Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Upgrade

Default Windows 7 Upgrade

I've just got the upgrade for windows 7 from vista, and I'm going to be doing an in-place install. Does anybody know if i'll lose files, installed programs etc?

You shouldnt lose anything.

but my advise is back it all up anyways.... better safe than sorry. I didnt lose any. but just in ase ia suppose
    interesting.....

Gaul MemberGaul Member camerona1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greased Up Death Guy View Post
    I've just got the upgrade for windows 7 from vista, and I'm going to be doing an in-place install. Does anybody know if i'll lose files, installed programs etc?
    Yeah, Id put it all on a pen drive or external memory source beforehand, just incase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taulphin View Post
    Talking to yourself? No surer way to get laid fast.

Ok.... upgrading to windows. lol
    from my point of view, whenever you get a new version of Windows, you DOWNgrade.
    better get mac mini with snow leopard. it's waaaaay safer.

and if u say you can't play games on macs, you are damn wrong, it's just PC propaganda.

I'm the PanDaddy! Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sidewinder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    from my point of view, whenever you get a new version of Windows, you DOWNgrade.
    Is there any need for such blatant fanboyism? For a start, why would you spend hundreds of pounds upgrading your computer when all you want is a new version of the OS?

Personally, I'm no windows fan but I'm still able to answer questions about it without being reduced to a dribbling wreck shouting 'LINUX LINUX LINUX!!!!!!one!!!!'

In answer to the original question: it *shouldn't* break/delete anything but, especially with computers, you are better safe than sorry so back it up

I didn't have anything to back my files up on, so i went and risked it. Now i have a fabulous looking Windows 7 (And no problems, yet )

And Macs are just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post

and if u say you can't play games on macs, you are damn wrong, it's just PC propaganda.
    It's attitudes like that that make Mac users look like cockey and arrogant.

Moderator Comment: Tullia
    Edited

I'm the PanDaddy! Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sidewinder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    It's attitudes like that that make Mac users look cockey and arrogant..
    When really they're cocky, arrogant nubs

<3 you Joshyyy

Moderator Comment: mhudson
    Quote edited

just get a mac.

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    It's attitudes like that that make Mac users look cockey and arrogant.
    Get out.
    Yeah, that's Josh's role :p

Moderator Comment: mhudson
    Quote Edited

Get Windows XP, works great, is stable and doesn't need any new hardware at all.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member VelvetThighs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NosajDraw View Post
    Get Windows XP, works great, is stable and doesn't need any new hardware at all.
    Or 7 which unless you have a 3-4+ year old PC will run well...

He asked if it will overwrite it too, not if you think another OS/machine is better... (Which incidently shouldn't but as said, I would have a backup anyway.)
    I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.

Won't have any new updates as soon as MS can cut it loose though. Which will be a pretty rubbish place to be security-wise

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Won't have any new updates as soon as MS can cut it loose though. Which will be a pretty rubbish place to be security-wise
    Microsoft are to produce security updates to Windows XP until April 2014, and will continue to issue other updates and offer mainstream support until at least Windows 7 SP1 is released, maybe as late as April 2011.

Plenty of life in the old girl yet and whilst Windows 7 is very pretty, I've not seen any killer features that make me want to upgrade.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member VelvetThighs's Avatar

Plenty of life in the old girl yet and whilst Windows 7 is very pretty, I've not seen any killer features that make me want to upgrade.
    *XP mode
    *Dx 10+

Enough for me
    I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.

In answer to the original question: it shouldn't break/delete anything but, especially with computers, you are better safe than sorry so back it up

All Mac owners i've ever met or seen have beards, wear wooly jumpers and smell of wee

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas VII View Post
    All Mac owners i've ever met or seen have beards, wear wooly jumpers and smell of wee
    You can't have only met Steve Jobs surely?

And of course, they all believe that owning a mac makes them a better person.

Quote Originally Posted by Greased Up Death Guy View Post
    And of course, they all believe that owning a mac makes them a better person.
    May I nominate myself as the exception that proves the rule?

I have no beard, I am not wearing a woolie jumper, and as far as I know, I don't smell of wee. As for whether I'm arrogant because I own a Mac... That's for others to decide I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast