Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travian Troops

Default Travian Troops

do you think the travian tribes should have more or differnet troops?

i think the teutons should have flairlers that grow into a berserk rage

your comments

i think a change would be good, but then again, there is also a chance of over-complicating the game, so id keep with having the same old troops

I think it would be an interesting idea to have ranged troops. They only have to travel 3/4 of the way to a village before their attack hits. eg. a village 16 tiles away, send a few bowmen, they only need to travel 12 tiles before their attack hits. However I also think that rather than just having a wall as defence their should be some sort of defence against these ranged troops and at level 20 this defence is impenetrable. This would make the ranged units ideal for raiding your farms but they couldn't be used in proper attacks on players who have thought through their defence.

yeah,thats wat i mean,the guals should have like bowmen and teutons flailers and maby a elite guard for the romans

Ranged attack units...

So I could keep my guys at home and hit everything in my 7x7?

Doesn't sound great to me in terms of balance of the game, but it would be great fun.

no,i didnt mean like that,i think we should have new units but bowmen have to shoot when they are raiding the village,they cant hit from miles away.

the good thing is that they dont get attacked for a while as they are longed range but if not reinforced by ground,they would get slaughtered.

basicly,bowmen are good against calvary and light infantry,not seige weapons and heavy infantry

Answer me this: why are the gauls always represented in travian advertising by a gaul axeman you can't train as a gallic troop inside the game??
    Sox

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

and when you use bowman how do you plan to plunder resources if they attack from outside the village?

dunno,i think its becasue guals tend to use sharp blades and smashing like axes,swords and spears

Gaul MemberGaul Member 2468hiyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOMBO457 View Post
    and when you use bowman how do you plan to plunder resources if they attack from outside the village?
    Well they don't have to. They can be a troop which i a first wave type thing. So they attack take out a few of the unwanted and make it easier for the second wave and so on! But maybe not ranged troops. Take da fun outa it all!

But yeah. No new troops (Yet!) because it will over complicate it all just as the first post said...

But I would like to see a small change like a nice little surprise to pop outa no where! Lol!

Anywayz its a no for new troops but as I said none Yet....

"Glad to be back in the Travian community..."
    "...wait, what?"

okthis is what bowmen would do:

.Cant attack from miles away.
    .Can only attack when raiding or attacking a village
    .they will be inside the village but they are not going to charge like troops,they will stay a bit behind and shoot.
    .then,if all ally troops die and bowmen are left,they will wither fight till the rest for as long as possible if a attack or will flee when all ally troops are defeted

Quote Originally Posted by Elite 09 View Post
    okthis is what bowmen would do:

.Cant attack from miles away.
    .Can only attack when raiding or attacking a village
    .they will be inside the village but they are not going to charge like troops,they will stay a bit behind and shoot.
    .then,if all ally troops die and bowmen are left,they will wither fight till the rest for as long as possible if a attack or will flee when all ally troops are defeted
    Could be a little like cats...cannot fire in raids. That way they don't pick up ressies.

Gaul MemberGaul Member

/Fail idea

End of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender of the Faith View Post
    Is he going to start saying "Hammer time!" every time he closes a thread? Or when he adds one of those notice threads that are locked maybe he'll say "U can't touch this!"

no,this isnt a failed idea

this is a very good idea and im lookingf for opinions not quotes saying you can or cant do this.

i want to see what they think not know.

Gaul MemberGaul Member 2468hiyo's Avatar

no,this isnt a failed idea

this is a very good idea and im lookingf for opinions not quotes saying you can or cant do this.

i want to see what they think not know.
    Um sorry mate but yeah just as lord murtagh said! EPIC FAIL! :p

This will not work! Its to much to implement into the game and will make it way to complicated....

Sorry you lose lol (Soorrrrryyy!!!!!))

"Glad to be back in the Travian community..."
    "...wait, what?"

OK, considering that my last post got kinda shot down, here's another idea. Don't have ranged units but have multiple places within the village itself where you can build walls. Meaning that rather than just have the one wall surrounding everything, you can have smaller walls surrounding only the buidlings you really want to defend as a priority. It would be cheaper to build these specific walls as they are smaller, and you can garrison troops in certain buildings. They would be set to defend that building and it's wall if the enemy made it through the main wall and the main body of troops.

Maybe not the garrison idea but I would like to be able to add extra defence to certain areas of my villages against catas without having to build a stonemason. These walls would not just be for the capital making the stonemason somewhat obsolete.

Gaul MemberGaul Member

No seriously , any idea with ranged units is banned and banned for a good reason .
    Is he going to start saying "Hammer time!" every time he closes a thread? Or when he adds one of those notice threads that are locked maybe he'll say "U can't touch this!"

ok,thats fare enough krazy fool

ok,soz lord m,i didnt know.

although we should have a really good attacking infantry for teutons though

Gaul MemberGaul Member

ok,thats fare enough krazy fool

ok,soz lord m,i didnt know.

although we should have a really good attacking infantry for teutons though
    Teutons already do , mace , easy/cheep/quick to make . sorted

Quote Originally Posted by lord murtagh View Post
    /Fail idea

End of.
    dont ever bother to post then.. :spychic:

yeah, in my experiance ranged units unbalance games and become spam fests and gun fights, this game is lovable cus th ebattles are real. archers could give a little % sway to the way the battle goes but shouldnt be direct units.

realisticly, archers miss more than hit, hit allies and run out of arrows, its a bit too complex without alot fo thought.
    That beast on the horse is me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast