Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travian - The game for losers ?

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Default Travian - The game for losers ?

No this isnt yet another flame thread for how bad travian is because I love this game
    a lot but left yesterday (unfortunately just don't have time)

Today a friend at school found my skype status which is about travian and everyone is saying how sad it is to play a game like that.

Just wondering of people get the Mick taken out of them for playing and what there methods are for avoiding/making a come back in the argument

One last time,
    Turps
    Xbox Live GT:

x iJ 0 K 3 R x

MemberMember

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    No this isnt yet another flame thread for how bad travian is because I love this game

Today a friend at school found my skype status which is about travian and everyone is saying how sad it is to play a game like that.

Just wondering of people get the Mick taken out of them for playing and what there methods are for avoiding/making a come back in the argument

One last time,
    Turps
    i know you arent playing anymore but....
    how about not caring what other people think? if you like the game play it, if you dont then dont.
    vidi vinci veni. its an easy mistake to make your honour

Just laugh at them and say stuff like, 'Yeah I'm the saddest guy on the planet.' For them, insulting you would be pretty boring if you beat them to it...

And that's coming from a ginger, so I'm experienced.

just dont tell em that you go on it.

Also, dont join any skpe things if you are gonna put messages on it about that, dont mention it on facebook, and definatly, if you are gonna use MSN for it, put all your contacts that are from travian in a different group to the others, otherwise you may get mixed up by just looking a the picture and find yourself talking about a raiding party you just sent out to your best freind.
    ~ H0pZ

Server 3: A Once Proud Member of N|G II (NLG II) Now a Member of TC CBC

Sever 1: A Proud Member of an Alliance we have not chosen the name yet for

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Tbh...I think unfortunately in todays society, those who don't play it or similar games probably will call me, you, the next person sad because we do. There's not a lot you can do as far as I can see. I certainly wouldn't go round telling everyone that I play. Not really because I'm embarrassed about the game in itself, but because as I say in todays society, no matter what there will always be people to take the pee...and I'd rather just avoid potential situations like that rather than have to deal with them.

If you know they like something specific, perhaps turn it and say you think their hobby/activity is [choose word] :p

Those on the outside don't really understand that the game is actually quite sociable (if you get involved on skype etc). And its not always just internet friends, as people do meet up and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    Just laugh at them and say stuff like, 'Yeah I'm the saddest guy on the planet.' For them, insulting you would be pretty boring if you beat them to it...

No 'Thump them' from you?
    I'm disappointed :p
    lol I have to keep trav hidden from my parents- now that IS a mission

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    Hah, I've played for over 2 years, and as far as I'm aware my parents have no clue. Laptop in bedroom ftw

my college class take the mic alot, thats just who they are. funnily enough, my secondary school freinds took the mic out of me for playing it, saying i was sad and addicted... even though then went on it all day and paid for it. usually its not the game, just the people.
    That beast on the horse is me

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post

One last time,
    Turps
    tell them to go back to wow the sados :d

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    Ah yes.

Lay that mother out.

And as commander said, I've avoided telling my mates I have it, purely because that'd add to the list of things to abuse me for. ^^

Roman MemberRoman Member deepbluesea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post

Agreed, drives 'em nuts when you don't take the bait like they want you to.
    They probably more than likely have their own insecurities they want hidden - so pick on others to make themselves feel better.

Just laugh it off...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Ryano View Post
    Believing in Wikipedia is better.
    [citation needed]

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

I don't tell people I play

I don't tell people on travian my name, Maybe if I had a normal name I would but i've checked I'm the only one on face-book with my name

Soooo just generally try to keep them apart I'm pretty much a completely different person Irl. For starters I'm "nice" o.0!

T
    No-cringe signature.

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    Hah, I've played for over 2 years, and as far as I'm aware my parents have no clue. Laptop in bedroom ftw
    A bit hard when its a computer in the living room
    But I persevere

Laugh about how ridiculous this game is with them?
    Thats what I do, gotta see the funny side when someone asks if your coming to the pub and you say, "hold on 5 i need to send out my preatorians otherwise my ally's granary will be destroyed!"

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member ursamajor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeeGoose View Post
    Laugh about how ridiculous this game is with them?
    Thats what I do, gotta see the funny side when someone asks if your coming to the pub and you say, "hold on 5 i need to send out my preatorians otherwise my ally's granary will be destroyed!"
    but isn't that kinda of taking the mic out of yourself as well? so that dosn't help imo

but i havn't told anyone i play trav, and if they ever did find out, then whats the big deal? half my friends play cod all day, thats just as bad as travian

LMAO - i guess the consensus is that it is sad to play travian... as all the replies have been, 'i dont tell anyone i play' like it's embarrassing or something!!

when i played, all my mates knew i played, i was proud and gave them updates on how well we were doing!!

but yeah, take pride in what you enjoy! and get really good! dunno why, but made me think of Billy Elliot!

but yeah, getting the mick taken out of you all the time sucks, but does build character!! (or make you a really weird recluse) - go for character!

My parents both know about my travian addiction and actually encourage me to use my ipod touch as it keeps me off the laptop so they can go on it!

But yes, always, there is always someone out there who will take the absolute. But if you it, youll carry on, just not mention it at school and such
    Beware: Answers Back

Teuton MemberTeuton Member U.N. Owen's Avatar

laugh and tell them they are sad for picking on sad'os like us!

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

They're just jealous because they found it too difficult.
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

No, they're correct. Travian is for losers, and those that staff it are even worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast