View Poll Results: Which Console Is Best!

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

    33 50.00%
  • Xbox 360 (elite,pro and arcade)

    20 30.30%
  • Nintendo Wii

    8 12.12%
  • Nintendo DS (ds,ds lite and dsi)

    5 7.58%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110

Thread: Xbox360 vs PS3

  1. #21
    I'm the PanDaddy! Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sidewinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hiding
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benduff View Post
    Ps1 & 2 were awsome as well thats why il always stick with sony
    So was the walkman. I better bin my iPod...

  2. #22
    New Poster chozen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    plymouth
    Posts
    29

    Default

    N64 is clearly best. good graphics (for the time anyway, and they'd hold their own against some of the wii stuff nowadays) no loading times atall, and one of the best game libraries of all time, with genre defining games like legend of zelda OoT, Super mario 64, golden eye, turok, animal crossing (yes, it existed in america and japan- thank the lord for imports) and the unforgettable pokemon. oh, and the first ever rumble pack, 4 player without an add-on, and the wicked controller. All it was missing was online play, and I think japan got that for a few games.

    For now though, I shall settle with the 360.

  3. #23
    HillBill
    Guest

    Default

    So many threads about this. Damn you non-knowing new users

  4. #24

    Default

    commodore vic 20 with the optional 19k memory upgrade of course.

  5. #25
    i winz the *****s
    Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member
    dragon115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Posts
    5,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lokki View Post
    commodore vic 20 with the optional 19k memory upgrade of course.
    beautiful machine i miss mine


  6. #26
    Covered in honey. Taulphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    C64 & Amstrad etc. etc. Because this generation of consoles are a disgrace quite frankly, the Wii gets some brownie points for teaching the others a lesson about other important areas of development beyond the graphical rat race.

    PC really, before you claim for it not to be a 'console' you need to look closely at what early consoles were and what our current set of consoles are in all but name... PCs, limited ones at that.

  7. #27
    Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    6,351

    Default

    How much would it cost to have a computer able to run games smoothly at a good frame rate with good graphics? I know little about gaming on computers.

  8. #28

    Default

    Best console in the poll (technologically) - PS3

    Other consoles have their pros and cons, but i think the PS3 wins it. Although like Dan said, it does lack some really good original games that you get can get on the Nintendo consoles.

    For splitscreen multiplayer it has to be the 360. Simply because it allows each individual player to sign into their own profile and use their own settings. I hate temporary profiles, i always have to change the controls and or aiming sensitivity (for FPS games). The PS3 doesn't allow this, only player 1 can be signed into a profile.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  9. #29
    i winz the *****s
    Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member
    dragon115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Posts
    5,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taulphin View Post
    C64 & Amstrad etc. etc. Because this generation of consoles are a disgrace quite frankly, the Wii gets some brownie points for teaching the others a lesson about other important areas of development beyond the graphical rat race.

    PC really, before you claim for it not to be a 'console' you need to look closely at what early consoles were and what our current set of consoles are in all but name... PCs, limited ones at that.
    ^this pretty much is exactly what i think to


    Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    How much would it cost to have a computer able to run games smoothly at a good frame rate with good graphics? I know little about gaming on computers.
    mine runs most games on top graphics and the very few it cant it runs on medium at the very least, never had a loss in frame rate and though it cost about 1200 when i bought it you can get them now for 300-500 so not so much

    though its going to get a major (and i mean about 1000 worth of major) upgrade as soon as i get the cash


  10. #30
    Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    6,351

    Default

    Thought it might be something expensive :p

    I guess this is why, amongst all the 'PC is the true machine' (or the like), people buy consoles. Good fun, good graphics (they cant be called bad in general, and some games are amazing), good frame rates, and all for cheaper. Problem with PC's is the need to update hardware? Too much spending

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    Thought it might be something expensive :p

    I guess this is why, amongst all the 'PC is the true machine' (or the like), people buy consoles. Good fun, good graphics (they cant be called bad in general, and some games are amazing), good frame rates, and all for cheaper. Problem with PC's is the need to update hardware? Too much spending
    Thats not the only problem. If you got a PC with XP, a tri core 3.2ghz processor, 256MB graphics card (running at 500MHz) and 256MB of RAM, you would struggle to run all but the most basic games... But that is the approximate spec of the Xbox 360, and it can run Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 at a solid framerate. Even if the PC did run it well, if you custom build a PC to similar specs, it will cost around 350-400.

    If you go for a medium-high spec PC which will probably set you back around 500-700, then you would get something that would run better than a console. Any more than that and a PC will be untouchable.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  12. #32
    Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    6,351

    Default

    Well exactly. I dont do a lot of 'PCing' except browsing the net and playing travian, though I can appreciate a PC could be insanely powerful, but at an insane price too.

    I believe this is a very large reason why many people play consoles because they get their specific gaming machine for a cheaper price.

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    Well exactly. I dont do a lot of 'PCing' except browsing the net and playing travian, though I can appreciate a PC could be insanely powerful, but at an insane price too.

    I believe this is a very large reason why many people play consoles because they get their specific gaming machine for a cheaper price.
    Although we do miss out on quite a lot of the best games...
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  14. #34

    Default

    Lets face it,the better quaility you want,the more MY you will have to pay.

    thats whey xbox and ps3 are so expensive because they are such good quality products and have such good graphics

  15. #35
    Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    6,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    Although we do miss out on quite a lot of the best games...
    Maybe, though if i've never seen or experienced them I dont know what i'm missing out on so it doesnt bother me :p

  16. #36
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member VelvetThighs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    2,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elite 09 View Post
    thats whey xbox and ps3 are so expensive because they are such good quality products and have such good graphics
    And a damn good PC even more to pay for that extra level of shiny graphicness
    I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elite 09 View Post
    Lets face it,the better quaility you want,the more MY you will have to pay.

    thats whey xbox and ps3 are so expensive because they are such good quality products and have such good graphics
    But consoles are very cheap compared to an equivalent PC as i pointed out.

    But PCs have a lot more potential. Crysis is widely regarded as the best looking game on any console. But the Cry 3 engine is actually worse than the Cry 2 engine visually because it has been dumbed down to allow Crysis 2 to be ported to console.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  18. #38
    Gaul MemberGaul Member jordan045mfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetThighs View Post
    Out of those options I would have the wii for two reasons:

    1/ Originality of games, Mario kart <3

    2/ The 360 and PS3 are like my PC but worse, both sharing and lacking many games from it with worse quality. The wii is the only one which I can't get better gameplay from a PC which in my eyes takes the #1 spot.
    you must be joking, wii games have by far the worst graphics out of anything currently availible, and the originality is gone, mainly because these games have all already been out countlees times, such as the pokemon series, talk about repetetive, not one game hasn't involved getting 8 gym badges then going to fight the fantastic four (exept MD)
    "I reject your reality and substitute it with my own"

    5% Percent of teens would have a breakdown if miley cyrus was standing on the edge of a tower ready to jump, copy and paste if you're part of the 95% yelling "Jump sesquipedalian!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads.
    i'm a master spammer, so watch out forums,not really, don't wanna get banned

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan045mfn View Post
    you must be joking, wii games have by far the worst graphics out of anything currently availible, and the originality is gone, mainly because these games have all already been out countlees times, such as the pokemon series, talk about repetetive, not one game hasn't involved getting 8 gym badges then going to fight the fantastic four (exept MD)
    The Wii console iself is very original Any game that utlises its features properly is a good game, i can see what Dan is getting at here, no other console or any PC can match that.

    Some bad games for example; Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Melee was a lot better. The wheel for mariokart is pathetic. if you want to use a wheel for a racing game get a real game and a real wheel with pedals and a gear shifter. For mariokart, stick to the controller. The game only comes with one wheel, and they are pricey on their own, so the whole 'family play' element is non-existent, because only one person uses the wheel.

    But there are some excellent games too. Sonic Party games <3
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

  20. #40
    Gaul MemberGaul Member jordan045mfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    The Wii console iself is very original Any game that utlises its features properly is a good game, i can see what Dan is getting at here, no other console or any PC can match that.

    Some bad games for example; Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Melee was a lot better. The wheel for mariokart is pathetic. if you want to use a wheel for a racing game get a real game and a real wheel with pedals and a gear shifter. For mariokart, stick to the controller. The game only comes with one wheel, and they are pricey on their own, so the whole 'family play' element is non-existent, because only one person uses the wheel.

    But there are some excellent games too. Sonic Party games <3
    ah, good old sonic, yes they are good, and zelda was genius, but most other games were fails, i.e any game for any other platform, CoD, ect. when project natal comes out nothing will match x360 though
    "I reject your reality and substitute it with my own"

    5% Percent of teens would have a breakdown if miley cyrus was standing on the edge of a tower ready to jump, copy and paste if you're part of the 95% yelling "Jump sesquipedalian!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads.
    i'm a master spammer, so watch out forums,not really, don't wanna get banned

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •