Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give the rat a purpose

OMAK

Default Give the rat a purpose

There should be some purpose for our favorite furry critter...maybe a defensive bonus as long as you keep them alive..or possibly that the longer you keep them alive they multiply as rats tend to do adding to your defence(what is the def for the rat now anyway?)and there lack of mobility stinks as I ,like many feel a loss when he finally does get killed...but as it stands now is really no more than a pet:laika:

Well do agree in principle. Probably these days many boast having a rat being the sign of great defender. For mutiplication u need to actually ask for 2 rats
    Back to the Basics

i like that idea, i managed to keep my rat for most of a ukx round, but sadly it just disappeared before the natars arrived, im still scared by this

The rat is a pointless waste of time and should be replaced with a bunch of defensive troops.
    In my opinion anyway.
    I would quite hapily sell my rat for more resources at the start of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Waraich View Post
    Well do agree in principle. Probably these days many boast having a rat being the sign of great defender. For mutiplication u need to actually ask for 2 rats
    A extra rat would be a massive drain on resources at the start of the game. you'd lose an extra 24 wheat per day on top of the 24 that you already lose from your first rat.
    Stop looking at me!

I'm really selfconscious, ok?

firstly hi to mud,,

the rats are useless,, 2 mace and it's gone,,

i agree there should be a defensive bonus for each week it is kept alive. however this would also breed a defensive style of play which would not be good for the game.

What about a bonus for keeping it alive.. and a shiny medal for killing 50 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Waraich View Post
    For mutiplication u need to actually ask for 2 rats
    It could be a f-male rat and be pregnant lol , or like Lady Ga Ga bit of both :laika:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouranga View Post
    I'm a villan who steals everything they can

rats do have a bonus. they stop early gaul raiders with phalanx (well they're very annoying) and they give you 200 wheat when they starve to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradden View Post
    What about a bonus for keeping it alive.. and a shiny medal for killing 50 of them?
    haha just go raid an oasis to kill 50

well i just hate rates the questmaster ssays a HUGE army is coming to you and you get surprised WOW one rat it is suposed to be HUGE .. but its kinda cool to have a rat tho it lives 2 days before i get bored and ask someone to kill it (rofl)
    Speed servers are what i live for !
    Quote Originally Posted by forum staff
    must be joking ^^ grrr *sigh*

I like the rat the way he is, but maybe some official way to name him..
    So instead of rats being killed on the reports saying
    You have killed ***'s pet rat Wally
    'If you can't walk, you crawl, and if you can't do that, you get someone to carry you'

Forum Rules
    | My dA Gallery

I like the idea of either naming it or it having a purpose. Multiplying could be a bit costly at the start.

Clicky Clicky Clicky Clicky
    Desmond is the Travian Writer Champion!!!

On October the 3rd 2009, we, the members beat the MODS! on the Mods vs Members V.2 thread thanks to everyone who helped! On October the 17th 2009 at 11 o clock, we, the members beat the MODS! on the Mods vs Members V.2 thread thanks to everyone who helped!

I like the lil rat, he is nice to keep, i mean, think, at start game you dont really notice the drain they have on your rezz.
    There fun and nice to have as a pet!
    I burried mine at my oasis

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_4143

you may as well make someone happy, so please, use that link.
    Sheep Lovers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    And I know as little as you lot about this. Just because Im a moderator, doesnt mean I know anything *Dont quoute that.
    even better! Press [ctr] & [w] at the same time if your cool

Rathloriel

I had my rat for the entirely of last uk6 (OK, I started a few weeks late). He was called Nails.
    I even took a screenshot of his final few minutes to show the unbelievers!
    Now I dual Teuton I'm not allowed a rat & tbh I'm glad to be shot of the responsibility!
    They are pointless, unless you want to show off your def abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by OMAK View Post
    longer you keep them alive they multiply as rats tend to do adding to your defence.
    Just one question, How does a single rat multiply?
    O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It could be a f-male rat and be pregnant lol , or like Lady Ga Ga bit of both :laika:

lol .........
    Xbox Live GT:

x iJ 0 K 3 R x

The rats are just dumb to be honest, it simply accentuates the gap between Gauls and Teuts at the beginning, maybe vaguely funny the very first time, then you realise it's eating your wheat, and is going to make raiding with phalanx harder.

Only thing I would suggest for rats is poison
    I need help, not ridicule!

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    The rats are just dumb to be honest, it simply accentuates the gap between Gauls and Teuts at the beginning, maybe vaguely funny the very first time, then you realise it's eating your wheat, and is going to make raiding with phalanx harder.

Only thing I would suggest for rats is poison
    I know, the rat eats my wheat!

Less wheat = Less cranny building resources !
    O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon Assasin View Post
    Just one question, How does a single rat multiply?
    I reckon the rat got 'jiggy' just both she left the questmasters house

[mods remove if these isnt allowed!]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast