Thread: Fairly specific question regarding expansion slots

Default Fairly specific questions regarding expansion slots

Consider the following:
    A player has 5 villages. The 1st settled the 2nd using a resi lv 10, the 2nd settled the 3rd using a resi lv 10, the 3rd then settled the 4th AND the 5th using a palace lv 10 and 15.

The player then demolishes the palace completely and builds a resi lv 10 in his 4th village. He has, in total, 3 expansion slots, one from his 1st village resi, one from his 2nd village resi, and one from his 4th village resi, has expanded 4 times, and hence has no free expansion slots in total; the CP overview screen would show something like:

Total blah - 0 4/3

However, the expansion slot in his 4th village has not been used; the CP overview would show something like:

4 xx - 0 0/1

So, will he still be able to train settlers and expand from this 4th village (and hence go to 5/3 in total) or will the game force him to get his total expansion slots thing to 4/5 before allowing the settle?

Thanks
    Dan

-------------------------------------------

And a separate conundrum for those of you who are feeling bright today!

If a player has two expansion slots in two different villages, with settlers ready, but the CP for only one settle, what would happen if he did the following:

-Sent the first set on a long long long distance settle (say 48 hours) so that they can't be recalled, but so that the settle doesn't take place and the CP don't show as used.
    -Sent the other set to settle very short range, so there is now not enough CP for the first settlers to found a village.
    -Threw enough parties to reach the threshold for ANOTHER village, BEFORE the first settlers reached their target tile.

Would the game panic and cancel the first set of settlers mid-journey? If so, what happens to them?
    Would the game prevent the second set being sent?
    Would the game not care as long as the CP are in place for when the long-distance set arrive?
    Would the game do something else entirely that I haven't thought of?

Thanks again
    Dan

MemberMember

should let him settle as it would probably still keep the expansion slots you have already used instead of getting rid of them, remember though this is just what i think so i wouldn't trust it that much if i were you

Gaul MemberGaul Member Waterwolfmon's Avatar

I dont have a clue what you are on about, but for the sake of seeming intelligent...

Hm... I think if you re-routed the villages expansion to the banana the elephant would settle the peanut butter jelly time.
    Under your clothes
    You are NAKED

As a small child once said, "The government sent you to teach us about atheism? Good luck mate, Im off to lick that tree."

The band was, sha waddy waddy.
    Everybody loves a joker. So start loving me, girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwolfmon View Post
    I dont have a clue what you are on about, but for the sake of seeming intelligent...

Hm... I think if you re-routed the villages expansion to the banana the elephant would settle the peanut butter jelly time.
    Sorry, is there some way I could make my OP clearer? I did try my best =(

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar

So, SO helpful.

If I understand right, you should be able to train settlers in the 4th village, as you havnt used an of that villages expansion slots yet
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzah View Post
    So, SO helpful.

If I understand right, you should be able to train settlers in the 4th village, as you havnt used an of that villages expansion slots yet
    Even though the total used exceeds the total available?

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Cazzah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Meta Knight View Post
    Even though the total used exceeds the total available?
    Im not too sure tbh.
    try it and see
    Fancy A New Start AND Some Gold? Click Here
    Or, If You Dont Like That One, Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    Hey hey hey! You know bloomin' well that the only thing Virgin about me is the poncy M&S olive oil in the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzah View Post
    Im not too sure tbh.
    try it and see
    I was hoping somebody could tell me and save me the risk of failure XD =P

Gaul MemberGaul Member Waterwolfmon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Meta Knight View Post
    Sorry, is there some way I could make my OP clearer? I did try my best =(
    No, it was clear.

Im just not very bright.
    Under your clothes
    You are NAKED

As a small child once said, "The government sent you to teach us about atheism? Good luck mate, Im off to lick that tree."

The band was, sha waddy waddy.
    Everybody loves a joker. So start loving me, girls!

yep, he could still settle or chief from his 4th village. Expansion slots are village specific, its purely the culture points that arent

I dont know about the 2 lots of settlers to be honest, though I have kinda wondered myself, would like to know
    I need help, not ridicule!

No, it was clear.

Im just not very bright.
    Oh, fair enough then. I'll go and try your suggestion now =P

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    yep, he could still settle or chief from his 4th village. Expansion slots are village specific, its purely the culture points that arent

I dont know about the 2 lots of settlers to be honest, though I have kinda wondered myself, would like to know
    Thanks, and I'll let you know if I carry out the said scenario =P

To your 1st question - He will have to either upgrade a Residence to level 20 or build another residence to lvl 10

^ but thats only if i understood your question correctly which i think i did

to your 2nd question - i think the game wouldnt allow another village to be settled until he had the right number of CP's

Quote Originally Posted by daboy View Post
    To your 1st question - He will have to either upgrade a Residence to level 20 or build another residence to lvl 10

^ but thats only if i understood your question correctly which i think i did

to your 2nd question - i think the game wouldnt allow another village to be settled until he had the right number of CP's
    To your first point, by what logic? He already has a free expansion slot from his 4th, the total is the issue. Upgrading a single resi to 20, or a new one to 10, would not change that as he'd still only be even on the total (4/4); I think you may have misunderstood the question slightly (my bad wording, sorry).

As for the second point, have you any reason why? It never updates the required culture points thing until the village has actually been founded (I'm not actually questioning your answer as I have no idea, just curious as to what your reasoning is).

maybe i didnt understand it then i tried and failed

and to be honest i dont really have a reason just thought that the programmers of the game would of thought of that but maybe not

and in your original post u never mentioned a residence/palace in his fourth village

Quote Originally Posted by daboy View Post
    and in your original post u never mentioned a residence/palace in his fourth village
    Yes I did, paragraph 2

regarding the first question -

I'm pretty sure the game would allow you to do this. I think it would work on along the same lines as upgrading the amour in the armory and then destroying the building, or joining an alliance and removing the embassy.

Travian does seem to like the idea of deleting building and keeping the gain so i see no reason why this would be any different with villages.

However, is it actually economical, to build up a more expensive palace to 20 and then destroy it to have it built somewhere else. Wouldn't it just be easier to build level 10 residences everywhere instead? All though it seems possible, it doesn't seem like an intelligent choice to make.

I have no idea regarding the second question and have no experience of trying to settle multiple villages at the same time. Again, however, you are wasting resources by leaving settlers in your villages (as you could be recieveing resources from your newly built fields) along with inviting attacks from everyone who realized you have settlers in your village. So I'm gonig for the simple, obvious and boring answer of, it doesn't make sense, so why would you do it.

It's all quite simple really.
    Palaces and Residences are training centres, like Academies, Blacksmiths and Armouries.
    A palace allows growth at 10/15 and 20.
    A residence allows growth at 10 and 20.
    You are allowed one palace.
    You can have many residences.
    So say you rip down your lvl 20 Palace, you can then build a lvl10 residence (quite why you would want to do this is beyond me). Which would give you another slot. Then another at 15-et al.
    Then you could rip that down and build a lvl10 palace.
    The buildings themselves don't have memories. They are not sentient beings.
    I'm not helping am I.
    Women add zest to the unlicensed hours.

New to Travian?
    http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk4_26581
    Free gold and helpful game-play advice for all that sign up.
    A no txt spk or gangsta patois zone. Innit dude.

Quote Originally Posted by G Bear View Post
    regarding the first question -

I'm pretty sure the game would allow you to do this. I think it would work on along the same lines as upgrading the amour in the armory and then destroying the building, or joining an alliance and removing the embassy.

Travian does seem to like the idea of deleting building and keeping the gain so i see no reason why this would be any different with villages.

However, is it actually economical, to build up a more expensive palace to 20 and then destroy it to have it built somewhere else. Wouldn't it just be easier to build level 10 residences everywhere instead? All though it seems possible, it doesn't seem like an intelligent choice to make.

I have no idea regarding the second question and have no experience of trying to settle multiple villages at the same time. Again, however, you are wasting resources by leaving settlers in your villages (as you could be recieveing resources from your newly built fields) along with inviting attacks from everyone who realized you have settlers in your village. So I'm gonig for the simple, obvious and boring answer of, it doesn't make sense, so why would you do it.
    Palace 0 to 15 is cheaper than resi 0 to 20, so if you want to get two or three villages with no used expansion slots (for multi-chiefs) byt getting two settles out of earlier villages then it's worth it.

As for the 2nd scenario, if you need to make a 48 hour settle, and constantly have parties going, it's worhwhile because it means you're not waiting for the 48 hour settle to pop up; you get your new village instantly from the short settle, and then once your CP are ready for the next, the long journey should just be ending. It's a rare scenario I know, and not one I would specifically want to put myself in, but if you find yourself in that situation, then waiting two days for a long settle when you could be getting a new village up is a terrible waste of time.

Sorry to bump but I have now found that it is possible to settle in both scenarios, because I did both at once. If anyone wants a crack at yet another scenario, what would happen if you sent off lots of sets of settlers but didn't bother making sure the CP was in place when they all arrive? I'd guess the obvious thing is for the game to cancel the settle and have the settlers sent home, but has anybody tried it?