Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that makes me happy is...

I suppose seeing other people happy makes me happy. Even if I'm down in the dumps, just seeing someone laughing usually just cheers me up a bit.

And seeing a little brown xboxgame sized parcel from play.com sitting on my mat makes me smile. /sad

The Red Rem Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member elmoga's Avatar

attacking someone on travian with catapults make me feel tonnes better

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member DanielJ97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tullia View Post
    We have a few threads going at the minute that seemed to be dedicated to things that annoyed us - mostly the Room 101 thread. It's great to have a way to vent, I agree - but I thought it would be a nice balance to have somewhere to share things that make us smile, whether real things (like cheesecake) or silly things that have happened to us, or favorite songs... just... a thread for niceness?

Something that makes me happy is...

I get the same train home from work almost every night, and I've got to recognise a lot of my fellow passengers who all also get the same train almost every night. There's one guy who I see a lot. We're at the very British stage of not actually talking, but nodding and half smiling to indicate we spend an hour or so a day in fairly close proximity and we do recognise each other.

OK, nothing too exciting about that, so far.

But... whenever he is on the same train as me, he is met at the station by (I assume) wife/partner and daughter. Every time. The wife/gf/whatever is nothing special, very girl-next-doorish, pretty in a non-spectacular way, but she looks so nice I want to talk to her. The little girl - well, omg how gorgeous is she? She's just toddling, but the mum doesn't usually let her try (train platform = not best place, I guess). She has the most amazing cherubic golden curls, and round face, and the sweetest smile. She is dressed in a variety of things, usually quite cute girly little frocks in pinks or purples, but the other day she was in little pink denim dungarees Epic cuteness! She doesn't do much talking, but the other day she was saying "spade. spade. spade. spade." I have no idea why, it was a little random.

The thing is, I look forward to seeing her, and her family. She's adorable all on her own, but I also love the way that the two of them meet him every night, take the time to walk up the hill to the station. He gets off the train and goes straight for them, every night, with a huge smile on his face to see them, he picks the little girl up, kisses his wife, and clearly just could not be happier. He seems crazy about his wife and kid, and it makes me smile to see them together. I don't know them from Adam, have never spoken to them and probably never will. But I walk home with a smile on my face and feeling a little bit less tired every night that I see them. Seeing people like that makes me happy

So what random things in your day make you happy?
    Seeing your new avatars! No longer sad panda. But happy panda! :tullia:

~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar

Tuls, the 3am threeway we had last night on Skype was most entertaining (Cricket Pavillion=Win) Apologies, my net died a thousand deaths...

'Happy Panda' made me smile.

Having a bit of a crazy moment of 'Sod it, I'll do it and deal with the circumstances later' has also made me smile.
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.

Tullia

Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Tuls, the 3am threeway we had last night on Skype was most entertaining (Cricket Pavillion=Win) Apologies, my net died a thousand deaths...

'Happy Panda' made me smile.

Having a bit of a crazy moment of 'Sod it, I'll do it and deal with the circumstances later' has also made me smile.
    Cricket Pavillion = win, OK.
    BUT...
    6 > 4, however.

I r think we'll have to declare a draw at the moment, until Ryan comes up with another criteria to judge on?

/me pokes Ryan to think of something.

I WILL WIN.

[on topic]winning makes me happy[off topic]

Being inside, and hearing the roar of thunder, seeing the flash of lightning, and hearing the patter of heavy rain on the roof

Also listening to good music with a cat curled up on me.

All of which is happening to me right now
    'If you can't walk, you crawl, and if you can't do that, you get someone to carry you'

Forum Rules
    | My dA Gallery

~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar

This right here?

Makes me inexplicably happy
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.

I like stuff to !
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I can be such a cow sometimes

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar

Spending all day with a certain girl
    Best day I've had for a while, my jaw hurts from smiling.
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
    Being inside, and hearing the roar of thunder, seeing the flash of lightning, and hearing the patter of heavy rain on the roof
    being outside, hearing the rumble of thunder, being a few hundred yards from a lightning strike, feeling the nails of rain on my head

farms are great, but when you have to get out of your nice warm car to open and close gates again and again and again, you tend to get a little damp in the process.

under the wet mop of hair was a happy face though

Tullia

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Xz4xQD99L3RNG0

I am officially a happy panda now.

That's key to promoting a healthy panda population because too much inbreeding can lead to birth defects that would further threaten the survival of the species.
    Norfolk is heading down a dangerous path.

~epitome of grumpiness~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Lucidity's Avatar
    In a sea of melancholy, surrounded by sharks of malcontent.

Pulling out my acoustic and playing this.
    edited by admin due violation of the rules

Ex Moderator, Multihunter and Whistleblower

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    Norfolk is heading down a dangerous path.
    :| :| :| : | : |: |: |:|:|:|:|:|:

Tonight, Radio Noein :-)

~epitome of grumpiness~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Lucidity's Avatar
    In a sea of melancholy, surrounded by sharks of malcontent.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Tonight, Radio Noein :-)
    It is sounding good tonight.
    edited by admin due violation of the rules

Ex Moderator, Multihunter and Whistleblower

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    It is sounding good tonight.
    Even the Justin Timberlake phil will probably denying having on his PC....

But we're not allowed to advertise :-) but feel free to pm if people want music ;-)

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

the art of the one liner

the unexpected thrust tastes like cherries,
    and the deleted kill smells like petrol

it's a shame forums don't run on ink

certain groups of people that are just so darned funny

West Side Story (The Internet version)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1913584&fullscreen=1" width="640" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="true"/><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1913584&fullscreen=1"/><embed src="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1913584&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><div style="padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:640px;">See more <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos">funny videos</a> and <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures">funny pictures</a> at <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/">CollegeHumor</a>.</div>

SpeedRunner

Coming out of a ban always makes me happy

Listening to feel good songs when its raining in the evening.

Talking to her.

Watching my football team win a game. Sounds petty but when you're a QPR fan

Like carrothead, seeing people smile and laugh makes me happy.

Watching Finding Nemo

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast