Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desperate times

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher0212 View Post
    I have to confess that I am very confused as to all the fuss about Talia getting hung, drawn and quartered?

Whats the problem?
    She attacked people all server long, bulled her way through a few people, probably caused a few deletions with incessant raiding, grabbed a WW village and put herself right out there at the front of the server for all to see.

Then she got attacked! JEEEEEEEZUUUUZZZZ!!!

And???

Isn't that like Jordan complaining about being snapped by the paparazzi whilst her spacehoppers are hanging out of a piece of dental-floss like material?

Even worse, Talia has a big cry on her profile about it, implying that TC are scumbags for doing it.

WHAT?? WHAAAAAAT?

Its a BLOODY WAR GAME!!!

I found it actually pretty bloody impressive. From Hero to Zero overnight virtually.

Go TC.

Stop whining all you crybabies about Talia being attacked so mercilessly. Isn't that the blooming point in the game?? She got hit with the BIG STICK is all. Let it be a lesson :p
    if it happened to you, would you be happy?

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk2_18714 sign up and earn me some gold!]
    sig courtesy of Darkest

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member krull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fox View Post
    Let's get one thing straight here - orders were issued by NMS High Command to annihilate Bekler's account. Two days later we issued a similar directive on Talia.

As Reacher says, it's a war game.
    Lincoln Six-Echo: Who is God?
    McCord: You know when you really want something, you close your eyes and wish for it really hard? God is the guy that ignores you.

Senior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul Member bekler21's Avatar

What all the moaners are forgetting is that they (NMS) started ripping my villages apart before we even started on Talia

Did I whine?

Did Krull come on here saying how bad NMS are for being mean to me?

If my villages were as badly wrecked as Talia's I'd take it on the chin... I knew what I was in for when I agreed to take the WW.

The only difference is TC did the job properly

We defended some of my villages and used a heap of gold doing repairs.... Talia didn't and her villages were zero'd

It happened to J1mbo last round, Talia this round... and it will keep on happening...to WW holders, ive lost 3 maybe 4 villages now and I would probably be in the same situation as Talia right now if we hadn't spent so much gold and organised some defense

NMS threw the first stone and were attacking my villages for 2 days before we even started on Talia... so why the tears now?

LOL,

she was a WW holder for god sake. What did you want us to do?

First the Jeewhiz incident and now this? Jesus you guys really are pathetic, and you do is moan moan moan. Never thought i'd say this, but even me and KitKat agree on something, what TC did was part of the game, and NMS tried to do the exact same thing, however due to BETTER teamwork, we were able to hold up, you guys wouldn't see us coming on here saying "Boo Hoo, i held the WW and the main rival alliance attacked my villages".

Seriously grow up, stop being so petty, stop trying to tarnish other players accomplishments with your "Foul play" speeches. Its a war game, its ok for said player to farm another player to the ground causing him/her to delete? Its end game, all gloves are off, and those that are on here complaining about it either:

A. Complete and utter morons so know nothing about strategies and holding a WW
    B. Never seen an end game before
    C. Need to find some way to flame TC

@ Talia Good job, shame you had to throw the majority of respect i had for you out the window for crying about your villages on your profile like that.

Moderator Comment: Hrbdefender
    Please don't abbreviate, it still counts as using the expression/phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da5id View Post
    wow that is the first (and probably last) time I will hear Wuv described as a "lap dog"

Three quads of four attempt to trash the fourth. Talia, owner of a WW, whose alliance controls half the server, whines that the fourth quad has destroyed her account.

Truly pathetic.

If one quad wins after the other three have united against it, their victory is complete and total, to the shame of the rest. If one of the three quads wins, they will have had nothing but weight of numbers on their side.

The triumph of the allies in both world wars wasn't at all impressive. They had the weight of production and numbers on their side. The amazing thing about both wars was Germany's ability to achieve so much (militarily), alone.

If TC wins (as they still shall) it is both to their credit and to the eternal humiliation of the others.

MemberMember

Lots of people get bashed, a little or a lot [ i would know] so its all part of the game!!

On topic: Shen has killed some nice armies
    *_*

Quote Originally Posted by bekler21 View Post
    What all the moaners are forgetting is that they (NMS) started ripping my villages apart before we even started on Talia

Did I whine?

Did Krull come on here saying how bad NMS are for being mean to me?

If my villages were as badly wrecked as Talia's I'd take it on the chin... I knew what I was in for when I agreed to take the WW.

The only difference is TC did the job properly

We defended some of my villages and used a heap of gold doing repairs.... Talia didn't and her villages were zero'd

It happened to J1mbo last round, Talia this round... and it will keep on happening...to WW holders, ive lost 3 maybe 4 villages now and I would probably be in the same situation as Talia right now if we hadn't spent so much gold and organised some defense

NMS threw the first stone and were attacking my villages for 2 days before we even started on Talia... so why the tears now?
    If you win this thing - and its looking likely, validating my former congratulations, no one can say you didnt fight for it. Talia has'nt been on here moaning by the way, just a few of her supporters including me. She conducted herself impecabbly, worked fervently, tirelessly, put the hours in. As indeed you have as well bekler, and many , many people besides. She bowed out gracefully and silently when your people had done their deed, and never complained.

So I dont think its right or fair to keep crowing over your hollow victory in the forum. At all. A lot of people will be ... frankly, disgusted, by the clinical nature of your dissection of the account.
    [url]ht

Your response started out quite well teut... as was beginning to think you were alright for a second there

Granted Talia has not complained on the forum...... she did it on her ingame profile instead. Talia never seems to say anything on the forum, she seems to read it but never comments. That's her choice but to say she didn't moan.....

Taken from Talia's profile:

"I have never seen anything more unpleasant than TC's behaviour since the WW in this acct was rendered non viable, it was after that that they decided to destroy my account, there was no reason for it but sheer malice and I have chosen not to defend it as defenses are needed more elsewhere in NMS."

Quote Originally Posted by teutonic View Post
    So I dont think its right or fair to keep crowing over your hollow victory in the forum. At all. A lot of people will be ... frankly, disgusted, by the clinical nature of your dissection of the account.
    This thread was not started or kept alive by any TC members gloating... but by NMS players whining at the injustice

Once again... NMS have been trying to do the same to me and they started 2 DAYS BEFORE we launched any attacks on Talia

So because we were successful in wrecking Talia's account our behaviour is disgusting... but because NMS failed to completely wipe my account (they did zero 4 villages, croplock many on numerous occasions and left mainy in a pretty useless state) it's ok?

Basically because we spent a heap of money on gold and stuck in some defenders we are the baddies and if I had taken the same stance as Talia and let my villages be easily zero'd NMS wouldn't be able to say a thing as they would have done exactly the same to me. Is that what your saying?

jesus this is getting out of hand. Speaking as one who has wrecked more people accounts in the last few years than you can shake a stick at (and had my own totalled once or twice) there's nothing wrong with what TC did. Tal played a monster game from start to finish and just because she got zeroed at the end (the bane of all wonder holders who don't quite make the top spot) that takes NOTHING away from what she achieved. There's no record of where you finished at the end save the mention on the final announcement and it's generally accepted that top pop at the end is nothing more than a worthless simmer who the quality players didn't even consider it worth going after. At reset we all get levelled down anyway but what you carry on to the next servers are your memories and your pride and the mighty tigress should have an awful lot of both.
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8506&dateline=1263443231

Classic hammer bangarang, damn that was hard to feed

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/6380120797e

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member krull's Avatar

Caesar and Allashka both hit Banjax's WW today.

Just in case no-one noticed....

Two more great warehouses damaged.
    Lincoln Six-Echo: Who is God?
    McCord: You know when you really want something, you close your eyes and wish for it really hard? God is the guy that ignores you.

Granted Talia has not complained on the forum...... she did it on her ingame profile instead. Talia never seems to say anything on the forum, she seems to read it but never comments. That's her choice but to say she didn't moan.....
    Not everyone has to come in here to have a whine, I tend to read and not post most of the time, mostly cause I like to hear what's going on and go back to my game. If Tal not moaning on the forum bothers you, it says more about you than her tbh.
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

SnuggleWaggle Bear Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Not everyone has to come in here to have a whine, I tend to read and not post most of the time, mostly cause I like to hear what's going on and go back to my game. If Tal not moaning on the forum bothers you, it says more about you than her tbh.
    But the point is that Talia did moan, but she did it on her in game profile instead. How convenient for you to missed that one out.
    :tulliaanda will one day rule the world. Go Panda!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by herc View Post
    But the point is that Talia did moan, but she did it on her in game profile instead. How convenient for you to missed that one out.
    Yes, and she's more than entitled to express her opinion on her profile. But to pick on her for choosing not to comment on the forum is ridiculous, why should she HAVE to moan here? Does she have to have your approval of said moaning?

To be honest I'm impressed she has risen above all the slanging of her on here, and makes me all the more proud to have played by her side.
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

SnuggleWaggle Bear Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Yes, and she's more than entitled to express her opinion on her profile. But to pick on her for choosing not to comment on the forum is ridiculous, why should she HAVE to moan here? Does she have to have your approval of said moaning?

To be honest I'm impressed she has risen above all the slanging of her on here, and makes me all the more proud to have played by her side.
    So you have entitled to express your opinion on your profile, but not on the forum?
    No one picked on her for choosing not to comment on the forum, who was it that picked on bekler for commenting on the forum?

I have deep respect for Talia, don't get me wrong, I think she is one of the best travian players I have met in my time.
    :tulliaanda will one day rule the world. Go Panda!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by herc View Post
    So you have entitled to express your opinion on your profile, but not on the forum?
    No one picked on her for choosing not to comment on the forum, who was it that picked on bekler for commenting on the forum?

I have deep respect for Talia, don't get me wrong, I think she is one of the best travian players I have met in my time.
    Maybe I could have been a bit clearer. I'm saying Tal has every right to express her opinion on her profile, just in the same way she can choose NOT to express her opinion on the forum.

Bekler criticised her for not posting here moaning, but I don't see why she should HAVE to moan here. I criticised Bekler's criticism of a friend, maybe i'm as bad as Bekler, i'm happy to accept that...I would never complain that someone isn't moaning on the forum though, why should I? It's their choice...

Couldn't agree with your last point more though

Bekler criticised her for not posting here moaning, but I don't see why she should HAVE to moan here. I criticised Bekler's criticism of a friend, maybe i'm as bad as Bekler, i'm happy to accept that...I would never complain that someone isn't moaning on the forum though, why should I? It's their choice...
    Maybe you should read my post PROPERLY.

I never CRITICISED Talia for not posting on the forum.... I just said that they could not say 'she did not moan' ... she did... she moaned on her profile, not on the forum. I was clarifying the point that she complained/moaned.. however you want to word it...

Since you have completely misunderstood I shall clarify

I said
    Granted Talia has not complained on the forum......
    In response to an earlier post saying she did not complain

she did it on her ingame profile instead.
    To explain to the non server 3 players what people were refering to - that she did actually complain

Talia never seems to say anything on the forum, she seems to read it but never comments. That's her choice but to say she didn't moan.....?
    This is in NO WAY a criticism.... I said it's her choice where she chooses to voice her opinion. I like Talia and have spoke to her on numerous occasions... I think you jumped the gun here Trin... to say I was criticising her is complete garbage... I was merely pointing out FACTS

MemberMember

No Point in arguing Triny Boy ... She Wont Back Down

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezy View Post
    No Point in arguing Triny Boy ... She Wont Back Down
    QFT

She would most likely argue if you said something she disagreed with...

Quote Originally Posted by Si14 View Post
    QFT

She would most likely argue if you said something she disagreed with...
    I was just pointing out that I like Talia and wasn't criticising her for not posting on the forum.... that's not a crime

Default Gold...

Not wishing to take anything away from the winners, whoever they may be, I just keep thinking about that 600 gold every two days....that would certainly shove anyone past the post. Maybe we didn't even consider asking alliance members to contribute, but most would certainly be unable to keep up that sort of contribution. Its hardly a level playing field and really, once the ww is reached, it should be level- don't you think? Maybe Trav needs to think about this, otherwise it will virtually always be those with the greatest bank roll that succeed (maybe a bit like real life really!)Just trying to think about this sensibly when money is short (er)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast