Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah!

7 28.00%
  • Noo!

18 72.00%

Thread: The best server!

Cool The best server!

Well i came up with an idea, what if all the greatest players from UK and .com travian join together on 1 server, I'd say on .com, and take over the server, 1 alliance with just them, to take over the rest and ruler the server! It would be much fun!!

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_4143

you may as well make someone happy, so please, use that link.
    Sheep Lovers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    And I know as little as you lot about this. Just because Im a moderator, doesnt mean I know anything *Dont quoute that.
    even better! Press [ctr] & [w] at the same time if your cool

Teuton MemberTeuton Member U.N. Owen's Avatar

There would probably be a lot of arguments and in game fighting me thinks

Woop, woop s6!

Can't beat a classic server. No heroes for us!

OT: It wouldn't work me thinks, there would be too many egos for them all to work together.

This wouldn't work, most people will just get farmed into deleting and then people will make it into a normal server. No offence, but that wasn't a very good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by 19kylegreer96 View Post
    Well i came up with an idea, what if all the greatest players from UK and .com travian join together on 1 server, I'd say on .com, and take over the server, 1 alliance with just them, to take over the rest and ruler the server! It would be much fun!!
    I'm afraid your idea has been thought up countless times before and a number of people before you have tried to make it a reality, results as far as I've seen have never been as good as people had hoped, maybe the bars set too high, maybe its the ego's, maybe it's burn out and maybe something else entirely.

The servers that I've found to be most exciting are those which has a high proportion of newer players who want to learn and get involved in the game and make something of themselves rather then a server that's purposely had a high proportion of so called elite players enticed into from different servers to usually suddenly all have to work together.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member blazing bob's Avatar

Wait wait... fun?
    Fun for who? Everyone getting smashed by one alliance?
    That is not a "super server" it would just be one dominant alliance.
    People these days
    ~-~ I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger ~-~

[21:11:42] Mark: If that's what you kids are calling it nowadays, then yes, me and your father will be "paying taxes"

Quote Originally Posted by blazing bob View Post
    People these days
    You sound like my mom
    And you don't wanna sound like my mom
    UK 3 is the place to be!
    Travian? I don't remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrue2 View Post
    PHWOARRR, GET IN THERE MY SON, GIVE HER ONE FROM ME.

k?

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member blazing bob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brooky121 View Post
    You sound like my mom
    And you don't wanna sound like my mom
    Your picture looks like my mum
    ~-~ I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger ~-~

[21:11:42] Mark: If that's what you kids are calling it nowadays, then yes, me and your father will be "paying taxes"

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Hamster fuzz's Avatar

Please enlighten me, as to what defines a "greatest player?"
    Oh the joy's of being able to make a thread without speedrunner moaning :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The servers that I've found to be most exciting are those which has a high proportion of newer players who want to learn and get involved in the game and make something of themselves rather then a server that's purposely had a high proportion of so called elite players enticed into from different servers to usually suddenly all have to work together.
    QFT.10 characters

The first problem I can see with that is you are advertising it on the forum, so you're already missing a large hunk of the 'best' players. Then of course you will get a whole bunch of noobs who have never had more than 20k troops claiming to be the 'best', and you'll have no idea about how good they actually are.

A bunch of Americans and Swedes tried to do something similar. They came from the US servers where they had gathered a team of the 'best' players to 'show us how it's done'. They clearly had massive egos from their arrogant posts on the forums. They just simmed all server, and then tried to take on the number 1 alliance (formed from UK5 players), resulting in them being wiped out in a matter of weeks.

Like many people have said already this idea has been tried many times, a few german groups have managed it before (invasion of a foreign server I mean) but thats because they dont seem to have massive ego's like most english speaking players who have ever managed to pull off a succesful attack
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster fuzz View Post
    Please enlighten me, as to what defines a "greatest player?"
    they usually have 'ish' somewhere in their name and appear in the hall of fame lots!

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Hamster fuzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishman View Post
    they usually have 'ish' somewhere in their name and appear in the hall of fame lots!
    NAH. They are usually big fans of hamsters.
    Oh the joy's of being able to make a thread without speedrunner moaning :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster fuzz View Post
    NAH. They are usually big fans of hamsters.
    yeah, that too, epecially with mustard