Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that makes me happy is...

Tullia

Smile Something that makes me happy is...

We have a few threads going at the minute that seemed to be dedicated to things that annoyed us - mostly the Room 101 thread. It's great to have a way to vent, I agree - but I thought it would be a nice balance to have somewhere to share things that make us smile, whether real things (like cheesecake) or silly things that have happened to us, or favorite songs... just... a thread for niceness?

Something that makes me happy is...

I get the same train home from work almost every night, and I've got to recognise a lot of my fellow passengers who all also get the same train almost every night. There's one guy who I see a lot. We're at the very British stage of not actually talking, but nodding and half smiling to indicate we spend an hour or so a day in fairly close proximity and we do recognise each other.

OK, nothing too exciting about that, so far.

But... whenever he is on the same train as me, he is met at the station by (I assume) wife/partner and daughter. Every time. The wife/gf/whatever is nothing special, very girl-next-doorish, pretty in a non-spectacular way, but she looks so nice I want to talk to her. The little girl - well, omg how gorgeous is she? She's just toddling, but the mum doesn't usually let her try (train platform = not best place, I guess). She has the most amazing cherubic golden curls, and round face, and the sweetest smile. She is dressed in a variety of things, usually quite cute girly little frocks in pinks or purples, but the other day she was in little pink denim dungarees Epic cuteness! She doesn't do much talking, but the other day she was saying "spade. spade. spade. spade." I have no idea why, it was a little random.

The thing is, I look forward to seeing her, and her family. She's adorable all on her own, but I also love the way that the two of them meet him every night, take the time to walk up the hill to the station. He gets off the train and goes straight for them, every night, with a huge smile on his face to see them, he picks the little girl up, kisses his wife, and clearly just could not be happier. He seems crazy about his wife and kid, and it makes me smile to see them together. I don't know them from Adam, have never spoken to them and probably never will. But I walk home with a smile on my face and feeling a little bit less tired every night that I see them. Seeing people like that makes me happy

So what random things in your day make you happy?

walking home from work and seeing the 'pretty flower house' as we call it makes me happy

You truly are a big large soppy socks :p

For me standing in front of and operating, a large sound system during production rehearsals or sound check when you know you've nailed it rings my bell.
    Showtime is equally fun, especially if the crowd is having a good time too, but can be disturbed by the punter who thinks he knows it all asking you what 'x' piece of gear does, mostly when you're grappling with an errant feed from somewhere.

As for your experiences, I feel a 'Brief Encounter' moment here.
    Every thought of screenplay writing?

Women add zest to the unlicensed hours.

New to Travian?
    http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk4_26581
    Free gold and helpful game-play advice for all that sign up.
    A no txt spk or gangsta patois zone. Innit dude.

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar

Hmm...

Soppy:

Theres a cafe in the park up the road, and its very, very easy to get on the roof of it. Me and a few friends often go up there and just lay down and stare at clouds. No-one says a word but its pretty fun

Not-So-Soppy:
    Crysis Warhead (its a game)
    Sneaking up on people and blowing their heads of point blank with a shotgun just gives me a fuzzy feeling.
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

i dont really remember the last time i was truly happy...

edit: actually, its probably just being with my friends. we dont have 2 be doing anything but its just nice sitting together laughing (:

being able to see my dog that my oh so lovely ex decided to keep ... and being able to take him for longs walks in the fields out the back of my house and playing with, rolling about wrestling each other...i miss him
    "When the rich wage war...its the poor who die"

Sign up to travian using this link....http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk2_22499 ...quick and easy!!

well somthing that truly lightens my heart is when my mate or even someone i dont know has been upset, and through talk and help i finnaly get to see a smile through thier sadness. it makes me feel so good when i know ive made a emotional differnce like that.

and also when the sun is out and bright, its warming rays the open blue sky and the light cool breeze. nothing can compare to how good it feels to just stand and absorb the days good vibe.

well those are my main things i look forward to

thankies Df for the brill sig

What makes me happy is summer holidays, Also like walking up to my school during summer and seing the school gates closed during summer holidays. and that is what puts a smile on my face...

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar

Crawling into bed after a long, tiring day. No better feeling.
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

happiness reli is in the eye of the beholder i guess......and cazzah ur post reminded me of another thing that makes me happy. late night roof hopping

Tullia

Something that makes me happy....

This song.

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

sat above my mates garage, listening to music playing on his ps3/wii, just having a laugh.
    its a great way to wind down from a stressful college week.

i don't like the feeling of waking up the day after however.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by audiowriter View Post
    You truly are a big large soppy socks :p

For me standing in front of and operating, a large sound system during production rehearsals or sound check when you know you've nailed it rings my bell.
    Showtime is equally fun, especially if the crowd is having a good time too, but can be disturbed by the punter who thinks he knows it all asking you what 'x' piece of gear does, mostly when you're grappling with an errant feed from somewhere.

As for your experiences, I feel a 'Brief Encounter' moment here.
    Every thought of screenplay writing?

are you a sound engineer i take it? you worked with any cool bands?

Chatting at night to my female friends and getting lots of huggs and hwoo same as you mate, seeing you have made a difference by helping someone in need.
    "Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take."

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

For me, it is talking to a few special people. Just speaking to them, about anything, makes me happier

Also, this song

Waking up to those special texts. Not as good as waking up with them, but still makes me just glow.

~epitome of grumpiness~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Lucidity's Avatar
    In a sea of melancholy, surrounded by sharks of malcontent.

Sitting down, reading a good book with a glass of wine listening to some tunes.

This song also makes me smile.

Ps. Jarre - Male friends can give hugs too
    edited by admin due violation of the rules

Ex Moderator, Multihunter and Whistleblower

Senior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul Member major biscuit's Avatar

having a shower while drunk, single best feeling ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
    If I'm a Hammer would I really want to sacrifice my shiny polished banana by putting crayons on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw 89 View Post
    If im skipping with a superman costume on and i hit you on the head with a hammer, would i really need to worry about having spikes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz5H3iVjAlw

this song is amazing - makes me so happy and cry at the same time. kind of an odd combination but anyway (:

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast