Thread: Relaxed Teuton Start

Channing Tatum<3 Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Touched's Avatar

Default Relaxed Teuton Start

Introduction

I am a teuton player, I hardly ever play any other tribe. I started of as a Roman, but after a few days of teuton raiding, I never went back. I may play the odd server as Gaul/Roman, but I am not too experienced with them, and would always employ a Teuton style. Therefore, this guide is aimed at teutons, if you decide to follow it for other tribes, fine, but I wouldn't advise it.

Also this is for a less active player, or someone who just wants a fun server. For a #1 start, then this isn't the guide for you. Maybe soon I will post one up, but for the forseeable future I will not be. If you play 4/8 hours today this is worth a try, any less, it may be a bit tricky, and any more, you need to be following a different strategy.

This guide is also meant for the first week of the server, anything after you can raid from the word go. Also, this is meant for a *slow* server.

Day 1-3

In the first few days, yourself and everyone around you will be in BP. Therefore you can fail two different paths, for a non gold user you should get 1/2 of each field to 1, then go for the barracks. This should take about 1 and a 1/2 days. After this just maces, usually about 15/20 can be achieved. A gold user should follow the quests, and follow economy, once you have your marketplace, NPC everything down into maces. You can get alot more maces this way, but it costs quite a bit of gold. I would always immediatly go for barracks/maces. But I am always told you shouldn't do this, as maces eat wheat, you could be using for something else. I ignore them, and both times using this method I have got #1 raider in week 1. Decide for yourself.

Day 4-7

Hopefully you should have 15+ maces by the time you come out of BP. You should start raiding immediatly. Try to avoid gauls on the first day, as long as anybody over 9 pop for the first few hours. Once you have about 50 mace together check out some of the higher pop people in your 7x7, be prepared for rats though. Always raid in 5, unless you are expecting troops, then anything from 8-10 maces in one raid. As you won't be on 24/7, you must start to prepare for the odd raid on your village. Once you can (25-50 maces) build a cranny, try to get it to level 10. This will just result in all raids gaining a 0|0|0|0 bounty. A sign you are raiding/active. If you will be going away for anything more than 1 hour, send your troops out raiding. If you are going away for 10 hours, find a target 5 hours away, so by the time they get back you have just logged on*.

By day 6/7 you should have nearing 100 maces, you can then begin on fields. I wouldn't bother too much building any buildings yet, maybe level up your barracks to 10. Get a decent production going, and finish the quests. Really it is then your decision on how many mace you want. A semi-active player could benefit from 250/300 mace. Someone not on much who just wants to raid his 7x7 maybe just 100. This is really to do with your area and how active you are.

Two buildings which could become handy are a embassy and a residence. The embassy gives a decent CP intake and the option to join an alliance (handy for help). The residence for a natural defence and the abiltity to see your CP count. Handy when used with a wall.

*Otherwise known as night raiding.

Week 2

In the beginning of week two, you should reach your mace target, remember it is important to maintain this, it never hurts to have slightly more . Once you hit your mace target, you can begin to 'sim' slightly - fields and important buildings - try and level your MB to reduce building times, marketplace so you can trade more, handy for dodging attacks etc.. Academy, Blacksmith, warehouse and granary. You should be raiding whenever you are online, and keeping your 7x7 under control. You should begin to venture into your 13x13, and work out your teuton threats. If you have a considerable sized teuton near you, it may be worth investing in palas (also use these are your hero - fastest troop) Get together about 25, and you are easily in control. If you find the fellow teuton a serious threat, it is time to attack him before he can grow much more. Try nights or early morning, any mace will just be wiped by your palas. You should find a considerable difference after, with one less teuton raiding, more resources for you. By the end of week two you should have marked out *your* 13x13 and got together a decent and steady troop count.

Week 3 + Onwards

You should be the only 'big' teuton in your area now, you can relax a bit. If you want to, you can begin on village 2. Build your residence to level 1, check how many culture points you have. Then you will most likely need to party. For a town hall Academy to 10 and MB to 10, then of course begin partying! Make sure you keep a healthy mace count, and some defence. (50 spears 25 paladins should fend off all but the best players) Really once you are going for village two you are set up. Work on getting your fields to a decent level, and then play like any other tribe. Really no guide can tell you want to do from this point, just point you in the right direction, your own style will kick in.

Notes

Bear in mind this is a relaxed teuton, if this gets enough response, i'll post how I would play a server for the first few weeks. I have used a similar tactic on a .com server. By week 3 I was ranked around 50, and had a healthy 750 mace. I wasn't playing 20 hours a day, just 4. I am not saying this is a miracle guide to get you in to the top 20 without effort. Raiding is 5% skill 95% effort, and if you don't put in the effort, you don't get the rewards.

I hope you enjoy, and it does overtime help you out.

Sorry about the green man at the top, just made it look slightly prettier :p

Think I should write one ?

Channing Tatum<3 Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Touched's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoville View Post
    Think I should write one ?
    A serious one, tbh, yeah :p

Hmm sounds good, Tommorow is when I'll write it, because I cba now.

Stealing my relaxed player idea surely I should get some credit!!!!!!! lol joking man nice guide

Defender of the Faith

T this is very nice but I would offer two suggestions the first is to build an Embassy asap (perhaps after you've built 20 Mace?) It's cheap and you'll start earning CP. The second would be to build The Residence (just level one) either in the 4-7 day period or at the latest beginning of week 2 (before you build the other stuff you mention) this has the benefit (again) of earning CP, but as importantly provides innate defense and will take a toll on anyone raiding, further enhanced if you chose to build a wall.

I'm sure you're more experienced than me but this seems to make sense. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Defender of the Faith View Post
    T this is very nice but I would offer two suggestions the first is to build an Embassy asap (perhaps after you've built 20 Mace?) It's cheap and you'll start earning CP. The second would be to build The Residence (just level one) either in the 4-7 day period or at the latest beginning of week 2 (before you build the other stuff you mention) this has the benefit (again) of earning CP, but as importantly provides innate defense and will take a toll on anyone raiding, further enhanced if you chose to build a wall.

I'm sure you're more experienced than me but this seems to make sense. What do you think?
    I myself would always do that, but it is one of those things that people do anyway, but thanks, i'll edit it in.

great guide Touched but slight problem most servers i am roman/gauls
    but server 3 i am doing quite well for teuton but kinda already got 10 villages and over 19K+ troops but i would recommend it to anyone who playes teuton

Quote Originally Posted by slicky View Post
    great guide Touched but slight problem most servers i am roman/gauls
    but server 3 i am doing quite well for teuton but kinda already got 10 villages and over 19K+ troops but i would recommend it to anyone who playes teuton
    Raid in like 250's then, and just clear out everything surrounding you :p

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member DanielJ97's Avatar

▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
    Good guide
    ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

wish i could compliment on this but i want to try it out 1st so ill try tommorow cause server 4 is starting tommorow so i will try it then i already have my account registerd i gotta go to school which is kinda annoying cause wanna be top attacker and raider in week 1 by attacking oasis if there is any but if there isnt i can always do the speed cause playing it at the minute

As soon as UKX restarts, im going to be constantly checking this guide, hopefully this time round, I can become a decent player.

TheNinjaTramp

Shweeeet guide.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member C.G.'s Avatar

Why pick teuts if you want a relaxed start?
    C.G. and the Ocarina of Spam(Featuring The Master Shedbuilder Sheddy "Shed" McShed).

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    moderators please do something about this person

Teuton MemberTeuton Member

Why not? Teutons are playable for defenders/beginners/low activity players, just as much as the other tribes. The myth about Teutons only being good for experienced, aggressive and very active players is just that, a myth.
    The Ultimate Teuton

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Absolutely, seen some great Teut deffers (spear and pallies are a really effective mix), and some fantastically attacking Gauls. I understand why some players always play the same tribe, and always play the same way, but I think it limits your understanding of the game. Try something new, you might have even more fun.

Master Blaster

This is where you are totally wrong. Anyone "can" play tuet in that yes you are right, but if you aint on the ball your the easiest to turn into a farm also. I always target any local teuts early game. Too many tuets think its easy to build a few hundred mace early on and can clear the area . Every server with out fail i will have these early mace heavy tuets surrounding and and after a brief little battle they become farms of mine. The trouble with tuets that start by amassing loads of mace is your only one walkhome from having nothing left !

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

A Teut deffer can quickly build spear and a little wall big enough to deter a few raids, and with autododge or long walks can wait to mush up your mace. It's usually a shock to find def in a teut spawn. Relaxed does not mean inept or lazy. I agree that many teut players overestimate the shock and awe of their clubbies, and it's always nice to follow them home, but that can be true if you're a busy raider as well. That's why you often see experienced Teut players asking for deffers on their profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    This is where you are totally wrong. Anyone "can" play tuet in that yes you are right, but if you aint on the ball your the easiest to turn into a farm also. I always target any local teuts early game. Too many tuets think its easy to build a few hundred mace early on and can clear the area . Every server with out fail i will have these early mace heavy tuets surrounding and and after a brief little battle they become farms of mine. The trouble with tuets that start by amassing loads of mace is your only one walkhome from having nothing left !
    That's because it is easy :p My preference is to stop at around 300 mace in first village though (although it varies by server) - which seems about optimal for being one of the first to second village. Too many more than that, and you end up raiding just to feed. (And never send all 300 out at once so they can be followed home ). Once second village is done in around ten days, then invest in pallies in first village which is nice def/raiding combo.

Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    That's why you often see experienced Teut players asking for deffers on their profiles.
    Personally I find its the inexperienced teutons who run around like mad men at the start asking for defenders left right and center. Anyone half decent usually has defenders already and they will only take on new ones if there is someone who looks particularly skilful near them. For this reason, if there is anyone near me who is asking for defenders I purposely target them as 80% of the time they are in-experienced players.