Page 679 of 680 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680 LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,580 of 13591

Thread: Now Doing thread

~epitome of grumpiness~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Lucidity's Avatar
    In a sea of melancholy, surrounded by sharks of malcontent.

Catching up with this place.
    edited by admin due violation of the rules

Ex Moderator, Multihunter and Whistleblower

Angelic

Now > Panicking.

Been sitting on an important research project for 2 months now and after having most of December and the last 4 days to complete I've somehow only managed to write 6 words. I do have 4000 words of unorganised tosh written down but it all needs revising as currently the subject is too broad, off topic and doesn't relate to the goals of the project. Whats worse is I didn't reference as I wrote the 4000 words and I've since lost all the tabs. To make it worse I have unavoidable commitments Monday and Tuesday and the deadline is Tuesday. Fail the project and I don't qualify for the exams and viva panel. I guess I've always been good at digging my own grave academic wise.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Did you get it done?

Angelic

By the skin of my teeth I had it completed Tuesday morning and sent it in without a hitch. My tutor has since glanced at it and said it looks good but I think that simply means the subject and layout of the project are correct rather than the content being up to a pass standard. Any normal person on the course completed a draft and had her look at it to make sure they were doing the right thing unlike me who went solo right up to the deadline.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Hoping Horse is OK

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Thought I'd better pop in,
    I'm sort of OK,

as in not at all,

hid under the duvet again today while my mobile went mad *sigh*

Gawd this other forum has some foul creatures in it,
    if anyone wants to do a really fascinating study of women being hellish towards each other over nothing, then I can guarantee you enough material for a PhD in Sociology.

I say something innocent and they twist it to imply something horrible, then the clique jump on it like hyenas. Some days it's like a lunatic asylum for people with no grasp of simple English.
    I used to bristle when I'd hear men suggest women were crazy, now I don't have a leg to stand on.

Shame really, lots of really clever people, but all very left wing and all push a form of feminism that makes Stalin just look like a badly dressed bus driver. I stand out like a nail waiting for a hammer.

I may give up forums for Lent or something, if I can't usefully contribute to people then I should be doing something else.

You always usefully contribute here. I always worry when people disappear without saying anything in case they are ill or dead. Most of the time, I'm sure they are just off living their lives, but I find the ease with which people pop in and out of internet communities quite alarming.

I hope you feel better soon Horse, I find 20mg a day of fluoxetine is an excellent way to keep yourself out from under the duvet, but not everyone likes to spend their lives in a drug induced state.

Now... Trying to make sense of my nonsense.
    For as long as I've been able to spell, I've obsessively made lists. You name it, I've listed it.

This evolved into obsessive compulsive planning several years ago.
    I have several notepads full of plans.
    An extremely overly detailed plan for an around the world trip without flights, right down to the train times and platforms from Port Said to Cairo and which bus will get me from Arusha to Livingstone.
    Plans for individual trips, overly detailed down to where I'd have lunch on a Tuesday in Chiang Mai.
    Plans on where I'd like to live and how I'd like it to look, overly detailed to the point of which hose reel I'd use to clean out the chickens and ducks I'd have.
    And on and on and on.

I'm starting to think I should stop making plans and start carrying some out. And whether planning things down to the most minute detail really leaves room for any fun.
    I'm supposedly spontaneous, but people don't know how much planning goes into my spontaneity.

In summation, I think I'm having a very early mid-life crisis...

There is something somewhere written about the types of personalities who have to list things. I can't do lists, I tend to think in tangents and mind map thingies and if I do write lists it's usually an indication that I'm feeling stressed. I think it comes under the same kind of linear thinking that includes tidiness. I share an office with three other faculty directors; English, Science and Engineering. Their desks are the epitome of tidy organisation. Mine (the one belonging to the mathematician) looks like a whirlwind hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieus View Post
    I'm starting to think I should stop making plans and start carrying some out. And whether planning things down to the most minute detail really leaves room for any fun.
    I'm supposedly spontaneous, but people don't know how much planning goes into my spontaneity.

In summation, I think I'm having a very early mid-life crisis...
    I always make plans, I don't leave house without my diary. The diary is bought in November to be well prepared for new year and not to miss the first few days in January. Losing the diary is a tragedy.
    Nothing can substitute a proper diary from Paperchase.

Chicken and ducks... I have wanted ducks all my life.

Don't you remember you were thinking of going round the world a few years ago? You didn't know whether to travel or buy a flat/house though. It's very difficult to make a decision, especially when someone is very intelligent. Do you know that superintelligent people are bad leaders/bosses as they think and consider all the problems, all possible difficulies and it takes them too long to make a decision.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Flopping, after a busy afternoon brass-banding

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Doing my holiday - first one in two years

Also, spamming the forum
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

King of the Internet Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Asrue2's Avatar

Having a bit of a nostalgia session and looking through all of my old posts. Kinda sad how nobody posts here anymore. I remember that day in 2009 when we had the most members ever online and everyone was going mental. Good times.
    Tread lightly

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

That was about when I joined. Oops

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asrue2 View Post
    Having a bit of a nostalgia session and looking through all of my old posts. Kinda sad how nobody posts here anymore. I remember that day in 2009 when we had the most members ever online and everyone was going mental. Good times.
    Twas a glorious day, forgot how active this place used to be. Good to see you back briefly though!

Angelic

Listening to music, while reading a book, while drinking a bottle of beer, while talking on Skype, WHILE COOKING!

Just saying...
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Watching NCIS while banning spambots

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asrue2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrbdefender View Post
    Twas a glorious day, forgot how active this place used to be. Good to see you back briefly though!
    I wonder what calls people back to places like these.

I always visit old websites, old forums and old domains...particularly when I have a deadline, or at 4am.

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keiji_Maeda View Post
    I wonder what calls people back to places like these.

I always visit old websites, old forums and old domains...particularly when I have a deadline, or at 4am.
    What deadline do you have now?
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    What deadline do you have now?
    I've got a presentation on Monday and a 5k essay for Thursday.

The essay is on a topic of our choosing, cleared with someone in the department. No one has emailed me back

But actually, I'm active here! I just lurk and don't post.

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Page 679 of 680 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680 LastLast