Page 678 of 680 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680 LastLast
Results 13,541 to 13,560 of 13591

Thread: Now Doing thread

Painting a spiders web on my youngest daughter's face.

Sitting at my laptop and doing mostly nothing for the first time in months. I am officially now at home here.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destine View Post
    Sitting at my laptop and doing mostly nothing for the first time in months. I am officially now at home here.
    Hows life?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    Hows life?
    Really weird, actually. I graduated this year and was planning to travel around Central and Eastern Europe, yet after a couple months working in Germany, I went to Poland and kind of never left. I now have an apartment and a job here. I'm tentatively excited about it all, but we'll see.

Anyway, how's you? I am really bad at staying away from this place (pretty sure this christmas avatar is from 2010 or 11), and it's always nice to see familiar faces still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Destine View Post
    I went to Poland and kind of never left. I now have an apartment and a job here.
    Haha shows the state of UK when its us going there and taking their jobs Good for you though, travel is the best education.
    “Something coming back from the dead was almost always bad news. Movies taught me that. For every one Jesus you get a million zombies.”
    ― David Wong, John dies at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Xxaa View Post
    Haha shows the state of UK when its us going there and taking their jobs Good for you though, travel is the best education.
    I love that last sentence. I've been trying to travel as much as I can the past few years, and I've kind of romanticised the idea of living anywhere that's not England. Definitely a big part of why I'm here. It's perhaps misguided but I'm 22, I can afford to make lemonups now.

Now: enjoying my music library after having the same few artists for the past three months. It's amazing how music you've listened to for years can seem so fresh and exciting after a period without.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I was driving around a friends village at the weekend and noticed someone had left out some scrap for the gypsies,
    I spotted two sets of taps in amongst the pile and nabbed them faster than a nibnob chasing a bibble.

Nice Victoriana ones too with ceramic hot/cold labels, normally about £100 a pair in the DIY places

The slattern obviously hadn't cleaned them in six months, but I've been soaking them in limescale cleaner ever since and they are looking OK.
    Well, better than the naff modernised version of the same thing I currently have on my sink.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Thinking about rearranging the kitchen,
    Currently I have too little workspace but an excess of cupboard space, given that I really only use the wall cupboard for tea and coffee.
    Maybe if I mothball my big fridge and use a smaller one, and move everything else out into the pantry.

I don't actually like wall cupboards, I can't reach the top shelf without a stool but my head manages to connect with an open door every time.
    I'd really like one of those loooooong wooden worktops but I imagine they are quite expensive.

I am married to a man who works in the kitchen business. So naturally, my kitchen is falling apart around me. I have a wooden worktop, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are prepared to do a lot of scrubbing with bleach and regular seasoning. It does have a marble slab set into it which I would recommend. It doesn't seem to scratch, is perfect for pastry and cleans up really easily. I don't have enough cupboard space or workspace. I also seem to have lots of extra free standing stuff like shelves in various alcoves, my nan's welsh dresser and an oak chest of drawers, but everything still overflows.

I can lend you my youngest daughter if you like? She is proving to be an amazing organiser. It's actually a little scary. I come home and find my kitchen cupboards have been tidied, or my dressing table reorganised. I keep telling her it isn't natural - that she needs to start throwing her dirty clothes on the floor, not putting them in the laundry basket and that eleven year olds don't usually do the washing up or clean up their older sister's room without being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by mercy View Post
    I am married to a man who works in the kitchen business. So naturally, my kitchen is falling apart around me.
    This is one of the perpetual lamentations of the married woman, whatever ever skill their partner possesses, it will not find application at home. Which comes back to just marrying someone rich really.

I occasionally borrow other people's podlings whenever a Disney film comes out, because singing in the car isn't mad if someone else joins in.
    I'm probably an aspiring domestic goddess simply because my Mother wasn't, so other people's dressing tables get secretly rearranged if I happen to be standing there. I require a circle of non-chaos around me at all times.

Anyho,
    I've sourced a joblot of wooden worktops from a kitchen contractor which might be affordable, so I've been working out if they fit.

Now my kitchen is a mess of sticky out bits and odd corners so this isn't a simple task, so I've printed out some graph paper and I've been sitting here shuffling little cutout paper shapes all evening.
    I've discovered that if I clear out one section of unused cabinets I could actually fit in a Welsh dresser, and a new area might be deep enough to leave stuff like the breadmaker and mixer out all the time.

What I really want are open shelves to put my jars and little tins of witches ingredients, I use the same stuff all the time and it gets lost in a big wall cupboard.

A tiny bit of drama this morning, we woke up to someone banging and screaming outside a house down the lane. I'd like to assure you that Wibbleshire village isn't known for its domestic tantrums, especially first thing on a wet Saturday.

Whoever it was informed all the early risers within earshot that they would
    "not be putting up with this ****",

so that's a relief

I hope Jermery Kyle doesn't call, I'd prefer not to be involved in someone's paternity/fidelity issues, I have too many closet skeletons to be assured of my own innocence.

Catching up with Made in Chelsea, I've been so distracted recently that I've missed a whole series

I didn't add this to the "possibly worth watching on TV" thread because I'm pretty sure nobody else loves this as much as me.

Very miffed at missing out on MiC NYC,
    Channel 4 appeared to have stopped showing it, so annoying, like totally

Here's a picture of Lucy Watson just so you know who/what I'm talking about,
    please excuse her resting biatch face, it happens.

and here is Grumpy cat, because he's so funny.

Awake rather too early for a Sunday after a very restless night, yesterday was much happier.

I also have places to be this afternoon and driving long distances to unknown locations in wet weather makes me nervous, so my stomach is currently twerking more than an exploited pop starlet.

So tired too, no singing for me today.

Got back a while ago, have been feeding face as I've not eaten since breakfast.

Slightly disappointed with the village I've just come back from, the area is really quite swishy but in reality it was full of dreary red brick bungalows built around what most have been a very old hamlet. Thank you Wibbleshire town planners, why not try the scorched earth tactic next time for a bit of variety ?

The house I was looking for practically had it's own postcode, a huge pile with a river streaming past the garden (although scarily overflowing with all the recent rain). Unfortunately the owner's little office was a Swedish looking wooden thing in the garden, when really I was desperate to peek around his house.

I'm not sure what the area will look like in a few years time as it looks like HS2 will be running through most of it.

TomTom gave me an awful route there and a different but equally awful route back, although a lot of villages in the county remain nice places to live purely because they are so damnably difficult to get to.

Waiting for olsz2ta to start spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    Waiting for olsz2ta to start spamming.
    This spod also turned up on the Horse&Hound forum and he has some odd links, delete account plox

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/member.php?u=58047

My new keyboard arrived, it's horrible and actually tilts slightly to one side, but it was really cheap so I wasn't expecting much.
    I've just finished making some new labels for the function keys, it is such a faff printing anything on a 1:1 scale as it never works properly.

Another parcel, this time a replacement for that nail curing thing I bought last month, so I can get that wrapped up for my friend.

Although since I paid for the postage of its replacement (yeh but, reasons) I now have two of the things, albeit the first one had a wonky power lead.
    I'm sure I can find someone clever to fix it if I cook them a nice meal, although I don't really have many friends girly enough to make use of such a gadget even if I did. Wibbleshire is muddy welly country.

Getting parcels always makes me happy because I can never remember what it was that I sent off for, other than it must have been something I really wanted

Cleaning out cat boxes,
    I've only two left that are habitable and they are looking pretty dishevelled with missing catches and rusty doors.

I'm sure they design these things to fall apart after a year, because the actual box is like an aircraft's flight recorder but the movable bits are made from string cheese.

Slightly annoyed that the grimy one is still grimy even after being scrubbed with scouring paste and bleach

*shamed*

Also tackled most of my knives with the diamond plate nibnob thing.
    Last week I was standing there like a muppet struggling to cut a tomato, when really the knife should have glided through it.

Opened the back door to let the cats in earlier but both Einsteins tried to leap off the roof onto the same post at the same time, both fell off in a tangle of fluff and paw and then scampered back into the bushes.

Angelic

Now > Trying to decide if I can fit in another hour of tv shows before going to sleep or if I should just go to sleep and watch them tomorrow.

On the subject of cats my cousin had a house trained one turned up at his cottage a couple of months ago. He always moans and groans about this cat trying to get into the house and how he's going to 'get rid' of it. Every time anyone goes over and gets out the car it will run out of the stables its made home and say hello and he'll grumble about that bloody cat.

The thing that made me giggle is I emptied a load of rubbish out of my car the other day while at his cottage and at the top of his bin was an empty multipack of cat foot. I always knew he loved that cat.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

In a travian nightmare, waiting to waken in ukX

Now doing... Just realising its 7 years to the day that i joined trav forum, happy forum b/day to Bee! Think my 1st post was a flame at KFL and Fitta the leader who i later became friends with, ah good old days.
    Run rabbit run! Ruuuunnnn rabbit run!
    Aww
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    /remembering Bee fondly as the first person I ever spoke to on here

Page 678 of 680 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680 LastLast