Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: H.omosexuality

Tullia

Quote Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
    I'm just writing to apologise/explain my posts on this thread. Now that I've taken the time to properly read through what I said, I'm fairly appalled. I have come across as a bigot and a homophobe.
    I'd like to explain that it was never my intention to denounce Rainbow. I just wanted to provide an argument (based on my experience) that many people are opposed to the concept of Rainbow, and that the Church could be construed as condemning it. I'm aware that some of my posts suggest i am anti-gay, and that I believe the Church is homophobic. I do not believe this.

I am sorry to anyone who may have been offended by my posts, and am deleting them as such.
    Kudos on that post. It can't have been easy to right. I've replied in more detail to you in PM, but I don't - for the record - believe you are homophobic, or bigoted, just... human. Being scared of something you don't understand is very human.

prince charming

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Zone View Post
    Some stuff that I may have written in the very post you quoted.
    Oh really? That never occurred to me. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRunner View Post
    And i'm being made to sound like a raving homophobe. I think you find with MOST gay people that they are very camp. Every gay guy i know are very camp. Alot of them at college and you know without asking that they are gay.
    Maybe you only know about the camp ones, as the others are still hiding?

I know a few people who are gay but are still hiding from their school friends etc.
    (And no, I am not hinting towards myself, bad person -.-)
    'If you can't walk, you crawl, and if you can't do that, you get someone to carry you'

Forum Rules
    | My dA Gallery

Some stuff that I may have written in the very post you quoted.
    I don't remember saying that! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
    Maybe you only know about the camp ones, as the others are still hiding?

I know a few people who are gay but are still hiding from their school friends etc.
    (And no, I am not hinting towards myself, bad person -.-)
    Exactly. The percentage is from 5-10%. He may know 2 out of 100 gay guys due to flamboyance; but oblivious to the other 3-8.
    "Sine Scientia Ars Nihil Est"
    "Soli Deo Gloria" - Johann Sebastian Bach
    "Stercus Accidit" - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFyre View Post
    ^ This, and with homsexuals being a minority I'd say there's a more heterosexual sex going on... hence HIV is spread more through people not using protection.
    Africans can't afford food let along a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Norchard View Post
    Africans can't afford food let along a condom.
    Liez! They just horde there gold and jewelry like dwarfs...i mean midgets!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Liez! They just horde there gold and jewelry like dwarfs...i mean midgets!
    That is the governments, the people don't have anything, anyway, off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crannys View Post
    I personal don't blame Uganda and other African coutries for trying to stop HIV. And the main way HIV is transfered is Gay sex so to stop most HIV you have to stop gay sex and the easiest way to do that is to outlaw Rainbow.
    Actually, that's a skewered statistic. It was taken in the 80's and the majority of the subjects were promiscuous, sex addicts because during this time, most homosexuals were in the closet and therefore unable to be surveyed, much less wanted to be.

Because of this, it appeared that 80% of the homosexual population had contracted an STD and that AIDS was rampant through the minority.

These outdated statistics are still used today (in the U.S. at least). I gave blood last year, and afterwards they asked me a number of questions, one of which was "Have you ever had intimate relations with someone of the same sex?" After answering yes, they preceded to wash their hands and dispose of my donated blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    and dispose of my donated blood.
    That's disgraceful. It saddens me how much homophobia still exists in todays supposedly "tolerant" society
    'sup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    I'm a musician/Writer/Poet, literally everybody wants to get with this. Y'know what I'm sayin' dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Lee View Post
    HIV/AIDS infection can be transmitted through blood.

Yeah... I Read That a Guy pricked his own wife With a Needle and transmitted his Blood (Full of HIV) just so he could have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by chris80210 View Post
    wow. You continue to post some amazing stuff!

At the Moment.. Im OWNING the Forums

Travian???

Quote Originally Posted by WeWorshipFred View Post
    That's disgraceful. It saddens me how much homophobia still exists in todays supposedly "tolerant" society
    I dont know wether it's 'homophobia' per say... the uk use a 63% stat from 2007 to justify it (Men who have sex with men continue to be disproportionately affected by HIV and account for 63% of HIV diagnoses where the infection was likely to have been acquired in the UK.) (and not the outdated 80% as mentioned before)
    Taken from http://www.blood.co.uk/
    ------->

The reasons for the current policy of permanently excluding men who have ever had sex with men from blood donation are as follows:

•Blood safety starts with the selection of donors before they give blood. By excluding groups known to present a particularly high risk of blood-borne viruses, we are already reducing the risk of infected blood entering the blood supply.
    •Every blood donation is tested for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), syphilis and human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV). However, despite improvements in blood screening tests, a small number of infected donations may be missed because of the 'window period' between getting the infection and the test showing a positive result.
    •While safer sex, through the use of condoms, does reduce the transmission of infections, it cannot eliminate the risk altogether. Men who have sex with men continue to be disproportionately affected by HIV and account for 63% of HIV diagnoses where the infection was likely to have been acquired in the UK.1 Epidemiological evidence in the UK also shows that there has been a significant increase in sexually-transmitted infections which can also be blood-borne, such as hepatitis B and syphilis, among men who have sex with men. Between 2002 and 2006, for example, there was a 117% increase in syphilis infections in men who have sex with men.2
    •Research shows that completely removing the current exclusion on blood donation from men who have sex with men would result in a fivefold increase in the risk of HIV-infected blood entering the blood supply. While changing deferral to one year from the last sexual contact would have a lesser effect, it would still increase this risk by 60%.3

1Testing Times: HIV and Other Sexually-transmitted Infections in the United Kingdom (Health Protection Agency 2007)
    2Testing Times: HIV and Other Sexually-transmitted infections in the United Kingdom (Health Protection Agency 2007)
    3Soldan K & Sinka K – Vox Sanguinis (2003) 84, p265-273
    Last edited by fishman; 14 May 2010 at 03:30 PM.

New Poster

This isn't homophobia, it's common sense. Discrimination/differentiation is essential to society. If you know a group are far more likely to raise the risk of infected blood, regardless of what the group is (be it ethnic, racial, age, sex, blood type, alcoholics, drug users etc.) then it only makes sense to exclude them from providing blood. It is unfortunate that gay men still seem to contract certain diseases far more often than with heterosexual men but, since it is fact, it cannot be ignored. This is not homophobia but simple common sense. Unfortunately, common sense doesn't seem to be so common anymore.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Fabs's Avatar

celerysexuality? Wazzat?
    “It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.”

Looks like somebody trying to make the forum a vibrant wonderful place by making a filter that replaces h0m0 with celery.

Huzzah. The forum is great again.

Aha this title is a pure win.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Fabs's Avatar

So I guess now the forum filter assumes that being h0mosexual is wrong...
    “It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.”

Oooh, do we have a sentient filter that can make assumptions now then ?
    I need help, not ridicule!

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Making this thread was totally worth the effort.

I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Oooh, do we have a sentient filter that can make assumptions now then ?
    Evidently not, but it would be nice* to have a competent crew that can avoid making mistakes every time they decide something needs changing with the forum.

The filter implies that this discussion thread is against the rules. Would you agree with that?

*Figure of speech, of course. It's this type of thing which provides the lulz from the UK forum now.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast