Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest UKx Player Ever

Very few people have had much experience with many different leaders / players, so its pretty hard to judge who the best players are. My experience is pretty limited, Ive yet to see one of the more reknown leaders first hand, so I'm not to comment.
    I need help, not ridicule!

Quote Originally Posted by nosim View Post
    I think One Eyed Willy/3SOM are the best...

but with these sort of threads we always usually pick someone we have played with or been lead by so there very bias.

And his the best to

I agree with 3SOM/one-eyed willy. great players, raiders, attackers, defenders. they are the hole package, but this server they are 'taking it easy' as ally likes to say, not like anyone would think it as their 'fishy stink' account rocks

Quote Originally Posted by h h h View Post
    I remember thinking that Crash Bandicoot was a bit special when I was still a noob
    I'll try not to be offended by the fact that you added the noob clause.

For me, it's Scarlet and Catla, with a list of reasons long enough that it'd be a health hazard if I forced you all to sit and read them, so I'll spare you all that.

Senior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul Member smoggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Meta Knight View Post

For me, it's Scarlet and Catla, with a list of reasons long enough that it'd be a health hazard if I forced you all to sit and read them, so I'll spare you all that.
    I vote scarlet too, how bout we list her good points this way... i do half you do half, that way we will only be here for a couple of hours each :p
    Rawrz

Boxter, Fever

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Meta Knight View Post

That wasn't what I meant. lol

I just meant that he/you was/were the first person that I was really impressed with.

Although Scarlet has told me your new name MANY times, I'm just crap with names so can never remember. It was still meant as a compliment.
    Have you been warned about breaching rule 2.P.?

Jim (old) is gone. If we are posting it will be H (young).

Mandi Collins/apollo

There are many great players.. most of which I have fought in the past and therefore have GREAT respect for.

I might be a little bias in saying this:

but if I had to choose ONE, that knows everything about the game, that smells a spy miles away.. knows how to trap and defend, knows how to build a hammer, can move plans, and rebuild villages from scratch..
    One that has honour, even in defeat.
    Somebody that has good writing skills... great timing when sending chiefs and catapult waves
    That has lead VERY well and is an amazing motivator... and teacher....

it has to be Meg.... (Baby_faroukh)

xx

Feared by Chuck Norris Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member nosim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoObHeAd View Post
    it would have to be the guy that named himself 'vogul' (i think) from UKx4 (EDIT: not UKx2 or UKx3) because i have never seen someone dominate the raiders medals so much, especially on speed. i think he got at minimum, 13 no1 medals and theres about 18 a server to get. I also think he finished with the highest offpoints for that server. This might have been a single account (probably doubt it) but it was just before the time of every top 1000 account having a dual.
    Vogul joined parisii's wing so that I couldn't attack him... he chose to run instead of fighting... some great attacker lol the leaders kicked him because he repeatedly kept hitting those that supplied our WW and ignored the leaders each time they asked him to stop. Him and July then stabbed us in the back at the end and took villages from me and other parisii member and kept repeatedly hitting for resources and getting small amounts of kills while defence was being built, while all defence was in the WW.

Yep brave guy most of his off points come from killing his own alliances troops (parisii).

well said jamie

I will put a slightly different slant on this though.

For every player I have played with/against for a long while (and respect), there are far more whom I used to have respect for and who I know realise are just very average players who are very active.

I know evenryone has their own styles but many people are just rated highly because of their ability to consistantly have a decent/high POP rankings and to build a hammer. These players have built up good relationships within the game and as a result always find themselves in a dominant alliance, (not through their own hard work), where they are rarely if ever threatened and can just feast on the little guys. They use the decent alliance as an umbrella to just cover up tehir own short-comings.

It is my suggestion that many of these so called "top players" are actually nothing of the sort and are actually not much better in terms of Joe Average.

Would certainly be interesting to see soem of them go 1v1, (but it will never happen).
    Have you been warned about breaching rule 2.P.?

Jim (old) is gone. If we are posting it will be H (young).

Senior Roman MemberSenior Roman MemberSenior Roman Member Nickyide's Avatar

Mikle, leader of Hegemony. He is just the best leader I've ever had.
    Here are some signature tutorials: Click here,and here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacticus View Post
    what are you talking about? Travian's much more important than life

Quote Originally Posted by h h h View Post
    I will put a slightly different slant on this though.

For every player I have played with/against for a long while (and respect), there are far more whom I used to have respect for and who I know realise are just very average players who are very active.

I know evenryone has their own styles but many people are just rated highly because of their ability to consistantly have a decent/high POP rankings and to build a hammer. These players have built up good relationships within the game and as a result always find themselves in a dominant alliance, (not through their own hard work), where they are rarely if ever threatened and can just feast on the little guys. They use the decent alliance as an umbrella to just cover up tehir own short-comings.

It is my suggestion that many of these so called "top players" are actually nothing of the sort and are actually not much better in terms of Joe Average.

Would certainly be interesting to see soem of them go 1v1, (but it will never happen).
    Well, activity is probably the most important thing in this game, but reputation makes a difference too. Players in big alliances tend to have an easy ride without having to defend too much, but you could also argue they've got into that position by putting in the hard work. With a reputation of being agressive and dangerous, a lot of people will question whether they should hit you.
    I had a conversation with someone last server who was about to lose a village to a 30dom player. I suggested they simply get a chief ready and rechief it a couple mins after it was taken, but they replied that they didnt want to upset the attacker and didnt do so. How easy does that make it ?

And yeah, I agree it would be interesting to see what happens when the top players have 10+ hits incoming on every village, and dont have a whole alliance to back them up.

-_-

lol he should have rechiefed it worse scenairo theyd lose the village to cats anyway

Ki-Ree

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Well, activity is probably the most important thing in this game, but reputation makes a difference too. Players in big alliances tend to have an easy ride without having to defend too much, but you could also argue they've got into that position by putting in the hard work. With a reputation of being agressive and dangerous, a lot of people will question whether they should hit you.
    I had a conversation with someone last server who was about to lose a village to a 30dom player. I suggested they simply get a chief ready and rechief it a couple mins after it was taken, but they replied that they didnt want to upset the attacker and didnt do so. How easy does that make it ?

And yeah, I agree it would be interesting to see what happens when the top players have 10+ hits incoming on every village, and dont have a whole alliance to back them up.
    are they all from 1 player? if yes, then it's definitely nothing too complicated (considering everything is equal). if not, then this premise is a little ridiculous! you can't survive in this game without an alliance or friends who help out, not if you are a top ranked player, actively attacking and chiefing. well, maybe you can, but not if you are anywhere close to a decent alliance. (does anyone remember the account Kulturpoeng from server 2? if yes, then you know what I mean - Nemesis players, even tho they were much smaller than him, took him apart, slowly and with heavy losses, but they still took him apart.)

the reason i joined apollo-b was because i was attacked by Nemesis many times/day, i needed some protection and players to attack Nemesis with - i thought i could perhaps make it in the game alone (it was going to be my first round playing from the start to finish), but everything else pointed to me being wrong about that. I wasn't hit hard, raids and a few catapults i easily defended, but I knew things would get worse. apollo-b wasn't doing a very good job killing off Nemesis players, so me and gowf decided to create 30DOM. everything else is history (even the fact that I had around 100 incomings on each of my villages/day for around 2-3 weeks straight and was #1 offense/defense for most of the server. the only reason I survived was because of the guys and gals in 30DOM)

In short, you need the support of your alliance and you need to support your alliance. doesn't matter if you are considered good or not.

Tullia

You could even argue that their ability to find or create a great alliance and make plenty of loyal friends is one of the most important ways to judge a great player?

Quote Originally Posted by -_- View Post
    lol he should have rechiefed it worse scenairo theyd lose the village to cats anyway
    Of course he should, thats not the point, the point was he was 'afraid' to do so because he knew the reputation of the attacker. Not that I'm suggesting that 30dom have it easy, not at all, it was simply the only example I could think of quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Ki_Ree
    are they all from 1 player? if yes, then it's definitely nothing too complicated (considering everything is equal). if not, then this premise is a little ridiculous! you can't survive in this game without an alliance or friends who help out, not if you are a top ranked player, actively attacking and chiefing. well, maybe you can, but not if you are anywhere close to a decent alliance. (does anyone remember the account Kulturpoeng from server 2? if yes, then you know what I mean - Nemesis players, even tho they were much smaller than him, took him apart, slowly and with heavy losses, but they still took him apart.)
    Whether he survives or not isnt really the point I was making, HHH is saying that he believes some of the so-called top players are there simply because they never have to deal with such a situation, and if they did they would fall apart very quickly. The really good players are the ones that manage to deal with that kind of situation too

Quote Originally Posted by Tullia
    You could even argue that their ability to find or create a great alliance and make plenty of loyal friends is one of the most important ways to judge a great player?
    Agreed, I said that above ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzy
    Well, activity is probably the most important thing in this game, but reputation makes a difference too. Players in big alliances tend to have an easy ride without having to defend too much, but you could also argue they've got into that position by putting in the hard work.

Ki-Ree

Whether he survives or not isnt really the point I was making, HHH is saying that he believes some of the so-called top players are there simply because they never have to deal with such a situation, and if they did they would fall apart very quickly. The really good players are the ones that manage to deal with that kind of situation too
    ya, I guess there are a few players who don't deserve the credit they get. But I'm not going to bother finding out who - there are too many factors involved to make a fair assessment on who deserves respect and the quantity of respect that should be given. It's much easier (also, much more profitable in game as well) to avoid respecting players 'til proven wrong.

-_-

fizzy out of curiosity who were the players involved lol

Cant remember who the 30domer was now, it was near the centre of the map though, and Im not going to say who the person being chiefed was, though they werent in PWN

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast