Thread: Address Book

mangudaiDK

Default Address Book

ADDRESS BOOK
    by : mangudaiDK

?????????????????????????????????????????????

I. Introduction
    II. What is an address book and what's for?
    III. How to use the address book?
    IV. Tell your friend about the address book

?????????????????????????????????????????????

I. Introduction
    Hi... This will become my first guide. It's seems a mess, and this guide is really simple. First, I want to apologize for the broken english. Here, I am going to explain all of you about address book. This is an important thing in travian that I believe that most of the travian-ers don't know about that. I believe 95% of you don't know about this, and how important is it. Now, let me explain below

II. What is an address book and what's for?
    Do you have a friend that are not in your alliance?? How do you know that your friend is online or not?? Address book is your answer. With address book you can know if your friend online or not. It's shown like the online dot in your alliance :

Blue Dot : Online
    Green Dot : Last online max 24 hrs
    Yellow Dot : Last online 24 hrs - 3 days
    Red Dot : Last online 3 days - 7 days
    Grey Dot : Last online 7 days ago

It's really useful to know are your friend online or not.... You can think a lot more of the function after you know how did it work...

III. How to use the address book?

First, you have to add your friend to your contact list, to do that

step 1 : Go to your message area (nachrichten.php), then go to the part where you create your own message from scratch and send it to other people.
    step 2 : Next to the recipient (on the right of the line), there is a stamp like picture (square picture). Click on it. for the picture, look for picture 1
    step 3 : type your friend id, and click save. you will see a clock like picture next to your friend name. You have to wait for their confirmation. for the picture, look for picture 2

You will have to wait for your friend confirmation to see your friend online dot. Not only adding, you will have to confirm your friend too...

to confirm, repeat step 1 and step 2, if there is a friend adding you, there will be a tick symbol next to your friend name. click on it and you can see your friend activity dot. for the picture, look for picture 2

IV. Tell your friend about the address book

It's seems that you have a little problem here.... most of your friend won't know about this feature. I have a template for you to send to your friend here. you can just copy it and send it to your friend, or you may edit it
    ------------
    Hi,
    I know a way to know if you're online or not. This can be useful for us to communicate and such.
    I have already added you to my address book, please accept it. The address book is a feature that most of the people on Travian don't know about. The address book is a feature to know your friend's activity, like an alliance has the online dot.

To do that, you must confirm my request.

Step 1: Go to your message area (nachrichten.php), then go to the part where you create your own message from scratch and send it to other people. (The second of the three options at the top)
    Step 2: Next to the recipient (on the right of the line), there is a stamp like picture (square picture). Click on it.
    Step 3: There will be my name, and next to it, there is a tick symbol. Click on it.

there you go, you can know when will I online, or when won't I... It's just that simple...
    for the guide go to : http://archive.forum.travian.com/sho...48#post1590948

Kind regards,
    (your name)

----------------
    I hope it's useful.... thanks..
    NB :
    -This guide need more input, feel free adding something below...
    - for the picture will be coming soon

Credit to : :
    Fallen angels for correcting the template
    Last edited by mangudaiDK; 10 Apr 2010 at 12:01 AM.

Default Purple Writing

Only Administrators are suppose to use purple writing am I right?

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_4143

you may as well make someone happy, so please, use that link.
    Sheep Lovers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    And I know as little as you lot about this. Just because Im a moderator, doesnt mean I know anything *Dont quoute that.
    even better! Press [ctr] & [w] at the same time if your cool

PM if you want me to put it into better english and add some screenshots, I am more than willing to do this.

Good guide, simplicity is a good thing by the way, I only found about it because you could consider me a spammer on s3, and I learnt it on the +WATG+ forum [Now known as W-H-T-S or to me as FARM]

Self-professed Genius SummerMcLovin's Avatar

Thumbs up Good effort

The guide is pretty good, you have covered the main points for address books that people would need to know to use it.

I noticed this as soon as I joined Travian, but only thought about it when I accidentally clicked it a couple of days ago. Added one of my friends on it and now understand what it meant by 'waiting for confirmation'.

Should come in handy before I get Stronger up and running on Server 1, keep track of prospective members.

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...

Corrected grammar in the template:

Hi,
    I know a way to know if you're online or not. This can be useful for us to communicate and such.
    I have already added you to my address book, please accept it. The address book is a feature that most of the people on Travian don't know about. The address book is a feature to know your friend's activity, like an alliance has the online dot.

To do that, you must confirm my request.

Step 1: Go to your message area (nachrichten.php), then go to the part where you create your own message from scratch and send it to other people. (The second of the three options at the top)
    Step 2: Next to the recipient (on the right of the line), there is a stamp like picture (square picture). Click on it.
    Step 3: There will be my name, and next to it, there is a tick symbol. Click on it.

there you go, you can know when will I online, or when won't I... It's just that simple...
    for the guide go to : http://archive.forum.travian.com/sho...48#post1590948

Kind regards,
    (your name)

mangudaiDK

Default stupid question

I know this is a stupid question, how do I edit the guide?? I can't find any edit button

and I even forgot to attach the picture, I already made it up

Self-professed Genius SummerMcLovin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mangudaiDK View Post
    I know this is a stupid question, how do I edit the guide?? I can't find any edit button

and I even forgot to attach the picture, I already made it up
    The edit button should be next to the quote button (at the bottom of your post). Don't know if you can edit it after this time, but give it a go anyway.

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...