Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clubs VS Axe

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Mace are what you build when you've broken your axe. Axe come back more often, and in greater numbers than mace. Same with Roman heavy horse versus medium. You save on build costs because they break less easily. Think about it, a mace is basically a blunted axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Mace are what you build when you've broken your axe. Axe come back more often, and in greater numbers than mace. Same with Roman heavy horse versus medium. You save on build costs because they break less easily. Think about it, a mace is basically a blunted axe.
    It really depends on your play, Teutons sole advantage (outside of cranny dip) is the speed/cost of troop production. If you plan/believe you will kill your hammer often then it behooves you to build mace, fast rebuild means back to raiding faster.

If you are building a WWK then build axe, the extra hitting power to crop ratio becomes the main factor.

If you don't like seeing your troops die, if you are not a overactive manic raider with a stack of duals then better you play gaul or roman.

Teutons are the hardest tribe to play well for the entire game. I find them the most rewarding for the lols and annoyance factor, but then again I have never built (and have no desire to build) a WWK or monster army so I can say "see mine is bigger than yours".

Troop selection is very dependent on your play style but never forget its not how big it is, it is how you use it that counts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuo51JYA0Mc

Peoples progress thru life is often hampered by a tremendous sense of their own ignorance, regrettably this disability affects all too few people.

Angelic

I personally disagree there. In my opinion being a decent Roman player is damn site harder than succeeding as a teuton. The extra cost of troops and building time makes them a very hard tribe to be dominant with (sure I'll got loads of people disagreeing with me now).

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    I personally disagree there. In my opinion being a decent Roman player is damn site harder than succeeding as a teuton. The extra cost of troops and building time makes them a very hard tribe to be dominant with (sure I'll got loads of people disagreeing with me now).
    Each to their own, Romans have a easier life at end game than Teutons, it could be argued that one offsets the other (start and endgame), the variations are inherent in the design of the game, the results vary due to play style, activity and skill.

I have played Romans and I have to say I found them much easier than Teutons to play well for the whole of the server. Duration of success is more important than a fleeting moment of fame from an overactive manic raider, Romans excel at the long haul. Teutons get found out unless played very well and with a high level of activity.

Nonetheless I love the smelly little beggars, and I love my club hammer, especially when they die on a Roman hammer.

This is the wrong thread to be discussing the pro/cons of tribes so I will shut up about it now....lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuo51JYA0Mc

Peoples progress thru life is often hampered by a tremendous sense of their own ignorance, regrettably this disability affects all too few people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234