Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What should constitute a ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Luders View Post
    I think the thing that should be taken away from this is don't swear in game, especially to players you don't really know, regardless of the context that it was meant.

That way there would be no cause for the MH's to ban you.

Written communication is often taken out of context and the true meaning that it was originally intended, can often be lost.
    I take offense to that, you continually talk down to and demean us, whats your problem?

What words are deemed too bad for use?

If I was to write a list on here with say Damn being mild and the C word being the worst and everything in between could the MH go through and delete the ones we cannot use?

Or would this get me banned from the Forum?
    Last edited by lubbers; 27 May 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member goldie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lubbers View Post

If I was to write a list on here with say Damn being mild and the C word being the worst and everything in between could the MH go through and delete the ones we cannot use?

Wouldn't happen. Words are subject to contents, as pointed out earlier - For example, I would never find the word Damn offensive, and can't really see how some people do - So it's different.

apricot.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzathehut View Post
    I take offense to that, you continually talk down to and demean us, whats your problem?
    How did Luders talk down and demean you from that message

I'm not a Moderator on here, but I'm pretty sure that would get you banned :p

We would rather you didnt. Suffice to say that you can get away with damn. There is a swearword filter in place so that should you type in a word that is not allowed, it will be modifed. However this is no excuse for typing it in the first place. Nor is it allowed to type a swearword using aster*cks, or ot.her methods to avoid tripping the swearfilter. If anything this is worse, as this may show a premeditated effort to avoid the swearfilter, rather than simple ignorance
    I need help, not ridicule!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvador Dali View Post
    You didnt last server and a WWK was protected for weeks..

Leaves the door open for others to abuse because you know you cant report them..

Ugly tactics.. We knew exactly where the troops were as well..
    As we dont give away which servers we play on I can only presume you mean the MH on the server you play on rather than me personally. If you are unhappy with any decision an MH has made then you can always write to admin@travian.co.uk regarding this.

I fail to see how what luders said was offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypip View Post
    As we dont give away which servers we play on I can only presume you mean the MH on the server you play on rather than me personally..
    Quite true..

Something to this effect (minus the spamming of abusive IGM's, but the tactic will leave the door wide open to such) happened last server.. When we realised what was actually happening it was too late, the player had been banned and the WWK thus protected..

Won't make that mistake again in a hurry, but it will allow players to send abusive IGM's in order to get themselves banned and protect other players troops..

Quite true..

Something to this effect (minus the spamming of abusive IGM's, but the tactic will leave the door wide open to such) happened last server.. When we realised what was actually happening it was too late, the player had been banned and the WWK thus protected..

Won't make that mistake again in a hurry, but it will allow players to send abusive IGM's in order to get themselves banned and protect other players troops..
    Its a difficult balance to achieve, do we continue to let the player send abusive messages so that others can play their game, or do we ban them so players dont get offended.

What we have to watch out for this server is players trying to get banned on purpose because they are garaging other peoples hammers..

Crafty ploy that..
    yeah like goldie and vishal last server with T Magraws acc, heard it was a nice bann but his hammer got chiefed mth later so didnt really work after all

wasnt it a Nord Girl Leader they called abusive names to to get banned? goldie?vishal? any answers to that one?

Teuton MemberTeuton Member the_chaos_demon's Avatar

Talking

Quite true..

there could be a way around it as punishment you could delete the troops of if they belong to someone else evict the troops then ban them. as for ww getting banned you could reset the ww to zero
    Trust me there is Logic in my madness

Link for Server 5
    http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_44

How to become Hated suggest that Some players are being narrow minded. what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member goldie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOONnSTARS View Post
    yeah like goldie and vishal last server with T Magraws acc, heard it was a nice bann but his hammer got chiefed mth later so didnt really work after all

wasnt it a Nord Girl Leader they called abusive names to to get banned? goldie?vishal? any answers to that one?
    I can guarenty none of the trivish hammer was stored in TMagraw. And no Nord Girl leader was abused in the banning process.

Luders posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Luders View Post
    Written communication is often taken out of context and the true meaning that it was originally intended, can often be lost.
    As I am childish and decided to poke fun at his message I posted this:

You both seem to have have had a humour by-pass so you posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjesse View Post
    How did Luders talk down and demean you from that message
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrypip View Post
    I fail to see how what luders said was offensive?
    Get it?

Self-professed Genius SummerMcLovin's Avatar

Get it?
    That really isn't funny at all...

It's the sort of thing somebody childish would say seriously, so reasonable enough to miss the 'joke'

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...

Quote Originally Posted by SummerMcLovin View Post
    That really isn't funny at all...

It's the sort of thing somebody childish would say seriously, so reasonable enough to miss the 'joke'
    I enjoyed it tbh, made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I enjoyed it tbh, made me lol
    Well the reaction he got, fair enough, but I wouldn't have picked it up from the post on its own 9 seconds

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...

Luders posted this:

Get it?
    Haha! Okay, now your post makes sense. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjesse View Post
    Haha! Okay, now your post makes sense. Nice!
    Yeah I get it now too

Luders posted this:

Get it?
    Maybe you want to work on your humour a little more

Stevie N

Quote Originally Posted by MOONnSTARS View Post

It was a lot of players who got abused to get the ban but as you say it only put off the inevitable .

Quiz Miss Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Devilish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I can guarenty none of the trivish hammer was stored in TMagraw. And no Nord Girl leader was abused in the banning process.

I can smell that from here Ry
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Locust - delicious deep fried snack from Thailand

SHED BUILDERS GUILD 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast