View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • G/D

    25 38.46%
  • Raggys

    9 13.85%
  • CaE

    14 21.54%
  • Other

    17 26.15%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Where has the rum gone?

  1. #1
    New Poster pippy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    78

    Default Where has the rum gone?/Who will win? :D

    Can I just ask, where was the last decent thread that actually didn't turn into a SPAM fest and got locked?

    Now that I got that rant off my chest,
    Who's going to win,
    G/D
    Rags
    CaE
    Other

    If you chose another, Post and why.

    Btw, I don't want you to take nasty jabs at each other, everyone is entitled to their own views.

    And, I love everyone that doesn't spam.
    And mods

    (I give it 6 posts until SPAM... If it gets that far).

    EDIT: The reason for the title is because it's the song I have in my head and because I'm wondering where the decent posts have gone

  2. #2
    New Poster pippy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Atm, G/D have 100%

    Get voting

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippy123 View Post
    Can I just ask, where was the last decent thread?
    Fixed


    Quote Originally Posted by pippy123 View Post
    Now that I got that rant off my chest,
    Who's going to win,
    G/D
    Rags
    CaE
    Other

    If you chose another, Post and why.
    Chuck Norris. He comes and roundhouse kicks everyone in the head.
    You know, you can get quotes to say anything...

  4. #4
    New Poster pippy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegid View Post
    Chuck Norris He comes and roundhouse kicks everyone in the head.
    Very good answer. I like.

    Also, Something to cheer everyone up. Lots of fights have been going on and I hope this will make you people happys

    Where is the rum gone?
    Note, Video lyrics are different. This is just the song title. I cannot be blamed for the misleading title.

    EDIT: How do you get hyperlinked text?
    I want to learn. Please help my little noobish comment

    EDIT x2: I am no longer dumb. I did it myself!

  5. #5
    Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Elzebub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Voted for G/D of course... threads like these are always a bit finicky as the majority of readers/posters are of one or the other biggies and will choose their own alliance (especially if the vote is public). But maybe some newcomers will pop up.
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

    House blawg.

  6. #6

    Default

    Who cares who wins




    Join us you know you wanna

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
    Who Dares wins

    Corrected, for you. oh and i voted G/D while i no longer play this servers i still follow whats going on

    and the rums gone cause i drank it all last night

    *Fluffy Snuggles*

  8. #8

    Exclamation If I might venture forth an opinion...

    I think CaE & Friends will win... for 3.142 reasons.

    1) we are "pathetic, but in a cute way".
    2) G/D & Rags will (fingers crossed) be too busy trying to prang each others WW to notice ours creeping up on the outside.
    3) The CaE operation "make everyone think we're pants"
    this has been running for about 72 hours now. So far we've lost 1 and-a-half hammers and botched a chiefing. An decent start, I'm sure you'll agree. Given earlier Rags attempts at defence, we were worried that this might not work and our poorly escorted catas and ram-less hammers would actually make it through to their targets and back again unscathed. However, Rags came through in the end (whew). (see Defenders of the week)
    G/D were much more reliable (if a tad smug about it) and were most obliging... torpedoing a chief attempt quite neatly. Cheers.

    3.142)
    Operation "Meta-like crazy at a ridiculously early point in the game" is also going according to plan.
    CaE and friends now number ~380 accounts, with a combined population of over 1.3Million.
    (Just imagine for a minute now many trade offices we could build... yeah.. not so smug now, are you?)

    Anyway - this is almost double G/D and over 3 times Rags/Raegs.
    By my reckoning that makes us almost twice as good as G/D and over 3 times better than Rags/Raegs.

    Reducto ad absurdum
    We win.

    Simplez

    You may as well all give up now. Or join the new mega elite pan-quad CaE alliance: Super CaE Assault Team.
    Coming to an embassy near you. :thumb:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Coll
    I promised myself I would not get involved on the .uk forums. Gah. Guess I lied to myself again. Curse you 2 Gauls!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Well, I voted other, since WWs are for people who actually care about building them... (noobs)

    WWs are booring, takes time and gives absolutly nothign except less sleep


    One million resources!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    2) G/D & Rags will (fingers crossed) be too busy trying to prang each others WW to notice ours creeping up on the outside.
    You mean to say G is going to attack our WW village? I didn't know we had one o' dems!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    So far we've lost 1 and-a-half hammers and botched a chiefing.
    Okay, so you're telling me that a single wing of an alliance has over 80,000 def points and you only lost ONE hammer? How is this?


    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    (Just imagine for a minute now many trade offices we could build... yeah.. not so smug now, are you?)
    Oh noes! You mean to say that you're going to take out your enemies with Trade Offices? And I thought death from pies was bad!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    Anyway - this is almost double G/D and over 3 times Rags/Raegs.
    By my reckoning that makes us almost twice as good as G/D and over 3 times better than Rags/Raegs.
    It's not the size that matters. It is how you use what you have
    You know, you can get quotes to say anything...

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegid View Post
    Okay, so you're telling me that a single wing of an alliance has over 80,000 def points and you only lost ONE hammer? How is this?
    Big hammer. Next question please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Coll
    I promised myself I would not get involved on the .uk forums. Gah. Guess I lied to myself again. Curse you 2 Gauls!!!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    ...(if a tad smug about it)...
    I think it was well justified based on the quality of the IGM exchange leading up to it. In no way was it a poke at CaE - I alerted everyone I figured needed to know to prevent what was about to happen, received no response, contacted the player involved and just got attitude. So we organised a bit of defence.

    Edit: merge ninja :tullia:

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    Anyway - this is almost double G/D and over 3 times Rags/Raegs.
    By my reckoning that makes us almost twice as good as G/D and over 3 times better than Rags/Raegs.
    I found some useful statistics also, regarding organisation:

    CaE forum:
    STATISTICS
    Total posts 106 • Total topics 72 • Total members 72

    Geoffles forum:
    Total posts 1921 • Total topics 446 • Total members 228

    Ragnarok forum:
    Total Forum Posts: 2,609 Total Members: 247

    Winning isn't always just about numbers. Communication is often cited as being useful.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

  13. #13

    Default

    I voted other. The Natars are gonna win

  14. #14
    5m4llP0X
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    I think CaE & Friends will win... for 3.142 reasons.

    1) we are "pathetic, but in a cute way".
    2) G/D & Rags will (fingers crossed) be too busy trying to prang each others WW to notice ours creeping up on the outside.
    3) The CaE operation "make everyone think we're pants"
    this has been running for about 72 hours now. So far we've lost 1 and-a-half hammers and botched a chiefing. An decent start, I'm sure you'll agree. Given earlier Rags attempts at defence, we were worried that this might not work and our poorly escorted catas and ram-less hammers would actually make it through to their targets and back again unscathed. However, Rags came through in the end (whew). (see Defenders of the week)
    G/D were much more reliable (if a tad smug about it) and were most obliging... torpedoing a chief attempt quite neatly. Cheers.

    3.142)
    Operation "Meta-like crazy at a ridiculously early point in the game" is also going according to plan.
    CaE and friends now number ~380 accounts, with a combined population of over 1.3Million.
    (Just imagine for a minute now many trade offices we could build... yeah.. not so smug now, are you?)

    Anyway - this is almost double G/D and over 3 times Rags/Raegs.
    By my reckoning that makes us almost twice as good as G/D and over 3 times better than Rags/Raegs.

    Reducto ad absurdum
    We win.

    Simplez

    You may as well all give up now. Or join the new mega elite pan-quad CaE alliance: Super CaE Assault Team.
    Coming to an embassy near you. :thumb:
    We'd go for the win IF:
    1) We wanted to hold a WW village.
    2) We cared about end game.
    3) We actually wanted to create a meta.
    4) Every member wasn't drunk 24/7. (Mhudson: I left bile in a bottle. I stole all the rum a few hours before you even came to the party.)
    Quote Originally Posted by robertmiller View Post
    I voted other. The Natars are gonna win
    HEEEEELL YEAH! Natars are so unappreciated. They deserve a win, once in a while!

  15. #15
    Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Elzebub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Gauls, 1 Cup View Post
    I think CaE & Friends will win... for 3.142 reasons.

    1) we are "pathetic, but in a cute way".
    2) G/D & Rags will (fingers crossed) be too busy trying to prang each others WW to notice ours creeping up on the outside.
    Last round no one paid attention to ACE and they snuck in a #2 WW. I doubt that would happen again
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

    House blawg.

  16. #16
    Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    6,351

    Default

    Everyone saw them, they just realised they werent worth hitting for ages. Then finally, someone had to do it, and they were knocked out of it by 4 armies :p

  17. #17

    Default

    CaE, Top Tip:

    1. Build a barracks in your WW.
    2. Take the express out of everyone for not understanding what the devil you are doing to your poor WW.

    T-lor did it, and no one took her seriously enough to waste armies! Only problem being, this round we have more armies to waste, and they're a lot bigger

    Edit:

    @2Guals1Cup: I really hope you're not actually involved in CaE leadership Although if you are, it would explain the hilarious name changes
    [21:20:04] Phil: if he bans you, burn his house down

  18. #18

    Default

    If the Rag guys/girls are actually not interested in building a WW then the obvious choice is G/D in my eyes (no points for stating the obvious i know).
    They seem most stable over time (thus far anyway), evidently well organised and generally up for winning. However the Cćnarök crew shouldn't be counted out at this (still early) stage, and i'm sure many will rise and fall in the coming months changing things as always happens later in the game.

    Ps;
    Has anyone done a decent allaince analysis recently like we had a few of at the start? If not is anyone willing to do a semi/fully serious one?
    Would be nice to see some ideas on how the other sectors are shaping/holding up other than the limited view I have of my own sector (have also been away a while and a lot has changed in that time).

  19. #19

    Default

    Are not the G/D folks planning to not take up any other allies if so will they not be outnumbered by CaE at endgame who will surely take on a few more alliances as deffers/feeders for the WW. It does appear to just be between them if the raggies are not getting involved. There will be no south west WW for sure.

  20. #20
    Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    6,351

    Default

    Id imagine G/D will be around what they are now in terms of numbers, and CaE will probably have added another 65 million people. But oh well, they might be the only ones to throw armies at

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •