feeding* the ducks at lunch the other week, suddenly the heavens opened and it tipped it down.

As soon as the rain started a little family of ducklings dashed over to a puddle in the car park (about the size of a dinner plate) and bobbed around their mother
    I think this was their first swimming lesson

AWWWWWWWW!

That made me smile so much just imagining it! Little bundles of fluff!

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Finding new music.

The feeling you get when you discover a new band, is truly wonderful.

I recently found The Temper Trap, and have fallen in love with them

SausageofDoom

My dog now looks me directly in the eye, taken a long time to win her complete and utter trust after her very nasty start to life.

Something that always makes me happy.

When i was out in Iraq we had 30mins of phone time a week. oviously i used to call my family but the thing that made me smile the most was calling up my god children. the eldest was 5 and just hearing his random childish mutterings on the phone always made me break out in a big grin. id dint matter what had been happening or how bad a day you had had, talking to family when you are out there always made you smile (and some times cry)

~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar

Let's keep the Middle Eastern theme running shall we? Touching story Hudson.

When I was in Kuwait with my family second time over, a fight broke out between two ex-American army personel and two local guys who took offence at their general existence. These two army boys, stand up and actually managed to talk them round to their point of view, no violence, no swearing, nothing, just good common sense. And the two Kuwaiti boys just ended up looking sheepish and apologising. A couple hours later we see them stumble out of the Mogul Mahal (best resteraunt ever) together eating popadoms. Makes me smile.
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Sorry to ruin the middle eastern theme...

This is the song that always makes me happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5pY-_e8znE

Although it aint the happiest of songs, it is the one that always reminds me of the woman who quite literally kept me alive when I was dying. The woman who is my be all and end all. The one who I trust and depend on above all. The woman I love and give thanks every day that she is in my life.

Reading this thread makes me smile. Seeing that people still value things in their life makes me happy.

i winz the *****s
    Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member

I just had one of the happiest moments of my life.... sitting on the wall at hammerhus looking over the water with a girl that i adore just talking to her normally for a change, it was one of those moments you just think is perfect...

now thinking about it makes me sad though because ill probably never see her again.... and she didnt like me alot of the time because i get nervous and weird when theres other people around :\

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon115 View Post
    now thinking about it makes me sad though because ill probably never see her again.... and she didnt like me alot of the time because i get nervous and weird when theres other people around :\
    I'd say Join the club, but I'm still in the process of founding it.

Something that makes me smile:
    I dont know why, but when I woke up this morning with my jeans and t-shirt still on, I couldnt help but Chuckle.
    AND
    Making other people laugh/smile makes me smile
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

Tullia

this thread

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...707#post868707

it's a lovely example of when the social side of travian goes right

Knowing that there may be hundreds of drama llamas, bad, mean, argumentative people out there - all it takes is one nice, helpful person to put a smile on your face and completely cancel out the hundreds of bad, nasty people.

I love people that can help me out, make me smile, and be genuine with me. As those are the people that give me hope, hope that humanity isn't all bad and greedy and that one person can make such a difference in somebody.

Tullia

Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    Knowing that there may be hundreds of drama llamas, bad, mean, argumentative people out there - all it takes is one nice, helpful person to put a smile on your face and completely cancel out the hundreds of bad, nasty people.

I love people that can help me out, make me smile, and be genuine with me. As those are the people that give me hope, hope that humanity isn't all bad and greedy and that one person can make such a difference in somebody.
    As first posts go, not bad

Staying up late with no plans for the next day. Waking up to an alarm and going back to sleep. Remembering catches of a dream that stay with you throughout the day. Floating through the day like a wisp of cloud, or as if still part of that same dream. Making a good decision. Getting to know someone, then realising that you've gotten to know yourself a bit better. A surprise gift. Coming home from a holiday. Receiving a letter addressed to you that isn't in a brown envelope or with a little window you can see the address through. Finishing a poem and knowing it's good. Satisfaction. When you go for a walk, and keep going instead of taking the short route back. Butterflies. Seeing a sunrise. Motivational speeches. Crying at movies. That warm, fluttering feeling in your chest of suppressed elation. Just talking.

I am tired...
    Allons-y!

Something that really makes me happy is going for walks around my village at night.

The cold really refreshes me, and I love the chance to be completely alone, just chill out and think.
    I try to do it at least once a week and it's something I always look forward to.

I'm a musician/Writer/Poet, literally everybody wants to get with this. Y'know what I'm sayin' dog?

'sup.

I'm a musician/Writer/Poet, literally everybody wants to get with this. Y'know what I'm sayin' dog?

~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar

I can't wait to see one or two old school friends at the weekend. We put the 'Botch' into 'Debauchery'.

Ahem.

If anyone's gonna be in Reading/Berks this weekend, come and say hey, I'll show you a good time Tilifika style.

Or 'Tifflika' as one newcomer called me earlier
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    Knowing that there may be hundreds of drama llamas, bad, mean, argumentative people out there
    was excited there, I rushed off to check on twitter.com

drama_llama - Username has already been taken

dramallama - Username has already been taken

also hottotrot

I thought I'd found the ideal twitter name there... darn name campers...

---

happy things - looking at clouds on the trip home and seeing various animals in the fluffy clouds
    ...fluffy clouds in general make me happy, I never got to see them when I used to work in an office

Quote Originally Posted by El Ryano View Post
    Staying up late with no plans for the next day. Waking up to an alarm and going back to sleep. Remembering catches of a dream that stay with you throughout the day. Floating through the day like a wisp of cloud, or as if still part of that same dream. Making a good decision. Getting to know someone, then realising that you've gotten to know yourself a bit better. A surprise gift. Coming home from a holiday. Receiving a letter addressed to you that isn't in a brown envelope or with a little window you can see the address through. Finishing a poem and knowing it's good. Satisfaction. When you go for a walk, and keep going instead of taking the short route back. Butterflies. Seeing a sunrise. Motivational speeches. Crying at movies. That warm, fluttering feeling in your chest of suppressed elation. Just talking.
    That post made me smile.

Tullia

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    That post made me smile.
    I agree.

Somethings that make me happy:

Strange Skype chats at 3am with friends, where you can say anything and know they'll love you anyway.
    Unexpected, yet pleasant, discoveries of something in common with someone.
    A gentle kiss.
    The first cup of tea of the day, hot and fragrant, sipped in peace and quiet in the conservatory before anyone else wakes up.
    The shiver of anticipation at the thought of talking to someone again soon.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast