Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Culture Points

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Crannys's Avatar

Default Culture Points

Culture Points

Section 1: What are Culture Points?
    Section 2: How do I see how many culture points I have/need?
    Section 3: Town Hall?
    Section 4: Long Term Suppliers of Culture Points

What are Culture Points?

Culture points are required for settling a new village. You can gain points by leveling up buildings and resource fields. You can also host partys in Town Halls more on that in Section 3.
    This is a link to the page which tells you what buildings give culture points and how many culture points are required to settle.
    The amount of points required to settle changes depending what server you are on. On Speed the amount of points required is less and on a "Classic Server" (Server 6 on .uk) it varies.

How do I see how many points I have/need?

To see how many culture points you have you MUST have a palace or a residence.
    or

Follow my instruction .

You will then be presented with a picture like this.

The key to the lines is in the bottom-left corner.

Town Hall?

A town hall is a building which requires a Level10 Academy and a Level 10 Main Building.

In the Town Hall you can host Small Tea Partys or Grand Balls. At level 1 a Small Tea Party take 24 hours to complete and gives you 500 culture points. At level 10 you are given the optition of hosting a Grand Ball. A Grand Ball gives you 2000 culture points but cost's more.
    Here are the cost's. It is to 2 decimal places.

Grand Ball's cost more than Small Tea Partys on a CP Ratio but take less time to generate the same amount of Culture Points.

The time taken for each party reduces for each level you have upgraded your hall. Here are the times per level for both type of parties.

Long Term Suppliers of Culture Points

Buildings which give good culture points are, Treasure Chamber which at Level 20 gives 230 points per day, next is the Town Hall and the Palace which both give 192 points per day and in 3rd place is the Academy and an Embassy which both generate 153 Culture Points.

To upgrade an Treasure Chamber (Produce's the most Culture Points/Day) from Level 0 to 20 cost's
    Wood: 1,115,675 Clay: 1,061,440 Iron: 999,460 Wheat: 383,505 which is ALOT so I would advise that you make an Embassy for CP. Which cost's Wood: 88955 Clay: 64250 Iron: 74135 Wheat: 39530 which is ALOT less. It does produce 80CP less per day but you can build more than one embassy for less. An added bonus is that your alliance would have a back-up embassy. It would take about 40 days for the Embassy to prove cheaper than hosting Grand Balls for the equivilant cost. Party's are, I would say for short term settling and are not the best Server-Long supplier of CP for cost.

First Guide!

Please let me know you views on this guide.

Summer Holidays. I was bored.

Picture's and Writing By Cranny's.

Senior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul Member major biscuit's Avatar

a very helpful guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
    If I'm a Hammer would I really want to sacrifice my shiny polished banana by putting crayons on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw 89 View Post
    If im skipping with a superman costume on and i hit you on the head with a hammer, would i really need to worry about having spikes?

a very good guide for culture points
    THE ULTIMATE RANDOM GUY

:tullia:

amazing guide with good pictures

Tullia

I'd like to see some analysis of the cost/benefit ratio of CP for each party type. Also comment on time taken and strategy which to go for.

An explanation that different servers have different CP requirements would be good.

While you link to the the page showing what each building earns, I think some mention of what to build to maximise CP (cost effectively) is worth it.

I suggested this as a subject for a guide a while ago; http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...521#post866223 - there's a list of things I think should be covered as part of it, if you need some inspiration

I think it's a good start but more fleshing out would make it more comprehensive. I like some of the illustrations such as the one showing how to see how many CP you have, but think the random ones of the buildings don't help much, and don't fit into the text well, stretching it too much.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Crannys's Avatar

The small picture's were to show COMPLETE noobs what they looked like. I had meant to say what building's were good for CP. Thanks for the Constructive Critism. I got this idea off your list.

Have tried to incorporate most of the Constructive Critism into the guide. Including your's Darkest.

Added Extra Section!

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Darkest's Avatar

Like what's better, upgrading an embassy to level 20, or throwing small/large parties? In the short term and long term?
    I'm a big, fat, hairy Spam-melon

Tulia can you change the Prefix to [Any Player]? I think that I went a bit to deep for a Complete Noob. Please? I'll buy a Panda Car from Fiat (I'm 13) . :tullia:

Tullia

done

Thanks. :tullia:

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

It's an excellent start, but still needs a bit more , I think.

Firstly, can you spread it out even more. Most of your pictures have lots of text in them and it's a little bit tricky to see where picture ends and your texts resumes.

Secondly, I think your analysis of CP buildings needs changed. For example, the TC provides 50% more CPs than an embassy (on lvl 20) but it costs more than 13x as much - I would prefer 13 embassies! You could also mention mixing up benefits ie a marketplace is quite good for CPs and is very important for moving res about. This is a very complicated field, but it would be amazing if you could manage it.

Finally, it would be good if you could mention any differences in strategy between speed and normal servers. In my very limited understanding, Parties are tripled in speed, whereas buildings aren't. This might make parties a much more viable option on speed than on a normal server.

Well done again for what you've done so far.

Additions:

If you have culture buildings and party then you get more culture than just doing one

Cranny has the highest CP/wheat consumption, therefore if you conquer a town with a cranny it's a good idea not to demolish it if you do not have to

Level 1 buildings make huge CP:cost, so in a new town throw up a lot of level 1 buildings to increase CP. At start of server this is good i.e. level 1 embassy, cranny, etc make good CP:cost

link to http://travian.kirilloid.ru/culture.php and explanation of how this works - red is bad, yellow is good for levels of buildings for culture

When throwing parties it is a good idea to have a level 4-5 town hall, slow server, or I think 10 for speed server (confirmation please). This means that when you throw a party it takes 20 hrs, and finishes around 4hrs before you wake up in the morning, ready for a new party when you wake up.

Large partymall party benefits - more small parties are better, though large parties increase chiefing power

Maybe tidy up the text a bit, the current syntax is a little bit stunted - I am probably not the person for this, but have noticed some of our mods are v good linguists...
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post
    Large partymall party benefits - more small parties are better, though large parties increase chiefing power
    I would disagree with this...more big parties are better, the res:CP isn't as good but the time:CP is much much better.

With a level ten Town Hall the time taken for 4 small parties takes a shade over 69 hours. A big party only takes 43. That means in the same time as four small parties you could have 1.6 big parties.

That clearly shows that the big party is more effective. 3200 CPs or 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Si14 View Post
    I would disagree with this...more big parties are better, the res:CP isn't as good but the time:CP is much much better.

With a level ten Town Hall the time taken for 4 small parties takes a shade over 69 hours. A big party only takes 43. That means in the same time as four small parties you could have 1.6 big parties.

That clearly shows that the big party is more effective. 3200 CPs or 2000?
    I totally agree if you have the resources. But in 45 towns 40 small parties is better than 10 large parties going and nothing in the other towns. It is up to the player to decide what is important:

culture/time

culture/resources

culture/(time x resources) is the likely scenario - a balanced game.

Realistically if you throw big parties in every feeder on a slow server you end up spending around 40% ish of the towns total resources on partying. If you throw small parties it is around 25%. So how much of your % res do you devote to partying, and how much goes into troop production? Of course at the very end of the game if you stop/decrease partying you can turn more resources into troops, but you have to stop partying at some point, and hope that you have a great culture base to keep going...

Raiding of course can supplement your income, but again, it's ultimately about how much CP you can get for minimum input. This means you have more res to spend on other things - armies, capital, new town development, defence, chiefs etc.

Just my two cents...
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed

• Grand balls - 38% more efficient than Small Tea Parties (time)
    • Small Tea Parties - 20% more efficient than Grand Balls (resources)

This is true for all levels of town hall above 10.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

I totally agree if you have the resources. But in 45 towns 40 small parties is better than 10 large parties going and nothing in the other towns. It is up to the player to decide what is important:
    Your example is flawed lol. If you have got 45 towns then res is not ever going to be a problem for you .

I have found that once I passed the 15 village mark, there or there abouts I can start running Grand balls, and combined with raiding I am pulling in enough res to have a Barracks, Great Barracks, Stable and Workshop running constantly. Equally, once I pass about the 20 village marker I can do the same with the Great Stables. The more CPs I get, the more villages I get which means the less I have to raid and the more Grandballs become worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Si14 View Post
    Your example is flawed lol. If you have got 45 towns then res is not ever going to be a problem for you .

I have found that once I passed the 15 village mark, there or there abouts I can start running Grand balls, and combined with raiding I am pulling in enough res to have a Barracks, Great Barracks, Stable and Workshop running constantly. Equally, once I pass about the 20 village marker I can do the same with the Great Stables. The more CPs I get, the more villages I get which means the less I have to raid and the more Grandballs become worth it.
    This is assuming you are running only one army...and don't have the academic artifact. I am not suggesting making a guide for only elite players, but a guide for 'any player' should cover all situations.

Additions:

Cranny has the highest CP/wheat consumption, therefore if you conquer a town with a cranny it's a good idea not to demolish it if you do not have to
    thatīs such a bad an advice.
    the limiting factor is space, not wheat consum

cmon, did you ever hear anyone building crannies for cp?

@to the guide. nice, but what about strategies?
    cogito ergo cata

I wanted to add to the party discussion.

More parties equals more villages, more villages equals more resources, more resources means more army...

I have (and have had) accounts where I have run 20 or more Grand Balls simultanously, and I currently have an account with 4 villages one of which runs Grand Balls 24x7.

It may have been beaten now, but in the previous UK6 round I set the UK record for most villages.

Quote Originally Posted by NosajDraw View Post
    I wanted to add to the party discussion.

More parties equals more villages, more villages equals more resources, more resources means more army...

I have (and have had) accounts where I have run 20 or more Grand Balls simultanously, and I currently have an account with 4 villages one of which runs Grand Balls 24x7.

It may have been beaten now, but in the previous UK6 round I set the UK record for most villages.
    theres no doubt that understanding that the first thing to do when settling a new village is main building level 10, academy lvl 10, town hall and then party is key to get lots of villages early on - and that this should be done BEFORE you go for ress fields. parties always get priority early in the game.

a much more interesting question would be: when should you stop, if at all, making new villages? perhaps someone can help with the math on that
    cogito ergo cata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast